Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

We all make mistakes. Here's where you can tell us about ours.
Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Post DCA Heros and Villains Volume 1 Errata Here

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm

But additions are haaaarrrrrd... XD Thanks luketheduke86, it appears I can't do primary school mathematics for whatever it's worth.

Anyhow, let's try my luck (or the brain) with Brainiac's bioshell, shall we?

3 + 0 + 28 (Spd ranks assumed to be Flight) + 8 + 5 + 8 + 20 + 44 + 1 + 60 + 6 + 45 = 228. lolwat?

Therefore, we can either assume: Bio-shell cannot fly (and therefore the point cost total is supposed to be 214); or, Brainiac needs 3 more ranks in Equipment.

Note: H&V Brainiac's Bio-shell has Def score of -2, as opposed to -10 for DCA.

Cryptic
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Cryptic » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:
Cryptic wrote:I can't imagine what sort of animal he'd imitate to raise his unarmed damage up to a +14 to warrant a PL 11.

Other than the opportunity to get beat up by actual PL 11 villains, what does Animal Man get out of being PL 11? It serves no purpose.

Animal Man's PL 11 serves the same purpose any other character's PL serves. It shows the limits of his traits. Any player worth their salt can easily turn 40 points worth of Variable into making him a PL 11.

I was thinking more of what sort of animal he could imitate to get his strength damage up to a 14, or any of his defenses up to PL, given his descriptors. Sure, if variable were without limits the build would make sense but variable has to have a limiting factor.

As a GM I would have interpreted that limiting factor as gorillas, tigers, sharks, etc. I didn't realize he had gone cosmic until I read the bio.

Now PL 11 makes more sense with "any animal in the universe", instead of "any animal on Earth," but it doesn't seem like much of a limitation on variable any more. No reasonable kind of limitation at all.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Saltcrow wrote:But additions are haaaarrrrrd... XD Thanks luketheduke86, it appears I can't do primary school mathematics for whatever it's worth.

:lol: No problem.

Saltcrow wrote:Anyhow, let's try my luck (or the brain) with Brainiac's bioshell, shall we?

3 + 0 + 28 (Spd ranks assumed to be Flight) + 8 + 5 + 8 + 20 + 44 + 1 + 60 + 6 + 45 = 228. lolwat?

Therefore, we can either assume: Bio-shell cannot fly (and therefore the point cost total is supposed to be 214); or, Brainiac needs 3 more ranks in Equipment.

Note: H&V Brainiac's Bio-shell has Def score of -2, as opposed to -10 for DCA.

Hmm... I just looked over it again and came up with 210 again. Let's see here:

5(size increase to awesome) + 28 (flight) + 8 (raise defense to -2) + 5 (toughness increase) + 8 (extra limbs) + 20 (Impervious) + 44 (missiles) + 1 (remote) + 40 (shrink ray) + 6 (space travel) + 45 (teleport) = 210

I think the Shrink Ray is the problem here and I think it needs more details laid out. Based on the descriptor I'm assuming it's just Shrinking with the ranged extra, but what defense is supposed to be used against it? At the same time in his description it mentions how he's used the Shrink Ray to shrink down whole cities, yet it doesn't have an area of effect... I think we need a judges ruling on this lol. Either way neither one of us is getting it to come up to 219. :wink:
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:20 pm

One tiny little thing though- all vehicles start at Huge size so bringing it up to Awesome would be whoopin' 3 points!

For the Shrinking Ray, I calculated the cost as: Shrinking Ray: ranged [+1] shrinking (2pp/rank) attack [+0] 20- 60pp. Yeah... Shrinking got errata'd to 2pp/rank while Growth was left as-waz, heh. If you got the pdf version of it, you can re-download it from GR shop to get the one with the proper errata'd materials.

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Saltcrow wrote:One tiny little thing though- all vehicles start at Huge size so bringing it up to Awesome would be whoopin' 3 points!

