LoL 3e: More Champs! Udyr, Maokai, and Nunu!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

League of Legends 3e: Nasus, Curator of the Sands

Postby JDRook » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Nasus, The Curator of the Sands
The enigmatic creature known as Nasus came to the League from a faraway world, and served as part of a vast and learned desert empire. There he was a respected and enlightened individual, having been made the Keeper of the Great Library. However, he was also part of a race of animalistic creatures that served as the rulers and protectors of the people. War was never more than a breath away, as others of his kind craved to enslave the people and claim totalitarian sovereignty. In the midst of a heated battle, just as Nasus was about to slay his treacherous brother Renekton, he was summoned to Runeterra. It didn't take much to convince him that Champions were needed to fight against the injustice here and he took up a place in the League of Legends. These days, he is the Keeper of the Sands, feeling most at home in the crumbling ruins of the Shurima Desert.

''The Keeper of the Sands, though contemplative, is not to be trifled with.''

Nasus - QCG - PL 10

Strength 7/9, Stamina 8/10, Agility 6, Dexterity 4, Fighting 8, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Improved Critical: Siphoning Strike, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6/8 (+15), Expertise: Library Sciences 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 6 (+8)

Powers
Fury of the Sands
. . Furious Size: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses; Tiring)
. . Sandstorm: Burst Area Damage 5 (DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Duration 2: sustained; Tiring)
Siphoning Polearm (Easily Removable)
. . Siphoning Strike: Damage 10 (DC 25; Multiattack; Custom: Multiattack ranks increase 1 per kill)
. . . . Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 27; Penetrating 7)
Soul Eater: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Source: Must do combat damage that round)
Spirit Fire
. . Armor Reduction: Burst Area Weaken 5 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 15; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
. . Damage: Burst Area Damage 5 (Linked; DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Increased Duration 2: sustained; Quirk: Triggers in one round)
Wither: Progressive Weaken 5 (Affects: Speed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 15; Progressive, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +6
Armor Reduction: Burst Area Weaken 5 (DC Fort 15)
Damage: Burst Area Damage 5 (DC 20)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 3, +8 (DC 27)
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 19)
Sandstorm: Burst Area Damage 5 (DC 20)
Siphoning Strike: Damage 10, +8 (DC 25)
Throw, +4 (DC 24)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 24)
Wither: Progressive Weaken 5, +4 (DC Fort 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10/9, Parry 10/9, Fortitude 10/12, Toughness 8/10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 78 + Advantages 4 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 190

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!
:arrow: Nasus is pretty powerful, with his powers all based around weakening the enemy and drawing their strength to himself, all wrapped up in mysterious Egyptian style.
:arrow: Again used the QCG for a base, which is turning out to be good for inspiration, but it makes it tough to downgrade his traits after to fit in all of his spells. (Discipline is needed!) I used the Warrior - Otherworldly for his base abilities and mix-and-matched from there.
:arrow: He's a little thin on skills and advantages, so he' comes off a bit powerhousy.
:arrow: His powers were difficult to justify arraying since most are ongoing effects, so I've kept them separate. This has driven his cost up immensely, but even with an array I had trouble getting him to 150, so I've let it go on this one with hopes of coming back to it.
:arrow: I simulated his passive, Soul Eater, with Regen 10 flawed to require him to do combat damage each round, defined as a minimum 1 degree success effect. I had played with the idea of Healing limited in rank to amount of damage success like a modified check required, but that would require a standard action, and it would get rid of staggered and stunned first, and it was just too complex to be worth doing every attack. This seemed the simplest way to simulate the "lifesteal" effect of it.
:arrow: Siphoning Strike was also tricky, since it progressively does more damage with every kill. This was tricky to make fit into a fixed PL, but Multiattack flawed to start at zero rank and increase with every kill seemed a good system. Early on killing minions wouldn't have a noticeable effect on damage, but after 5 kills the investment starts to pay off.
:arrow: Wither is possibly the most effective single-target slow in the game with an immediate 35% drop in speed followed by additional losses every second for 5 seconds. Progressive Weaken (Speed) seemed the way to go. Note that in a 3e game, a power like this could even be effective against speedsters, although anyone with an Age Immunity should by rights be unaffected.
:arrow: Spirit Fire is arguably Nasus's best ability, which is saying something. A Burst Damage effect with an Armor Weakening component has a lot of application. but is best for changing the odds in team battles. The "brief delay" after casting I've only made a Quirk, since enemies may be able to see that SF has been cast, but have no indication where. In 3e combat, a perceptive opponent might be quick enough to go on the defense and/or get some cover.
:arrow: Despite his absurd costs, Nasus actually functions as a PL 9 and a pretty balanced one at that, although a fully charged Siphoning Strike does push PL. Fury of the Sands bumps him up to 10 quite effectively with a little Growth. The Sandstorm covers the math-intensive "dealing 3/4/5 (+0.01)% of nearby enemies' health each second (240 damage max per second) as magic damage and converting it into bonus attack damage" with a simple low rank Sustained damage effect, which of course is still triggering his Soul Eater.
:arrow: All in all, I think Nasus would make a fantastic end-boss for a game, or at least a really high-ranking bodyguard for your main villain.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

