The Yeti's Den (I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!)

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

The Yeti's Den (I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK!)

Post by AmericanYeti » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:11 pm

I have really enjoyed the conversion and story threads of the people around the boards. When I got the book, my first idea was to go to work on some established characters, just to learn the basics. Then, it kind of developed into a hobby. That soon progressed into using the system to write stories. Hope you all enjoy my creations/stories.
Please, if you particularly like something I did, tell me. Even if what I did makes you scratch your head at my idiocy, tell me. I love hearing other people's takes on my work.
And, if you do like what I do and you decide to use it, I encourage you to do so. All you have to do is tell me how it performed, be it in game, or a playtest for your build or anything else.

AmericanYeti's Guides To...

Second Edition
Martial Arts, part 1 (Introduction/Style Descriptions)
Martial Arts, part 2 (Wushu)
Martial Arts, part 3 (Lightsaber Forms and the Gun Kata)

Third Edition
Superheroes and Combat Tactics: Styles make Fights

Builds

Third Edition

DC Comics

The Justice League
Batman
Black Canary

The Justice Society
Hawkman

Deathstroke
Joker

Marvel

Avengers
Black Widow
Captain America
Spider-man
Wolverine

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Black Widow
Elektra

X-men
Colossus
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Marvel Girl
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Shadowcat
Storm
Wolverine

The Punisher

Movies
Black Dynamite
Hit-Girl

Second Edition
Aang (Book 1)
Azula
Iroh
Katara (Book 1)
Katara (Book 2)
Mai
Sokka (Book 1)
Sokka (Book 2)
Suki
Ty Lee
Zuko (Book 1)

DC Comics (Academic)
Azrael
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
Batman
Black Canary
Deadshot
Deathstroke
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Hawkman+Hawkgirl
Huntress
Lady Shiva
Lex Luthor and Mercy Graves
Manhunter from Mars
Metallo (Updated)
Nightwing
The Reaper
Robin
Scarecrow
Superman (PL 12)
Superman (PL 14)
Wildcat

DC Comics (Story-Usable)
Aquaman
Batgirl III
Batman
Black Canary
Captain Atom
Catwoman
Darkseid
Deadshot
Deathstroke
Firefly
Flash
Gorilla Grodd
Green Arrow
Green Lantern 2184.1
Green Lantern 2814.3
Green Lantern (Generic)
Hawkgirl
Hawkman
Jason Todd
Joker
Killer Croc
Huntress
Lady Shiva
Martian Manhunter
Mongula
Nightwing
Onomatopoeia
Oracle
Prometheus
Ra's Al Ghul
Red Tornado
Robin III
The Question
Sinestro
Superman
Wonder Woman

Fantasy Characters
Kratos
Turin Turambar

Firefly
Inara Serra
Jayne Cobb
Kaylee Frye
Mal Reynolds
River Tam
Shepherd Book
Simon Tam
Hoban "Wash" Washburne
Zoe Washburne

GCPD
Arnold Flass
Harvey Bullock

Marvel Comics (Academic)
Beast
Bullseye
Cable
Captain America
Cyclops
Daredevil
Deadpool
Dr. Doom
Dr. Octopus
Elektra
Gambit
Green Goblin
The Hulk
Iceman
Iron Fist
Iron Man
The Juggernaut
Lady Deathstrike
Luke Cage
Nick Fury, Director of SHIELD
Nightcrawler
The Punisher
Phoenix
Red Skull
Rogue
Sabertooth
Shocker
Spider-Man
Storm
Thor
Vision
Vulture
War Machine
Wolverine

Marvel Comics (Story-usable)

The Avengers
Captain America
Hulk
Iron Man
Namor
Thor

The Brotherhood of Mutants
Juggernaut
Magneto
Sabretooth
Toad

The Dark Avengers
Ares
Daken
Dark Hawkeye/Bullseye
Iron Patriot
Moonstone
Sentry
Venom (Mac Gargan)

The Inhumans
Black Bolt

The New Avengers
Captain America II
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Ms. Marvel
Spider-man
Wolverine

S.H.I.E.L.D
Black Widow

The X-men
Angel
Beast
Colossus
Cyclops
Iceman
Nightcrawler
Phoenix (Jean Grey)
Psylocke
Rogue
Shadowcat
Storm
Wolverine

Batroc the Leaper
Coleen Wing
Daredevil
Deadpool
Elektra
Green Goblin
Kingpin
Mister X
Misty Knight
Omega Red
Punisher
Stilt-man
Taskmaster

Misc. Comics
Hellboy
The Killer

Movies
007 (Updated)
Baroness
Bellatrix Lestrange
Captain James T. Kirk
Connor and Murphy MacManus
Doctor Leonard McCoy
Duke
The Enterprise
Ivan Drago
Harry Potter
Hermione Granger
Jackie Chan
James Bond
Jason Bourne
Jason Bourne (Updated)
Jimmy J. Braddock
Neo-Viper
Ripcord
Rocky Balboa
Ron Weasley
Scarlett
Severus Snape
Snake Eyes
Spock
Storm Shadow

Original Builds
Big Boss Anton and Hideo Ojima
Captain
Justice
Pugilist

Pulp
Tarzan

Real-life Legends
American Yeti
Arthur Abraham
Cro Cop
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Juan Manuel Marquez
Lyoto Machida
Manny Pacquiao
Michael Jordan
Miguel Cotto
Mike Tyson
Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali (Version 2)
Pernell Whitaker
Ricky Hatton
Roberto Duran
Rocky Marciano
Santa Claus
Shogu Rua

Star Wars
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Kazdan Paratus
Luke Skywalker
Mace Windu
Rahm Kota
Starkiller

Television
Vegeta (Beginning of Dragonball Z)

Warhammer 40k
Dreadnought
Space Marine
Space Marine Captain

Ultimate DC
Wonder Woman
[/url]

Video Games
John Marston
Sam Fisher

Yetiverse
Batman Update 1
Bruce Wayne
The Joker
Metallo
Ra's Al Ghul and Ubu
Superman Update 1

Stories

One-shots
Night of the Scarecrow! (Happy Halloween!)

Arcs
Batman: Origins
Batman: Origins (The Test of Ra's Al Ghul)
Batman: Origins (Bruce's Mountain)

Notes on Batman: Origins - Honestly, I didn't expect this to be so much like Batman Begins, but the rest of my stories won't be like the movie counterparts, I hope.

The Last Son of Krypton (Finding Superman)
The Last Son of Krypton (Enter Metallo)
The Last Son of Krypton (Fight With the Metal Man)
The Last Son of Krypton (Saiyan Fury)
The Last Son of Krypton (Son of Jor-El, Part One)
The Last Son of Krypton (Son of Jor-el, Part Two)
The Last Son of Krypton (Son of Jor-el, Finale)

A Dark Knight in Gotham (I am Vengeance...)
A Dark Knight in Gotham (An Evening at the Circus)
A Dark Knight in Gotham (Play with Fire...)
.A Dark Knight in Gotham(..And you get Burned)
A Dark Knight in Gotham (What a Punch Line!)

