Teleportingbassist's MnM Art (Last Work: Nexus, Magos)

We have a lot of talented artists who frequent these forums. This is the place for them to show off their stuff.
teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Teleportingbassist's MnM Art (Last Work: Nexus, Magos)

Postby teleportingbassist » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:30 pm

Here's my current favorite character, an alien archmage who accidentally blasted himself from his homeplanet. For the base, I used the image for Ultimate Gambit in the Marvel Guide. I did the hands myself, and changed the positioning of his right arm.

Last edited by teleportingbassist on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why" Slaughterhouse-Five

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:03 am

It's a start. Keep at it and you might be as good as some of the artists on the Drawing Board.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:23 am

I used the same base for a "Fate" image, it's a character in a RPoL game I'm playing. I tend to use this image alot, along with some others. I'm not very good on my own, yet. He's another mage. Actually, he's a generational Doctor Fate (Well actually a generational Fate, but Fate was a generational Doctor Fate.).

"Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why" Slaughterhouse-Five

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:58 pm

Yet another image based off of Gambit. But this time I did it all from memoy, changing most everything but the hair and right arm's pose. He's really my first attempt at defining my own style, and my first full body shot. This one's called Conflict, he has two conflicting sets of powers, one cosmic and one mystical. Done in a big array, probably. I think I might have some questions on how to do it, as it's of a completely different descriptor. So, without further ado, I give you: CONFLICT!

DMAC
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby DMAC » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:10 pm

Definitely off to a good start. One thing I notice is that it looks like you're building your figures by focusing on the outlines and not on the volumes that make up the form.

I did a little "sausage" breakdown of that Gambit drawing to show you what I mean:

Last edited by DMAC on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:26 pm

My art is ver-ry 2-D. Always has been. But I try to fix that. I think I'll do my own volume and other things like that in the new sketch of Conflict that'll be up later.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:44 am

My version of the 3-D process.

1.Image

2.Image

3.Image (My brother helped me figure out how to do the photoshop coloring and blur)

By the way, this was my 666th post. :twisted:

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:49 am

Yet another mage...but I really like this one. His name is Soulforce!

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:25 pm

An image with shadow and depth (hopefully). Please critique.

Power-Glove
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby Power-Glove » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:48 pm

Good. The arms are short, though. The knuckles should come down to the upper thigh/crotch.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:40 pm

Yeah, I figured that AFTER I inked it. Thanks. I got some new stuff for art (a variety of artist pens, some prismacolor markers, and a new pad). This one I call Spirit. He's imbued with demonic powers in a freak accident. He became one of Hell's favorite sons, and got the Gauntlet of Fate and the Book of Destiny. The gauntlet allows him to do some more with Hellfire, and the book allows him to use magic to a low extent but with a wide range of spells. The first villain.

El Humidor
Paragon
Paragon

Postby El Humidor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:32 pm

Cool stuff.
It is no the heat, it is EL HUMIDOR!!

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 pm

El Humidor wrote:Cool stuff.

Thanks! Any commisions? I do it for free! (Not Kidding). Also, Newton, a physics-controller, will be up soon.

teleportingbassist
Zealot
Zealot

Postby teleportingbassist » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:38 pm

I decided not to do Newton (I couldn't get an effect right).

Here is a drawing of what I'd want to look like as a super (with TK!), and is named Magos:

And here is an Egyptian Mage, known as Nexus!

Return to “Drawing Board”