League of Legends 3e: Warwick, The Blood Hunter

Postby JDRook » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Warwick, The Blood Hunter
Warwick counted himself amongst the most powerful and revered men in his home city-state of Zaun. Over the course of his infamous career as an alchemist, Warwick won many honors for his craft, not the least of which was a lucrative offer for service in the Noxian military during their campaigns against Ionia. Sequestered in his labs far from the front lines, Warwick and his apprentice Singed toiled relentlessly to manufacture all manner of appalling concoctions for the Noxian army. So potent was his art that even the greatest of Ionia's healers - under the leadership of the Starchild Soraka - struggled to combat the poisons and chemical weapons generated by his despicable mind. Warwick's reign of terror grew so horrific that his very name became a curse in the eyes of his Ionian foes, and they began referring to him only as ''the Deathmaker.''

But even one under the protection of the Noxian High Command is not wholly beyond the reach of retribution. For as Soraka strode across the myriad of death and destruction left in the wake of one of Warwick's chemical attacks, her heart finally gave way. She called down the wrath of the cosmos on Warwick, wishing that his form should mirror the cruelty in his heart - a curse that would come at the price of her aspiring divinity. Within his laboratory, a terrible thirst took hold over Warwick. As his apprentice looked on in horror, Warwick threw open the doors to his bastion and sprinted off towards parts unknown, a bloodcurdling howling marking his passage. He had become a werewolf; a wild, murderous beast. Today, the Blood Hunter fights for Noxus within the League of Legends... thankful of the curse that his now-mortal enemy bestowed upon him.

''The rage of the beast now compliments his predatory spirit.'' -- Singed, the Mad Chemist, upon witnessing his master's transformation

Warwick - QCG Supernatural - PL 10

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Evasion, Great Endurance, Inspire, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+20/+12), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12), Expertise: Alchemy 4 (+4), Intimidation 12 (+13), Perception 6 (+8)

Powers
Blood Scent: Enhanced Trait 4 (Traits: Athletics +8 (+20); Custom: Must smell blood of injured enemy)
Eternal Thirst: Regeneration 10 (Every 1 round; Source: must attack to heal)
Infinite Duress
. . Damage: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Multiattack [6 extra ranks])
. . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour; Tiring)
. . Suppress Target: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered, Dazed, 2nd degree: Immobile, Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition, Increased Duration 2: sustained; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Tiring)
Sharp Claws (Penetrating 5)
Thick Skin
. . Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 10 (Limited: Not versus magical or silver weapons)
. . Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Wolf Senses: Senses 6 (Acute: Scent, Danger Sense: Scent, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 2: full speed, Ultra-hearing)
Wolf's Maw
. . Hungering Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Reach (melee) 8: 40 ft.)
. . Hunter's Call: Perception Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Perception Area; Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +4
Damage: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 23)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 16)
Hungering Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 23)
Hunter's Call: Perception Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Suppress Target: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Fort 20)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 21)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 11, Toughness 10, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 58 + Powers 60 + Advantages 5 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 158