Tales of the BLH (Old Habits Die Hard)
Tales of the BLH (What an Entrance)

Avengers Assembled Preview #1 (Captain America)
Epilogue

Avengers Assembled Act 1
Avengers Assembled (Preface to War) (Invincible Iron Man)
Avengers Assembled (The Avenger Initiative) (Invincible Iron Man)
Avengers Assembled (Hard Heads) (Invincible Iron Man)
Avengers Assembled (SMASH!) (Avengers Assembled)
Avengers Assembled (The Belly of the Beast, part one) (Cable and Deadpool)
Avengers Assembled (Belly of the Beast, part two) (Cable and Deadpool)
Avengers Assembled (A Challenge) (Battlefield: New York)
Avengers Assembled (The First Battle for New York) (Battlefield: New York)
Avengers Assembled (Grudge Match) (Invincible Iron Man)
Avengers Assembled (The Agony of Defeat) (Invincible [heh heh] Iron Man)

Act 2
Avengers Assembled (The Little Guy) (The Knights)
Avengers Assembled (The Little Guy, Part 2) (The Knights)
Avengers Assembled (Deceiving the Bat) (The Batman)
Avengers Assembled (Casualties of War) (The Batman)
Avengers Assembled (A Sense of Duty) (Battlefield: New York)
Avengers Assembled (Duel in the Subway) (Invincible Iron Man)
Avengers Assembled (The Heart of a Devil) (The Knights)
Avengers Assembled (Flying Blind) (The Batman)
Avengers Assembled(The Batman Strikes) (The Batman)
Avengers Assembled (Crisis at the UN) (Cable and Deadpool)
Avengers Assembled (The Irresistible Force) (Cable and Deadpool)
Avengers Assembled (The Dysfunctional Duo)
Avengers Assembled (Breaking a Monster)
Avengers Assembled (The Second Wave)
Avengers Assembled (Castle's Alamo)
Avengers Assembled (Revelations)

Act 3
Avengers Assembled (Compensating)
Avengers Assembled (Destroyer)
Avengers Assembled (Only Who is Left)
Avengers Assembled (To Humble a God...)
Avengers Assembled (Battle for Stark Towers, p1)
Avengers Assembled (Battle for Stark Towers, p2)
Avengers Assembled (Taming the Beast)
Avengers Assembled (Conclusion part 1)

Miscellany
Combat Statistics Reference Sheet
Tyson/Ali Fight
Build Count - 253
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Mon May 09, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 258 times in total.
AmericanYeti: Evolution

Come and enter the Yeti's Den!
Geekery wrote:If life gives you lemons, build NPCs.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Thomas Wayne looked down at his young son, Bruce. He and Martha had argued for an hour over whether Bruce was ready to watch an R-rated movie in theaters, and it seemed she had been right. Poltergeist was too much for the boy, who was wide-eyed and pale with fright. His wife shot him an I-told-you-so look, and Thomas gave up. He picked Bruce up and comforted him as he left the theater. They walked hurriedly down the street, trying to avoid the bums on the sidewalk.
“Come on, Martha, the garage is only another block and a half.” They were interrupted in their walk by a man who stumbled onto Thomas.
“Help a guy who’s down on his luck?” said the man, his voice slurred by alcohol. Thomas reached for his wallet, but the man didn’t like that. “Hey, keep ‘em were I can see ‘em, pal! Hey,” he said, reaching for Martha’s necklace, “I like that.”
“No can do, friend. Please, leave us alone.” Thomas tried his best to defuse the situation, but the bum turned angry.
“Well, we’re going to do things my way.” He pulled a gun and pointed it at Martha. Thomas stepped in front of her. The gun went off. Thomas fell to the ground. The bum grabbed her necklace as she screamed and he fired again. She fell, too. Pearls fell to the ground like snowflakes around Bruce who dropped to his knees, crying. The man sprinted away, disappearing with the streetlights.

