LoL 3e: More Champs! Udyr, Maokai, and Nunu!

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LoL 3e: The Mummy Attacks!

Postby JDRook » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm beginning to get a rhythm with these, so I'm hoping to get one or two done a week, with the goal to have all existing champions statted by the end of 2011. I also want to try running a few test battles and seeing how that goes. I'll likely start 1v1, but as some of you know the best thing about LoL (and basically all DotA-based games) is the opportunity to play 5v5 (not to mention the scads of minions and towers) in truly monstrous battles. If I don't get distracted by something shiny, I hope to attempt that before the year's end.

Next up: Ashe! (and I promise this will be the last 'A' name character I do for a while.)
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My original characters thread (2e)
My League of Legends conversion thread (3e)
My Rules Musings in 3e

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:33 pm

For his Cursed Touch, could you have used Linked to Melee attack, rather than a full-on Reaction extra? If I recall correctly (because I have a very limited exposure to the game), this passive effect only activates on Amumu's attack, not in response to others attacking him.

Also, since he's an undead, I think a non-existent Stamina would be appropriate, esp. considering his 30-rank immunity to Fortitude effects.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to Ashe.

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, linking would work fine and save me about 12 points. :) It would mean having both his regular attack and Cursed Touch using the same attack roll, but resisting against each with a separate roll. I don't have a problem with that, and might even do it, but I like the Aura concept; it fits well with his AoE attacks.

Actually, taking those extra points and making a low-rank permanent Emotion Control power that radiates his sadness might be cool to fit in with his backstory. Or maybe I'll actually give him some skills!

The Stamina should have displayed as "-" but for some reason HeroLab didn't output it like that and I missed it. That I've changed tonight. Everything else I'll get to later. I was actually going to post last night when I found all kinds of problems with the build, and then my connection went down, so now I've been thinking about Amumu for over 24 hours and I need a break. :P
Sorry, I can't hear your argument for realism over the sound of my eye beams. :P

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

LoL 3e: The Frost Archer

Postby JDRook » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:00 am

One of the perennial favorites of summoners in the League of Legends is the Freljordian beauty known as Ashe. She is a direct descendant of Avarosa - one of three legendary sisters who each claimed dominion over the scattered tribes dwelling in the icy tundra of northern Valoran. Ashe mirrors her ancestor's unparalleled mastery of the bow, earning her the title of ''the Frost Archer'' the way Avarosa did during her era. Ashe is a literal Princess amongst her people, though she prefers to be addressed by outsiders as her tribal title rather than any form of royal moniker. There are those in Freljord, however, that would prefer to address Ashe as the ''late'' Frost Archer; the other two tribes that are descendants from the Three Sisters are historically sworn enemies of Ashe and her people. Having survived more than one assassination attempt in her life, Ashe is always aware of her surroundings regardless of where she is.

Ashe originally came to the Institute of War in service of the League summoners, seeking enough influence and favor to finally bring peace to her realm - one that has endured civil strife since Avarosa and the Time of the Three Sisters. With countless victories under her belt, she has started to put the influence she has earned in the League to use. Rumors abound that Ashe has begun to associate herself with fellow champion Tryndamere outside of the Fields of Justice. While she denies such talk as frivolous, all eyes will remain on Ashe now that her success in the League may finally allow her to restore lasting peace to her people.

''It's a good idea to spread out. Ashe can hit five birds with one arrow.'' -- Tryndamere

Ashe, The Frost Archer - PL 10

Strength 1, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Benefit, Status 3 (Princess), Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 2, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4 (Bow Magic Attacks), Improved Initiative, Minion 2, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Skill Mastery (Ranged Combat), Ultimate Effort (Aim), Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 8 (+9), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+4), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise (Politics) 6 (+7), Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 2 (+5), Ranged Combat (Bow) 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+12)

Powers
Standard Arrow: Damage 4 (DC 19; Increased Range (ranged))
Bow Magic Attacks (Easily Removable)
. . Enchanted Crystal Arrow
. . . . Arrow Damage: Burst Area Damage 12 (Linked; DC 27; Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere) [6 ranks only], Increased Range (ranged); Tiring)
. . . . Arrow Stun: Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Increased Range (ranged); Limited Degree)
. . . . Slowing: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Increased Range (ranged), Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere); Limited Degree 2)
. . Frost & Volley
. . . . Frost Shot
. . . . . . Frost Shot: Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition, Increased Range (ranged); Limited Degree 2, Notes: linked to Standard Bow & Arrow)
. . . . Volley Shot
. . . . . . Arrow Spread: Cone Area Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Cone Area (60 feet cone))
. . . . . . Frost Cone: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Extra Condition, Cone Area (60 feet cone); Limited Degree 2)
Focus: Enhanced Trait 7 (Advantages: Improved Critical 4, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ultimate Effort (Aim); Side Effect 2 (always - Ashe is Defenseless when Focusing))
Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Sensory Link to Hawk Minion: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Mental)

