Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Skavenger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Re: Jab's Builds: Dormammu, In-Betweener, Order & Chaos, Korvac

Postby Skavenger » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Love the Korvac build. I've only seen him twice since his "Saga," once in Cap, once in Avengers Academy. Both times he suffered from that deadly Weakness of "Antimatter makes him go boom. Temporarily.". And kids only beat him after being put in their future bodies, with powers they simply can't do yet. I always liked Korvac, though, he seems like a "What if Doctor Doom had ridiculous cosmic power and could hold on to it for more than a day" villain.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Dormammu, In-Betweener, Order & Chaos, Kor

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:59 pm

THE IMPOSSIBLE MAN
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #11 (Feb. 1963)
Group Affiliations: The Planet Poppup
Role: The Trickster, Annoying Shapeshifter
PL 12 (271)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 2 (+2)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4, Taunt

Powers:
Shapeshift 10 (Quirk: Limited to Green Forms) [79]
"Power Copier" Mimic 8 [64]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
"Hyperlinguistics" Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) (Extras: Instantaneous) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Assorted Powers +8 (+2-12 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +14, Fortitude +14, Will +9

Complications:
Motivation (FUN!)- The Impossible Man is out to have fun. Usually by annoying the hell out of super-heroes.
Relationship (The Impossible Woman)- Impy found love by asexually reproducing. They even made The Impossible Kids!
Quirk (Pop!)- All of Impy's powers are noticeable by virtue or a "Pop!" sound effect. He's not exactly interested in stealth, so he usually doesn't mind.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 168 / Defenses: 14 (271)

-The Impossible Man was basically another one-shot guest star in the "Fantastic Four" run of Stan 'n' Jack, and is a REALLY early one, to boot. However, he was actually pretty well hated by the fans and writers, and thus took THIRTEEN YEARS to reappear from this single first appearance. That is CRAZY- pretty much the entirety of the Silver Age lasted a LITTLE longer than that before disappearing (friggin' PASTE POT PETE and STILT MAN got more of a run). Later writers had a bit more of a sense of humour about the goofball, using him for clever diversions and deus ex machina endings (since he could do pretty much anything with his powers).

-Impy is actually QUITE powerful, but isn't a heavy-hitter in combat. He's just a bastard to actually INJURE, making him an effective, versatile PL 12. He needs two sets of Move Action Variable, one for copying others' forms, and one for Shapeshifting into stuff like spaceships. If he was more of a fighter, he'd be REALLY dangerous, but instead he's just really damn annoying.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Dormammu, In-Betweener, Order & Chaos, Kor

Postby Jabroniville » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:03 pm

LONGSHOT
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & Arthur Adams
First Appearance: Longshot #1 (Sept. 1985)
Role: Uber-Eighties Character
PL 10 (189)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+14)
Expertise (Actor) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Rebel Leader) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)
Persuasion 3 (+7, +11 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Throwing Blades) 4 (+15)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+10)
Technology 2 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+11)

Advantages:
Attack Specialization (Throwing Blades), Agile Feint, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 2 (Throwing Blades +2, Grappling Hook), Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Given Powers: Luck"
Enhanced Advantages 4: Luck 2, Redirect, Uncanny Dodge [4]
"Break Fall" Movement 1 (Slow Fall) (Extras: Reaction) [3]
"Lucky Escape" Immortality 15 (2 minutes) (Extras: Affects Others) (Flaws: Limited to Circumstances of Plausible Denial) [30]
Enhanced Dodge & Parry 4 [8]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Hollow Bones"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"DNA-Based Love Powers" Enhanced Advantages 2: Attractive 2 [2]