10 years later, Chendu, China
Bruce Wayne stood across from no fewer than eight men, two of whom he had a strong feeling were carrying guns. He had caught the group in the process of mugging an old woman and had interfered.
<“Come on, tough guys. You want some? Come and get it.”> They snickered at him. One man against all eight of them?
<"Alright, sticks. One ass-whipping coming up."
Before the goons could move, Bruce had landed a flying kick directly on the chest of the one closest to him. He landed and spun, driving his elbow into the nose of another opponent. A bullet whizzed by his head and a second caught him in the shoulder. He forced himself to ignore the stinging pain and easily avoided the clumsy attacks of the thugs who barreled down on him. Another step took moved Bruce to within range of a third thug. He grabbed the man and Bruce drove his knee into the thugs stomach, who collapsed with a groan. Another bullet ricocheted off of the wall behind him and Bruce turned to see two men wielding pipes come after him. One swung his pipe over his head like an axe, which Bruce easily sidestepped, but there was a blinding flash as the second pipe caught the back of his head. Bruce dropped to a knee, reeling from the blow. His assailants proceeded to brutally beat him with their pipes. Bruce gave a whimper as he tried to stand and the two thugs laughed at his plight. Then, he stopped making noise and swung to his feet. Two quick punches later, the two were down. Bruce looked around for the last thug, but couldn’t find him. Then, a slow clap reached his ears.
THE MATH
Initiative
Bruce – 20
Thugs – 16
ROUND 1
Bruce is carrying no equipment. He leaps at the first thug. He takes 10 on the attack roll, success. Toughness Save DC 21, failed. He uses Takedown Attack and hits the next thug. Toughness Save, failed. There are no more targets for Bruce within range.
One thug with a gun draws it and fires, Roll 3+12=15, failure. The other one draws and fires, 3+19=22, success! Toughness save DC 18, 3+7=10, failure. Bruce will spend his Hero Point to reroll, 17+7=24, success. Two thugs charge Bruce, one using the aid action, successfully. The next thug attacks, failure. The other two thugs find weapons.
ROUND 2
Bruce moves and Power Attacks one gun-wielding thug, +3/-3. He takes 10 on the attack roll, success. Toughness Save DC 22, failed. The thug is unconscious.
The second gun-wielder fires and runs away. 13+3=16, failure. The two weapon wielding thugs run and attack Bruce, one aiding the other. Aid successful. Attack roll 20+5=22, success. Critical hit! Toughness Save DC 23, 10+7=17, failure. Bruce is Bruised and Stunned.
ROUND 3
Bruce is stunned and unable to act.
The two attack, Attack rolls 12 and 13+3=successes. Toughness save DC 18, passed both times.
ROUND 4
Bruce willl try to Bluff them into thinking he’s still stunned. Bluff 15+5=20, vs 7+0 and 3+0, successes. The two thugs are flatfooted again. Bruce’ll use acrobatics to stand as a free action. 13+11=24, success. He attacks the first goon, taking 10. Success, Toughness save DC 21, failed. He uses Takedown attack, and hits. Toughness save DC 21, failed. The two are now unconscious, meaning that everyone but the last gun-wielder is down, but he ran away.
“Excellent work, Mr. Wayne. I am impressed.” Two men stood above him on a fire escape. The one who addressed him was tall, with brown hair that grayed at the temples. He wore a goatee and a green suit. To his left was a beast of a man, tall and bulky. The two were shrouded by the darkness, but Bruce could tell that they were far more dangerous than the riff-raff he had just fought. The men began to climb down the ladder. “Come with me, we have much to discuss.”
“I’m not going anywhere,” said Bruce defiantly. The man in green’s bodyguard gave Bruce a glare that froze his blood.
“Mr. Wayne, I am not accustomed to repeating myself, but we are not acquainted, so I will forgive you. You will come with me. What you do after that is your own choice.” Bruce could now make out the bodyguard, a large, muscular Chinese man with a shaved head. A car pulled up behind them and the bodyguard opened the door. Bruce hesitated before stepping into the car. He was followed by the man and green and his bodyguard.
“Now, if you’d care to explain just what the hell-“ Bruce began, but he was interrupted by the man in green.
“My name is Ra’s Al Ghul, and this is my associate, Ubu. I know of your…mission, and I would like to say, bravo. You’re goals are quite admirable. You, however, lack the means to accomplish your goal. Yes, I realize you have training, but it is incomplete at best. At worst, you are a danger to yourself and those you would save. Now, I offer you those means.”
“I didn’t make it as far as I did by trusting people. But, suppose I trusted you. What reason do you have to train me?”
“Because, regardless of your lack of refinement, you have shown great potential. You could be useful in my crusade. Against corruption. Against evil. Allow me to refine you into a weapon. A sword against the darkness. So, Mr. Wayne, do you accept? Will you join my crusade?”
“I accept, Ra’s. I accept.”
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Bruce Wayne (Pre-Batman)
"I seek the means to fight injustice. To turn fear against those who would attack the fearful.”
Real Name: Bruce Wayne Identity: Secret Occupation: Student Citizenship: U.S.A., Missing, presumed dead Place of Birth: Gotham City, Illinois Base of Operations: Mobile
PL 9
Str 16 Dex 17 Con 18 Int 18 Wis 15 Cha 14
Skills: Acrobatics+6 (+9), Bluff+3 (+5), Climb+5 (+8), Craft (Mechanical)+4 (+8), Disable Device+6 (+10), Disguise+5 (+7), Drive+6 (+9), Escape Artist+6 (+9), Gather Information+6 (+8), Intimidate+4 (+6), Investigate+5 (+9), Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences)+2 (+6), Knowledge (Civics)+3 (+7), Knowledge (Current Events)+5 (+9), Knowledge (Physical Sciences)+2 (+6), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+10), Knowledge (Tactics)+4 (+8), Language 4 (French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Base: English), Notice+4 (+6), Search+4 (+8), Sense Motive+6 (+9), Stealth+8 (+11)
Feats: All-out Attack, Assessment, Attack Specialization (Unarmed), Attractive, Beginner’s Luck, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 5, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Endurance, Evasion, Favored Opponent (Criminal), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Jack of All Trades, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Sneak Attack, Takedown Attack, Track, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)
Combat: Attack+8, Unarmed+10, Damage+3, Defense 21/13 when flat-footed, Initiative+8, Knockback-4/-2 Flatfooted
Tradeoffs: +2 Attack/-2 Damage, +2 Defense/-2 Toughness
Saves: Toughness+7/+4 Flatfooted, Fort+7, Ref+9, Will+6
Complications: Hatred (Criminals), Phobia (Bats), Secret (Existence, Identity)
Starting Hero Points: 2
Abilities 38 + Skills 29 + Feats 24 + Combat 28 + Saves 10 = 130
Notes: This is Bruce Wayne sometime during his sojourn around the world, circa 1993. He’s a fearsome street-level hero, more than a match for pretty much all of the garbage that one’s going to find in a campaign like that, but he’s not yet identifiable as Batman. Bruce here is a good fighter, a passable infiltrator and is pretty versatile in a social situation, so long as that situation doesn’t call for fancy talking. At the moment, his favored style is Muay Thai, identifying it as an effective means to drop opponents quickly, so watch for him to get up close to his enemies and pound them mercilessly into submission. He is, however, proficient in several other martial arts, notably Savate and Karate. Bruce hasn’t yet progressed into “soft” martial arts, or the ninjitsu that Batman will use so effectively.

Sorry about the large size. Once I figure out how to shirnk an image, I'll do it. Also, there won't be as many pictures throughout. I just liked that image from Year One so much that I needed it, and the covers are fun to do.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Darth Vader
“When I last left you I was but the learner. Now I am the master.”
Pl 12
Str 8 [26] Dex 8 [14] Con 8 [26] Int 16 Wis 14 Cha 14
Skills Acrobatics+4 (+6), Bluff+8 (+10), Computers+4 (+7), Concentration+8 (+10), Craft (Electrical)+8 (+11), Craft (Mechanical)+12 (+15), Intimidate+10 (+12), Knowledge (History)+2 (+5), Knowledge (Jedi Lore)+6 (+9), Knowledge (Sith Lore)+6 (+9), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+9), Knowledge (Tactics)+4 (+7), Language 2 (Huttese, Sith, Base: Basic), Notice+4 (+6), Pilot+12 (+14), Sense Motive+4 (+6)
Feats Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Attack Focus (Melee) 2, Attack Specialization (Lightsaber), Benefit (Status), Challenge (Mass Intimidate, One Hand on the Wheel [Pilot]), Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Distract (Intimidate), Fascinate (Intimidate), Favored Opponent (Jedi) 2, Fearless, Improved Block, Improved Critical (Lightsaber) 2, Improved Grapple, Interpose, Inventor, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Rage (Lasts 15 rounds), Startle, Takedown Attack ,Weapon Break
Powers
Device 14 (Life Support Armor, Hard to Lose)
• Communication 4 (Radio) (4 pp)
• Enhanced Constitution 18 (18 pp)
• Enhanced Dexterity 6 (6 pp)
• Enhanced Strength 18 (18 pp)
• Immunity 9 (Life Support) (9 pp)
• Impervious Toughness 6 (6 pp)
• Protection 5 (5 pp)
• Super-strength 2 (Heavy Load: 1.35 tons) (4 pp)
Device 4 (Lightsaber, Easy to Lose) (12 pp)
• Corrosion 10 (20 pp)
Force Array 18 (36 pp)
• Telekinesis 10 (Extras: Damaging, Perception, Flaws: Full-round Action)
o AP: Deflect Energy Attacks 10 (Extras: Free Action)
o AP: ESP All Senses 15 (Flaws: Full-round Action)
o AP: Mind Control 10 (Extras: Conscious)
o AP: Suffocate 6 (Extras: Perception, Sustained)
o AP: Telepathy 15
o AP: Trip 12 (Extras: Knockback)
Combat Attack+8, Melee+10, Lightsaber+12, Damage+8, Lightsaber+10, Telekinesis+10, Trip+12, Suffocate+6 Defense 21/15 while flatfooted, Initiative+2, Knockback -11
Saves Toughness+8/+6 flatfooted, Fort+6, Ref+7, Will+7
Abilities 8 + Skills 25 + Feats 32 + Powers 109 + Combat 38 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 5 = Total 220
Notes: Wow. Darth Vader, minus 45 points from my old version, is still a monster. I’m not quite sure where I made him weaker, he’s just streamlined in every way and frightening to face. In the Star Wars universe, he’s all but unbeatable because if you’re not a Jedi, you’re probably not good enough to beat him and if you are a Jedi, he becomes even more powerful. He covers everything you’d think – strong, tough, excellent pilot, excellent mechanic and terrifying dude. I like my new build.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:11 am

