Cloning Heroes: Vanguard or AEGIS?

Here M&M GMs can trade tips and seek inspiration. Look out for SPOILERS! Players, surf elsewhere or ruin your own fun.
cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Cloning Heroes: Vanguard or AEGIS?

Postby cochramd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:11 am

Some weeks in the future, the Emerald City Sentinels campaign I'm playing in is going to turn into a round robin. I've got a wicked idea for the second session I'm going to run, which will probably break down into two sessions.

First session, my character appears to be abducted by aliens. Xeno then shows up, saying that the ship was of Maltarian (something I just made up) origin and offering to lead them to where she believes my character is being held (some kind of gladiatorial arena). When they get there and defeat all the challenges before them, they find that my character is not there. However, a high-ranking Maltarian tells them that a Maltarian starship once crashed somewhere on Earth, so it might be the work of some Earthlings.

The truth is that some Earth organization has rebuilt the crashed starship and kidnapped my character to clone him, like CADMUS did with Supergirl in the DCAU and Superman in Young Justice. By the time the other players rescue him, the clone will be artificially aged to 13 years, and they will have to rescue him too. Thing is, I've decided this organization is going to be either AEGIS or Vanguard, but I don't have the GM's guide to Emerald City, so I don't know enough about either organization to decide which one. So which one should it be, in your opinions?

Orville
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Cloning Heroes: Vanguard or AEGIS?

Postby Orville » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:19 pm

I know nothing about Vanguard. I run with AEGIS being similar to a mixture of SHIELD and ARGUS. Or being SHIELD at the start and developing in to ARGUS as we play.

I like your idea so from me I would run with AEGIS but then again I know nothing of Emerald city campaign so perhaps someone else thinks differently.

What are your expectations from one or the other choice?

cochramd
Groupie
Groupie

Re: Cloning Heroes: Vanguard or AEGIS?

Postby cochramd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Well, I would expect that the faction I use to be willing and able to clone superhumans, then brainwash the clones. From what I can tell, neither of them has a really strong grip on the brainwashing bit.

Return to “GMs' Eyes Only”