:arrow: Seriously, who doesn't like werewolves? Like Nasus, Warwick is a big badass close-range fighter with a regenerative effect based directly on how much he fights. He's also known as being one of the best "junglers" in LoL, leaving the lanes and fighting NPC creatures in the jungle for gold and buffs. Despite this loner specialization, his Hunter's Call is one of the better team effects available.
:arrow: I used Sentinel's Mongrel in addition to the QCG in order to get some Warwick's basic traits as a werewolf. Abilities are for the QCG Werewolf, and skills are a combination, with Intimidation being a big factor in Warwick's new feral form. His former life as an alchemist is almost completely swamped out and his Intellect dropped to average human (or very cunning animal), but I gave him some ranks in Expertise: Alchemy to keep that connection.
:arrow: His advantages, except Inspire, are also QCG, chosen based on his personality as described in his background.
:arrow: Again like Nasus, it was difficult to array his spells for point efficiency, and even the one I did may be unnecessary, but they are a little easier to stat with some tweaking.
:arrow: His passive Eternal Thirst currently works almost identically to Nasus's Soul Eater, which bothers me a bit, since in-game they operate quite differently: SE basically turns a percentage of damage into healing, whereas ET heals a small fixed amount with every attack, which doubles and triples with every attack on the same target. That makes Warwick's regen more effective when focussing on single targets, whereas Nasus can wing around and hit anybody, ideally last-hitting to feed his Siphoning Strike. Translated to 3e, the effects aren't granular enough to make that much difference, but I may need to revisit both of these if I want to design more toward their playstyle.
:arrow: Hungering Strike is a simple attack, but conceptually weird. It's a big damage self-healing attack (for simplicity the healing is covered by Eternal Thirst) with a bit of range. It's supposed to be a bite, but this would make it a bite that stretches waaay out from Warwick and then snaps back. It's distance 400 in-game which I translate to roughly 40' and just made that a reach. I made it an array with Hunter's Call called Wolf's Maw because the only similarity between the effects was that they come from his mouth.
:arrow: As I mentioned before, Hunter's Call is a nice team effect, increasing everyone's attack speed. I deem this best simulated with Inspire, but that costs a HP every time, so I flipped the effect and had it effectively strike a little fear into all opponents as an Impairing/Disable Affliction with Area Perception (Hearing). I did keep one rank of Inspire, but I think I may remove it, since his character seems less leader-like in his current form, even among the Noxians.
:arrow: Blood Scent was interesting since most Champions don't bother with sensory powers, and the speed boost translation is kind of fun. I made it an Athletics boost to PL cap, just to allow easy rolls for faster running, but the broad application of Athletics also makes Warwick a better climber, jumper and swimmer as long as he's in pursuit of prey, which would make for quite a chase. :)
:arrow: Infinite Duress is a pure single-target attack Ultimate. Warwick leaps on a target (in-game it's so fast it looks like a teleport) and "suppresses" them, which I've defined as a Stunning/Immobilizing Affliction, and then hits them several times before they're released. It's pretty devastating, but the Tiring and Instant Recovery on the suppression should keep it from being abused.
:arrow: The remaining powers like Sharp Claws, Thick Skin and a few of the Senses are from QCG and Mongrel, rounding Warwick out to make him balanced and interesting. I may still need to shave some things down, though, in an attempt to get rid of those 8 points over.
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: League of Legends 3e: The Summoner

Postby JDRook » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 pm

One character that's in every League of Legends game but is never seen in the Summoner. That's because it's you (and 9 of your closest friends/mortal enemies/random strangers/AIs). Being the Summoner is kind of a meta-role, since the Summoner is the one that calls up and controls the Champion. It's possible to have access (ie earned or purchased) several champions, but they are all controlled (one at a time) by the Summoner. And now that I have enough Champions to conceivably run a 5v5 match (!!!) I figured it was time to show this unsung hero.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Summoner

Summoner (basic) - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 4

Advantages
Defensive Roll 4, Ritualist

Skills
Expertise: Magic 6 (+10), Perception 4 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6)

Powers
Summoner Spells: Variable 12 (Slow, Custom: Only two spells at any one time)
. . Summon Champion: Summon 10 (Alternate; Heroic, Mental Link, Controlled)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +2 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 17)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/4, Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 48 + Powers 61 + Advantages 5 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 29 = 150

