Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: Jab's Builds: Hermes, Apollo, Artemis, Cerberus, Pluto

Postby Ares » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm

There was actually another series called Mythic Warriors Guardians of the Legend, that was an animated version of the old Greek Myths done for Saturday morning television. They needed to soften the myths A LOT in certain cases, but were remarkably true to the spirit of the mythology. In there, Hades is portrayed a genuinely nice guy who is dedicated to his work, but just laments that since he lives in the frickin Underworld, no woman would have him. The show downplayed the abduction issue by having Hades talk to Persephone first and convince her to come down and marry him before riding off with her. Hades got pretty stellar treatment there, coming off far better than Zeus did.

Going back to the myths, I want to say some myths had Hades get shot by Eros at the urgings of Aphrodite, so even in that regard you can excuse his behavior.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

i remember that series...

"Zeus, I think you should pay more attention to Perseus..."

"AGAIN? I just saw him last week."

"Last decade. Mortal, remember?"

"Oooooh, right, lifespan of mayflies....crap, gotta get him something good."

"well he is going after Medusa..."

"fine, fine, lessee here. magic sword, sheild, Hermes' old flying shoes...Hades, you need this hat?"

"yes."

"Perfect. yoink!"
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Skavenger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Skavenger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Looking at Cerberus' build, I found myself pulling out the X-Factor trade where Rahne gives birth to hers and Hrimhari's child. Pretty much every single cat or dog-themed mythological creature came out of the woodwork to "claim" the child for their side. I see Cerberus, the Cu Sith, Bastet, Okami, Kasha, the Fenris Wolf, and others showing up, and it's interesting to see how they rank in "power." The Cu Sith, Bastet, Okami, and Kasha are all dropped/chased off at one point by "Werewolf By Night" Jack Russel (when did he become such a badass?), while Cerberus is able to hold his own against M, Strong Guy, and Shatterstar. The only other godly figure who even gives Cerberus a hard time is the Fenris Wolf (who, granted, seems to terrify the living spit out of Cerberus, but if you were already a giant monster and another giant monster could run past and pick you up in its mouth, you'd be scared, too).

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Yeah, I used that info from the Unofficial Handbook helper site to better base Cerberus- he seemed PL 10-ish in the "Avengers" trade (getting one-punched), but since he lost to Namor & She-Hulk, it's not like he was just turfed by losers. He seems more than capable enough to beat a hero solo, and usually requires teamwork to take out. It has the odd effect of making Cerberus more powerful than Dionysus, but he gets the short shrift in Marvel, it seems.

Also, Mythic Warriors is new to me- it reminds me of that one show "Class of the Titans", which used the Gods as a bunch of teachers to a gang of heroes reborn as high school students in modern times. I found that one REALLY disappointing given the subject matter, as they just didn't seem to go anywhere with the myths, and it was rather dull altogether. Plus they had the almighty Big Gun of villainous Big Bads in Cronos reborn, and used him as a generic background manipulator/Satan villain. Then again, Marvel's Cronus is just a big fat giant guy with a stone scythe. The dude should be so hardcore that even ZEUS won't take him on solo.

"The Incredible Hercules" read-through:
Here's a bit of a running commentary on all the "Incredible Hercules" stuff (since people liked that when I watched "JLU", and they're build-centric).

-We start with Herc & Cho in SHIELD custody, dealing with Ares (who's an Avenger) being an ass. World War Hulk has just happened, and they took The Hulk's side in some Trade I never read. There's some funny bits once all the fighting starts, as Ares keeps using excessive force trying to kill Herc, and he gets his ass kicked as a result. Cho acts like a general Mary Sue, nearly wiping out SHIELD (in revenge for Black Widow breaking his Coyote puppy's back), but he's convinced not to by Herc, who explains an old story about how he murdered his wife & children of his own accord during a battle rage, not because of Hera's machinations.

-Power Levels established: Wonder Man goes down like a puss again, but Ares got the jump on him. Ares is generally lower than Herc, too. This trade's a little weaker than the other, partially due to uglier art. Not as many hot chicks as you'd expect from a "Herc" book. It's still pretty funny, though.