Equipment
Bow & Arrow [Standard Arrow: Damage 4, DC 19; Increased Range (ranged)], Leather Armor [Protection: Protection 2, +2 Toughness]

Offense
Initiative +8
Arrow Damage: Burst Area Damage 12 (DC 27)
Arrow Spread: Cone Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Arrow Stun: Affliction 12, +8 (DC Fort 22)
Frost Cone: Cone Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Frost Shot: Affliction 10, +8 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 11)
Slowing: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20)
Standard Arrow: Damage 4, +14 (DC 19)
Throw, +8 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)

Complications
Enemy: There are those in Freljord, however, that would prefer to address Ashe as the ''late'' Frost Archer; the other two tribes that are descendants from the Three Sisters are historically sworn enemies of Ashe and her people. Having survived more than one assassination attempt in her life, Ashe is always aware of her surroundings regardless of where she is.
Responsibility: Ashe originally came to the Institute of War in service of the League summoners, seeking enough influence and favor to finally bring peace to her realm - one that has endured civil strife since Avarosa and the Time of the Three Sisters. With countless victories under her belt, she has started to put the influence she has earned in the League to use.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 13, Parry 11, Fortitude 8, Toughness 7/1, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 29 + Advantages 22 + Skills 30 (59 ranks) + Defenses 33 = 150

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!
:arrow: Ashe is the second character I tried playing. She is the iconic range fighter of the League, and a good character to learn with, since you don't want to jump into the middle of things until you figure out the rhythm of the game.
:arrow: Building her had a few stages. I started with the obvious base of using Green Arrow, but taking out his Trick Arrow Equipment and giving Ashe a Device. This got expensive fast! After finding Sojobo's LoL thread, though, and seeing his Drow Ranger, everything clicked into place. I basically averaged most of the abilities and skills between them and took out things I didn't like or didn't fit. As always, though, trimming down is a hard but necessary road.
:arrow: Thanks to GA, Ashe was a bit skill-heavy, so I removed most of his journalism/detective abilities and the acrobatics (sadly) since there's not much call for them in the LoL setting and there's no real evidence she'd use them. Looking at her backstory, though, Ollie's Politics and Survival fit surprisingly well on her, so I kept those.
:arrow: Advantages went along the same idea, although I ended up folding a lot of them into her Focus passive, which is Flawed to leave her Defenseless (DC 0) when she uses them, so she's an incredible shot, but taking that extra second to line up her Enchanted Arrow makes her a sitting duck. I also took out Move-by Action (which I feel is really over-used in builds) so that's yet another limit on her mobility. This girl is a sniper.
:arrow: I put all of the rest of her powers into an Array largely to save points. I still haven't played with Hawkshot (a relatively new feature on her character), but it will need some tuning, and I expect it would really work best outside the array.
:arrow: Enchanted Arrow Is a beast with 3 linked effects, 1 damage and 2 affliction. The Damage is Tiring, to fit with the Ultimate long cooldown and too keep cost down, and I made half the ranks Burst area to cover her AoE damage. Her EA Stun is legendary, lasting several seconds (or the equivalent of several combat rounds), so I made it a full effect instead of letting it just work off damage. The last is the Slowing effect of all her Frost Attacks, which works as just Hindering, since in a tactical game like LoL a -1 speed is no small penalty.
:arrow: Frost Arrow is Linked to the B&A in Equipment. The array slot easily has enough room to include the damage component, but conceptually this worked for me, and looks cleaner.
:arrow: Volley Shot is essentially Frost Arrow with a Cone Extra. There's certainly enough room to in the slot to raise ranks if you wanted, especially if you take out the Dazed component of Frost and leave it Hindering. In fact Frost and Volley could probably both fit in one multiple effect slot as an AE of Enchanted Arrow, allowing you to use either whenever you wanted and saving a point. I may come back to this. EDIT 27/02/2011 This is now in effect.
:arrow: Overall, not bad, although she's a lot less accurate than I might like, largely because her big attacks are high damage or AoE. I'll probably still fiddle with her build after this, but the feel is mostly there and I think she's definitely playable.
:arrow: EDIT 27/02/2011 Some significant changes to Ashe. Her attributes have been tuned, her power structures seriously overhauled, and I decided to ignore the limited in-game effect of Hawkshot and gave Ashe an actual hawk minion with a Sensory link to allow her to use it to scout. I had been playing with various ideas, including increasing the hawk's abilities and even making the hawk Insubstantial (a Hawk Spirit), but decidedly simplicity worked best and fit the point limits. :)
Last edited by JDRook on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LoL 3e: The Rogue Mage

Postby JDRook » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Coming Soon . . .