I really like this build of DarthVader you got :)
Keep up the good work. As far image resizing, there are a few online tools you can use without have to download anything. Try http://PicNik.com for a free image editor, with a few nice features on it.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:56 am

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment. I like the site and I'm sure that the page is easier to read. Now, for another chapter. I had a lot of fun writing this one, hope you guys like it as much!

Ra’s’ helicopter touched down on a small landing pad on a tower somewhere in the Himalayas. Ubu, Bruce and Ra’s stepped out into the blistering cold. Subzero wind swirled around them. They quickly walked inside, where a fire greeted them. Bruce moved to the fire, hoping to warm up, but Ra’s put a hand on his shoulder.
“No, Mr. Wayne. There is no time for comfort. Follow me.” They walked for what seemed like an eternity. Bruce’s legs felt like lead, he was so tired. But they continued until they reached a dojo. Ubu was already standing there in the center, wearing his gi.
“Now, you will fight Ubu. We shall see how you fight while you are tired.”
Bruce and Ubu exchanged bows then, with a flash, Bruce leapt into a flying kick which caught Ubu soundly on the chest, but Ubu absorbed the impact and responded with a large hook, which connected with Bruce’s jaw. Bruce barely felt it as he swung around, driving his knee upwards into Ubu’s stomach. It was obvious that Ubu was caught by surprise by the attack, and his eyes crossed as he stumbled backwards. Bruce followed up with a sweep that practically bounced off of the massive man’s leg. Bruce withdrew and shifted his weight so that he was ready to box. Then, Ubu pulled a smoke pellet from the folds of his gi and threw it to the ground, leaping straight up into the rafters. Bruce looked at Ra’s quizzically.
“Expect the unexpected, Mr. Wayne.” When the smoke cleared, he was nowhere to be seen. Bruce caught a flash of movement and instinctively ducked, as Ubu sailed over him, almost destroying the floor underneath his massive foot. Ubu shook off yet another blow, this time an elbow driven to his jaw. He grabbed Bruce roughly and put both bulky arms around his throat. Bruce struggled to escape, and with a burst of extra effort, he pulled free of the chokehold. He tried to knee Ubu in the groin, but instead caught the larger man on the thigh to no effect. In response, Ubu slammed his forehead into Bruce’s face, stunning him. Seeing an opportunity, he headbutted Bruce again, but to a lesser effect. Bruce’s face was now swollen and purple with Bruises, but he managed to slip free of Ubu’s vice grip. Bruce turned to face his opponent only to catch a vicious cross to the cheek. He managed to shake the stars from his eyes and faked to the left, but Ubu read him and caught Bruce’s punch to the right. Ubu tried to feint Bruce in return to no avail. Bruce ducked the powerful haymaker that shortly followed. Jabbing lightly, Bruce probed his opponent’s defense, looking for an opening.
Ubu again grabbed at Bruce, catching him in a good hold. Ubu picked Bruce up over his head, which left Bruce awed at the massive strength of the man. His thoughts were interrupted by a crashing sound that he realized was him crashing through the wall. Ubu had thrown him straight
through a wall! His head was spinning and as his eyes cleared, they came to focus on a small pile of shuriken that must have been knocked down from the wall. Desperately, he threw them at Ubu. Miraculously, five found their target, sticking from his chest. He roared with pain and collapsed backwards, exhausted and beaten.
“Expect the unexpected, Ubu,” Bruce managed before his legs gave out and he fell to the ground.
THE MATH
Initiative
Bruce – 17 (Fatigued)
Ubu – 12
ROUND 1
Bruce starts off the fight 15 feet away from Ubu. He is fatigued, for which he will receive a Hero Point. I determine that he cannot use it to overcome fatigue for this fight. He charges. Attack roll 7+9+2=18, success. Toughness Save DC 17, Ubu shrugs off the attack. Bruce is at –2 to Defense for the round, and another –1 for being fatigued.
Ubu Power Attacks +3/-3. Attack roll 18+9-3=24, success. Toughness Save DC 22, nat 20, success! He steps to the side of Bruce. He had assessed Bruce when they found him, Sense Motive 7+6=13, Bluff check 6+5=11, Ubu knows that Bruce is marginally better than he is at 100%, but he can also tell that Bruce is tired now.
ROUND 2
Bruce will try to feint as a move action for a –5 penalty. Bluff check 10+0=10. Hero Point to reroll, 19! Ubu’s Sense Motive check 11+6=17, failure. Bruce power attacks +4/-4. Attack roll 10+5=15, success. Toughness Save DC 21, failure by 11. Ubu takes a Bruise, and is stunned as well as staggered. GM fiat to remove the staggered condition, Bruce receives a Hero point.
Ubu is stunned and unable to act.
ROUND 3
Bruce will try to trip Ubu. Attack roll 11+9=20, success. Strength check 17+2=19, against Ubu’s 12+9=21. Ubu stays up and will try to trip Bruce in response. Attack roll 1+9=10, failure. Bruce moves backwards 10 feet.
Ubu quick draws a smoke pellet from the folds of his gi. Hero point for Bruce for the setback. He throws it to the ground. He will hide from Bruce. Stealth check 7+12=19, although Bruce cannot resist yet due to the smoke.
ROUND 4
Bruce tries to listen for Ubu. Notice check 6+6=12, failure. He goes on Total Defense, making his defense 25 for the round.
Ubu is hiding on the rafters of the dojo, a jump he can easily make (the rafters are 10 feet up and he’s about 7 feet tall). He refocuses for the round, meaning he will act first next round.
ROUND 5
The smoke subsides and Ubu drops down to attack Bruce. He all-out power attacks +5/-5. Attack roll 9+9=18, failure. He lands directly behind Bruce.
Bruce all-out power attacks +5/-5. Attack roll 10+9+5=24, success. Toughness save DC 22, success. Ubu is unaffected by the mighty blow.
ROUND 6
Ubu grapples Bruce. Attack to grab 14+9=23, success. Grapple check 19+13=32, Bruce’s opposing check 7+11=18. Bruce is grappled. The two stagger around the dojo and Ubu pins Bruce, starting a chokehold. Bruce can hold his breath for 18 rounds.
Bruce tries to escape the pin using Escape Artist. Roll 3+9=12, Hero Point to reroll. Natural 20! 29 to escape, against Ubu’s grapple check, 9+13=22. Bruce escapes the pin. He’ll use Extra Effort to surge, but I decide that he can use a Hero Point to cancel exhaustion. He’ll attack Ubu. Grapple check 11+11=22. Ubu’s grapple check 12+13=25, miss.
ROUND 7
Ubu attacks. Grapple check 15+13=28. Bruce’s grapple check 1+11=12. Toughness save DC 19, failure by 8. Bruce is stunned and takes a bruise.
Bruce is stunned and unable to act.
ROUND 8
Ubu deals damage again. Bruce is unable to resist, so Ubu hits. Toughness save DC 19, failed by 1. Bruce takes a second bruise.
Bruce will try to escape Ubu. Escape Artist check 5+9=14. He decides that he needs to escape and uses a Hero Point to reroll. 17+9=26. Ubu’s grapple check 9+13=22. Bruce ducks the grapple.
ROUND 9
Ubu wants to end the fight now. He all-out power attacks +5/-5. Attack roll 3+14=17, GM fiat to reroll. Bruce gets a hero point. 10+14=24, success. Toughness Save DC 24, failed by 8. Bruce is stunned and takes another Bruise. He’ll use the Hero Point to overcome the stun.
Bruce feints again as a move action. Bluff check 6+0=6. Ubu can’t fail. Bruce defensive attacks +3/-3. 8+6=14, failure.
ROUND 10
Ubu feints as a move action. 2+5=7. Sense motive check 11+9=20. Ubu doesn’t feint well enough but all-out power attacks +5/-5. Attack roll 7+14=21, failure.
Bruce attacks. Attack roll 4+9=13, failure. He assesses Ubu, Sense Motive roll 6+9=15 against Ubu’s Bluff check 5-1=4. Bruce realizes exactly what Ubu learned: that he is a more skilled fighter, but at the moment, they are even.
ROUND 11
Ubu grabs at Bruce. Attack roll 17+9=26, success. Grapple check 18+13=31. Bruce’s grabble check 6+11=17. He’s grappled. Ubu will throw Bruce, who weighs about 230 lbs. He can throw Bruce five feet. He tosses him into a wall, which has a Toughness of +2. Bruce hits the wall. Toughness save DC 17, failed by one, and he goes through it, hitting the ground. Bruce takes a fourth bruise.
The wall he was thrown through had a weapons rack on it and he picks up some shuriken from the ground and throws it at Ubu, who wasn’t expecting it. Notice check DC 18 to not be flatfooted. 10+12=22, passed. Attack roll 20+8. Critical hit! Also enough to get the full +5 autofire bonus! Toughness save DC 26, natural 1! Ubu is unconscious!
Wow...I thought that Ubu would mop the floor with a fatigued Bruce Wayne, but that didn't happen. Bruce was just impossible to put down. He even managed to pull out the fight, granted with a little favor from me. However, I gave him that because I had given Ubu a reroll a couple rounds before without giving Bruce the hero point.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:08 pm