"The God Squad"
-It's Herc & Cho as Athena's Champions, up against the Skrull Gods. The gang they assemble is pretty fun (Amatsu-Mikaboshi the Shapeshifting God of Evil, Ajak the Eternal, The Demogorge fated to eat all the Gods, Snowbird of Alpha Flight), though Ajak & Demogorge are rather boring. They fight Nightmare, then go off to kick God ass. I'm REALLY not a fan of Snowbird just going "oh yeah by the way I can turn into a GIANT world-killing Great Beast as part of my powers", especially since she got right out of it, no worse for wear. The God Fight was good enough, though it's kind of weird how a single pair of Skrull Gods just happened to be good enough to wipe out the Earth Gods until the very end- the God Squad is losing BADLY (despite Herc & Klyb'n being evenly-matched) and Demogorge is beaten easily thanks to Sl'gurt being made up of many slave gods.

-Altogether it was still really well done, though. Some funny moments ("how can you be 3,000 years old and know nothing about women?" "PRACTICE!"), cool fighting, etc. It keeps the best "Epic Feel" the series has ever gotten, too.

-The next trade is a big step up, featuring Herc & Cho teaming up with Namora (this was during that year when Marvel was pushing "The Agents of Atlas" like NUTS, shoving them into every other book to sell their big idea... it never worked out), then Namor, to fight Artume and her Amazons. The whole thing is an elaborate parody of Wonder Woman (Artume is made from clay to bring forward peace & truth), but twisted so that Artume is evil and murders Hippolyta.

-The art on this arc is FANTASTIC, thanks to Clayton Henry. It's most notable for Delphyne "Good GOD!" Gorgon, proving that Medusa chicks can always be made hot, as she taunts Cho (in the hilarious "I AM NOT HIS EROMONOUS!" scene, where the Amazons all assume he's Herc's butt-buddy), then casually decides she's attracted to him and they make out.

-Power levels are hard to determine here. Except for ONE SCENE where Artume claims their "Olympian Physiologies" prevent the depths from killing them, there isn't a shred of evidence that any Amazon is super-human in any way. Hell, most of them go down to simple weapons (Delphyne to a crossbow bolt, Hippolyta- supposedly a Class 100 being according to Marvel Handbooks- to a GUN), and none of them can even scratch Hercules with their weapons. Later on, Delphyne would draw blood from ATHENA with a sneaking kick, but in another scene, she's grappling with Bullseye and he's not about to rip his head off or anything.

-I'm noticing some favoured Pak/Van Lente dialogue- someone making a joke and another character going "Ha." with a smile. Various characters go "Tch." when someone is sarcastic to them. It's a little quirk- not quite up to Claremont's multitude of catchphrases or nothing, though.

-The whole "Fantasy Reality" thing is a bit interesting, but kinda standard "What If" stuff where women rule the world and most heroes are loyal to President Artume- Delphyne chops Artume's head off, and we're done with our One Arc Villain. A great moment at the end, featuring Herc & Cho moping about women while Athena lectures them on the perils of "Eros" and why they should be all virginal like her. The guys just have a nice "bro" moment ("Pizza?" "Sure.") while Athena just sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Dark Reign"
-We finally get into what Hera's up to in our "Grand Arc", and she leads The Olympus Group against Hercules & Athena. There's some fun backstory by the GREAT Rodney Buchemi, who is a REALLY underrated artist- his women are SCORCHINGLY HOT in a flawless sense- they barely have to show any skin to be attractive (though it helps in many scenes). Hera is a MILF Supreme, Athena is a tall, built Goddess, Hebe is girlishly hot, etc. To say nothing of Delphyne Gorgon. There's a nice bit where young Herc has to deal with the death of his mortal father, changing him forever. Most of this trade is by a weaker artist, though.

-Hera's group fights the Dark Avengers in an Event Crossover, while Herc, Athena & Cho escape to bring Zeus back from Pluto's Tartarus. Hera's group is a BIG-TIME assortment, including Typhon, Pluto, Delphyne Gorgon & the loser-y Huntsman.

-Ares gets a great line: "You have me confused with my hated SISTER, who lays with GIRLISH things like strategy and TACTICS." Herc trumps him later when he fights the Shade of his mortal form (who still talks in the old Lee/Kirby faux-Shakespeare), and starts SCREAMING about it- "We are from Ancient Greece! Three THOUSAND years before Shakespeare! IT MAKES... NO... SENSE!!!"