My Rules Musings in 3e

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Re: LoL 3e: The Frost Archer

Postby Saltcrow » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey, it's Ryze!

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

You don't know the half of it. My net's down for some reason, but I'm going to have a bit of a surprise with Ryze. Hopefully I'll get it done before the weekend's out.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Nareik123
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Nareik123 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 pm

As a LoL player and Garen fanboy (don't get much more manly than Garen) I am very excited about these builds! Keep it up!
Demacia! (Garen, The Might of Demacia)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nareik123s Heroes

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Apologies to the handful of you who were looking forward to this. The issues with 'net connection at my new place went FAR longer than I would have imagined, and doing character posts from work wasn't feasible. The end is in sight, though, so I should have Ryze up this weekend, as well as tweaks to previous characters that I did while stuck on my local machine.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm

JDRook wrote:Apologies to the handful of you who were looking forward to this. The issues with 'net connection at my new place went FAR longer than I would have imagined, and doing character posts from work wasn't feasible. The end is in sight, though, so I should have Ryze up this weekend, as well as tweaks to previous characters that I did while stuck on my local machine.

Welcome back ;)

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Ryze, the Rogue Mage

The halls of traditional study were never for Ryze, who felt a more raw and primal connection to the magic of Runeterra than those who tried to teach him. As a young man, he travelled the world, seeking the wisdom of powerful hermits, witches, and shamans. When he had learned all he could, Ryze turned to seek the lost, forgotten, and forbidden knowledge in the world. This led him to an ancient form of spellcraft known as thorn magic. This art required Ryze to tattoo spells on his body, infusing his being with vast arcane power. His travels also brought him to the giant indestructible scroll he carries on his back. The purpose of the inscribed spell is a secret only Ryze knows. However, he claims it is an abomination, something that he must safeguard from the world. Today, Ryze has joined the League of Legends to study the magical creatures and powerful will-workers that fight there, in order to complete his exploration of mystical Runeterra.

''There is no doubt. Ryze is no longer a mage - he has become a creature of magic.''

Ryze, the Rogue Mage - PL 10

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 4, Fighting 3, Intellect 4, Awareness 6, Presence 4

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Expertise (Magic)), Takedown, Trance

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Expertise (Magic) 16 (+20), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+10), Ranged Combat (Base Magical Abilities) 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)

Powers
Arcane Mastery: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Skill Mastery, Takedown)
Magic Abilities
. . Base Magical Abilities
. . . . OverFlux: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack)
. . . . Rune Prison
. . . . . . Prison Damage: Damage 3 (Linked; DC 18; Increased Range (ranged), Secondary Effect)
. . . . . . Rune Cage: Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range (ranged); Limited Degree)
. . Desperate Power: OverFlux: Burst Area Damage 15 (DC 30; Increased Range (ranged), Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere) [10 ranks only], Multiattack; Tiring, Inaccurate (-2))
. . Desperate Power: Rune Prison
. . . . DP RP Damage: Burst Area Damage 9 (Linked; DC 24; Burst Area (30 feet radius sphere) [6 ranks only], Increased Range (ranged), Increased Duration 2 (sustained); Tiring)
. . . . Rune Prison: Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range (ranged); Limited Degree)
Mystic Senses: Senses 2 (Awareness: Magical, Radius: Magical)

Offense
Initiative +1
Desperate Power: OverFlux: Burst Area Damage 15 (DC 30)
DP RP Damage: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 12)
OverFlux: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
Prison Damage: Damage 3, +4 (DC 18)
Rune Cage: Affliction 12, +4 (DC Dog/Will 22)
Rune Prison: Affliction 12, +4 (DC Dog/Will 22)
Throw, +4 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 17)

Complications
Obsession: Ryze is consumed with the pursuit of magical knowledge
Responsibility: Ryze carries one of the most powerful spells ever written on his back in a giant scroll and has chosen to guard it with his life.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 5, Fortitude 7, Toughness 2, Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 51 + Advantages 5 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 21 = 149

