LoL 3e: More Champs! Udyr, Maokai, and Nunu!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Re: League of Legends 3e: Warwick, The Blood Hunter

Postby WanderingMystic » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am

Ahh now see if I actually played LoL I probably would have caught that it was supposed to be splash damage for Ashe and Ryze (he made my head hurt just looking at him but makes more senses now) I made a really nice revamp of Ashe but then realized that my Hero Builder is demo only so I am forced to re do it so I can input it onto the boards, hopefully I will post an Ashe ans Annie in the next day or 2, Now that I see how Ashe works I might not but if i do it will just be adding a bit for playability (like a more useful basic attack even though I see what you mean about making it weaker, since this is M&M I feel it needs to be as useful or it will not be used)

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

League of Legends 3e: Summoner Re-tooling

Postby JDRook » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 pm

I realized a lot of my base assumptions for statting Champion characters put them in a near-identical setting to the League of Legends game: Summoner out of danger, top-down viewing the Champion he controls, different time/space considerations, etc. Now that I have someone interested in specifically using the Summoner in a game, I've been re-thinking how it could be done so that it is relatively true to the source material but is still fun and challenging.

Summoning without Summon: One option is to make the Summoner without the Summon power. Since in a standard LoL game, you only get the one Champion until the end of a full battle (generally a 20-40 minute game), and don't have the ability to change Champions mid-stream, the summoning itself can be considered to happen "off-camera", presumably as part of a lengthy ritual, and therefore covered by the Ritualist Advantage. A ritual to summon a PL10 Heroic with Mental Link will take almost a solid week to design (a month if you take off evenings and weekends), about 7 hours to perform, or just over 4 minutes to jury-rig with a hero point. Of course, this also requires a successful roll vs DC 51 (56 for jury-rig) to work, but a GM could handwave that to keep the game moving (probably not for jury-rig, though). This allows the Summoner PC to be a full fledged character: the Mystic archetype is most likely, but you could add Ritualist and Magic Expertise to any Archetype with a little fiddling.

Summons with Summon: Another concern that came up is Champions that can summon, which technically breaks the rule of Summons having Summons and causing infinite catastrophe. If we use the above option, the Champion isn't technically a summon and the issue is moot.

Summoner becomes Summoned: Rather than being a completely separate entity from the Champion, the Summoner could turn into the Champion as an Alternate Form. As an added effect, the Summoner could only guide the Champion as opposed to having the unlimited control, something like DC's Firestorm. The Summoner could even keep the top-down outside-eye view by adding a Remote Sensing effect. If you limit it to Visual and only directly above the Champion, it's essentially a 1p Feature.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: League of Legends 3e: Warwick, The Blood Hunter

Postby JDRook » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:29 pm

WanderingMystic wrote:Ahh now see if I actually played LoL I probably would have caught that it was supposed to be splash damage for Ashe and Ryze (he made my head hurt just looking at him but makes more senses now) I made a really nice revamp of Ashe but then realized that my Hero Builder is demo only so I am forced to re do it so I can input it onto the boards, hopefully I will post an Ashe ans Annie in the next day or 2, Now that I see how Ashe works I might not but if i do it will just be adding a bit for playability (like a more useful basic attack even though I see what you mean about making it weaker, since this is M&M I feel it needs to be as useful or it will not be used)

I do loves me some HeroLab. I got it about 2 years ago, bought MnM2e and the add-on and MnM3e when it came out. I've probably put solid weeks of work into it so it's been totally worth it for me. On the other hand, you can always type it out once you get HL to do all the math for you, or get one of the free Excel sheets floating around, so whatever works for you. I think you might even be able to cut and paste some of it in a text preview, but it's been a while since I used the demo.

The weaker arrows are only "useless" because there's no effective mana limit on Ashe. If she ever ran out of magic (Power Loss Complication?), she'd need those arrows. Of course, by that same logic, she should eventually run out of arrows, too. :) Also, to keep her points down all of her powers are tied to her Easily Removable bow, so if she ever gets disarmed (and to be fair, it should happen 2 out of every 5 missions), she's effectively a PL3, although her Focus power would let her take down some pretty tough customers with a thrown rock. :)
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Re: League of Legends 3e: Summoner Re-tooling

Postby WanderingMystic » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 pm

One of the perennial favorites of summoners in the League of Legends is the Freljordian beauty known as Ashe. She is a direct descendant of Avarosa - one of three legendary sisters who each claimed dominion over the scattered tribes dwelling in the icy tundra of northern Valoran. Ashe mirrors her ancestor's unparalleled mastery of the bow, earning her the title of ''the Frost Archer'' the way Avarosa did during her era. Ashe is a literal Princess amongst her people, though she prefers to be addressed by outsiders as her tribal title rather than any form of royal moniker. There are those in Freljord, however, that would prefer to address Ashe as the ''late'' Frost Archer; the other two tribes that are descendants from the Three Sisters are historically sworn enemies of Ashe and her people. Having survived more than one assassination attempt in her life, Ashe is always aware of her surroundings regardless of where she is.

Ashe originally came to the Institute of War in service of the League summoners, seeking enough influence and favor to finally bring peace to her realm - one that has endured civil strife since Avarosa and the Time of the Three Sisters. With countless victories under her belt, she has started to put the influence she has earned in the League to use. Rumors abound that Ashe has begun to associate herself with fellow champion Tryndamere outside of the Fields of Justice. While she denies such talk as frivolous, all eyes will remain on Ashe now that her success in the League may finally allow her to restore lasting peace to her people.

