Mutants & Masterminds
HQ    ABOUT M&M    SUPER-VISION    GIMMICK'S GADGETS    M&M SUPERLINK    ATOMIC THINK TANK    M&M SHOP
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Quotes of the Week

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.

Re: Quotes of the Week

Postby cobalt-blue » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Cadre Aleph now calling themselves The Harbingers now based in San Francisco went through a modified "Time of Vengeance" module. In the final battle with the Angel of Death, Silver Claw (formerly Psi-claw) commented, "The power to crush tall buildings with a single thought it is almost totally useless in this fight."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kenseido » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 am

Charli from Crinosverse Avengers to her little (NPC) sister.

"SUSAN DIANE BROWN! YOU DO NOT CAST DARK MAGIC AT YOUR SISTER AND HER ROBOT FRIEND!"
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby cobalt-blue » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 am

Last night during our "Patriots" game, the team had caught a young woman that I'd described as "less that buxom" trying to sneak into their base. She was trying to pass herself off a captain in the UAS ground forces but was wearing a major's rank and was wearing a medal for a battle that happened before she was born. It turned out that she was a "Chloe Sullivan- a reporter for the Daily Planet who wanted an interview with the team."

As they were interrogating her, out of the blue, Spectre asked. "If you had no feet, would you wear socks?"

Sullivan looked confused for a second at the non-sequitor question and then answered, "I guess not."

Spectre then asked, "Then why are you wearing a bra?"

The whole game broke up for a few moments. It so fit his sex-obsessed teen age character.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kipling » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 am

Hope Preparatory School setting. Someone is releasing a pheromone in various places, resulting in wacky hijinx, including one girl actually returning the crush that Glimm has had on her.

CAROLYN (on phone to her father, owner of a frozen foods conglomerate): No, we've split up. Yes, again. No, no one died. There were no injuries or fatalities at all. Can you send some french fries to these people? I know I'm disinherited, but that shouldn't affect-- It's just a couple of cases of french fries! ...Dad, you're embarrassing me!
RUMSPRINGA: You shouldn't lie to your father.
HARI: You people have to say that explicitly? We just use beatings.

(CAROLYN is attacked by the local security robots.)
CAROLYN: Enh, no problem. These things are no tougher than tanks.

HARI: What about the pheromones?
VICEPRINCIPAL WOLF: You'll notice it with the teachers, but everyone else is high school kids. How will you know if they've been affected?

RUMSPRINGA: How do you think you'll feel the morning after you take advantage of someone who isn't in her right mind?
GLIMM: Great!

(CAROLYN's old boyfriend can animate objects.)
GLIMM: A picket fence followed me back. (Everyone goes out to look.) Don't get too close--it's skittish.

HARI (Checks the mailbox on the picket fence): Look, a love note. (Glimm reads it aloud) And a human heart.
SARI: Well, that went from cute to sociopathic in a hurry.
CAROLYN (target of the note): Did he send me another one of his hearts? I already have some. ...He grows them back, you know.

Also, the session contained one player saying the famous phrase, "Don't give the GM ideas." (I used the idea on the next round.)
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!
kipling
Superhero
Superhero

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 am

Omni, the teen hero who has a story about her school days for every occasion (well, she should, I'm just not very good at it), from Crinoverse Avengers, being the "resident expert" on aliens for both her and Charli's little sisters:

".....and then they made me their Jeddak."
SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:49 pm

My character, Singularity, is a gravity controller in a team of mutant superheroes. Because she feels that it is important to remain grounded, she has kept her job as a waitress at a chain steak house. Recently we've begun working with the US government in a non-official capacity. Agent Jenkins, our liaison in these matters comes to the group with a problem...

[Jenkins] We have a problem that requires your particular talents.
[Singularity] You mean you want me to bring you guys drinks? That's crap!
Michael Silverbane
Bystander
Bystander

Postby cobalt-blue » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:37 pm

In our Patriots Game set in a world where World War II lasted until 1985. One of the players has Healing with Resurrection. Another player is literally just that- "a player" who has sex with anything willing. After Devil Doc had to patch him up from his last encounter, another player commented that if he kept it up, Isaac was going to end up dead. Devil Doc's reply was, "It might do him good to be dead for a few days."
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cochramd » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 pm

cobalt-blue wrote:"If you had no feet, would you wear socks?"

"I guess not."

"Then why are you wearing a bra?"

All the ice in the polar caps of Mars couldn't cool down that burn.

Anyhow, I'm playing a Juggernaut expy in the campaign I'm in. Tuesday night, we were fighting a very powerful mutant terrorist on the third floor of a building. With some of the team being mutants, he started the whole trying to negotiate, I'm doing this for the good of our species, yadda yadda....then we share this exchange.

"I ain't a mutie."

"Oh."

It's not really a funny quote, but right after he used a rank 15 telekinesis on me, countered my hero point with a complication and pushed me out of the window onto a Pinto in the parking lot across the street. I was van-throwing mad at him, and fortunately the hole in the wall was big enough for a van to fit through.
cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Lord Fell » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:31 am

This isn't so much a campaign quote, as it is a quote about a campaign, said by the GM after session...