The Demon’s Head
“Excellent work, detective. But you’re too late now.”
Real Name: Ra’s al Ghul Identity: Secret Occupation: Scholar/Vigilante Citizenship: Not registered Place of Birth: Arabia Base of Operations: The Himalayas
PL 10
Str 14 Dex 15 Con 17 Int 20 Wis 22 Cha 21
Skills: Bluff+8 (+13), Computers+6 (+11), Concentration+6 (+12), Diplomacy+10 (+15), Disguise+4 (+9), Gather Information+10 (+15), Handle Animal+5 (+11), Intimidate+11 (+17), Investigate+8 (+13), Knowledge (Arcane)+4 (+9), Knowledge (Art)+6 (+11), Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences)+7 (+12), Knowledge (Business)+6 (+11), Knowledge (Current Events)+6 (+11), Knowledge (History)+12 (+17), Knowledge (Life Sciences)+12 (+17), Knowledge (Streetwise)+7 (+12), Medicine+4 (+10), Notice+8 (+14), Ride+4 (+6), Sense Motive+9 (+15), Stealth+8 (+10), Survival+8 (+14)
Feats: Accurate Attack, Animal Empathy, Artificer, Assessment, Attack Focus (Melee) 4, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Wealthy), Blind Fight, Chokehold, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 10, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 2, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Block, Inspire, Master Plan, Minions 6 (25 minion rank 1 scientists), Minions 8 (25 minion rank 3 Ninjas), Quick Draw, Redirect, Sneak Attack 2, Track, Trance, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory), Well-informed
Powers:
Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6 pp)
Summon Minion 9 (Extras: Fanatical, Heroic, Flaws: Full-round Action) (18 pp)
Equipment: Scimitar
HQ (Himalayan Tower: Huge size, Toughness 9, Features – Communications, Computer, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, The Lazarus Pit (Immunity 1 [Aging], Regeneration 3 [Resurrection 3]), Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Pool, Power System, Workshop) 23 ep
Helicopter, Limousine
Combat: Attack+6, Melee+10, Damage+2, Scimitar+5, Defense 23/14 when flat-footed, Initiative+2, Knockback-3/-1 while flatfooted
Tradeoffs: -3 Toughness/+3 Defense
Saves: Toughness+7/+3 while flatfooted, Fort+7, Ref+7, Will+11
Abilities 49 + Skills 40 + Feats 63 + Powers 24 + Combat 30 + Saves 14 = 220
Notes: Here’s Ra’s himself. Ra’s is a scholar like nobody else and a very formidable opponent in a fight. He can speak so many languages that I thought that it would save points to just give him Comprehend instead of Language whatever. Summon Minion with the Heroic extra is really just my way of ditching the Sidekick here. Besides, I think it’s pretty flavorful. Ubu’s not there, then Ra’s claps his hand and he drops down from the ceiling. I made Ubu a lot more competent than he is usually shown. Now he's more than a glorified manservant, he's a legit bodyguard, capable of holding his own against pretty much any unpowered human this side of a veteran Batman. He’s also got 25 ninjas and scientists (taken from the back of the book ‘cause I’m lazy) at his beck and call.