:arrow: You will marvel at its simplicity. That's because rather than make the list of Summoner Spells that are available (some of which require a high level to access) and build an array that could not only hold them but permit the use of 2 (and only 2) for each match, I went with a slightly modified Magical Mastery Variable effect, arrayed the actual Summon spell off of that, and filled in the blanks with the QCG. The exact fit to PL10/150p was a little surprising.
:arrow: For the curious, this build is just the Summoner > Imaginary Friend stream. The 10pt special ability is essentially the Magical Mastery, but it could have been the Invisible option to fit the concept, since all Summoning, spellcasting and combat essentially happens at a distance.
:arrow: There are 13 Summoner Spells, and after trying out statting them most are 30pt or under, so the Variable with room for 60pt should be adequate. I'll come back to this in future to fill them out in Power Settings.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Re: League of Legends 3e: Warwick, The Blood Hunter

Postby WanderingMystic » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 am

Hey I was wondering if you had been thinking anymore on this topic. My group has just started a M&M campaign and one of the players wanted to play a summoner (he is big into LoL at the moment) and I found your post.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 am

WanderingMystic wrote:Hey I was wondering if you had been thinking anymore on this topic. My group has just started a M&M campaign and one of the players wanted to play a summoner (he is big into LoL at the moment) and I found your post.

Thanks for your interest! I could talk a lot about this topic. :) It really depends on how literal a translation you'd want to make of an LoL summoner and how you'd like to GM those effects. Allowing the player's Summoner to be in some untouchable elsewhere while they throw summoned Champions out into the world as their eyes, ears, and fists is very similar to what's called the "Bathroom Psychic" character, and generally not recommended for players.

I can go into more details later. I feel like I'm going to say a lot and I don't have time to write it all down at the moment.

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 pm

Well he has already been told that his summons will have a close proximity to him, few hundred feet. He will have a stable of summons (we think 3 [tank, dps, caster/support] but DM has not told us one way or the other however we know that he thinks having access to all of the ones known at will is to versatile but can understand having lots just choosing which will be the best for the adventure ) that he chooses at the beginning of a mission, he wants to eventually learn all 73 hero's, but will have to learn them in game, not sure how but might work thematically like FF summons where he has to hunt down the Hero and defeat it before he can summon it (some way to show him buying new champions). Right now he is building he Summoner based off of your Summoner design altho he has been told that the summoning power will cost him 71 points not 61
rank 10
base cost of 2 per rank
Controlled +1 per rank
Heroic +2 per rank
Variable Type +2 per rank
Mental Link +1
Total 7x10 +1 = 71

Also his spells will be purchased using the Magic ability.

Worse case scenario he will start out with one summons, then buy variable type +1 (tanks, or dps, spellcaster, ect) Then finally buy Variable type +2 (all heroes)

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:00 pm

WanderingMystic wrote:Well he has already been told that his summons will have a close proximity to him, few hundred feet.

That's good. One interesting thematic option could be that he has to see the Champion and his surroundings for it to fight effectively, much like in-game. Strictly speaking, Mental Link is not a Sensory link, so it's like he can give commands and sense the champ's location and even his basic surroundings (much like the LoL minimap) but he can't literally see through the champ's senses or see details of the area unless he's in a position to look at it (like the top-down in-game view). Essentially the champ would need the summoner to be able to perceive the champ and its battle area, otherwise it would be like fighting blind (or possibly under its own control/choices, like in-game AI). This means the Summoner would need to be close enough to oversee battles or have something in place to allow him to see, like some Remote Sensing magic or devices.

Side effects of this limitation could be that the Champion can target things behind himself or even around cover if the Summoner can see the target. On the other hand, if the target hides from the Summoner's POV, or moves out of visual range, or the Summoner is sufficiently distracted, the Champion is fighting blind (or uncontrolled). This may not be want your player or GM want, but I'm just putting it out there. :)

WanderingMystic wrote:He will have a stable of summons (we think 3 [tank, dps, caster/support] but DM has not told us one way or the other however we know that he thinks having access to all of the ones known at will is to versatile but can understand having lots just choosing which will be the best for the adventure ) that he chooses at the beginning of a mission, he wants to eventually learn all 73 hero's, but will have to learn them in game, not sure how but might work thematically like FF summons where he has to hunt down the Hero and defeat it before he can summon it (some way to show him buying new champions).

I certainly wouldn't recommend more than 3-5 Champions in the stable, at least to start. Flexibility is good, but too many options just bogs things down. Also, the player will probably find he only has a handful of favourites anyway and just uses those.