For the Shrinking Ray, I calculated the cost as: Shrinking Ray: ranged [+1] shrinking (2pp/rank) attack [+0] 20- 60pp. Yeah... Shrinking got errata'd to 2pp/rank while Growth was left as-waz, heh. If you got the pdf version of it, you can re-download it from GR shop to get the one with the proper errata'd materials.

Oh duh, I keep forgetting about the Shrinking errata (which I disagree with since it makes it too expensive for what you get out of it IMO) thanks for the catch. I've looked in both books and they state that vehicles start at medium siz,e so it would be 5 points making his total equipment cost 230 and requiring 3 more ranks of equipment. Of course this means that his total should actually be 303. Sigh... Brainiac is making my brain hurt... :|
A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:19 pm

You are absolutely correct in saying that the vehicles start as Medium. I just got myself confused with the vehicle size categories table which lists Huge as 0 (as in, Size rank 0 in the measurements table). My bad XD

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 am

Batgirl (Babs) (page 43) has a Stamina 3 and Defensive roll 2. This would give her a Toughness 5/3. She's listed as a 4/2. With the 5 she would PL 10. You could reduce her defensive roll by 1 to make her 4/3 and still be pl 9.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Similarly Harley Quinn is listed as Toughness 6/3, but her stamina and advantages suggest she would be 7/3.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:36 pm

This is more critique than errata (unless there is a mistake) but should Harley really be +15 with guns? She beats Batman with a Batarang and Deadshot with guns. She matches Ollie's skill with a bow!

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:43 pm

ZombieGenesis wrote:Harley Quinn: It looks like her ranks in Equipment and Defensive Roll have been swapped. The math works out if you switch them to Defensive Roll 3 and Equipment 4.

And I apparently missed this.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:The Legion members all have a problem with their Equipment-its purchased with the Removable flaw, but the removable flaw doesn't work with Equipment. Equipment costs the effect of the power, in equipment points. Its already a huge cost break anyway-for 1 point you get 5 points of effect. So the telepathic plugs should cost 10 points, the transsuit 9 points. I'm not sure about the rings. If the Flaw on the Communication power is a -3, which seems very high, but it might qualify I guess, then they cost 28 points.

All in all, that's 61 points, or 13 ranks in the Equipment advantage, which would increase the total cost of every legion member by 7.

Since the Flight Ring is a Device for Booster Gold, then shouldn't they be for the Legionnaires? Then again, they might be like iPods in the 31st Century. Just walk into a Best Buy and pick on up.

UnkindMirror
Overlord
Overlord

Postby UnkindMirror » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Should Captain Boomerang's Boomerangs array be Removable? It's listed under a Powers header, instead of an Equipment header. He has no Equipment Advantage, or anything that would indicate he doesn't simply grow boomerangs as needed.

If it's not meant to be Removable or Equipment, I'd expect some sort of Power Loss Complication.

Talison
Partisan
Partisan

Postby Talison » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

UnkindMirror wrote:Should Captain Boomerang's Boomerangs array be Removable? It's listed under a Powers header, instead of an Equipment header. He has no Equipment Advantage, or anything that would indicate he doesn't simply grow boomerangs as needed.

If it's not meant to be Removable or Equipment, I'd expect some sort of Power Loss Complication.

Boomerangs aren't removable, they come right back. :P

luketheduke86
Hero
Hero

Postby luketheduke86 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:36 pm

I know some of Atrocitus' cost errors were mentioned before but they didn't really go into too many specifics so... His ring is stated as costing 87 (with no mention of it being removable) and his Powers total is shown as only 75 :|. If you add up his ring's powers it comes to 119 meaning his total should be 122, now if it is supposed to be Removable then his ring should cost 95 points with a Powers total of 98. Also his skills should be 17 points not 12.

Foreshadow
Hero
Hero

Postby Foreshadow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Deathstroke lists as Unarmed +18, +8 damage. He has strength 7. Does he use brass knuckles? or something like that. Wouldn't it be better just to have him with a +19 unarmed, +7 damage? Yet, his skill is close combat 2 (+17), with 15 fgt. So wouldn't he have +17 unarmed, 7 damage unless I'm missing something.

Return to “Errata”