Ubu
“Yes, master.”
Real Name: Unknown Identity: Secret Occupation: Bodyguard Citizenship: Not registered Place of Birth: The Himalayas Base of Operations: Ra’s’ Mountain Tower
PL 9
Str 18 Dex 18 Con 18 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 8
Skills: Acrobatics+6 (+10), Climb+3 (+7), Concentration+5 (+7), Disguise+6 (+5), Drive+8 (+12), Escape Artist+4 (+6), Intimidate+10 (+9), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+6), Knowledge (Tactics)+3 (+3), Language 1(English, Base: Mandarin), Medicine+6 (+8), Notice+10 (+12), Pilot+8 (+12), Ride+4 (+8), Sense Motive+4 (+6), Stealth+8 (+12), Survival+4 (+6)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Ambidexterity, Assessment, Benefit (No Identity), Blind-fight, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Diehard, Dodge Focus 6, Elusive Target, Endurance, Equipment 6, Evasion, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Second Chance (Notice Checks), Set-up, Sneak Attack, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Trance, Ultimate Notice, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory), Weapon Bind
Equipment: Smoke Grenades, Sword, Machine Pistol, Shuriken, Pistol, 3 unspent points
Combat: Attack+9, Damage+4, Sword+7, Machine Pistol+3, Defense 20/12 when flat-footed, Initiative+8, Knockback-4/-3 Flatfooted
Tradeoffs: +1 Defense/-1 Toughness
Saves: Toughness+8/+4 flatfooted, Fort+8, Ref+8, Will+6
Abilities 26 + Skills 24 + Feats 47 + Combat 26 + Saves 12 = 135
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Túrin Turambar
Real Name Túrin, son of Húrin Identity: Semi-Public Occupation: Warrior Citizenship: N/A Place of Birth: Arnor Base of Operations: Mobile
PL 12
Str 24, Dex 18 Con 16 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 12
Skills: Acrobatics+1 (+5), Bluff+5 (+6), Climb+3 (+10), Concentration+2 (+2), Diplomacy+4 (+4), Disguise+6 (+7), Handle Animal+8 (+8), Intimidate+9 (+10), Knowledge (History)+4 (+5), Knowledge (Tactics)+8 (+9), Medicine+2 (+2), Notice+10 (+10), Perform (Oratory)+6 (+7), Perform (Sing)+6 (+7), Ride+8 (+12), Sense Motive+5 (+5), Stealth+7 (+11), Survival+8 (+8)
Feats: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attractive, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (Status), Defensive Attack, Endurance, Equipment 3, Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Anglachel) 2, Jack of All Trades, Minions 8, Power Attack, Precise Shot 2, Quick Draw 2, Ranged Pin, Redirect, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Track, Uncanny Dodge (Auditory)
Powers:
Device 3 (Dragon Helm of Dor Lomin, Hard to Lose, Power Feats: Restricted [Str 20 or higher]) (13 pp)
· Despair Control 6 (Extras: Continuous, Flaws: Limited [Servants of the Shadow], Permanent, Ranged, Sense-Dependent [Sight]) linked to Fear Control 6 (Extras: Continuous, Flaws: Limited [Servants of the Shadow, Permanent, Ranged, Sense-dependent) (6 pp)
· Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 4) (9 pp)
Device 2 (Anglachel, Easy to Lose) (6 pp)
· Strike 4 (Extras: Penetrating, Power Feats: Mighty) (10 pp)
Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease, Flaws: Limited) (1 pp)
Equipment
Bow (8 pp), Plate-mail (5 ep), 2 ep based on mission
Combat: Attack+13, Damage+7, Anglachel+11, Bow+11, Defense 21/15 while flatfooted, Initiative+4, Knockback
Saves: Toughness+13 (Impervious 4), Fort+6, Ref+10, Will+3
Tradeoffs Attack +1/Damage-1, Defense-1/Toughness+1
Complications Accident (Name one, it’s happened), Enemy (Morgoth), Reputation (Kinslayer)
Starting Hero Points: 1
Abilities 32 + Skills 25 + Feats 40 + Powers 23 + Combat 48 + Saves 12 = Total 180
Notes: One of the titular Children of Hurin, Turin here is pretty much as mighty as it gets in the Tolkien Legendarium. I had seen a lot of Lord of the Rings builds, but as of yet, I haven't seen any Silmarillion-era builds, so I figured why not differentiate myself? I need to, after starting off with a Batman build. His sword will cut through the hardest armor Middle-Earth has to offer and his helmet will scare the bejeezus out of Orcs and other servants. Heavy hitters like Glaurung, or people who don't directly serve Morgoth won't be affected, though.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 pm