Limiting the summoning to only at the beginning of missions is good. For roleplay purposes, the easiest way to enforce this is to say the summoning ritual itself takes a particularly long time (like an hour, maybe several) instead of the default standard action. This gives the option to allow the player to change Champions during a particularly long mission if need be. He might also be allow to "jury-rig" a summoning mid-mission in exchange for a hero point. Under standard jury-rigging ritual times, it would take about 15 minutes to cast. Mechanically, I'd allow a Slow Flaw on the Summon for something like this, but it's your GM's call.

I actually love the idea of him collecting Champions as part of his character's story. In LoL continuity, most of the champions are volunteers who make themselves available to the League for various personal and political reasons. I don't know the setting of your game, but if that player is the only Summoner (or maybe one of a small group) in existence, maybe he needs to personally appeal to each Champion through various means (persuasion, appeals to honour/duty/thrills/bloodlust, bribing, threats, etc) to get them to become his summons, which could allow for some great roleplaying.

Speaking of roleplay, that brings up another aspect of translating the game. Controlled summons as per RAW "have no free will of their own and are completely under your direction." For LoL, this literally turns them into fighting machines, unable to do anything else, which can be fun for a while but I find a little unsatisfying. On the other hand, default-level Summons are actually helpful (RAW:Will take risks to help or protect you) so it's completely workable to remove the Controlled Extra and still have a fully functional Champion character. That's why with most of my conversions (moreso with the earlier stuff) I tried to give them a little character and motivation to make them interesting. Ashe is probably the best example of this, largely since I used DCA Green Arrow as a base. I actually see her personality-wise as closer to Wonder Woman, particularly in the diplomatic/political stream. As a player, it could mean roleplaying two characters, and it could get interesting if the Summoner and Champion disagree. Something like this could draw a lot of game focus, though, so a possible happy medium could be keeping the Controlled Extra but have the Champions keep their personalities and occasionally "disobey orders" as a Complication. Some examples:

- Cho'Gath breaks control and starts trying to eat civilians - Hero Point
- Master Yi refuses to fight during a battle inside a monastery - Hero Point
- Twisted Fate starts flirting with a villainness and doesn't want to hurt her - Hero Point

Again, this will depend a lot on how the GM wants the game to work.

WanderingMystic wrote:Right now he is building he Summoner based off of your Summoner design altho he has been told that the summoning power will cost him 71 points not 61
rank 10
base cost of 2 per rank
Controlled +1 per rank
Heroic +2 per rank
Variable Type +2 per rank
Mental Link +1
Total 7x10 +1 = 71

Also his spells will be purchased using the Magic ability.

Worse case scenario he will start out with one summons, then buy variable type +1 (tanks, or dps, spellcaster, ect) Then finally buy Variable type +2 (all heroes)

That all looks fine to me. Just keep in mind the suggestions from above.

As for when I'll post more, I've got a lot more time now, so I may post more soon. On the other hand, I seem to have lost all my herolab portfolio files, so it may take some time to rebuild them.

Cheers!

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 pm

JDRook wrote:That's good. One interesting thematic option could be that he has to see the Champion and his surroundings for it to fight effectively, much like in-game. Strictly speaking, Mental Link is not a Sensory link, so it's like he can give commands and sense the champ's location and even his basic surroundings (much like the LoL minimap) but he can't literally see through the champ's senses or see details of the area unless he's in a position to look at it (like the top-down in-game view). Essentially the champ would need the summoner to be able to perceive the champ and its battle area, otherwise it would be like fighting blind (or possibly under its own control/choices, like in-game AI). This means the Summoner would need to be close enough to oversee battles or have something in place to allow him to see, like some Remote Sensing magic or devices.

Side effects of this limitation could be that the Champion can target things behind himself or even around cover if the Summoner can see the target. On the other hand, if the target hides from the Summoner's POV, or moves out of visual range, or the Summoner is sufficiently distracted, the Champion is fighting blind (or uncontrolled). This may not be want your player or GM want, but I'm just putting it out there. :)

I love that Idea, I will suggest it when i see him on Friday

JDRook wrote:maybe he needs to personally appeal to each Champion through various means (persuasion, appeals to honour/duty/thrills/bloodlust, bribing, threats, etc) to get them to become his summons, which could allow for some great roleplaying.