''It's a good idea to spread out. Ashe can hit five birds with one arrow.'' -- Tryndamere

Ashe – PL 10

Abilities
    Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
    Benefit: Status 3 (Princess), Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 1, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4 (Magic Bow)*, Improved Initiative 2, Minion 2, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment)*, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)*, Quick Draw, Ultimate Effort (Aim), Uncanny Dodge

Skills
    Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+8), Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+5), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise (Politics) 6 (+7), Expertise (Survival) 3 (+4), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 1 (+4), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat (Bow) 8 (+12), Stealth 8 (+12)

Powers
    Magic Bow (Easily Removable (Indestructible)) (31)
    . . Enchanted Crystal Arrow (48)
    . . . . Arrow Damage: Blast 4+8 (Linked; Range 300/600/1200; DC 27; Inaccurate 2 (-4))
    . . . . Arrow Stun: Affliction 12 (Linked; Range 300/600/1200; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Increased Range (ranged); Inaccurate 2 (-4), Limited Degree 1)
    . . . .Crystal Explosion: Burst Area Blast 8 (Linked; DC 25; Burst Area (30 feet sphere), Stacks with Arrow Damage; Tiring)
    . . . . Slowing Field: Burst Area Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range (ranged), Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere); Limited Degree 2)
    . . Frost Shot (1) 48
    . . . . Frost Arrow: Blast 6 (Linked; Range 80/200/400; Accurate 1 (+2), Multiattack, Selective; Diminished Range 1)
    . . . . Frost Bite: Affliction 6 (Linked; Range 80/200/400; 1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Immobilized; Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Accurate 1 (+2), Extra Condition, Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack, Selective; Diminished Range 1, Limited Degree 1)
    . . Volley Shot (1)
    . . . . Arrow Spread: Cone Area Damage 2+6 (Linked; DC 23; Cone Area 2 (120 feet cone))
    . . . . Frost Cone: Cone Area Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Stunned, Immobilized; Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Extra Condition, Cone Area 2 (120 feet cone); Limited Degree 1)

Focus (3): Enhanced Trait 6 (Advantages: Improved Critical 4, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover); Custom Flaw: Defenseless, only works while Aiming)

Hawkshot (1): Senses 1 (Communication Link: Mental with Hawk minion)

Equipment
    Combat Gloves [Strength-based Damage 1]
    Leather Armor [Protection: Protection 2]

Offense
    Initiative +12
    Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Arrow Stun): +8 / DC Fort 22
    Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Crystal Arrow): +8 / DC 27
    Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Crystal Explosion): DC Doge 18 / DC 23
    Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Slowing Field): DC Doge 18 /DC Fort 18
    Frost Shot (Frost Arrow): +14 / DC 21
    Frost Shot (Frost Bite): +14 / DC Fort 17
    Throw: +8 / DC 16
    Unarmed: +5 / DC 17
    Volley Shot (Arrow Spread): DC Doge 20 / DC 25
    Volley Shot (Frost Cone): DC Doge 20 / DC Fort 20

Complications
    Enemy: There are those in Freljord, however, that would prefer to address Ashe as the ''late'' Frost Archer; the other two tribes that are descendants from the Three Sisters are historically sworn enemies of Ashe and her people. Having survived more than one assassination attempt in her life, Ashe is always aware of her surroundings regardless of where she is.
    Responsibility: Ashe originally came to the Institute of War in service of the League summoners, seeking enough influence and favor to finally bring peace to her realm - one that has endured civil strife since Avarosa and the Time of the Three Sisters. With countless victories under her belt, she has started to put the influence she has earned in the League to use.

Defense
    Dodge 13, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7/1, Will 12

Power Points
    Abilities 36 + Powers 35 + Advantages 16 + Skills 29 (54 ranks) + Defenses 34 = 150
This is my take on stream lining Ashe, I dropped her standard shot since her Frost Shot is really more of the basic arrow fired from the Magic Bow. I put Improved Aim into Focus and changed the flaw to Distracted. Bumped up the power of Frost Shot just a bit and truth be told still have several points to play with (5 in Frost shot and 6 in volley shot) due to the extreme cost of Enchanted Crystal Arrow. This build leave 3 points to play with but lost the 4 points in Ranged Attack advantage (keeps the benefit by making Frost Shot Accurate) I also added a point in close combat unarmed since you had a free skill point laying around. Ranged Attack Bow was lowed from a 10 to an eight so I could keep the 12 in enchanted crystal arrow. I had contemplated adding a few more arrows to the array however 1 it breaks cannon, 2 since it is just a summons and not the actual PC I like the limited feel of her powers, if I added more versatility there would not be a reason to get other ranged summons.

The affliction for both Volley and Frost shot have been bumped back up to 2 conditions due to the points being avalibal, if this dosnt feel right it could be spend on a different extra. Would have put selective on Volley but could not afford to also put it on the damage aspect so figured it wasnt worth it
The main problem I have is the fact that her AoE's are friendly fire but alas that can not be helped from what I can see.

There is one variation I could see and that would be changing the stunning burst to Environment, Increased Rage: Ranged, Extreme Cold, Impend Movement 2 for a cost of 5 lowering the total cost of Enchanted Crystal Arrow to 41 and the cost of Magic Bow to 25 freeing up 3 point to spend elsewhere, I had thought about this since it dose not require a saving throw to become hindered just slows everyone in the area but ultimately decided it just didn't quite feel right

Version 2.0 posted on 7/26
made Volley Shot double the area, Lowered some abilities, and dropped some skills and benefits to help make powers what they needed to be
Last edited by WanderingMystic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 8 times in total.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 am

I like what you've done. It's simplified a few things I did, cut out a few unnecessary bits, cleaned it up nice.

There's only one detail you'd have to address:

WanderingMystic wrote:
Focus: Enhanced Trait 8 (4) (Advantages: Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ultimate Effort (Aim); Distracting

... I put Improved Aim into Focus and changed the flaw to Distracted.

As written, the Distracting Flaw here isn't really a flaw. The Aim action already has Distracting built-in when you use it, so the whole reason I gave Focus the Defenseless side effect is that it was already intended to be use with the Aim action. I even left Improved Aim outside of Focus so she'd have it available without losing all of her defenses.