The Joker
“Let’s put a smile on that face…”
Real Name Jasper Crawley Identity: Secret Occupation: Criminal Citizenship: U.S.A., Currently Incarcerated Place of Birth:Gotham City, Illinois Base of Operations: Gotham City
PL 10
Str 15 [20] Dex 16 [20] Con 12 [18] Int 20 Wis 10 Cha 18
Skills: Acrobatics+6 (+11), Bluff+8 (+12), Craft (Chemical)+10 (+15), Craft (Mechanical)+8 (+13), Disguise+10 (+15), Escape Artist+6 (+11), Intimidate+3 (+8), Knowledge (Streetwise)+7 (+12), Notice+6 (+6), Perform (Comedy)+8 (+12), Sense Motive+4 (+4), Sleight of Hand+6 (+11)
Feats: Attack Focus (Ranged) 3, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit (No Identity), Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 5, Dodge Focus 6, Elusive Target, Equipment 5, Evasion, Fearsome Presence 3, Inventor, Master Plan, Quick Change, Quick Draw, Redirect, Second Chance (Bluff Checks), Skill Mastery (Bluff, Craft [Mechanical], Perform [Comedy], Sleight of Hand), Sneak Attack 3, Taunt
Powers:
Enhanced Constitution 6 (6 pp)
Enhanced Dexterity 4 (4 pp)
Enhanced Strength 5 (5 pp)
Gadgets 5 (Joker's Arsenal, Hard to Lose) (35 pp)
· Blast 5 (Extras: Autofire, Explosion, Selective) (Explosive gumballs)
· Stun 6 (Power Feats: Subtle) linked to Strike 5 (Power Feats: Subtle) (Joy Buzzer)
· Suffocate 5 linked to Transform (Joker Grin) 5 (25 pp) (Joker Gas)
· Strike 5 (Power Feats: Mighty) linked to Stun 2 OR Blast 4 (Extras: Penetrating, Power Feats: Distract [Bluff], Improved Critical 2) (Hammer and “BANG!” gun)
Immunity (Joker Gas, Interaction) (6 pp)
Regeneration 1 (Resurrection 1) (1 pp)
Equipment: Assault Rifle, Throwing Cards (Count as Shuriken), Light Pistol, Knife, Cell Phone
Combat: Attack+7, Ranged+10, Damage+5, Assault Rifle+5, Playing Cards+1, Pistol+3, Defense 20/12 when flat-footed, Initiative+5, Knockback-4/-2 Flatfooted
Saves: Toughness+9/+4 while flatfooted, Fort+4, Ref+6, Will+2
Drawbacks: Power Loss (Immunity [Interaction skills, when Fighting Batman])-1 pp
Abilities 31 + Skills 22 + Feats 34 + Powers 52 + Combat 22 + Saves 3 – Drawbacks 1 = 165
Notes: Warning, the preceding build contains spoilers. Oops. Oh well, it's not a terrible spoiler to include the Joker in a Batman story, is it? Regardless, he won't be in this chapter or the next. Anyway, this Joker is strong, quick and tough, kind of blending the elements of his incarnations in the comics. "Batsy" will still hand him beatings a-plenty up close, though. However, that hammer could give the Bat some concerns and his "BANG!" gun is my favorite weapon ever. I gave him Immunity to Interaction skills because he's so deranged that he can't even fully comprehend when people are trying to trick him or bargain with him. However, his utter hatred of Batman cancels that out for him, so the Bat can still feint him and scare him as much as he wants. Hope he works out like I think he will...
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:02 pm

AmericanYeti wrote:Túrin Turambar
An awesome character! But if you want to make a sword that can cut through the hardest armor on middle earth. You are going to need a Penetrating Extra with at least 6 ranks in it (plate mail is rank 6 protection). Right now your sword penetrates with 4 ranks. But personally id go with 8 ranks of Penetrating.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks again, but when I said cut through the hardest armor, I mean ignore the Impenetrable on a dragon's scales, which I figure are about Impervious 4. Or am I wrong in my knowledge of Penetrating/Impervious?

JoshuaDunlow
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by JoshuaDunlow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:29 pm

AmericanYeti wrote:Thanks again, but when I said cut through the hardest armor, I mean ignore the Impenetrable on a dragon's scales, which I figure are about Impervious 4. Or am I wrong in my knowledge of Penetrating/Impervious?
True that probably be about right, 4 is pretty strong for dragon scales.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Wolverine (On the Avengers)
“I smell fear..."
Real Name James Howlett Identity: Secret Occupation: Adventurer Citizenship: Canada, Criminal Record Place of Birth: Private Estate in British Columbia Base of Operations: Xavier Mansion
PL 11
Str 14 [24], Dex 20 Con 20 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 8
Skills: Acrobatics+14 (+19), Bluff+4 (+3), Climb+4 (+9), Concentration+6 (+7), Handle Animal+8 (+10), Intimidate+10 (+9), Knowledge (Current Events)+4 (+6), Knowledge (History)+5 (+7), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+8), Notice+8 (+9), Profession (Soldier)+4 (+6), Sense Motive+5 (+7), Stealth+5 (+10), Survival+8 (+10)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attack Focus (Melee) 5, Attack Specialization (Claws), Dodge Focus 4, Elusive Target, Improved Critical (Strike) 2, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Rage 2, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Tough 6; Diehard, Rage 2,
Powers:
Active Container 2 (Claws, Drawbacks: Side-effect [1 Injured condition upon activation]) (9 pp)
· Strike 3 (Drawback: Only Lethal Damage Extras: Autofire Power Feats: Mighty, Penetrating 4)
“Adamantium Skeleton” Density 1 (+2 strength Flaws: Permanent, Power Feats: Innate) (3 pp)
Enhanced Feats 3 (3 pp)
Enhanced Strength 6
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) (3 pp)
“Healing Factor” Regeneration 19 (Recovery Bonus 5, Bruised 3, Injured 6, Power Feat: Persistent) (15 pp)
Super Senses 13 (Hearing: Extended 2; Smell: Accurate, Acute, Extended 3, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge; Sight: Darkvision, Extended 2) (13 pp)
Super Strength 1 (Heavy Load: 935 lbs, 2 pp)
Combat: Attack+7, Melee+12, Claws Attack+14, Claws+8, Defense 21/13 while flatfooted, Knockback-5, Initiative+9
Saves: Toughness+11, Fort+11, Reflex+13, Will+7
Tradeoffs: +1 Attack/-1 Damage
Complications Enemy (Sabertooth), Rivalry (Cyclops), Obsession (Past), Temper
Drawbacks: Vulnerable (Magnetism, Major, Common, -4 pp)
Starting Hero Points: 3
Abilities 30 + Skills 22 + Feats 27 + Powers 46 + Combat 26 + Saves 16 – Drawbacks 4 = Total 165
Notes: Here's Wolverine. Contrary to what he would have you believe, he's not even close to the best at what he does, especially if you mash DC and Marvel. The entire Bat Family can do everything he can and better, except for that whole healing factor bit. Without that, Wolverine's an above average brawler with claws. Actually, he has a mean sense of smell, too, so he's not easy to sneak up on. If you can get the drop on him, though, it's a good idea to floor him asap or he will turn on you and he will take it personally. Also, it's worth pointing out that Wolverine will be the only member of the X-men who won't have teamwork.