-There's some neat stuff in the Underworld, as Hercules defends Zeus against Pluto's Kangaroo Court, which is rather touching, especially since Zeus is being defended, despite STILL treating Herc like crap. Amadeus talks to his dead parents (and Ben Parker), realizing that *gasp* his sister is still alive! Except I don't think they ever really capped-off on that storyline, as it kinda got dropped later on.

Skavenger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Skavenger » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 pm

-I'm noticing some favoured Pak/Van Lente dialogue- someone making a joke and another character going "Ha." with a smile. Various characters go "Tch." when someone is sarcastic to them. It's a little quirk- not quite up to Claremont's multitude of catchphrases or nothing, though.

...I never noticed that. But to be fair, it took me a while to realize when I read David Eddings that his fallback phrase whenever someone teased someone else was "Be nice."

Delphyne "Good GOD!" Gorgon, proving that Medusa chicks can always be made hot

...now I'm picturing Delphyne fighting Rider from Fate Stay/Night.

Also, in regards to Cho's sister, to paraphrase Snoop, "When a plot's getting interesting, drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot."

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 pm

This picture makes it remarkably easy to guess his approximate height- but I am too lazy. He's taller than 550 feet, in any case.

ATLAS
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Journey Into Mystery #124 (Jan. 1966)
Role: One-Fifth of Captain Marvel's Powers, Big Dumb Guy, The Giant, Titan General
Group Affiliations: The Titans
PL 13 (172)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Titan General) 8 (+8)
Expertise (History) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 7 (+17 Size)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Immortal Titan"
Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
Immunity 10 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst, Heat, Cold, Disease, Fatigue Effects) [10]
Immunity 2 (Drowning & Suffocation, Poison, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Growth 20 (Str & Sta +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [41]

"More Than 550 Feet Tall" Elongation 2 [2]
Power Lifting 3 (100,000 tons) [3]
Impervious Toughness 19 [19]
Leaping 4 (120 feet) [4]
Speed 4 (120 mph) [4]

"Giant Fists & Feet" Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (26) -- [27]
    AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 13 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 13 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (17)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+19 Damage, DC 34)
Giant Fists & Feet +13 Area (+13 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +18, Fortitude +18, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Titans)- The son of Iapetus & Clymene, Atlas is the mightiest of the Titans, and served as their general during the Titanomachy, or War of the Titans.
Responsibility (The Axis Mundi)- Losing the war, Atlas was sentenced as the enemy leader to forever holding up the Heavens, preventing them from touching the Earth (thus, the Sky & Earth could no longer produce beings such as he). The Axis shifts itself every time a new world power emerges, going from Greece to Rome to Mongolia (presumably) to Washington, with a few stops in between.

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 115 / Defenses: 31 (172)

-Atlas shows up in one arc of "The Incredible Hercules", being freed from servitude by Artume to fend off Hercules & Namora, which he does fairly adequately... until Namora flies straight up and nails him square in the balls. Herc demands Namora marry him instantly, as he's "finally found a woman who fights as dirty as *I* do!" Atlas isn't given much grandeur in this story, despite his role of Holding up the Heavens for an eternity- he's shown as being dumb as hell (even HERCULES outsmarted him- and Herc is willing to point this out, even joking to Namora that her team is named after the only guy in the world dumb enough to fall for a trick of his), takes a shot to his giant, stinky nuts (Namora confirms the description- but really, he ain't had time to scrub down there), and he's soon put back in his place once the heroes win the day.

-Atlas is a GIGANTIC individual, and stronger than either Hercules or Thor, fitting true "Kaiju" stats like a Godzilla enemy would, though at PL 13 levels- enough to fend off Herc for a good long while, and probably win (with a +19 impact punch, almost any hero would falter). He does Area Attacks because of his sheer size, can't be Tired (though this fits a lot of Olympians/Titans, so it ain't so special- Billy Batson gains the same powers as Captain Marvel, and probably gains the durability as well), and good luck making him fail a Fortitude Save. He's easy-peasy to hit, though (kinda hard to miss such a giant target- he only has ANY ranks in Defenses for the chance of glancing blows and the difficulty of reaching a "sweet spot"). And yes, his Growth means his "base" stats are in the negatives, but really, he's ALWAYS big and I don't feel like typing out the whole "Ranks in Growth do not affect overal STR & STA increases" in partial Ranks or anything- dude's just big as hell.