Yeah our GM will defenatly prefer using persuasion, bribery and cunning to get the summons to work for you over raw might

JDRook wrote:- Cho'Gath breaks control and starts trying to eat civilians - Hero Point
- Master Yi refuses to fight during a battle inside a monastery - Hero Point
- Twisted Fate starts flirting with a villainness and doesn't want to hurt her - Hero Point

Even with the controlled aspect, the DM will see to it that the summons dose things the way they want to. he views Summons in general along the concept of a Genni and a carefully worded wish, I dont know if the PC has realized this but he knows him well enough that he should. The DM is a LoL player as well so knows the backstories of alot of them and how they would act

JDRook wrote:As for when I'll post more, I've got a lot more time now, so I may post more soon. On the other hand, I seem to have lost all my herolab portfolio files, so it may take some time to rebuild them.

Well with that I can always help, I am fairly good when it comes to number crunching and character building , however I am the only one of my friends not playing LoL (hate PvP and groups unless im just playing with my friends) so I dont know what they should be able to do. altho Dr Mundo, have peaked my interest, actualy several champions have made me a bit interested (Fiddlesticks, Galio, and Singed) they did a great job on givign them a unique flavor.

Murkglow
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Murkglow » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:42 am

I was reading your Katarina build and you mentioned you couldn't find the art you wanted. Here is a page that has a very impressive collection of official League art both form the US servers and the Asian ones.

http://lolwallpaper.blogspot.com/

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 am

WanderingMystic wrote: Well with that I can always help, I am fairly good when it comes to number crunching and character building , however I am the only one of my friends not playing LoL (hate PvP and groups unless im just playing with my friends) so I dont know what they should be able to do. altho Dr Mundo, have peaked my interest, actualy several champions have made me a bit interested (Fiddlesticks, Galio, and Singed) they did a great job on givign them a unique flavor.
\

I certainly have no problem with you posting builds in this thread if you like, and maybe knocking interpretation ideas back and forth. I haven't had a game to apply these builds to, so a lot of this is just me theorizing. I've also noticed that my later builds have less personality and more detail-y mechanics than the earlier ones, so I may be going too far in that direction, since my original goal was to make PLAYABLE conversions. So feel free to put a few up and we can make them good. :)

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:28 am

Murkglow wrote:I was reading your Katarina build and you mentioned you couldn't find the art you wanted. Here is a page that has a very impressive collection of official League art both form the US servers and the Asian ones.

http://lolwallpaper.blogspot.com/

Thank, Murk! I had actually found some of the new Kat art online yesterday, but that site is much better than anything I've stumbled across. I'll put this in the resource index.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Hiecaro
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Hiecaro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Hey. Just wanted to say, what a great job you've been doing with the champions. I'm WanderingMystic's LoL playing friend, and am going to be playing a Summoner in an upcoming campaign. I'd love to apply my creative brain to help how I can with such champs as Irelia, Soraka, Zilean, and pretty much any others I can make, though I will admit, my knowledge base of M&M is pretty low.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks, Hiecaro! As I said, I'm all for people posting their own interpretations of Champions. I've been playing with the system a lot since 2nd edition, so I've got a lot of the crunch of the game down, but now I'm trying to make sure I don't mechanic the fun right out of it. DCA/MnM3e focuses a bit more on streamlining the details, which is something I constantly find myself going back to when looking at the various abilities. Seeing how other people do it can give me another perspective, or at the very least allow me to show off my incredibly narrow knowledge. :)

I'd also be curious to see/hear what you do with the Summoner character itself. For obvious reasons, there's no real focus on the Summoner in LoL since all the action is in the Champions. Presumably you'll give him/her some kind of motivations and personality, and hopefully make some changes to the very basic summoner I posted.

Doing more support characters like Soraka and Zilean is definitely on my list. I pushed for the ones I have so far because I thought it would be interesting to "play out" the Season One Intro video and see how the mechanics work out. Warwick was the last one, even though he doesn't get much of a chance to showcase in the video. Hopefully I'll get that done in the next week or so. Could be quite instructional for everybody, including me!

My Rules Musings in 3e

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Ok so here are my thoughts so far.

Alistar: Just to make sure Strength and Courageis a 30 point array. Headbutt bothers me, 1st you don't need the accurate +2 as you are dealing +2 damage for moving your full speed but unless I am mistaken you still cannot exceed caps. Since you have so many unspent points for this attack in the array I would add penetration.
Over all healing is dramatically overpowered (by the rules but still over powered) and personally I have a bit of problems having it in the array with the attack powers.
Might changes favored foe to improved Smash

Annie, well from the start Annie can not be used by a summoner as she has a summons. I would change Tibbers into a Ranged damaging cloud which just looks like the bear, the summoning is perfect it is just to powerful for a summons to have summoning.