"Psychometry & Object-Reading"
Senses 8 (Precognition, Postcognition) (Flaws: Limited to Touched Objects' History) (4) -- [5]
    AE: Mind Reading 8 (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (4)
Equipment:
"Throwing Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 4) (Diminished Range -1) (5)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blades +15 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (+15 Luck, DC 25), Parry +11 (+15 Luck, DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Metahuman)- Longshot has three fingers and a thumb on each hand, two hearts and a one of his eyes glows when he uses his powers, making him obviously-inhuman to both the eye and an x-ray.
Power Loss (Luck)- Longshot's Luck will run out if he has negative thoughts (such as giving up hope), or tries to use his powers for selfish or evil acts. They can possibly even give him BAD luck.
Relationship (Dazzler)
Responsibility (Mojoworld Rebellion)
Enemy (Mojo)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 19 (189)

-Wow, it's Longshot, another weird example of a character who only had a few moments in the sun (his own Limited Series & Claremont's Australia-era X-team, yet has been constantly requested for comebacks since then. Seriously, as a kid reading the Nicieza-era X-books, I must've read at least one letter a month in SOME book requested The Mulletted One's return. Me, I never got it- he's one of those goofy-ass guys with a silly costume, a dated overall "look" (remember kids: never design your character with the current trendiest hairstyle), hard to imagine (or write for) powers, and a worst enemy who always produces the more goofy (and thus unreadable) X-Men stories ever, in Mojo. Look at my Mojo build for my thoughts on THAT fat blob- it's a great social commentary on our TV-obsessed culture, but OH GOD is it a chore to read through.

-Still, this guy has fans :). Not enough to actually give him an ONGOING, or even a recurring role in an X-Book, I guess (Exiles was his best shot in EONS- edit: forgot to add Peter David's snark-filled X-Factor!), but it's something. He may be one of the most popular characters compared to how long they lasted in a major series ever.

-Longshot was easier to comprehend with the old "Probability Control" Power in 2e, but I liked the whole "Limited Immortality" thing the Power Profile of "Luck Powers" had (with the addition that he can help his teammates, too- I think at least once they had a building collapse on them, and got out a minute later). Longshot isn't SUPER-effective, but he's a solid X-Men-type build- an over-pointed PL 10, but leaning towards accuracy and defense. He's nearly impossible to hit, reasonably tough, has good reflexes, and has a bunch of weird side powers that I'd never have heard of if I didn't read his Wikipedia entry while doing this build. A complex little bugger, but he turned out okay in the end.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: In-Betweener, Korvac, Impossible Man, Longshot

Postby ClassDunce » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Longshot has actually had a pretty good run as a member of X-Factor recently. He's kind of played up for jokes but it's X-Factor... Peter David plays every character up for the jokes.
"When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry." - Quellcrist Falconer

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Re: Jab's Builds: Dormammu, In-Betweener, Order & Chaos, Korvac

Postby BlindPugh » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:39 am

LONGSHOT

Is it my birthday already? :D

Wow, it's Longshot, another weird example of a character who only had a few moments in the sun (his own Limited Series & Claremont's Australia-era X-team, yet has been constantly requested for comebacks since then.

That's for two reasons, first, the Australia era was one of the best in X-men history. Second, Longshot clearly rocks. Seriously I don't think I've yet seen a Nocenti character I didn't love. I only wish she was back at Marvel rather than on the Nu DCU.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Grayson
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Grayson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:16 am

My best friend was really into Longshot. I never really got the appeal and Mojo, concept and everything that comes with it (e.g. X-babies, Spiral, etc.), is just plain idiotic. It's like someone took a bad acid trip and never made it back or something.

Skavenger
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Skavenger » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Edit: Whoops, Longshot does have Attractive. Heh. Missed it.

Also, they put Black Cat into a few issues of X-Factor, apparently Longshot's good luck and her luck powers don't mix well, causing them both to have terrible luck. I haven't seen Longshot hang out with Domino to know if this is always the case, but they both seemed to accept it as a logical explanation.

How many other people in Marvel have luck powers, anyway?