At it's basic level, this is what Focus does in-game:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com wrote:Focus - While out of combat, Ashe's Critical Strike chance increases by 3/6/9/12/15/18% every 3 seconds for her next attack.

So all it really needs is the ImpCrit, the Defenseless Flaw (to enforce "out of combat") and maybe Ultimate Aim to make it complete. The rest I threw in to make it interesting, and admittedly the Double-Flaw Side Effect for Defenseless is cheesy.

I'd recommend going with Defenseless as -1 Flaw for Focus and deciding which Advantages you want in or out of it, since you've got some room to move points now.

Besides that, though, it's a great build. I may adjust my own build to reflect your ideas, or just redirect the link. I look forward to what else you have in mind.

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

JDRook wrote:I like what you've done. It's simplified a few things I did, cut out a few unnecessary bits, cleaned it up nice.

There's only one detail you'd have to address:

The rest I threw in to make it interesting, and admittedly the Double-Flaw Side Effect for Defenseless is cheesy.

I'd recommend going with Defenseless as -1 Flaw for Focus and deciding which Advantages you want in or out of it, since you've got some room to move points now.

That was my thought but as a -1 Defenseless works great.
I am removing Improved Aim, and Ultimate Effort (Aim) from Focus and adding them as regular Advantages, that still leaves 2 points what do you think, upping Will defense, Fort, or Parry

Ended up just putting it in Will, felt more appropriate than the other two

Hiecaro
Bystander
Bystander

Summoner Spotlight: Empiro

Postby Hiecaro » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:35 pm

“A dark day for Runterra when you step on the platform, kid.” Those words kept running through Empiro’s mind. His tutor had never been kind to him: Empiro never wanted kindness. The pulsing orb of magic fluxed in his hand. There had only been one or two champions who would take on a green summoner like him.

“They will always know more about the fight than you, let the champion guide your own decisions.” That had been a lesson beaten into him when he got Ryze killed in his second training bout. Death didn’t work the same way when a being was under the command of a summoner. It was never permanent; seldom did death have any more consequence than a slap on the wrist and a bit of a burning sensation through the body. Empiro had come to relish the pain in all its forms, giving and taking.

“Don’t be too aggressive, death comes swiftly to those who ignore the rules of engagement in the battlefield.” That was a tip from Westrice, a summoner far Empiro’s senior and one of the more renowned summoners in the league. Empiro’s body shifted, the orb glowing brighter. This was the first time he wasn’t going to summon Ryze to be his companion, his champion.

No, today was far different. The Judicator, Kayle was going to be his champion in this match, to finally judge him worthy or unworthy of him actually becoming a summoner and facing challenges on the Fields of Justice.

Kayle’s image appeared within the orb. An entirely new feeling of magic flowed up his arms and into the core of his body. It was a nervous feeling as he stared down at Ryze, the only champion he had known. Standing against him on the field, Empiro steeled himself. He had to prove he knew his ally as an opponent, and could take him down without emotional connection.

Kayle’s sword flashed with flame as minions charged through, a burst of flame erupted from the blade, lashing at Ryze. The battle took moments, Ryze fought back poorly, he knew he was not supposed to win. As the skirmish ended, kayle left the field for the summoner’s chambers, ready to anoint the League’s newest summoner.

“The champions won’t respect you as a summoner; you have to prove yourself to them.” Those were the final gruff words of encouragement Empiro got from his master, on the edge of a large rift to send him to another world to gain experience. With this he dreamed of becoming one of the strongest summoners in the league.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Amumu revamping

Postby WanderingMystic » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:53 am

Moving on tot he next Champion I know we will be using in our game I am looking at Amumu. For the most part I love the way you built Amumu but decided to see if I could stream line it a little.
    Perhaps one of the oddest champions in the League of Legends is the yordle known as Amumu. His life before joining the League remains unknown... especially to Amumu. All he remembers is that he woke up alone inside a pyramid within the Shurima Desert. He was entwined in mummy wrappings and he could not feel his heart beat. Furthermore, he felt a deep sadness that he could not entirely explain; he knew he missed his parents, though he could not remember who they were. Dropping to his knees, Amumu wept into his bandages. No matter what he did, it seemed he could never stop his tears or sadness. Eventually he stood up, determined to wander the world to discover his past. Amumu traveled all across southern Valoran - a feat that is not easily dismissed.

While Amumu still hasn't learned much about his past, he has learned a great deal about who he has become. He is most assuredly undead, though he harbors none of the evil characteristics typical of undead beings. He also seems to keep trouble at arm's length; Amumu was able to traverse all of Southern Valoran without so much as a single bad thing happening to him. He was just sad, and the people and beings he encountered eventually shared his sadness. Ultimately, he made his way north across the Great Barrier to the Institute of War, the home of the League. Amumu's story was compelling to the summoners he met there, and they invited him to take part in a League Judgment. His success within the League as a champion has given Amumu something he desired: a home. With his present (un)life secured, he now hopes the friends he has made will help him discover his past.