Godly Offspring:
With Pleione or Aethra- The Pleiades & Hyades (Nymphs), Hyas
With Unknown: Calypso (Nymph who entrapped Oddysseus for years)- according to Homeric Myth (other sources mention other parents)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRICK!!

DELPHYNE GORGON
Created By:
Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente & Clayton Henry
First Appearance: The Incredible Hercules #121 (Sept. 2008)
Role: Hot Monster Girl, The Villainess-Girlfriend
Group Affiliations: The Amazons, The Olympian Pantheon
PL 10 (148)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 4 (+9)
Deception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Amazon Warrior) 5 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+9)
Insight 3 (+5)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Defensive Strike, Diehard, Great Endurance, Equipment 5, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Sword), Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Seize Initiative, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gorgon Physiology"
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Blinding Bite" Dazzle Visuals 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Grab-Based) (Drawbacks: Inaccurate) (15) -- [16]
    AE: "Snake-Hair" "Poison" Weaken Stamina 4 (Extras: Progressive +2) (12)
Extra Limbs 2 [2]

Equipment:
"Big-Ass Rifle- Automatic Setting" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (20) -- (22)
    AE: "Single Shot" Blast 6 (12)
    AE: "Sword" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sword +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Gorgon Poison +11 (+4 Weaken, DC 14)
Blinding Poison +9 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Rifle Shot +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Automatic Rifle +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Amadeus Cho)- Delphyne has a soft spot for "children and stupid animals", and was quickly attracted to the young Mathematician. However, they cannot be together thanks to...
Responsibility (Amazons)- Delphyne must follow the code of the Amazons- she is loyal to the Olympian Pantheon, and cannot lay with a man without killing him afterwards.
Enemy (Athena Parthenos)- Athena cursed the Gorgon bloodline to be forever tainted (ie. snake-like) after Medusa banged Poseidon on the Virgin Goddess' very altar. Delphyne hates her for this, on behalf of her and all her sisters.
Prejudice (Snake-like)- With green, reptilian features and snakes for hair, Delphyne cannot pass for an ordinary human.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 15 (148)

-Delphyne Gorgon's one of those great new characters that just takes a title by storm- she debuted as a mere "henchman with good leanings" of Artume the Evil Bitch Amazon, helping out Amadeus (after crushing on his Mary Sue-ness pretty quickly), standing out from the other Amazons because... well, she's a stone-cold green hottie with a tiny nose, Catholic schoolgirl skirt, and snakes for hair. Odd how that nearly always translates into Uber-Babe. So she betrays Artume (after getting betrayed first, I guess), kills her, then becomes the Amazon Queen. Which of course makes her unable to mate with Cho, or else she'll have to kill him by their custom (D'oh!). She's still in the series, hating on Athena (who cursed her Gorgon race), crushing on Cho (and vice-versa), and getting up to all kinds of hijinks. One of the better 'new' comic book creations to come out.

-Delphyne's fairly unique, being a good Martial Artist-type with some good armaments (and a lot of Minions, ideally), in addition to having some Medusa-like powers. She can't Petrify people, but her snakes are highly poisonous (with their poison blinding Herc for a good while- a Touch Dazzle effect that lasts for several turns), which is what makes her a PL 9 in every category but the very limited (Grapples exclusively) Blinding Poison. She's no major match for Herc or Athena in hand-to-hand by any means (she can't even HURT Hercules), unless she has some sort of Plot Device on her (which happens alot in Greek-themed stories), but she's a pretty good fighter with some good options in combat.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Jab's Builds: Cerberus, Pluto, Atlas, Delphyne Gorgon

Postby Mike5000us » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:18 pm

O WOW!!!!!!!! Gods, Gods, Gods, and even a Titan (who happens to be more powerful that your giant builds :D)!!!! Hmmm now I am curious how your going to stat up Aphrodite, and Hera up.
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Cerberus, Pluto, Atlas, Delphyne Gorgon

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:31 pm

DEMETER
Created By:
Stan Lee & John Buscema
First Appearance: The Avengers #50 (March 1968)
Role: The Greco-Roman Goddess of Agriculture, Law & Order and The Afterlife
Group Affiliations: The Olympian Pantheon
PL 12 (293)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+7)
Athletics 2 (+12)
Deception 5 (+9)
Expertise (Goddess of The Harvest & Law) 15 (+19)
Expertise (History) 6 (+10)
Expertise (Magic) 10 (+14)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Attack (Plants) 4 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Artificer, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Status- God), Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Plants), Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Ultimate Harvest Goddess

