incorporeal +weapon

The place to discuss using and abusing the first edition Mutants & Masterminds rules. Rules questions, rules interpretations, house rules, and more rules.
Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

incorporeal +weapon

Postby Rickynet » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:16 am

i have 2 question abouts incorporeal and weapons

1.- a incorporeal with affect others has a ranged weapon, like a gun, when he fired the gun the bullet is incorporeal or is corporeal?

2.- incorporeal with the gosth touch, phase attack, and partial,affects others, he wanna make incorporeal a sword and hit some one, when he hit make corporeal the sword inside the foe, can he do it? phase attack in the manual say some part of your body is semi solid to hit or hurt someone

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 pm

1) The bullet cannot affect other corporeal creatures, unless the weapon has Ghost Touch. Therefore, the bullet would be incorporeal

2) That seems right, it would just be a normal phase attack, just with a weapon as far as I can tell.
H.E.R.O.I.C. Member of the 2nd Rank
Owner of a map to Paradise Island

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:47 pm

in teh question 2, is necesario the extra "partial", if phase attack make semisolid some part of you

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:04 pm

The partial extra does not allow you to become partially incorporeal. It allows you to say, only make your hand incorporealy if that was all you needed to make incorporeal

"See this med-pack? See this gun? These mean the only people dying here today are the ones I kill!" -Field Medic, Cyberpunk Card Game

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:30 pm

if your hand is corporeal and with affect others yur sword is corporeal, is necesary the gosth touch and the phase attack?, should roll a normal melee attack

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Ok, first, you don't need Affects Others to have incorporeal afffect your sword. It is considered part of you.

Also, the Phase Attack must be made using a part of the body, you cannot use Phase Attack with a weapon unless the weapon has been bought with Incorporeal and Phase Attack itself. A Phase attack is a normal melee attack with a damage bonus of 15 + your Incorporeal rank. The save is Fortitude instead of Damage.

Rickynet
Henchman
Henchman

Postby Rickynet » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:28 am

ok then, how you made an melee attack, been incorporeal and having a sword, it is considered and normal melee attack? or has something else to considerd

Evendur
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Evendur » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:14 pm

You would need to have Ghost Touch on your sword, and then you just attack normally

Return to “Mutants & Masterminds Rules (1e)”