''Things are bad when Amumu is crying, but they're much worse when he's angry.'' -- Ezreal

Amumu - PL 10

Abilities
    Strength 6, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
    Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck

Skills
    Intimidation 2 (+4), Investigate 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+6)

Powers
    Cursed Touch (5)
    . . Will Sapping Touch: Weaken 5 (Strength-effect; Affects: Will, Resisted by: Will, DC 15)

Despair (20)
    . . Tears of Despair: Burst Area Weaken 5 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Will, DC 15; Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere), Increased Duration 2 (sustained))

The Mummy Attacks!!! (30)
    . . Bandage Toss (28)
    . . . . Bandage Slam: Strength-based Damage 6 (Linked; DC 27; Accurate 1 (+2), Reach 6 (30ft); Quirk (Must use Swinging Charge to Attack))
    . . . . Bandage Stun: Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by Will, DC 22; Accurate 1 (+2), Reach 6 (30ft); Limited Degree 1, Quirk (Must use Swinging Charge to Attack) )
    . . . . Bandage Swing: Movement 1 (Linked; Swinging; Feature (Does not move if Attack roll misses), Feature (Moves almost Instantaneously))
    . . Curse of the Sad Mummy (1)
    . . . . Bandage Tangle: Burst Area Affliction 7 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, Dazed, 2nd degree: Immobile, Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 17; Area: Burst 2 (60 feet radius sphere), Extra Condition; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree 1)
    . . . . Curse Damage: Burst Area Damage 7 (Linked; DC 22; Area: Burst 2 (60 feet radius sphere), Selective; Limited: Only take damage if affected by Tangle, Tiring)
    . . Tantrum (1)
    . . . . Furry of the Mummy: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 2 (DC 23; Burst Area 1 [30 feet radius sphere], Penetration 8, Selective)

Undead Resilience (50)
    . . Undying: Immunity 31 (Aging, Fortitude Effects)
    . . Mummified Fleash: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious [2 ranks only])
    . . Tantrum Rage!: Impervious Toughness 10 (Custom (Starts at zero; Increases 2 ranks per Tantrum))

Offense
    Initiative +2
    Bandage Toss (Bandage Slam): +8 / DC 27
    Bandage Toss (Bandage Stun): +8 / DC Will 22
    Curse of the Sad Mummy (Bandage Tangle): DC Doge 17 / DC Will 17
    Curse of the Sad Mummy (Curse Damage): DC Doge 17 /DC 22
    Cursed Touch: DC 15
    Despair: DC Doge 15 / DC 15
    Grab: +6 / DC 16
    Tantrum: DC Doge 18 / DC 23
    Throw: +0 / DC 21
    Unarmed: +6 / DC 21

Complications
    Identity: Rather than hide his identity, Amumu hopes to discover his, so this is a Motivation.
    Power Loss: Amumu, despite his undead ways, is still vulnerable to Sensory attacks and other effects that affect most Champs. If Dazzled, he gets a hero point.

Defense
    Dodge 4, Parry 8, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
    Abilities 24 + Powers 105 + Advantages 2 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 150

Lowered the over all power of Tantrum to 8 but added selective and Penetration
Added the stun effect to Bandage toss as well as reach
Nerfed the 60ft aoe in Curse of the sad mummy to cut down cost, had a couple of spare points so i bumped the damage up to 9
Despair really didnt need damage so i removed it and while i like the idea of the weaken being slow you have to remember that they only lose the difference between your roll and there defense up to a max of 5( power level of it) butt hey regain 1 point per round so limmiting it to only 1 point per round as a maximum made it a waste of points. Added accurate to Bandage toss instead of having +2 to the skill, gave Amumu 4 ranks in investigate showing his curiosity and search to find out about his life.

Note: Version 2.0 7/29
Was able to increase the area of Curse by dropign the rank to 7 from 9 and slapping on A limiter and Instant Recovery
Last edited by WanderingMystic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Kog'Maw

Postby WanderingMystic » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:39 pm

When the prophet Malzahar was reborn in Icathia, he was led there by an ominous voice which thereafter anchored itself to his psyche. From within, this voice bestowed upon him terrible purpose, and though Malzahar was no longer tormented by its call, the voice did not cease its unrelenting summons. This baleful beacon's gentle flicker -- now fastened to Runeterra -- drew forth a putrid beast that ambled across a threshold it did not understand, widening a fissure between the spaces which were never meant to meet. There amongst the haunting ruins of Icathia, Kog'Maw manifested in Valoran with unsettling curiosity. The spark which led him to Runeterra teased him still, urging him gently towards Malzahar. It also encouraged him to familiarize himself with his new environment, to the stark horror of everything he encountered on his journey.

The enchanting colors and aromas of Runeterra intoxicated Kog'Maw, and he explored the fruits of the strange world the only way he knew how: by devouring them. At first he sampled only the wild flora and fauna he happened across. As he traversed the parched Tempest Flats, however, he came upon a tribe of nomads. Seemingly unhampered by conventional rules of physics, Kog'Maw consumed every nomad and any obstacles they put in his way, amounting to many times his own mass and volume. The most composed of his victims may have had time to wonder if this was due to the caustic enzymes which stung the ground as they dripped from his gaping mouth, although such musings were abruptly concluded. When his wake of catastrophe reached the Institute of War, an enthusiastic Malzahar greeted him with an enticing prospect: taste the best Runeterra could offer...on the Fields of Justice.

'If that's just hungry, I don't want to see angry.' --Tryndamere, the Barbarian King
    Kog'Maw, The Mouth of the Abyss - PL 10

Abilities
    Strength 4, Stamina 6, Agility 4, Dexterity -2, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
    All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Fearless,Improved Critical: Bio-Arcane Barrage x4*, Improved Critical: Caustic Spittle x2*, Improved Hold, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)*

Skills
    Athletics 4(+10), Close Combat: (Bite) 6(+12), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: (Spitting) 10(+8)

Powers
    Alternate Skins (10)
    . . Caterpillar (5)
    . . . . Chitin: Protection 1 (Stacks with Tough Hide)
    . . . . Crawling: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 2: full speed)
    . . Lion Dance (1)
    . . . . Armored Scales: Protection 2 (Stacks with Tough Hide)
    . . . . Flaming Enzymes: Feature (Caustic Enzymes change from Acid to Fire)
    . . . . Serpentine Movement: Enhanced Trait 2 (Dodge)
    . . Monarch (1)
    . . . . Aerodynamic: Enhanced Trait 4 (Doge)
    . . . . Wings: Flight 1 (60ft per round; Wings)
    . . Normal (1)
    . . . . Tough: Enhanced Trait 1 (Stamina)
    . . . . Thick Hide: Protection 3 (Stacks with Tough Hide)
    . . Reindeer (1)
    . . . . Arctic: Immunity 1 (cold)
    . . . . Sure Footed: Movement 1 (Sure-footed)
    . . . . Swift: Speed 2 (120ft per round)
    . . Sonoran (1)
    . . . . Burrowing: Burrowing 4 (15ft per round)
    . . . . Desert Creature: Immunity 1 (heat)