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 pm

I think it's just Longshot, Black Cat, Domino and kinda/sorta The Scarlet Witch. Altogether, I found the X-Men book getting progressively weaker as the team left the early 1980s- I never thought it was BAD (even in the '90s), but it's best days were behind it. I actually really didn't care by the time they hit the "Australia" team post-Adversary/Dallas Resurrection, though a LOT of fans came of age in the "punker-dressing team" era. I never liked Havok, Dazzler or Longshot, and some of my faves had left for "Excalibur", so that era didn't do much for me. It doesn't help that it was also the bad New Mutants era.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: In-Betweener, Korvac, Impossible Man, Long

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:22 pm

DAZZLER (Alison Blaire)
Created By:
Tom DeFalco, John Romita Jr., Louise Simonson & Roger Stern
First Appearance:
The Uncanny X-Men #130 (Feb. 1980)
Group Affiliations: Hollywood, The X-Men, Excalibur, Wildways Rebellion
Role: Fad-Based Superhero
PL 10 (145)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (Seventies Music Star) 8 (+12)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 3 (+7, +9 Attractive)
Insight 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Lasers) 2 (+10)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive, Defensive Roll, Daze (Music Star), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Laser Blast), Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork, Ultimate Music Star Skill

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Sound to Light"
"Laser Blast" Blast 10 (Feats: Split, Penetrating 6) (27) -- [33]
    AE: "Flare" Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
    AE: Dazzle Visuals 10 (20)
    AE: "Equilibrium Assault" Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (20)
    AE: "White Light Fog" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Attack) (8)
    AE: "Illusions & 3-D Shapes" Illusion (Visuals) 10 (Flaws: Distracting) (10)
    AE: "Trance-State" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged) (20)
"Boosted Power" Enhanced Advantages 2: Power Attack, Improved Critical (Flare) (Flaws: Requires Extreme Noise) [1]
Immunity 15 (Sensory Dazzles, Sonic Effects) [15]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Laser Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Flare +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Dazzle/Trance/Equilibrium Assault +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (Longshot)
Responsibility (Mojoworld Rebellion)
Enemy (Mojo)
Prejudice (Known Mutant)
Fame- Alison Blaire is a famous singer, and will likely be recognized in public without a disguise.
Responsibility (Career)
Power Loss (Requires Sound)- Dazzler's powers require a certain amount of sound to be utilized effectively- normally super-hero fights are cacaphonous enough that this isn't an issue, but to use higher-level Blasts, she'll need to increase the ambient noise.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 16 (145)

-Dazzler... I just can't get into this character. Way too silly an origin, she's basically like Aquaman with her sheer amount of "no, NOW this character can be taken seriously!" stories & events. It never really works, because she's at-best a C-level character. Her main play came after her failed debut & series (she was initially going to be a cross-over star who had a debut album and a film starring Bo Derek, who was the biggest sex symbol in the U.S. at the time), when Chris Claremont added her to his grim 'n' gritty X-Men "In Australia" portion of his books. She hooked up with Longshot, stuck around for a while (thus ending up as the most-obscure character on the AWESOME "X-Men Arcade Game"), and ended up vanishing to Mojoworld right before the Blue & Gold Strike Force era, where she's mostly stayed since. She's been seen in the Terry Dodson-era X-books as well, but the X-roster has now gotten so big that it's hard to figure out where ANYBODY shows up these days.

-A PL 10 Dazzle/Blast/Nauseate/Stun-based build, Dazzler's in good shape, but a minor-league X-Woman compared to the big guns. She can use all of these powers as long as there is some kind of noise going on (she often plays music while fighting, but these days she just uses the sound of a fight I believe). So I stuck a standard Blast with some Alt-Effects, and threw the Requires Sound potential Complication on them to showcase this, and then gave her a total immunity to sonic dazzles (Galactus once shoved the sound of a GALAXY EXPLODING to make her create a super-blast). See, she doesn't need to be damaged by sound, she just needs some noise PRESENT to use her powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: In-Betweener, Korvac, Impossible Man, Long