Wolverine (X-men Version)
“I smell fear..."
Real Name James Howlett Identity: Secret Occupation: Adventurer Citizenship: Canada, Criminal Record Place of Birth: Private Estate in British Columbia Base of Operations: Xavier Mansion
PL 10
Str 14 [22], Dex 20 Con 20 Int 14 Wis 14 Cha 8
Skills: Acrobatics+6 (+11), Bluff+4 (+3), Climb+4 (+9), Concentration+6 (+7), Handle Animal+8 (+10), Intimidate+10 (+9), Knowledge (Current Events)+4 (+6), Knowledge (History)+5 (+7), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+8), Notice+8 (+9), Profession (Soldier)+4 (+6), Sense Motive+5 (+7), Stealth+5 (+10), Survival+8 (+10)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Assessment, Attack Specialization (Claws) 3, Dodge Focus 7, Elusive Target, Improved Critical (Strike) 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Rage 2, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Tough 4; Diehard, Rage 2,
Powers:
Active Container 2 (Claws, Drawbacks: Only Lethal Damage, Side-effect [1 Injured condition upon activation]) (8 pp)
· Strike 1 (Extras: Autofire Power Feats: Improved Critical 2, Mighty, Penetrating 4)
“Adamantium Skeleton” Density 1 (+2 strength Flaws: Permanent, Power Feats: Innate) (3 pp)
Enhanced Feats 3 (3 pp)
Enhanced Strength 6 (6 pp)
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) (3 pp)
“Healing Factor” Regeneration 15 (Recovery Bonus 4, Bruised 3, Injured 6, Power Feat; Persistent) (16 pp)
Speed 1 (1 pp)
Super Senses 13 (Hearing: Extended 2; Smell: Accurate, Acute, Extended 3, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge; Sight: Darkvision, Extended 2) (13 pp)
Super Strength 1 (Heavy Load: 935 lbs, 2 pp)
Combat: Attack+7, Claws Attack+13, Claws+7, Defense 21/12 while flatfooted, Knockback-5, Initiative+9
Saves: Toughness+9, Fort+11, Reflex+10, Will+7
Tradeoffs: +1 Attack/-1 Damage
Complications Enemy (Sabertooth), Rivalry (Cyclops), Obsession (Past), Temper
Drawbacks: Vulnerable (Magnetism, Major, Common, -4 pp)
Starting Hero Points: 1
Abilities 30 + Skills 20 + Feats 20 + Powers 47 + Combat 20 + Saves 10 – Drawbacks 4 = Total 150

For the X-men version, I shaved Wolverine down 20 points and a PL level, because if you ask me, the X-men are all reliant on one another, so they're all going to be 8, 9, 10 PL and probably under 165 points except for Jean. This
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Nightcrawler
”Auf Wiedersehen, mein freund <BAMF>!”
Real Name: Kurt Wagner Identity: Secret Occupation: Acrobat, Adventurer Citizenship: Germany, Resident Alien of U.S.A, Criminal Record in Germany Place of Birth: Bavaria, Germany Base of Operations: Xavier Mansion
PL 9
Str 12, Dex 30 Con 10 Int 13 Wis 15 Cha 15
Skills: Acrobatics+18 (+28, Acrobatic Bluff), Bluff+2 (+4), Concentration+2 (+4), Disguise+4 (+6), Escape Artist+5 (+15), Knowledge (Religion and Theology)+7 (+8), Knowledge (Streetwise)+6 (+7), Medicine+4 (+6), Notice+4 (+6), Sleight of Hand+2 (+12), Stealth+6 (+16)
Feats: Accurate Attack, Acrobatic Bluff, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (Melee) 7, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 12, Endurance, Equipment, Evasion, Fascinate (Acrobatics), Luck, Move-by Action, Prone Fighting, Sneak Attack 2, Takedown Attack 2, Taunt, Teamwork; Improved Grapple
Powers:
Additional Limbs 1 (Prehensile Tail) (1 pp)
Super Movement 3 (Sure Footed, Wall Crawling 2) (6 pp)
Super Senses 2 (Infravision, Lowlight Vision) (2 pp)
Teleport 4 (Power Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Progression 2 [500 lbs], Turnabout) (14 pp) Linked to Nauseate 6 (Flaws: Limited [Grappled Targets], Sicken) (2 pp)
Equipment: Sword
Combat: Attack+5, Melee+12, Damage+1, Sword+4, Defense 24/11 when Flatfooted, Knockback-2, Initiative+10
Saves: Toughness+4/+0 flatfooted, Fort+4, Ref+10, Will+6
Tradeoffs: +3 Attack/-3 Damage, +5 Defense/-5 Toughness
Complications: Noticeable, Prejudice (Mutant)
Abilities 35 + Skills 15 + Feats 38 + Powers 25 + Combat 14 + Saves 8 = Total 135
Notes: Here's everybody's favorite demonic, faux-German slinging swashbuckler! Another one of the X-men, Kurt can fight equally well with his hands or a sword and he is an acrobat without compare. Forget Spider-man or Captain America, Kurt is where it's at. As agile as the webslinger with the training of Cap, Kurt is unmatchable there. As a result of his circus training, I gave Nightcrawler Fascinate (Acrobatics) because he can captivate an audience.

P.S. I never, ever advise forgetting Spidey or the Cap. That was simply for effect.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

AmericanYeti
Daredevil
Daredevil

Post by AmericanYeti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:46 pm

His Royal Airness
Real Name Michael Jordan Identity: Public Occupation: Basketball Player Citizenship: U.S.A., No Criminal Record Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York (Raised North Carolina) Base of Operations: Chicago, Illinois
PL 5
Str 16, Dex 15 Con 16 Int 13 Wis 10 Cha 18
Skills: Acrobatics+10 (+12), Bluff+5 (+9), Concentration+8 (+8), Diplomacy+4 (+8), Intimidate+4 (+8), Knowledge (Business)+5 (+6), Knowledge (Current Events)+4 (+5), Knowledge (Streetwise)+4 (+5), Profession (Basketball Player)+10 (+10), Sense Motive+6 (+6)
Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Fame), Benefit (Wealthy), Contacts, Endurance, Fascinate (Acrobatics), Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Pin, Inspire 2, Interpose, Luck, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Second Chance (Acrobatics), Seize Initiative, Sidekick 15 (Scotty Pippin), Set-up, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Bluff, Concentration, Profession [Basketball Player]), Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Acrobatics
Combat: Attack+5, Damage+3, Defense 17/13 while flatfooted, Initiative+2, Knockback-1
Saves: Toughness+3, Fort+6, Ref+4, Will+5
Tradeoffs +2 Defense/-2 Toughness
Complications: Fame
Abilities 27 + Skills 15 + Feats 39 + Combat 24 + Saves 10 = Total 105
Notes: Presenting, his royal majesty, Air Jordan himself. I thought that I'd get my "Real-Life Legends" section started off with a bang, and here he is. Easily capable of a 19 foot monster jump from the line to deliver that incredible jam with his tongue hanging out the entire time, MJ is the best ever. Acrobatic Bluff covers his dribbling and that nasty fadeaway he had while Power Attack and All-out Attack cover the jam. I gave him Improved Grab and Improved Pin because I figured that good defense is similar to a good grapple, and in an effects-based system they are. I have Profession (Basketball Player) to measure shooting, because if it covered everything it would be broken. A hoop is tiny sized for an 18 defense point blank. He can nail that at any time without difficulty unless there's somebody in his face, in which case he'll feint them and fadeaway. However, I give a basket ball a five foot range increment, so at a three (four range increments away) he's at slightly better than 40% to hit and he needs to roll.

Fun Fact: With Ultimate Acrobatics, he can hit a 30 foot jump, which is 7.73 inches farther than the current long jump record.
Last edited by AmericanYeti on Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.