Caustic Enzymes (42)
    . . Bio-Arcane Barrage (38)
    . . . . Bio-Arcane Splash: Strength-based Blast 4 (Range 80/200/400, DC 25; Accurate 2 (+4), Incurable, Multiattack, Penetrating 4, Selective; Diminished Range 1; Improved Critical x4)
    . . Caustic Spittle (1)
    . . . . Acid Damage: Strength-based Blast 4 (Linked; Range 80/200/400ft, DC 23; Accurate 2 (+4), Incurable, Penetrating 4; Diminished Range 1; Improved Critical x2)
    . . . . Dissolving Acid: Weaken 8 (Linked; Affect: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, Range 80/200/400ft, DC 18; Accurate 2 (+6), Increased Range: ranged, Incurable; Diminished Range 1)
    . . Icathian Surprise (1)
    . . . . Body Explosion: Burst Area Blast 10 (Linked; Range 50/100/200 ft., DC 25; Burst Area 1 (30ft radius), Penetrating 10; Diminished Range 2, Tiring)
    . . . . Disguised Death: Concealment 6 (Linked; All Visual, Normal Hearing)
    . . Living Artillery (1)
    . . . . Acidic Mortar: Strength-based Burst Area Blast 6 (Range 250/500/1000ft, DC 27; Area: Burst 1 (30ft), Feature: Makes any concealed target visible for a moment, Incurable, Penetration 6; Precise Attack: Ranged, Cover)
    . . Void Ooze (1)
    . . . . Digestive Ball: Strength-based Area Damage 4 (Linked; DC 23; Area: Line 2 (5 feet wide by 120 feet long), Penetrating 2)
    . . . . Sticky Slime: Line Area Affliction 8 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobilized; Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Area: Line 2 (5 feet wide by 120 feet long); Limited Degree 1)

Dissolving Acid (4)
    . . Corrosive Strength: Strength Effect 4 (Penetrating 4)

Gaping Maw (9)
    . . Mouth of the Abyss: Strength based Damage 4 (Innate, Penetration 4)

Tough Hide (3)
    . . Creature of the Abyss: Protection 2 (Innate)

Void Stomach (2)
    . . Digest Anything: Feature
    . . Inhuman Digestion: Immunity 1 (Poison)

Offense

Initiative +4
    Bio-Arcane Barrage: +12 / DC23
    Caustic Spittle (Acid Damage): +12 / DC 23
    Caustic Spittle (Dissolving Acid): +12 / DC Fort 18
    Grabbing Bite: +12 / DC 23
    Icanthian Surprise: DC Dodge / DC 25
    Living Artillery: DC Dodge 20 / DC 25
    Void Ooze (Digestive Juices): DC Dodge 18 / DC 23
    Void Ooze (Sticky Slime): DC Dodge 18 / DC Fort 18

Complications
    ???
    ???

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 11, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
    Abilities 44 + Powers 70 + Advantages 6 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 150

*added Bio-Arcane Barrage
*reduced range of Icanthian Surprise, but added a concealment effect to help him hide after using it (i.e to represent that he died and is unattackable) in addition added Penetrating 10 and tiring
reduced the range of Caustic spittle and bumped up the Penetrating to 8

Note: version 2.0 7/26
Doubled Void Ooze's area, added burst to Living Artillery, lowered Kogmaw's Strength and by extention Pl of damaged abilited

Note version 3.0
after our first game there were complaints about the power of his void ooze so I tinkered with points to make it PL 8, in addition I moved some of his penetration to a strength based effect
also I had given him stealth I was informed that this did not feal right.
other changes include changin range attack advantage into range combat spittign skill, and beefign up his defenses to almost cap in some skins
Last edited by WanderingMystic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Nice work, guys! I just tried Kog'Maw for the first time after I saw your build. Not really my style (I'll post my fave champ when I have time and 'net) but a fun little ranged damage dealer.

I never thought of doing powers based on their skins. That's a great idea, if a bit of a point-eater. Also, that array technically allows you to change skins every round, which seems a little overkill. Alternate skins would be totally workable for slightly altered Champion summons, though. I'd think that summoning a champ with a particular skin for a mission could be something like a 1p Feature added to the Summon power, since it's basically a very narrow Variable option. Perfect for when your Summoner has earned a little experience.

Taking the skins array out of the build also frees up some points to put into other things, like his defenses. K'M is a squishy little bugger, but his defenses put him at a PL6. Another option might be adding Secondary effect to his acid-based attacks to fit that descriptor, although that might either get too expensive or make the attack too weak when you adjust costs.

Streamlining Amumu is totally cool by me. I'm just glad somebody's doing something with these builds. :) Good catch with Amumu's Weaken. I hadn't considered the immediate recovery keeping that from being useful.

Going back to effects and descriptors, I realized I was limiting what the Champs could do based on their limitations in-game, but there's really nothing stopping Amumu from swinging on his bandage more often (ie when he's not attacking), or using it to snare individual opponents like a little mummified Spiderman. :) You may not want to buy that particular effect, but it could be a good power stunt for a player character to pull out, and if he finds he's using it a lot, he could buy it later. HeroLab actually recently added a Library tab to keep track of common Inventions, Rituals and Power Stunts without adding a point cost to the character. In fact, using power stunts could shave a few points off of some of the arrays (Kog'Maw's Icathian Surprise comes to mind).

