Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Ares
Hero
Hero

Re: Jab's He-Builds: Villain Template, Skeletor, Modulok, Su

Postby Ares » Wed May 29, 2013 7:50 am

You could in fact join both Modulok and Multi-Bot's pieces together to form incredible amalgamations. I had both toys as a kid, still think I have them somewhere, and managed to keep most of the parts. They were definitely the MotU toys I played with the most, because the sheer combo you could come up with was just awesome. Why that concept doesn't get used more, I'll never know.

RomanMetal
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Jab's He-Builds: She-Ra, Tri-Klops, Mer-Man, Orko, Glimm

Postby RomanMetal » Wed May 29, 2013 10:55 am

Jabroniville wrote:STINKOR- PL 9 (108):
... Apparently, the toy will STILL retain its trademark musk, even twenty years after its original release! ...

Around 1993-1995 I found a Strawberry Shortcake figure on the street and it still has its odor. So, maybe this is true.

Jabroniville wrote:... I had both toys as a kid, still think I have them somewhere, and managed to keep most of the parts. They were definitely the MotU toys I played with the most, because the sheer combo you could come up with was just awesome. Why that concept doesn't get used more, I'll never know.

I envy you, those are cool toys.
And, yes other than production price, I don't see why there aren't more toys like this.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Jab's He-Builds: Orko, Glimmer, Villain Template, Skelet

Postby scc » Wed May 29, 2013 4:14 pm

Jabroniville wrote:some more stuff from that DVD set I got. Ahhh the memories of the 1980s... which actually had some SERIOUSLY bad cartoons, apparently.

"MR. T" (1983-86)- WOW, for a cartoon that features an awful lot of gymnastic moves and complicated motions, the animation sure is a steaming load. It's like mid-70s era Hanna-Barbera quality (ie. more advanced than the '60s stuff, but still poorly-done and herky-jerky). They should've just made them all pro boxers or football players or something- that stuff is easier to animate than dozens of flips and double-teams. Mr. T himself appears in live-action to dish out the day's lessons ("don't be mean to new kids!"), and sure enough, all the white kids he's with are treating the new kid badly. The two minorities on his team are of course the most capable and good-natured.

This whole concept of a gymnastics team that solves crimes is odd. Plus Mr. T and his mohawked dog, and that annoying little brat who acts like him. It's still not as stupid as SOME cartoons obviously. Despite the terrible animation, this show is MUCH better than the Chuck Norris one, if only because the plot is goofy enough to be interesting (there's some video game microfilm worth MILLIONS OF DOLLARS inside some medallion, and a pair of thieves are running around stealing gold medals to find it). I don't get how a team of gymnasts and MISTER T have so much trouble with two guys, but the New Kid Who Is Black saves the day and the thieves are beaten.

The show proves it's worth by the end, however. While rescuing a drowning Asian Teammate, Mr. T comes upon a shark... AND PUNCHES IT OUT.

Here's a review from Agony Booth: http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Mister ... llion.aspx

I got a good laugh out of that. Before I even read it I thought about Mr. T. spinning and throwing that alligator. Awesome stuff. I plan on watching it with my nephews for a good laugh.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 pm

PERFUMA
Role:
Addle-Brained Weirdo
PL 10 (89)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+7)
Athletics 4 (+5)
Expertise (Horticulture) 10 (+10)
Perception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Flowers) 6 (+12)

Advantages:
Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Etherian Physiology" Features 1: Maintains a Babealicious Physique Regardless of Age or Starvation [1]

"Flower Control"
Create Flowers 4 (Feats: Precise, Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (14) -- [17]
    AE: Healing 10 (Flaws: Limited to Flowers) (10)
    AE: Growth 10 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Flowers) (10)
    AE: "Clog Weapons" Nullify Blasts 8 (Flaws: Limited to Technological Weapons) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Clog Weapons +12 (+8 Ranged Nullify, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Beautifying Everything)- Perfuma lives only to make things more beautiful. She even volunteers to stay in the FRIGHT ZONE in order to make more flowers!
Reputation (Weird)- Even her allies find her a bit strange- she actually ENJOYS staying prisoner in the Fright Zone and hanging around with Hordak.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 16 (89)

-Perfuma is completely insane. In the one episode I have featuring her, she's a plant-obsessed flighty girl who spends all of her time dancing & running around attaching flowers to everything. When Hordak captures her to prevent her from growing the Whispering Woods during a forced-eclipse, she doesn't even get upset- she instead DECORATES HER PRISON CELL, then escapes into the Fright Zone and BEAUTIFIES IT! She even starts a conga line with the Horde Troopers and clogs Hordak's weapon when he tries to blow her away, resulting in Hordak AGREEING TO SHE-RA'S DEMANDS just to get her to agree to take Perfuma back! It's just a nutty, weird episode, featuring an insane friendly character.