Powers:
"Immortal God"
Regeneration 4 (Feats: Regrowth) [5]
Immunity 10 (Aging, Starvation & Thirst, Heat, Cold, Disease, Fatigue Effects) [10]
Immunity 2 (Drowning & Suffocation, Poison, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Goddess of The Harvest"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Plant Matter) [2]
"Long Winter" Weaken Stamina 2 (Extras: Area- 500 mile Burst +18, Continuous +3) (Flaws: Limited to Plants) [40]
Comprehend Plants 2 [4]
"Leaf Shield" Force Field 2 (Extras: Affects Others 10) [12]

"Vine Snare" Snare 12 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Touch Range) (49) -- [63]
    AE: "Vine Snare" Snare 14 (Feats: Reversible) (42)
    AE: "Tree Attack" Blast 12 (Feats: Accurate) (25)
    AE: "Tree Storm" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (24)
    AE: "Tree Strike" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (24)
    AE: "Leaf Storm" Dazzle Visuals 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (36)
    AE: "Tree Growth" Growth 10 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Trees) (10)
    AE: "Summon Insect Swarm With Plant Pheromones" Summon 2 (4)
    AE: "Nauseating Pollen" Affliction 12 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: 30ft. Cloud +2) (36)
    AE: "Poisonous Leaves" Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Progressive +2) (24)
    AE: "Poison Ivy" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Ranged) (48)
    AE: "Vine Barrage" Environment 4 (250 feet) (Impede Movement 2) (8)
    AE: "Multiple Vine Stabs" Blast 12 (Extras: Multiattack) (36)
    AE: "Vines Tear the Earth" Affliction 12 (Dodge; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (12)
    AE: "Plant Control" Move Object 12 (Extras: Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Plants) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Vine Snare +10 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Area Snare, Leaf Storm, Pollen & Poison Ivy +12 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Tree Attack +12 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Tree Area Attacks +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +10 (+12 Leaf Shield), Fortitude +12, Will +9

Complications:
Responsibility (Olympian Pantheon)- Demeter is loyal to Zeus.
Relationship (Daughter, Persephone)- Demeter's motherly love for Persephone is so great that she nearly doomed all of Greece to starvation in mourning for the girl when she disappeared.

Total:
Abilities: 90 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 142 / Defenses: 17 (293)

-Despite being a sister of Zeus and an all-important Goddess to Agrarian Humanity (being the Goddess responsible for everyone not starving to death), Demeter is really only known to most people for the myth of Hades & Persephone- but it's a biggie. Demeter represents nearly all mothers who've lost daughters (to marriage, usually), as well as all the plants of the world, save the grape (Dionysus the drunk), the olive (Athena gave it to Athens to ensure they'd name their city after her) and the pomegranate (I'm assuming Hades).

-Marvel's Demeter is basically a non-entity, having a few tiny background appearances while she stands around as others act out- her & Hestia sat idly by while Athena & Apollo fought over leadership of the Pantheon following the deaths of Zeus & Hera, and I don't even know if she's ever used her powers. In any case, I felt like statting a God-level PL 12 Plant Controller, using a swack of powers I'd never use otherwise :). Therefore, here's Demeter as an all-powerful Plant Controller who has a ton of Powers to choose from- Tree Growth, Tree Attacks, Snares, Nausea, Poison Ivy (they itch to distraction), Dazzles, etc. She also has the power to wipe out all plant life for hundreds of miles, which is REALLY scary when you think about it, but not a really dangerous power in battle for the most part (even if you're a Plant Man, it's got 2 ranks).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Pluto, Atlas, Delphyne Gorgon, Demeter

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Jab's Calgary Comic Expo Adventure, Day One:

Just spent the whole day in Calgary on very little sleep, going to the Zoo (good, despite being cold as hell) and the Comic Expo for about four hours. I'll be back tomorrow, but I wanted to observe what was going on and figure out where stuff was.