And I'm liking the story of Empiro. So are you actually having a DCA/3e game set in the Runeterra universe? Any chance you'd be doing it PbP? :D

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Well as far as Kog'Maw goes the PC told me to deliberately keep his defenses well below cap becasue in game he is very squishy. I has extra points laying around so I decided to add the Skins since I know that he realy likes all of Kog'Maw's skins.
As it stand his "Normal skin brings his toughness to an 12 with a Doge/parry of 4 each so that is closer to PL 8 defenses.
Caterpillar: Toughness 9 / Doge 4 = 13 but has wallcrawling
Lion Dance: Toughness 10 / Doge 5 = 15
Normal: Toughness 12 / Doge 4 = 16
Monarch: Toughness 8 / Doge 6 = 14 but has flight 1
the Reindeer and Sonoran: Toughness 8 / Doge 4 = 12 but have special movement abilities
so it is not that bad. Since the Normal skin is almost required for survivability I didnt think begin able to change in game would make that much of a difference.

I added a secondary effect to his Void Ooze since our GM told use to increase line to a 5ft by 60ft line for 1 rank up from a 5ft by 30ft line.

To help represent the Acid all of Kog'Maws attacks have Penetrating at max for the damage they do.

Right now we are working on Irelia, Trundle, and Maokai. (Our Gm told us our first big bad was going to be a crazed botanist giving plants some form of sentient so we figured it would be a great opportunity to try to earn Maokai favor and get him on our side to stop this atrocity from begin forced onto other plants.

It looks like he will be starting the game with Ryze, Kayle, Kog'Maw, Irelia, Trundle and Amumu. While he personally Loves Ashe I have been dissuading him from choosing her since he already has Ryze and Kog'Maw and go for Trundle instead for a great Melee Fighter.

We were looking for a rounded collection of characters for him to summon.
Ranged Mage: Ryze
Ranged Carry: Kog'Maw
Tank: Amumu
Support: Kayle
Melee Fighter: Trundle
Melee Mage or Assassin: Irelia
he might change out the support for a Stealth Character but not sure.

As it stands he has to convince the Champion to allow him to summon them by doing favors or diplomacy so some of the ones who are pretty much only fighting for the defense of there country might be out. (howevet we are giving him the Limmited for his summons to counter the fact that we are making him spend 2 points for having a Broad Type.

Right now I love the limited feel for the champions and so dose the PC and our GM, It makes it feel like there is a good reason to choose a different champion rather than just having one who is good at a lot of things so we have been trying to stick pretty close to the functionality of the Champions as they are in Game.

Unfortunaty for you this is not a game taking place in Runeterra instead he has heard of the great Champions on this plane and has come here to try to recruit some of them to the League.

Our team is a motley crew if I ever saw one, Our defacto leader is Event Horizon a brilliant scientist who was exposed to quantum partials allowing him to create quantum singularities, he is a humanitarian and believes science should be for the betterment of mankind. Myself Nightshade is a ex seal attached to counter terrorism. Upon returning home he determined that Supers were the greatest threat to the American way ans is working for a secret Governmental agency, gathering information about all the Suppers out there, their abilities, and weakness. Uses advanced weaponry and battle armor very low powered (PL 8 character with out my fancy Tech) but has a gun which can after I analyze a Supper create a chemical weapon specifically designed to either utilize there weaknesses or negate their abilities. We have the summoner and an inebriated ET who has the abilities to influence the minds of others around them, unfortunately since he is a lush he can only make them feel different effects of intoxication.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Irelia

Postby WanderingMystic » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 pm

The Ionians have developed some of the most breathtaking and deadly martial arts on all of Runeterra - just one manifestation of their pursuit of enlightenment. The most remarkable blade style to emerge, however, was the unusual byproduct of foreign intervention. Master Lito was a swordsman whose teachings were sought by ruling classes from nearly every city-state. His art was a highly-guarded secret, but it was said that swords would breathe in his grasp. He withered unexpectedly from a mysterious disease which baffled the brightest of Runeterran physicians. When he died, he left behind Zelos and Irelia, his son and daughter, and a truly unique weapon. Zelos became a sergeant in the Ionian military and left to seek assistance from Demacia immediately prior to Noxus' invasion of Ionia. Irelia, charged with the protection of their home until Zelos returned, was alone when the Noxian forces struck.

The Ionians fought admirably, but soon Ionian blood stained the land beneath the prints of foreign boots. At the Great Stand of the Placidium, Ionians prepared for surrender, but were inspired to maintain their resistance when the young Irelia lifted her father's enormous blade and pledged to hold until her brother returned. In the chaos of the ensuing fight, Irelia was cursed with dark Noxian Necromancy. As her life ebbed, Soraka, the Starchild, made a final attempt to anchor her fading soul. Unwilling to relinquish her home, Irelia rose at the brink of death, and her father's sword lifted in the air alongside her. Irelia rushed back to the fore, unfazed by the blade's sudden animation. The weapon danced around her effortlessly, cutting down Noxians as they gaped in horror. The decimated invaders were forced to retreat from the Placidium. Irelia was appointed Ionia's Captain of the Guard, and when the defense of her homeland moved to the Fields of Justice, so did she.