PEEKABLUE
Role:
Non-Combatant, Seer
PL 3 (84), PL 6 (84) Perceiver
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 14 (+16)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"All-Seeing" Remote Senses (Vision) 20 (Feats: Dimensional) [41]
"Etherian Physiology" Features 1: Maintains a Babealicious Physique Regardless of Age or Starvation [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Afraid)- A non-combatant, Peekablue avoids getting involved in Horde business.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 8 (83)

-Peekablue (whose name always reminds me of the early fan-guessed name for Marill in "Pokémon"- Pikablu). is a non-fighter who is able to see all over the universe- she once helped Adora see what was going on in Eternia with her brother Adam. She was captured once by Hordak, who wanted to use her Perception powers to see into The Whispering Woods (which are enchanted so that Hordesmen can't spy inside) so some Sky Claw things could capture some Rebels. She didn't want to fight, but got mind-controlled by Shadow Weaver, and eventually broke the control and used a Sky Claw on Hordak himself.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed May 29, 2013 10:28 pm

MADAME RAZZ
Role:
Jewish Grandmother
PL 7 (129)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+4)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+10)
Expertise (History) 2 (+6)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Artificer, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Equipment (Staff/Sword +2), Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Magic), Improved Hold, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Ritualist, Startle, Taunt

Powers:
"Questionable Magic"
"Creates Flying Ship" Create 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous, Movable) (33) -- [35]
    AE: "_______ to _________!" Transform (Anything to Anything) 4 (20)
    AE: "Ground To Tar" Affliction 7 (Strength; Vulnerable & Hindered/Defenseless & Immobile) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Diminished Range -2) (15.5)
Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Ground to Tar +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Freeing Etheria)
Accident (Wrong Spell!)- Madame Razz is a spellcaster, but one of "iffy" talents- her spells often go wrong the first time, or have a secondary, unintended effect. Sometimes, however, these are beneficial.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 16 (129)

-Madame Razz is the "Orko" of Etheria, being an absent-minded spellcaster of sometimes-questionable ability. However, she's a good bit better than he is in a fight, owing to her frequent use of Transform, and can create things better than Orko can (a flying Ship, in one instance- though at first it was a Frying Ship and was a big frying pan). She's also a bit more of a grandmotherly figure, despite her frazzled mind- she knows She-Ra's secret identity, and is able to keep up the illusion around others.

BROOM
Role:
Sarcastic Sidekick
PL 5 (65)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Insight 1 (+2)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+4, +8 Size)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Living Broom" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
"Can Carry People" Power-Lifting 2 [2]

"Natural Size" Shrinking 4 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
(-1 Strength, +2 Dodge/Parry, +4 Stealth, -2 Intimidation)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Freeing Etheria)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 9 (65)

-Broom is Madame Razz's sidekick, though he often just pokes fun at her. He's basically a flying, sentient broom, and isn't much good in fights other than as transport for Razz.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 pm

GENERIC SHE-RA HERO TEMPLATE
Role:
Background Babe
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Token Attack), Ranged Attack 5, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Eternian Physiology" Features 1: Maintains a Babealicious Physique Regardless of Age or Starvation [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (The Evil Horde)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 11 (79)

-She-Ra adds several female characters to the line-up. They're a bit weaker, but pack some extra defensiveness to make up for it a bit.

SWEET BEE- PL 7 (113):
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]
"Honeycomb Snare" Snare 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (28) -- [29]
    AE: "Honeycomb Ladder" Create 6 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (19)
-In the infamous "Frosta sexually-assaults He-Man" episode, He-Man spends most of the episode making goo-goo eyes at Sweet Bee instead. She's a flying girl who is trying to help her race of Bee People (related to Buzz-Off's, maybe?).

THE STAR SISTERS:
The Star Sisters were imprisoned by an evil witch years ago, and were finally freed by She-Ra and Swift Wind. They allied themselves with The Great Rebellion in thanks, and look about as '80s as humanly possible (they make JEM look modern and current!), but I've never heard of them. This is the best I can do regarding their powers:

JEWELSTAR- PL 10 (97):
"Conjures Gem Armor" Protection 6 (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) [18]
TALLSTAR- PL 7 (84):
Elongation 5 [5]
STARLA- PL 8 (108):
Advantages: Sidekick 12 (Glorybird, a Falcon) [12]
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]
"Spell of Light" Blast 8 [16]

DOUBLE TROUBLE- PL 7 (86):
Skills: Athletics 6 (+13), Deception 8 (+13) [7]
Abilities: Fighting 4 [-6]
Parry +10 [6]
-Double Trouble is the elite Spy of the Great Rebellion, and a cousin of Glimmer's. She's less of a fighter than other She-Ra characters, but specializes in disguises and being dextrous. She never appeared in teh cartoon, but received a figure release in 1985.