Postby Jabroniville » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 pm

MOJO
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & Art Adams
First Appearance: Longshot #4 (Dec. 1985)
Group Affiliations: Mojoworld
Role: The Dumbest X-Villain Ever
PL 9 (165)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 5 (+9)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 3 (+8)
Expertise (Oratory) 8 (+13)
Expertise (Network Executive) 10 (+15)
Expertise (History) 4 (+9)
Perception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+9)
Technology 6 (+11)

Advantages:
Benefit 5 (Ruler of the Mojoverse), Improved Pin, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Death Touch" Weaken Stamina 4 [4]
Immunity 1 (Rogue's Power Drain) [1]
"Tremendous Fat Blob"
Protection 1 [1]
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]
Reach 1 [1]
"Magic" Blast 10 [20]

"Walking Platform" (Flaws: Removable) [22]
Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)
Extra Limbs 5 (4 Legs, 2 Arms, Tail) (5)
"Scorpion Tail" Blast 10 (20) -- (21)
    AE: Damage 10 (Feats: Improved Critical, Reach 2) (12)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Scorpion Tail +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Blasts +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative -2

Defenses: Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Ratings, Power)- Mojoworld's subjects are cowed by television programming, and being the provider of such programming makes Mojo the ruler of the entire place.
Enemy (The X-Men)- Mojo uses the X-Men's adventures as his highest-rated program. Thus, he creates trouble and interference for them to get more ratings.
Power Loss (Followers' Devotion)- Mojo uses the devotion of his subjects on Mojoworld to fuel his powers. If his ratings diminish, so do his powers.
Disabled (Immobile)- As a Spineless One, Mojo is unable to move without his mobile walking platform.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 14 (165)

-As a kid, I ALWAYS hated the Mojo stories. It was always a shining symbol that the story in question would be about the heroes engaging against goofy villains, bizarre adventures, and general mind-screwy stuff when all you wanted was stories about fights. When you're too young to get the jokes about TV executive corruption and modern society's obsession with mind-numbing entertainment, Mojo's just a sign you're about to read artsy-fartsy took-some-LCD self-indulgent stuff from Chris Claremont & Alan Davis. The fact that he looked RIDICULOUS, a big fat yellow dude sitting on a spindly-legged robot, didn't help matters. Then there's the X-Babies, his non-threatening ways (he's SUPPOSED to be ultimate evil, but is ineffective in fights and is written to be stupid and blithering half the time), and the fact that his arch-nemesis is so brutally obviously from the 1980s that he just can't be taken seriously (the blonde mullet isn't even the worst part of him). So even today, I just can't get into Mojo stories.

-Mojo's dangerous purely for being the dictator of an entire universe, giving him unlimited stores of minions & machines to throw against the heroes. Fighting against him is more like a battle in Murderworld, where what you see isn't necessarily what's there, there's traps everywhere, etc., etc. He has a fair bit of power himself, but is woefully inaccurate and no battlefield leader. Half his powers I haven't even seen, because most adventures featuring him don't have him throwing a punch.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlindPugh
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby BlindPugh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am

Jabroniville wrote:DAZZLER (Alison Blaire)

Another member of my ideal X-Men lineup.
Jabroniville wrote:Created By: Tom DeFalco, John Romita Jr., Louise Simonson & Roger Stern

And with a creative team like that it's no wonder.
Jabroniville wrote:(thus ending up as the most-obscure character on the AWESOME "X-Men Arcade Game")

As a fellow lover of that game, surely you must concede at least a fraction of that awesomeness rubs off on Dazzler.