Irelia – PL 10

Abilities
    Strength 5*/2, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 1

Advantages
    Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll x5, Fearless, Improved Critical: Bladesurge x4*, Improved Critical: Equilibrium Strike x4*, Improved Initiative x3, Move-by Action*, Trance, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
    Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 5 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 5 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 2 (+7)

Powers
    Hiten Style (9)
    . . Will to Fight: Enhanced Strength 3
    . . Will to Live: Regeneration 6 (Linked; Source [requires damage dealt to enemy this turn])

Ionian Blade Style (32)
    . . Bladesurge (30)
    . . . . Psychic Blade Slash: Strength-based Damage 3 (Linked; DC 23; Accurate 2 (+4), Multiattack, Selective; Improved Critical: Bladesurge x3
    . . . . Dashing Bamf: Teleport 2 (Linked; Change Direction; Move-by Action)
    . . Equilibrium Strike (1)
    . . . . Blade Thrust: Strength-based Damage 7 (Linked; DC 27; Penetrating 12; Improved Critical x4
    . . . . Stunning Strike: Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22 Fort; Limited Degree 1)
    . . Transcendent Blades (1)
    . . . . Flurry of Daggers: Burst Area Strength-based Blast 3 (Linked; Range 80/200/400; DC 23; Accurate 2 (+4), Multiattack, Selective, Diminished Range 1)
    . . . . True Will: Regeneration 4 (Linked; Stacks with Regeneration 6; Source [requires damage dealt to enemy this turn])

Ionian Fervor (5)
    . . Resolute Stand: Immunity 10 (Entrapment, Fatigue effects; Limited to Half Effect)

Offense
    Initiative +17
    Bladesurge: +12 / DC 23
    Equilibrium Strike (Blade Thrust): +8 / DC 27
    Equilibrium Strike (Stunning Strike): DC Fort 22
    Trancendent Blades: DC Doge 20 /DC 25
    Grab: +10 / DC 15
    Throw: +2 / DC 20
    Unarmed: +10 / DC 20

Complications

???
    ???

Defense
    Dodge 12, Parry 12, Fortitude 10, Toughness 8/3, Will 10

Power Points
    Abilities 54 + Powers 46 + Advantages 13 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 24 = 150

Version 2.0 added 7/26
Changed Transcendent Blades into a ranged Multi attack from a close blast
all powers slightly beefed, lowered some abilities and skills to do so
Last edited by WanderingMystic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Ryze Revamp

Postby WanderingMystic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 am

The halls of traditional study were never for Ryze, who felt a more raw and primal connection to the magic of Runeterra than those who tried to teach him. As a young man, he travelled the world, seeking the wisdom of powerful hermits, witches, and shamans. When he had learned all he could, Ryze turned to seek the lost, forgotten, and forbidden knowledge in the world. This led him to an ancient form of spellcraft known as thorn magic. This art required Ryze to tattoo spells on his body, infusing his being with vast arcane power. His travels also brought him to the giant indestructible scroll he carries on his back. The purpose of the inscribed spell is a secret only Ryze knows. However, he claims it is an abomination, something that he must safeguard from the world. Today, Ryze has joined the League of Legends to study the magical creatures and powerful will-workers that fight there, in order to complete his exploration of mystical Runeterra.

''There is no doubt. Ryze is no longer a mage - he has become a creature of magic.''

Ryze, the Rogue Mage - PL 10

Abilities
    Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 4

Advantages
    Accurate Attack*, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless,Improved Critical: Rune Prison x2*, Improved Critical: Spell Flux x4*, Improved Initiative x2*, Power Attack*, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Expertise (Magic)*, Trance

Skills
    Expertise (Magic) 16 (+20), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+10), Ranged Combat (Base Magical Abilities) 8 (+12), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)

Powers
    Arcane Mastery (3)
    . . Mystic Training: Enhanced Trait 3 (Advantages: Improved Initiative x2, Skill Mastery: Expertise Magic)

Desperate Power (24)
    . . Active (23)
    . . . . Explosive Power: Burst Area Blast 6 (Linked; Alternate Resistance: Will, Stacks with Magic Spells; Distracting)
    . . . . Spell Vamp: Regeneration 10 (Linked; Sustained; Source: must deal damage)
    . . Passive (1)
    . . . . More Mana: Blast 6 (Alternate Resistance: Will, Stacks with Magic Spells; Accurate Attack, Power Attack, )

Magic Spells (24)
    . . Overload (22)
    . . . . Pure Mystical Energy: Blast 4+6 (DC 25; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range: perception)
    . . Rune Prison (1)
    . . . . Prison Damage: Blast 2+6 (Linked; Range 80/200/400; DC 23; Alternate Resistance: Will, Diminished Range 1; Improved Critical x2)
    . . . . Rune Cage: Affliction 8 (Linked; Range 80/200/400; 1st degree: Hindered, Dazed, 2nd degree: Immobile, Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Diminished Range 1, Limited Degree)
    . . Spell Flux (1)
    . . . . Bouncing Orb: Blast 0+6 (Linked; Range 60/150/300; DC 21; Accurate 1, Multiattack [6 extra ranks]; Diminished Range 1, Improved Critical x4)
    . . . . Mystic Weakening: Weaken 6 (Linked; Range 60/150/300; Affects: Will, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Accurate 1, Increased Range: range, Mulitattack; Diminished Range 1)

Offense
    Initiative +9
    Explosive Power: Dodge DC 18 / DC 21 Will
    Grab: +3 / DC 10
    Overload: Perception / DC 25 Will
    Rune Prison (Prison Damage): +12 / DC 23 Will
    Rune Prison (Rune Cage): +12 / DC 18 Will
    Spell Flux (Bouncing Orb): +14 / DC 21 Will
    Spell Flux (Mystic Weakening): +14 / DC 16 Will
    Throw: +4 (DC 15)
    Unarmed: +3 (DC 15)

Complications
    Obsession: Ryze is consumed with the pursuit of magical knowledge
    Responsibility: Ryze carries one of the most powerful spells ever written on his back in a giant scroll and has chosen to guard it with his life.

Defense
    Dodge 10, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 4, Will 14

Power Points
    Abilities 52 + Powers 51 + Advantages 4 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 22 = 150

I tried not to change much with your Ryze, switched Accurate attack for Power Attack, added 4 ranks ranged: magic spells.
Now for Powers I completely overhauled what you had done
the main change is bringing out Overload and Spell Flux back to 2 spells.
Overload was made into a perception based spell, while Spell Flux linked weaken and blast. Instead of making Spell Flux multiattack ... (the reason why is I just found out that multiattack needs to have selective just like AoE's to not hit friendly targets) and instead gave him Takedown 2 to represent how it bounces from minion to minion, since he now was Power attack he should be able to really decimate minions with this ability.
I beefed up Rune prison damage and added an extra condition so it really stop the opponent.

