Alienmastermind's Citadel of Rendering...*Wave Zero*

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Alienmastermind's Citadel of Rendering...*Wave Zero*

Postby alienmastermind » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:52 pm

(So THAT's what that smell is.)

Soon...I will link to stuff I've done. Namely, my avatar to the left there...and something I like to call 'Oh Crap! Where are my Villain Points?!'

Sometime this evening...

AM
Last edited by alienmastermind on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 am, edited 22 times in total.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:18 am

We await further developments with interest! :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Another Sketch...I like to call this one: HEY! MY JEEP!

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:19 am

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 am

From the City of Freedom: The Protector of the Night...RAVEN!
Last edited by alienmastermind on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:22 am

The Protector of the Skies over Freedom City, and arch enemy to the Evil Dr. Stratos....

CAPTAIN THUNDER!!

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:27 am

The Superstar Stuntwoman of the 24th Century...You know her...You LOVE her...CRUCIAL!!

Yeah, I know you don't really know her...Sorry...Let me just deactivate the hyperbole mantle here...Ahh, that's better.

That's my avatar, btw.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am

And here's the current project I'm working on...Working on adding effects and colors and such...

This is the nightmare scenario of Orion versus the lovely Lady Liberty, as he leaps from a Freedom City skyrise, realizing he doesn't have any Villain Points to use in giving himself a parachute...whoops!

I think the caption says it all...This is by no means the finalized pic, there will be rudimentary colors and effects and such...:)

AM

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:28 am

The Harlequin; Freedom City's maniacal murderous vigilante; gifted with superhuman strength, and a healing factor Harlequin wages a bloody war against the many crime families stalking the underworld of Freedom City.

Lone Star
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Lone Star » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:25 pm

Two words: Absolutely freaking awesome. Or abso-freaking-lutely awesome if you want to be exact. Your art style is great, I'm gonna check out your digital art tutorial in a second. I'm sure I can take a lot from it.
"It's alright to be afraid, David, because this part won't be like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it."

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:31 pm

Wow...just wow. Great stuff, alienmastermind. You get 2000 cookies.
"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why" Slaughterhouse-Five

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:27 am

Hey, thanks!

Thanks very much for the kind words about me scribbles. Well, it may interest you guys to know that I've managed to score a gig with AdamantEntertainment doing some artwork for their upcoming villains book. I'll be putting up the colored version of 'Villain Points' sometime this week, as well as the preliminary sketches and such for that pic...

But, I'm telling you guys now that my art is like sausages: You don't really want to know how either one was made.

It's not glamorous is all..However, I think you might be interested in seeing the initial sketch work I do...

Also, I don't have any Digital Tutorials...I linked to Silverback's and to Tony Cliff's...who's got it DOWN when it comes to Photoshop.

The materials I use: .05mm mechanical pencil (HB or a little softer lead)...I use Microns myself, but only because I haven't purchased another Speedballer because I've been saving up for my upcoming wedding. But I'm going to get myself a brush pen...of the type that DMAC uses for his stuff..

To create the lines I use, for bolder lines I use a .05mm Micron (Sakura) and for the fine lines I use a .01 Micron. Scan it in, and then clean it up using some of the digital techniques I've found around the web.

I might do a step by step thing later on...

Glad you liked the work! Thanks a million. (Cookies)

AM

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:20 am

You really are a Mastermind - Or at the very least a Master Artist! :wink:

I would love to see more Freedom City pictures. Please? :D
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:24 am

For my next trick...

Uh...I'm not doing another Freedom City pic for a bit...currently working on some material for the Villain book. However, I may post a sketchie or two later on of some stuff. I can't post the stuff I'm currently submitting until all the legal stuff is finished..

It's gonna be good! ;)

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:08 am

Ok, I have sent this in on spec...But if they use it, I won't be able to let you guys have the image or anything..but here's what I've been up to since Saturday...And apparently, the above post means I'm a stinky liar, because the next piece I did was a quick one for Libra...a moment from the video files of the Freedom City archives....something that you didn't get to see in the Sourcebook...But for now...BEHOLD!! The power of the Serpent Sphinx!!

Serpent Sphinx is my own creation...and Singularus is my old character from City of Heroes...I got too busy to play anymore, but apparently, he's been captured by the Serpent Sphinx, being tortured and the like.

alienmastermind
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby alienmastermind » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:20 am

Here's another villian pic...an old sketch from a while back...A scum named Wesker...

And Wesker's arch-enemy Mr. Silver...

Later, I began learning my own style, rather than picking and choosing from comics I liked...though now I tend to lean towards Doc Hammer and Ed McGuinness.

Here's a sketch of Crucial without her helmet...There was to be a vectored motorcycle done by a friend of mine...but alas, he never got round to it.

And here's one of my players' group from an old Aberrant game from like 1998 or 9...

Finally, my Cleric from a 2nd Edition game we played for a long time.

Return to “Drawing Board”