"A sucking chest wound is the GM's way of telling you to slow down."
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby catsi563 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:23 am

From the Hero's Unlimited game right here on the ATT weve had a couple of hillarious ones.

Kris Majax the Mage with a demon arm attached Hurls a fireball at Stinger one of the members of Deathstroke in the groups first fight. The fireball collides with the insect villain and slams him into a wall Kris's reaction.

""Man, they're gonna charge me for that. You CAN'T wash stupid out. You have to re-paint."

And another from Kris, while on their way to meet with someone named "The Doc" to discuss the problem of beings know as Trolls, a discussion breaks out about who the best Doctor Who is. Upon the revelation of the Doc as a near 6 foot human Rat hybrid.

""That's not David Tennant."

And lastly Kris and Green Lantern were searching the sewers for signs of the Trolls. After an encounter with some mutated crocodiles they managed to escape and foudn themselves over a lake with more crocs in it.

after thinking they were safe from the group of crocodiles by flying over their heads out of reach, ran into Gator a good sized humanoid Gator who lived there. Gators leaping tackle of The Green Lantern elicited this response.

"Flying gator!!"
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563
catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Lord Fell » Sun May 27, 2012 2:06 pm

At a recent get together, I had a chance to hobnob with some old gaming buddies I haven't played with since the 90s...

Recalling an old GURPS Supers campaign, my character was Baron Thunder (similar concept and color scheme to Freedomverse's Captain Thunder, just a decade earlier). For reasons we can't remember, Baron Thunder was deep in his cups and was failing his Fortitude saves vs. Alcohol. When the club closed and kicked everyone out, he was a bit woozy in the air. Another character (we don't recall his hero name, but he had frog-like leaping and agility) pounced on Baron Thunder's shoulders, and proceeded to steer him home by his ears.

"Friends don't let friends fly drunk!"
Lord Fell
Overlord
Overlord

Postby kenseido » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:34 pm

During the Crinosverse Invasion, the heroes find that some aliens are possessing various heroes and villians. They free one and the alien starts dying, unable to survive our atmosphere. One of the heroes asks for a volunteer to let the alien possess them so they can get intel.

The Hyde identity of a Jeckyl/Hyde hero offers up his other half. He changes but his other half isn't to happy about being possessed. So Carter hits him with a nerve punch and takes him to have the alien possess him.

One of Hyde's teammates comments to Carter.

Crinos wrote:The large werewolf shifts back to her human form, a stunning red head, and comes over.

"You do know Hyde is going to kill you for that later, right?" She says, folding her arms.

Tattooedman wrote:Carter eyes her from the side. "Really? Hyde was the one to offer his other self up like that, all I did was help follow through with his intent. Guess I'll have to leave my address for him to contact my give-a-damn representative."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Also during the invasion, a captured alien spouts this:

"You'll never take me! The glory of the Irken Empire will continue to spread! Not even threatening to lock me in with that idiot Zim will deter me!"

To which Zoe, a good Terminator Model T-X from an alternature dimension replies,

flynnarrel wrote:"... alive... I believe the appropriate phrasing is 'You will never take me [alive]' for someone in your position. Your preferences are noted."
kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Same character. After having been thrown into a new Universe and learning that no one else was able to help combat some encroaching bad guys....

ZOE
She pauses only a beat then adds "The notion that all of your heroes are dealing with extinction-level events of equal magnitude to world-domination by Escaped Entropic Anti-Gods speaks poorly to the safety of your dimension as a whole."

"Just saying..."
flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FireGiant » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:49 am

Well lets see, I don't have any from M&M, but I got a few from Shadowrun.

From an insane character called Alpha 21, who carried at all times, a minimum of five of every kind of grenade in existence attached to the outside of his armor. He was constantly blowing things up using the grenade launcher mounted on his arm, and was the only source of damage for another member of the group through the entire campaign. One mission, we had to get into a building undetected, so my reaction was:

"Ah! Discretion... My only weakness..."

Another character of mine, a tiefling fire mage of insane, god like power, who was so adept with fire that he was not effected by it, (though he goes through so many outfits, it's not funny). At one point he had been captured and taken to another plain of existence we called "seventh hell", and was being torchered by a Balor, in a building made of a very unique wax type material. I had tried to punch him, but he attached me to the wall by slamming my horns through it, so I resulted to:

"I'm gonna cast a force 44 napalm spell, at the hottest temperature I can."
"You're in hell, and you want to try and hurt a guy who you've been calling satan, using fire? Do you not realize that makes no sense?"
"I'm not going to attack him, I'm going to attack him, I'm going to attack the building we're in."

The building instantly started to melt, and I fell out of the wall, pushed a bookcase on him, and turned to the door, (which had fused into the melting wall by this point), and burst through, to the outside... The building melted, trapping him, and he died of suffocation.

And Merriks elf sister:

"You really think you even stand a chance against me? I defeated you last time we met."
"You didn't defeat me, because I'm standing here in front of you now."
"Dude, I shot you in the face with a shotgun, threw you out of a helicopter, and then dropped a fraking building on you. Nine out of ten cultures around the world would count that win as being in the 'epic' category."
FireGiant
Bystander
Bystander

PreviousNext

Return to M&M Story Hour