Desperate Power I made an array outside of the Magic Spells
Pasive gives you +6 ranks to all your spells and pen 6 bringing them up to the levles seen
while active is tiring but give you a blast area burst 6 stacking with your magic spells, and regeneration 10
I gave the regeneration tiring and the burst Unreliable use 5, this way you can active Desperate power, then you can still use takedown without fear of becoming unconscious (activating a power with tiring several times in a round), and if you are using extra effort still be able to blast them with several spells

note: I really miss having Multiattack but if I wanted to keep the weaken then it would have costed me 32 points. As he stands Spell Flux is a great opener against main antagonist to weaken them, and decimates minions with takedown 2. Power attack real helps to damage high toughness foes but so dose the weaken. I kept the Accurate attack but dont think it is now as necessary since I made Overload a perception based attack that automatically hits.

Let me know what you think of my changes, the main reason I decided to do anything was because of the rules clarification I found out about Multiattack, and the lack of weaken and heath regen

Version 2.0 posted 7/26
Removed takedown in favor of Multiattack, lowers some ranges, made all attacks target Will
Last edited by WanderingMystic on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LoL 3e: Irelia, Kog'Maw, and some revised Champs

Postby JDRook » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 am

Yeah, these are good changes. I think I got seduced by the monstrous array I was making. :) I certainly didn't think to include Weaken for the magic resistance drop, and I'm not even sure if Ryze had Spell Vamp when I statted him.

I haven't been able to find that ruling on Selective for Multiattack, but I guess it makes sense. In my mind I was thinking that the Summoner's Rift would have its own house rules to allow for shared vision and no friendly fire (which makes sense story-wise since it's possible for mortal enemies to be fighting on the same team), so I didn't really bother much with Selective. In your setting, though, it would definitely be more of an issue.

You make really good use of the Stacks with option, possibly too good. I think what you're doing is legal, and it looks like you've covered all the extra ranks you'd need for modifiers, but applying the bonus to all the slots in an array just seems a little off. Then again, 2e had a power called Power Reserve that worked somewhat like that, so it's probably cool. Check with your GM.

(Incidentally, I'm thinking 2e would be better for a lot of the little detail-y differences in Champion powers, but I want to stick with 3e for now.)

The only real advantage Takedown 2 has over TD1 is that it allows you to move the attack between non-adjacent minions. The Spell Flux orbs, however, tend to hit the closest targets to you initial target, so I think TD1 is more appropriate to concept. Of course, TD only works on minions, so in practice you'd have to either have to target the Champion and hit only once (damage and weaken) or target the minions and kill as many as fail the Toughness resistance roll and are incap'd. Also, technically the Weaken works at max effect on minions in the same way if they fail the Will resistance, but since TD only triggers on incap, you would end up with a bunch of incap'd minions and maybe the last surviving one with a full Weaken on him (which would probably mean you could knock him down with a feather).

I've actually been thinking it might be easier to cut down on the damage+effect of a lot of the spells (for everyone, not just Ryze) and focus on the effects, both for simplicity and effectiveness. It's tricky with Ryze, since he's practically all damage, but trimming out the damage component on Spell Flux would probably allow you to do a Multi Selective Weaken that would be more in keeping with design. If we got daring and a little more complicated, that Weaken could be Flawed to resisting Magic-based toughness attacks only.

That's all that springs to mind atm. Keep up the good work!

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Re: LoL 3e: Irelia, Kog'Maw, and some revised Champs

Postby WanderingMystic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:24 pm

JDRook wrote:You make really good use of the Stacks with option, possibly too good. I think what you're doing is legal, and it looks like you've covered all the extra ranks you'd need for modifiers, but applying the bonus to all the slots in an array just seems a little off. Then again, 2e had a power called Power Reserve that worked somewhat like that, so it's probably cool. Check with your GM.

Yeah it is as legal and as cheep/munchkinie as Strength based damage effects. I could just build them as alt fires but it didnt feel right and this saved a whopping 3 points

The only real advantage Takedown 2 has over TD1 is that it allows you to move the attack between non-adjacent minions. The Spell Flux orbs, however, tend to hit the closest targets to you initial target, so I think TD1 is more appropriate to concept. Of course, TD only works on minions, so in practice you'd have to either have to target the Champion and hit only once (damage and weaken) or target the minions and kill as many as fail the Toughness resistance roll and are incap'd. Also, technically the Weaken works at max effect on minions in the same way if they fail the Will resistance, but since TD only triggers on incap, you would end up with a bunch of incap'd minions and maybe the last surviving one with a full Weaken on him (which would probably mean you could knock him down with a feather).
See with our GM I was afraid he would rule adjacent as right next to and I have seen it bounce a little ways thats why the takedown 2. As I wrote it, it is pretmy much either good for minion killing or for some damage and weakening a boss

I've actually been thinking it might be easier to cut down on the damage+effect of a lot of the spells (for everyone, not just Ryze) and focus on the effects, both for simplicity and effectiveness. It's tricky with Ryze, since he's practically all damage, but trimming out the damage component on Spell Flux would probably allow you to do a Multi Selective Weaken that would be more in keeping with design. If we got daring and a little more complicated, that Weaken could be Flawed to resisting Magic-based toughness attacks only.

That's all that springs to mind atm. Keep up the good work!

While I think it would be easier my PC would hate having the powers not dealing damage and just the effect. As it stands I think that all of the effects are useful as written, while they could be stronger feel more thematically appropriate.

After much concideration I am changing Ryze he feels to much like a not as atiquate KogMaw

Return to “Roll Call”