:arrow: Ryze is one of the early designed characters, an equal opposite style mage to Annie's natural and untamed aptitude. He is all about the power, and I may have actually overdone it on his spells in an attempt to capture that.
:arrow: Again, used the Mystic as a base, but he's a little tougher than Annie's pint-sized attributes.
:arrow: He has most the Mystic's Advantages, but since his spells are so powerful I decided to replace Range Attack 5 with Accurate Attack. I also specifically did NOT give him Power Attack for the same reason, although looking at him now I'm tempted to give him Extraordinary Effort. (Edit: Yeah, that totally works for him in several ways. It's added.) His Skill Mastery and Takedown are actually from his passive, Arcane Mastery, which just speeds up the cooldown on his spells whenever he casts spells.
:arrow: I've also beefed up his skills a bit, particularly his Expertise: Magic which now hits the cap.
:arrow: And here it is, folks, the Big One. I wrestle with the powers for a while and realized that blending them into a few massive powers was the way to go, giving Ryze a 45 point pool that he can use to stunt some nasty stuff. His 3 base spells I combined into 2 and jammed both into one array slot, with separate slots for the Desperate Power version of either of them.
:arrow: Overload is a basically a massive Blast, and Spell Flux is actually a bouncing ball of magic that hits several targets. Rather than make two effects, I decided to make one powerful effect with Multiattack, so hitting one target is Overload and hitting multiple targets is Spell Flux. Hence, OverFlux. Besides the slight cost savings, this also gives the advantage of not having to change array slots to do different attacks, meaning he can use Extra Effort and attack twice with a different spell in the same round, which fits his design SO well.
:arrow: Rune Prison is a little weird, since it seems to just immobilize a target, so I made it single-stream Affliction. This also kept it cheap enough (even with the Damage component) to fit in a single slot with OverFlux and also take advantage of that Extra Effort option. If I didn't think that was worth it, I'd probably give RP its own slot, full Snare capability and more damage, but this seems okay for now.
:arrow: Putting all the basic spells in one ginormous slot gave me a lot of breathing room to make the Desperate Power version of each of the spells. In League, the DP effect is to make spells more powerful and damaging for 8 seconds, which would equate to roughly half a minute of M&M combat, so Tiring seems a little strong, but it does balance the awesome power of the amped spells, or at least OverFlux.
:arrow: The DP Rune Prison is no more effective due to PL, but does more damage and has an AoE.
:arrow: Desperate Power OverFlux is so devastating I really wasn't sure I should keep it. Having Multiattack and Area Effect: Burst on a single effect (even kept partial to stay within PL) brings up all kinds of questions. (Is it a 30' burst around the first target, or around each target? Should the bursts overlap? Should the bursts affect previous or upcoming targets?) My thinking is the AoE should extend around each of the multiple targets, but damage should only be resisted once for each target in that round. If you try to use this build, or even just this effect, in your game, CAVEAT EMPTOR. With a good roll, this spell could annihilate Superman, and a critical could take out the Big 3 in one shot. It is Tiring for a good reason.
:arrow: Ryze's mega-power is balanced out by his low attack score. His Ranged Combat only applies to his base OverFlux, so he's actually a PL 8 offensively unless he pulls out DPOF, his own personal Hadouken. Accurate attack allows him to OverFlux minions with ease.
:arrow: Despite his power, he's still the glassiest of cannons, and will fold in melee combat easily. He does hit caps with his Fort/Will, though, highly favoring Will.
:arrow: Ironically, despite the fact that I liked Ryze so much I dressed up as him, he's not that interesting as a character. His backstory feels a little one-note, so it was hard to come out with Complications to make him interesting. I also don't particularly like his voice dub in the game. There was this very week a newly released Judgement about him (a little character piece the designers write about the Champion's induction into the League that usually fleshes out the character a bit more) and that actually sparked more interest in me. In any case, he needs a good roleplayer to take him out for a spin as opposed to being a mobile howitzer. And for GMs, he might make an interesting villain, or even better a rival for your team mage.
Last edited by JDRook on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Saltcrow
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Saltcrow » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I'll take your words for it ;)

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Postby JDRook » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:38 pm

And there's Ryze for you! It was a long time coming, but it seems to have helped in figuring him out. I just hope he was worth the wait for you guys.

I've been playing more lately, and made a few modifications to the previous posts, so hopefully I'll keep churning these guys out.