Amumu is just amazing, I love him

Ashe Enchanted Arrow breaks power caps for a PL 10 character. How ever base arrows should have a higher damage

Unfortunately the further I look the more I am finding things which break power caps, remember Area attacks have a PL of 10 for these characters as you have designed them

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 am

WanderingMystic wrote:Ok so here are my thoughts so far.

Alistar: Just to make sure Strength and Courageis a 30 point array. Headbutt bothers me, 1st you don't need the accurate +2 as you are dealing +2 damage for moving your full speed but unless I am mistaken you still cannot exceed caps. Since you have so many unspent points for this attack in the array I would add penetration.

That was intentional. If you look back at my conversion notes, I said I was going to make a few of their powers break PL caps, usually for their Ultimates, and Alistar was my first build, so I was trying that out. Now that I've done a few, I can see PL-breaking isn't really necessary for good effect. Penetrating is an excellent alternative for the Headbutt, though. I also made an alternate build of Alistar here using the Quick Character Generator from the GM kit, and that build includes a Headbutt with a linked Move Object to simulate Knockback more effectively.

WanderingMystic wrote:Over all healing is dramatically overpowered (by the rules but still over powered) and personally I have a bit of problems having it in the array with the attack powers.
Might changes favored foe to improved Smash

You don't know the half of it. Not only is Alistar's Healing stupidly overpowered, it's actually COMPLETELY USELESS on minions. Under Minion Rules, any failed resistance rolls means maximum effect, so you can't bruise or stun a minion, you either miss or incapacitate them. Since incap = dead in-game, Healing as defined doesn't work on minions. To overcome that, I kludged together a Fading Toughness on the QCG Alistar build and made notes there if you want more details.
The thing is, that particular power just hooks on how I play Alistar in LoL, shoring up creeps and spamming Roars to help me take down towers. If you're not using minions in your game, you don't need to worry about that, and altering Tri-Roar is completely reasonable, dropping it a few ranks and maybe getting more Inspire.
Smash is a neat option, but it's specifically for targeting held objects, and IMO doesn't fit with taking out buildings. You could house-rule that Alistar makes an Tactics roll and enough degrees of success can get him +2 or +5 effect on building attacks, or buy that as a Feature.

WanderingMystic wrote:Annie, well from the start Annie can not be used by a summoner as she has a summons. I would change Tibbers into a Ranged damaging cloud which just looks like the bear, the summoning is perfect it is just to powerful for a summons to have summoning.

Making Tibbers a damaging cloud is a great workaround, but has a few other issues. If he's a mobile area effect, he'll be a little costly: 8-10 damage plus Cloud Extra and Ranged or at least some Reach is going to cost more than the current summon unless you put it in the Fire Attacks array, and then you'll need to keep that slot in use to maintain Tibbers (or cheat and use the Cloud holdover time to only maintain the Tibbers-cloud every other round).

WanderingMystic wrote:Amumu is just amazing, I love him

He is pretty loveable. I was in good form that week.

WanderingMystic wrote:Ashe Enchanted Arrow breaks power caps for a PL 10 character. How ever base arrows should have a higher damage

False! The Burst Damage Area Effect on the Enchanted Arrow is only applied to 6 ranks (ie half damage to surrounding enemies), so the Area Effect itself is only PL6, while the full 12 is targeted on a single target with an Attack of +8. (I didn't apply the Ranged Combat: Bows bonus to any of the magic arrow effects.) Ergo, PL10 not broken.
The arrows I kept at 4, making Ashe's base attack PL9 (+14 Bows) just because I figured the auto attack should be slightly less powerful, and it kept her within 150p. Bumping it back up to 5 would be easy, although you may want to lower her armor to compensate.

WanderingMystic wrote:Unfortunately the further I look the more I am finding things which break power caps, remember Area attacks have a PL of 10 for these characters as you have designed them

Again, look a little more closely. The "Full Damage to Target/Half Damage to Surrounding" comes up a lot and I use it quite a bit. Unfortunately, HeroLab doesn't recognize that little nuance(currently), so you may be confused if that's how you're discovering this.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “Roll Call”