[Valanas Playtest] Seeking Interested Parties

Here's the place to seeks players for your group or a group for yourself.
Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

[Valanas Playtest] Seeking Interested Parties

Postby Entropicurity » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello there ATT!

Alright, so I have been working on the Valanas setting for some time, and I have enough information fleshed out to start a couple of one-shots to help me figure out what I need to polish out or at least flesh out more details on.

The setting revolves around the fact that the players exist in a fantasy Manga world that blends popular elements from Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto with a splash of Greek Mythology. Valanas is a world where Legends have come to become reborn. Technology is similar to that typically found during the 1930's and 1950's. Although it is rare, airflight is mostly experimental and very few humanoids have the ability to use such things (though it is not necessarily limited to players).

Basic Formula:
Mutants and Masterminds 3e
Power Level 11 (165pp)
Must choose one of 5 Bloodlines (See Campaign Document)
Must choose one major Theme: Action (Kijin), Hope (Centurion), or Mystery (Kimoru)

Check out the Campaign Document for further information pertaining to the setting. The one-shot will revolve around the player's primary Patron as she tries to bring peace to a growingly corrupt and warring island nation.

I would like to plan for a one-shot to be filled up within the month, and if I gain enough players it could happen as soon as the 20th of March. Time is to be determined, preferably between the times of 2pm EDT/10am GMT and pm EDT / 8pm GMT (though will likely go longer than 4 hours, depending on interest). Game will be held via Google Hangout if at all possible, though I am ok with running it on Skype. My preference is mostly due to the fact that I plan to record the gaming session for future reference. Given the descriptive nature of Mutants and Masterminds, I do not plan to use a drawboard, though given the preferences of my players I am open to change this.

Any additional questions please feel free to leave here!

Thanks in advance for any interested parties! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Entropicurity on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muses Dice, your Open and Inspirational RPG/Techno-Savy Blog!
Entropic's 3e 2013 Creations!

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Re: [Valanas Playtest] Seeking Interested Parties

Postby Entropicurity » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 am

For those who need a short and sweet idea of what will happen in the game I will leave the synopsis below:

Campaign Name: Valanas Playtest
Date: As early as March 20th between 12:00 EDT and 18:00 EDT
Comic Age: Modern-Fantasy
Genre: Urban Fantasy Adventure, Manga/Wuxia, Similar to World War 1/2
Light, Grey, or Dark? Grey
Realistic or Cinematic? Cinematic
Scope: Playtest
Campaign Theme: Action, Hope, and Mystery

Story Elements: Cosmic Conflicts, Magic-fueled Technology, Martial Arts, Mysterious Organizations, Feared and Subtle Psionics, Rule Magic, Theurgy, Inherent Gift (Bloodlines), Powerful Artifacts.

Synopsis: The two greatest powers seeking control of Kyodashima have ceased peaceful relations with each other and have openly declared war on the land. The corruption found within their leadership have left a dark mark upon the land, dividing it’s inhabitants as they seek to regain control despite the chaos and famine. One Immortal Legend, known by many as Sansin Katome, has established control of two small cities and hopes to regain the Grace of Legends, an almost divine blessing that is believed to bring peace across the land and those that live within it. In the hopes of accomplishing this, Sansin Katome has put together a small band of heroes that have proven worthy of her cause. Despite her best intentions, Sansin has some dark secrets from her past that are threatening to destroy all that she has worked for, and it is up to you to help her conquer her demons and restore the Grace of Legends to Kyodashima.

"A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Current Update!
So far, I currently have 2 interested players, with a possible 3rd up for the 20th.

Player Characters include Two Kijin
Hibiki: Kimoru (Spy/Investigation) style Summoner
Unknown Name: Water manipulating Defender and has ability to transform into a body of water.
3rd Party is currently unknown (May or may-not play, though will be in attendance)

I will continue to keep things updated in the meantime!

As always, if anybody has any questions or even the remote sense of interest, This will be a playtest and will go over explaining the setting and answering any questions anybody may have. Comments and suggestions are of course always welcome! :mrgreen:

* Updated to include player character types for those attending.

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Current Update!

So far we now have a total of four interested parties. To help accomodate all interested parties that have expressed interest, the game time has been changed to: 14:00 to 20:00 Eastern Daylight Time/EDT... or whenever we all decide to stop.

New Players now include the following:
Tentaki Kimoru (Considered apt at Social Interactions/Communication)
Nezuto Centurion (Possible Cosmic Guardian/Defender)

Further information will be updated as it becomes available!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 am

Game Update!
Well it seems I have character sheets now for mostly everyone so far, I will likely have the final character done by the end of the day today as well as some finishing touches on the NPCs that everyone will be facing for the first time.

The Group as we have it so far:
Arukai, Male Nezuto Ironwood Armored Transmutation Centurion
Hibiki, Female Neochi (Neozu) Ghostly Shadow Spider Summoning Kijin
Serena, Female Water Blessed Ugandi Elemental Blooded Kijin
Unknown Named Tentaki Master of Deception and Manipulation Kimoru

I am very excited for how things are going to shape up in the upcoming days, and am very hopeful for how things will turn out. If anybody has any questions in the meantime let me know!

In honor of the upcoming event I have updated the campaign sheet to include details on the Major NPCs and some of the Cosmic Relations typically found within Valanas (Think of them as Cosmic Principals that most all creatures tend to align themselves to). Enjoy!

Entropicurity
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Entropicurity » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:53 am

Gaming Update!

This last week we were able to have an amazing time, all the players were able to find themselves in a new world that provided immediate immersion and lots of fun. That being said we will be running a game today as well and I will be making a brief overview of it.

For those interested in seeing how it all worked out, check out the following details:
- Scene 1
- Scene 2

Return to “Player Locator”