NETOSSA- PL 7 (99):
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm [3]
"Nets!" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [17]
"Wide Net" Snare 7 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (25) -- (27 points)
    AE: "Simple Net" Snare 6 (18)
    AE: "Surprise Net" Snare 6 (Feats: Accurate, Indirect- From Behind) (Flaws: Touch Range) (13)
-Netossa is a rarely-seen side-character and Token Black Person of "She-Ra". Her half-assed name and concept (throwing NETS? REALLY??) pretty much imply that she was a last-minute addition to the line.

SPINNERELLA- PL 8 (103):
Move Object 10 (20) -- [24]
    AE: "Air Blast" Blast 8 (16)
    AE: "Wind" Features 2: Snuff Flames, Throw Off Arrows, Other Effects (2)
    AE: Environment 5 (250 feet) (Impede Movement 2) (10)
    AE: Deflect 8 (8)
-Spinnerella nearly ripped the Whispering Woods out of the ground after she feared her friend Netossa had been captured by rebels. Thankfully, it was all a Horde trick. Her & Netossa are utterly-bland, forgotten characters that only got used once.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 am

RomanMetal wrote:And, yes other than production price, I don't see why there aren't more toys like this.

Sadly, I suspect that they just aren't viable in today's litigation happy US. In the last year, even building/modeling tools for children containing magnets have been banned.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's He-Builds: Skeletor, Modulok, Sunder, She-Ra Heroi

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 am

I didn't mind madam razz so much... there were OTHER things which were the target of my rage, things far worse than mere orko...
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu May 30, 2013 4:37 am

Spectrum wrote:Sadly, I suspect that they just aren't viable in today's litigation happy US. In the last year, even building/modeling tools for children containing magnets have been banned.

Really? Magnets?

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu May 30, 2013 4:43 am

Jabroniville wrote:NETOSSA- PL 7 (99):

^_^ When I first saw that, my first thought was, "Oh, they decided to release Netta after all". Of course, there was much speculation over how many of the "create a character" submissions got ripped off. And, in the end, Fearless Photog, the winner, didn't get released until fairly recently (same anniversary release that saw Castle Greyskullman, actually) and the winner of the contest, Nathan Bitner, went through some pretty severe ups and downs in his life. But that's another story entirely.

Crinos wrote:
Spectrum wrote:Sadly, I suspect that they just aren't viable in today's litigation happy US. In the last year, even building/modeling tools for children containing magnets have been banned.

Really? Magnets?

Swallowing hazard. Small magnets have to be built powerful. That means they have a greater chance of being toxic, and if a child breaks the magnet out in play and swallows it, some nasty things can happen involving the magnets trying to pull their way through the small intestine.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Thu May 30, 2013 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum
Titan
Titan

Postby Spectrum » Thu May 30, 2013 4:43 am

The easiest article that I could find. The magnets present a) choking hazard and b) can cause pinching in the GI tract.

As a local joke goes, remember kids, its okay to eat one rare earth magnet at a time, but not two!

http://gizmodo.com/5929064/buckyballs-have-been-banned-by-the-feds

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Thu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm

F***ing magnets. How do they work?

Yeoman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Yeoman » Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm

Ares wrote:F***ing magnets. How do they work?

Heck if I know. You ever read Silver Age Marvel? Magneto could pretty much do anything as long as he said the word "magnet" in the description. Like, he could turn the X-men into house cats and just hand wave it with using magnetism to manipulate the iron in their body to rewrite their DNA.

Crinos
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Crinos » Thu May 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Yeoman wrote:
Ares wrote:F***ing magnets. How do they work?

Heck if I know. You ever read Silver Age Marvel? Magneto could pretty much do anything as long as he said the word "magnet" in the description. Like, he could turn the X-men into house cats and just hand wave it with using magnetism to manipulate the iron in their body to rewrite their DNA.

And now I know what to do when I have you guys fight Death Magnetic. (j/k)

mageofthesands
Henchman
Henchman

Postby mageofthesands » Thu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Eh, seems legit to me. More legit than Magneto's powers in Ultimatum, at least.

Return to “Roll Call”