All in all I'm loving the current run of builds! I'm hoping that Dr.Nemesis is up next.
When realities collide- Quicksilver With thanks to Tatooedman.
Shadow war- Bill Sakowski
Toronto's greatest heroes- Green Ronin

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: The Impossible Man, Longshot, Dazzler, Moj

Postby Jabroniville » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

SPIRAL ("Ricochet" Rita Wayword)
Created By:
Ann Nocenti & Arthur Adams
First Appearance: Longshot #1 (Sept. 1985)
Group Affiliations: Mojoworld, Freedom Force, The Sisterhood of Mutants
Role: Really Really Annoying Character to Build, Deus Ex Machina
PL 12 (320)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+14)
Athletics 5 (+11)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+14)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 4 (+10)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+7)
Perception 5 (+9)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 5 (+12)
Technology 8 (+14)
Treatment 2 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Diehard, Equipment (Swords), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Swords), Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Six Arms" Extra Limbs 4 [4]
"Cybernetic Arm" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to One Arm) [2]
"Lots o' Punches" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
Features 1: Always Knows If Someone Speaks Her Name [1]
Immunity 5 (Mind Control) [5]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Super-Cheesy Magical Might"
Teleport 15 (Feats: Change Direction & Velocity) (Extras: Accurate, Easy, Extended, Portal +2, Selective) (122) -- [131]
    AE: "Stun Blast" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
    AE: "Immobility Blast" Snare 12 (Feats: Reversible) (36)
    AE: "Depowering Beam" Affliction 12 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
    AE: Movement 4 (Dimensional Travel 2, Time Travel 2) (Extras: Portal +2, +2 Size, Selective) (28)
    AE: "Out of Phase With The Timestream" Insubstantial 4 (20)
    AE: "Magic Disguise" Morph 3 (Any Humanoid) (15)
    AE: Blast 12 (24)
    AE: "Dimensional Spiral" Concealment (All Senses) 10 (20)
    AE: "Mirror Spiral" Deflect 13 (13)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Cyber-Arm +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Lots of Arms +14 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Swords +14 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Lots of Swords +14 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Magic Blast +12 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Stun/Immobility/Depowering Beams +12 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +16 (DC 26), Toughness +6, Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Metahuman)- With six arms, Spiral cannot pass for an ordinary human.
Enemy (Longshot)- The former stuntwoman fell for the alien, but she was kidnapped by Mojo and made to hate him.
Enemy (Mojo)- Though she works for him, Spiral despises Mojo for the way he acts towards her, and for what she became under his orders. She often disobeys orders.
Power Loss (Magic)- Spiral requires dancing and gesturing to utilize her Magical powers- without the ability to move, she cannot cast spells.

Total: Abilities: 98 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 27 / Powers: 147 / Defenses: 17 (320)

-Spiral is a great big bag of annoying- in her initial appearances she was REALLY powerful, but in modern times she's just mildly cheap- merging a super warrior with a Magic Girl PLUS throwing in Teleportation, and you've got somebody who basically exists to give her teams ludicrous advantages in combat. Her distinctive appearance and character led Chris Claremont to use her a lot in his '80s run on the X-Men, but once he was gone, Spiral basically disappeared except for a few random shots here and there.

-This build is built mostly off of Wikipedia, and partially because I read Taliesin's build and copied some junk, because Spiral did VERY little in most comics I had- she just kind of said a bunch of vague stuff and manipulated events. She's PL 12 because she used to house entire Avengers squads before they settled her power levels down, but she was still very annoying for anyone to fight. So she's PL 11 defensively, PL 12 offensively.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Imp. Man, Longshot, Dazzler, Mojo, Spiral

Postby Jabroniville » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

ETERNITY
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
First Appearance: Strange Tales #138 (Nov. 1965)
Role: Cosmic Being, Conceptual Being
PL 24 (1,160)
STRENGTH
25 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 25 AWARENESS 12 PRESENCE 8

Skills:
Deception 5 (+13)
Expertise (Cosmic Lore) 9 (+34)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+33)
Expertise (Space Travellier) 9 (+34)
Expertise (History) 2 (+27)
Insight 2 (+14)
Intimidation 12 (+20, +28 Size)
Investigation 2 (+14)
Perception 8 (+20)
Persuasion 4 (+12)
Technology 7 (+32)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 6 (Cosmic Status- Is The Universe), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Cosmic Blasts) 4, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Jack-of-All-Trades, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown, Trance, Ultimate Cosmic Lore Skill, Ultimate Science Skill, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Immortal Entity"
Immortality 3 (1 week) [6]
Regeneration 14 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [15]