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

Re: LoL 3e: The Rogue Mage

Postby JDRook » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:57 pm

I think I may have scared a few people off with my long absence and/or my cosplay of Ryze. I will be continuing posting new characters, and I think it's time we got a few more women in the mix:

Planned Champions:
Katarina, the Sinister Blade
Kayle, The Judicator
Morgana, the Fallen Angel

My Rules Musings in 3e

JDRook
Superhero
Superhero

LoL 3e: Katarina, Morganna, Kayle

Postby JDRook » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:02 am

As a militaristic state, it would perhaps come as no surprise that the primary responsibilities of Noxian women are raising strong children and providing succor for husbands who walk the path of soldiery. There are some, however, for whom nurture is not nature, and Katarina is just such a creature. Born the daughter of the feared Noxian General Du Couteau, the girl was always more interested in her father's knives than in the dresses, jewelry, and other trifles that her sisters spent so much time fussing over. A childhood dispute soon unveiled her uncanny knack for bloodshed, and her father, ever the opportunist, happily fostered her killer instincts. After training under the tutelage of the finest assassins the mighty city-state had to offer, Katarina first cut her teeth performing assassinations in the Ionian War. There, her ruthless mastery of the knife and dagger combined with her sadistic temperament to earn her the title Sinister Blade, a moniker that would follow her for the remainder of her career. She is most famous, however, for her exploits in the campaigns against Demacia, especially those surrounding her engagements with the nation's champion, Garen; a rivalry which began when she recovered the remains of Sion from a vanguard under his protection.

With the demand for warfare somewhat arrested by the tenuous peace settling over Valoran, Katarina sought the allure of violence in its last remaining haven: The League of Legends. Some might say it was an inevitability that Katarina's chosen path would draw her to become a champion of the League, continuing to enforce the will of Noxus and bring prestige of war to her noble family. There, she continues to perform her bloody work - esteemed and reviled, feared and adored.

''The Sinister Blade of Noxus is like a black widow - beautiful, but deadly.'' - Garen, the Might of

Katarina, The Sinister Blade - PL 10

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 5, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 2

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Roll 4, Equipment 3, Evasion, Improved Critical (Dagger: Strength-based Damage 2), Improved Critical (Dagger: Strength-based Damage 2), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 12 (+15), Close Combat (Daggers) 6 (+13), Deception 8 (+10), Expertise (Military) 6 (+7), Expertise (Weapons) 8 (+9), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 8 (+9), Ranged Combat (Daggers) 8 (+13), Sleight of Hand 6 (+11), Stealth 9 (+15)

Powers
Dagger: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm; Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack)
Thrown Dagger (Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack)
Shunpo: Teleport 1 (60 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Feature (Can be used normally with Charge and Slam))

Equipment
Daggers [Dagger: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 20, Advantages: Improved Critical, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm; Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack; Thrown Dagger, Increased Range (ranged), Multiattack]

Offense
Initiative +10
Dagger: Strength-based Damage 2, +13 (DC 20)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 13)
Throw, +5 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 18)

Complications
Obsession: Katarina thrives on violence and ruthlessness.
Rivalry: Against the Demacians in general and Garen in particular.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 12, Parry 14, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/2, Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 3 + Advantages 17 + Skills 49 (98 ranks) + Defenses 27 = 150

:arrow: After looking at what I'd statted so far I realized I hadn't done any assassin champions (largely because I suck at them :P ), so Katarina got pushed to the front of the queue. She usually shares the front-page advertising space with Ryze, so it's appropriate they come so close together.
:arrow: This is a pretty basic build, with most of her "spells" being interpretation of Advantages and maneuvers. Being one of the few non-mana Champions helps in the interpretation, setting her up as a "human-type" highly-skilled character. It's almost a direct port of the Weapon Master - Daggers build that comes with the M&M3e module for HeroLab, with few adjustments.
:arrow: The base WM had what was essentially a few ranks of Super-speed and a healing factor, neither of which really fit in this setting, so I removed them. With the extra points I bumped up Agility and a few skills, added Assessment to the advantages, and created Shunpo.
:arrow: Kat's Bouncing Blade is just a regular Dagger with Multiattack, allowing it to hit several targets. The same thing using Power Attack could be used to simulate the Death Lotus. Killer Instinct is mostly covered by the Improved Critical. And her passive, Voracity, is essentially a good descriptor for Takedown.
:arrow: Shunpo is simply a low rank Teleport. Rather than link damage to it, I figured it could just be used with a Charge or Slam attack. There's nothing in the rules that I could see that specific allows or forbids Teleport with those maneuvers, so to please the conservative GM, I purchased their use as a Feature. If the GM is cool with the idea of allowing T-Slams, then I recommend using the point to buy off the Charge penalty (essentially buying Accurate for the attack, much like I did with Alistar).
:arrow: Riot Games recently got new art for some of the older Champions, including Katarina. I couldn't find the new one that shows up on the LoL client anywhere on the net, so I've only linked the original classic skin. I do recommend the new art, though.

My Rules Musings in 3e

Return to “Roll Call”