I was a lot more chatty with the people there this time around (last time, I only really talked to Gail Simone & Jeph Jacques). I had a nerdgasm over Dan Parent at first, going on about being a big Archie fan, but I recovered enough to talk about my big collection of Digests. There was a constant stream of girls coming by his booth to talk to him, which is funny because the Archie fandoms I visit are full of dudes.

I talked to Larry Hama a bit about his "G.I. Joe" run and how awesome Stalker was, but he was busy drawing stuff and talking to somebody else, so he was a bit more curt in his reply. Which is fine.

FINALLY frickin' found the issue of New Mutants where they fight the Hellions for the first time! That's been bugging me for YEARS! Also bought 30 freaking issues of "Who's Who" and "Marvel Handbook" stuff for 30 bucks, so my Jobber Knowledge will be advanced should I ever have 200 straight hours of free time.

Jeph Jacques of "Questionable Content" was there again, and we chatted about the upcoming QC stuff and his recent "adventure in space" arc which was pretty interesting reading.

Got my picture taken with Jake "The Snake" Roberts, who seems to have fun playing up the grouchy old man act, screaming "WHAT?" at every fan who gets close and ripping on everyone with wrestling promos. When I told him I hated him back in the day for getting his cobra to bite the Macho Man, he was all "Ah, you're a Macho BITCH!" and told me not to grab his ass in the picture (I said he'd just ruined my day). He ended up flipping off the camera anyways- wacky guy.

Also got Virgil's autograph, which is great because Virgil RULED, despite being a Job Guy for the most part. Dude charges a fair bit for pictures, too (which I've heard in the past- 25 bucks), but I was a fan so what the hell. I'll get Ted DiBiase's tomorrow. Wrestlers are FRIGGIN' HUGE, by the way, as even Jake was easily six inches taller than me (I'm 5'10"), and he never looked that huge on TV- Virgil looks almost identical to himself from 10-15 years ago, and he's still built as hell. Freaky stuff.

I met Dale Eaglesham, and was able to avoid raping him because he created My Beloved Cyclone, thankfully. Didn't stop me from gushing like a fanboy over her anyways, though he was both appreciative and as into it as I was, and said she was his favourite character (I asked him what arcs they'd planned for her- he said that they were supposed to delve more into her mental problems and depression as an explanation for her being nuts- he refuted my suggestion that she might have been an android all along). I also put my name on the shortlist for getting full-page drawings done (GUESS WHICH CHARACTER???), but they said it might not happen because of time, so they might downgrade it to a smaller head-shot. Which is fine.

Got a book from Frank Cho and talked about an upcoming Liberty Meadows project where he'd finish the wedding storyline and do it better (I think he's been promising that for years, though).

The lines for George Perez & Stan Lee were NUTS, so I forgoed talking to them for the day- we'll see about tomorrow. Maybe I'll check out the various Star Trek booths, especially Wil Wheaton's & LeVar "Reading Rainbow" Burton's.

Surprisingly light on Cosplay so far, though there's some good zombie looks. The girls are keeping it clean as well, though there's a blue bikini fairy wandering around with a guy dressed as Link.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:47 am

wait, I thought Jake roberts died a few years back?
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:49 am

Fun stuff, Jab. I missed C2E2 in Chicago a couple of weeks ago and we were moving during the one in KC that I went to last year, so I have to wait until August to go to my next con.

I loved that bit about Jake the Snake and Virgil. I'll always be a mark at heart. :wink:
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 am

Kreuzritter wrote:wait, I thought Jake roberts died a few years back?

You might be thinking of Macho Man.

Skavenger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Skavenger » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:43 am

I always found it dis appointing that Demeter and Hestia (or "Vesta" as Marvel called her for years) never did more. I loved the concept of Hestia in the comic "PS238" where she's just the happy little domestic goddess...unless you "violate hospitality," at which point you get godly wrath brought down upon you.

Also, Dan Parent is just an overall awesome guy. I met him in Portland, Maine, when he was wrapping up after signing books all day, but he was happy to stick around late and talk to me and sign a couple of books I planned on giving to my sister.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 am

Jabroniville wrote:So she betrays Artume (after getting betrayed first, I guess), kills her, then becomes the Amazon Queen. Which of course makes her unable to mate with Cho, or else she'll have to kill him by their custom (D'oh!).

Y'know... if she's the queen... she can make up whatever rules she wants.

Ah, writers...
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

Return to “Roll Call”