"Untouchable Substance"
Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Selective, Subtle 2) [23]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 14 (Extras: Impervious 35) [49]
Features 1: May Spend 2 Hero Points and get to Double Area Effects (ie. 4,000ft. Bursts) [1]

"Cosmic Force"
Flight 20 (2,000,000 mph) (40) -- [41]
AE: Speed 20 (2,000,000 mph) (20)
Quickness 20 [20]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) (Extras: Instantaneous) [9]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
"Immune to the Ravages of Space" Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars & Suns) [2]
Senses 7 (Detect Energy- Ranged 4, Acute, Analytical) [7]
"Knows All Languages" Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
"Cosmic Sight" Senses 11 (Extended Vision 8- 1 billion miles, Microvision, Analytical Vision) [11]
"All-Seeing" Remote Sensing 31 (Visual, Hearing) (8,192,000,000 miles) (Feats: Dynamic, Dimensional, Subtle) (Extras: Simultaneous) [127]

"Huge Size" Growth 16 (Str & Toughness +16, +16 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -8 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -16 Stealth) -- (96 feet) [32]

"Wields the Power Cosmic"
"Titanic Damage I" Damage 18 (Extras: Area- 8,388,608,000 trillion miles Burst +51, Penetrating 10) (496) -- [537]
    AE: "Titanic Damage II" Damage 18 (Extras: Area- 8,388,608,000 trillion miles Line +51, Penetrating 10) (496)
    AE: "Titanic Damage III" Damage 18 (Extras: Area- 16,777,216,000 trillion miles Cone +51, Penetrating 10) (496)
    Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Stream" Damage 24 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Energy) (Extras: Area- 2,000ft. Line +7, Selective) (219)
    Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Burst" Damage 24 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Energy) (Extras: Area- 2,000ft. Burst +7, Selective) (219)
    Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 24 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Energy) (Extras: Area- 4,000ft. Cone +7, Selective) (219)
    Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Blast" Blast 32 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Energy, Extended Range 6, Indirect 4, Penetrating 14) (79)
    Dynamic AE: "All-Reaching Blast" Blast 24 (Feats: Dynamic, Variable 2- Any Energy, Indirect, Penetrating 14) (Extras: Perception Range) (75)
    Dynamic AE: Force Field +0 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others 20, Impervious 23) (43)
    Dynamic AE: Illusion 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (All Senses) (71)
    Dynamic AE: Healing 20 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Restorative, Resurrection, Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited to Others) (121)
    Dynamic AE: Mind-Reading 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle) (Extras: Sensory Link, Effortless) (82)
    Dynamic AE: Communication (Mental) 5 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle, Dimensional) (Extras: Area, Selective) (33)
    Dynamic AE: Concealment 10 (All Senses) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) (41)
    Dynamic AE: "Remove Powers" Affliction 17 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (52)
    AE: "Brainwashing" Affliction 18 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Transformed Thoughts & Memories) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Progressive +2) (90)
    AE: "Create Worlds" Create 25 (Feats: Innate, Precise, Increased Mass 20) (Extras: Movable, Continuous) (121)
    AE: "Capable of Nearly Any Effect" Variable (Cosmic) 30 (210)
    AE: "Restructure Reality" Transform 25 (Anything to Anything) (Feats: Increased Mass 30- Planets) (Extras: Continuous) (180)
    AE: Teleport 20 (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (90)
    AE: Movement 9 (Dimensional Travel 3, Time Travel 3, Space Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Attack 20, Area- 500ft. Burst +5 on 20 Ranks) (23)
    AE: "Move The Stars Themselves" Move Object 40 (262,144,000,000 tons) (Extras: Perception Range) (120)
    AE: "Teleport Others" Teleport 20 (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Attack, Ranged) (85)
    AE: "Drain Energy" Affliction 20 (Will; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Perception Ranged +2) (Flaws: Limited to Energy Powers) (40)
    AE: "Bestow Cosmic Awareness" Features 1: Directed Inspiration- May ask the GM a Question With an HP (Extras: Affects Others +0, Area- 120ft. Burst +3) Linked to Senses 4 (Cosmic Awareness- Ranged 3) (Extras: Affects Others +0, Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (20)
    AE: Movement 4 (Dimensional Travel 2, Space Travel +0, Time Travel 2) (Extras: Attack 20, Ranged 20) (48)
    AE: Movement 4 (Dimensional Travel 2, Space Travel +0, Time Travel 2) (Extras: Affects Others 20, Perception Range +2) (30)
    AE: "Sense Energy" Senses 22 (Detect Energy- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Acute & Analytical, Tracking) (22)
    AE: "Sense Life" Senses 22 (Detect Life- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Tracking) (22)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+25 Damage, DC 40)
Cosmic Blast +14 (+32 Ranged Damage, DC 47)
Cosmic Waves +24 Area (+24 Damage, DC 39)
Remove Powers +17 Area (+17 Affliction, DC 27)
Mind-Reading -- (+20 Mind-Reading, DC 30)
Portals +20 (+20 Movement Attack, DC 30)
Drain Energy -- (+20 Perception Ranged Affliction, DC 30)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +30 (+18 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +22

Complications:
Responsibility (Himself)- Eternity demands little other than his own survival- threats to the universe itself (The Infinites, The Infinity Gauntlet, Dormammu) will be met with his aggression, but he cares for little else. For example, he has refused to aid against Amatsu-Mikaboshi because he was a "part of himself", and a "Ruler of the Cosmos" type also doesn't concern him.
Weakness (Attacks Against The Universe)- Certain odd things, like someone observing too much of the universe, can cause Eternity pain.

Total: Abilities: 130 / Skills: 68--34 / Advantages: 40 / Powers: 920 / Defenses: 36 (1,160)

-Eternity is a great idea- the physical, sentient embodiment of the Universe. His visual appearance is FANTASTIC, too. He's all this giant starfield shaped like a person, but with a cool half-mask and a super-long arm or something, making this Ditko-made guy the coolest-looking Cosmic Being in the Marvel Universe by a ways. He's the biggest dog we usually get to see on the Cosmic Scene, being a hyper-unknowable, rather arrogant being with tremendous power. He first appeared being challenged by Dormammu, but has gone on to be the primary opponent of guys as powerful as the wielders of the Infinity Gauntlet. And it's funny that despite all his great power (he basically IS the Universe!), he's often challenged by things like lesser Magical Gods, scientists, Cosmic Cubes, Gauntlet Wielders as Super-Giant Cosmic Guys. But it's the pratfall of being such a powerful guy- the Silver Surfer can often suffer from the same thing. Only Thor in the entire Marvel Universe seems comparatively immune to the "Get your ass kicked to make the newest powerful guy seem OH SO POWERFUL).

-Eternity is often said to be "nigh-omnipotent" and junk, but there's still a TON of stuff he can't do- he's probably been in mortal danger more often than Galactus himself. He was once nearly killed by some advanced races' use of universe-observing technology, and Dormammu & Umar were somehow able to double-team K.O. him. His Power Level could be theoretically anything, but I stuck with PL 24- he's above Galactus, but not by so much that he's unstoppable or unkillable. He can casually move entire worlds (technically it's like moving his own arm or something), blow stuff up, hit massive Area Attacks (he could probably also fire out a Parsec-spanning Burst like Galactus did that one time, but he never has). He is, by a WIDE MARGIN, the most expensive build I've ever done, though he might lose the record before too long :).

-Similar stats would fit for his counterpart, Infinity, who represents Space while he does Time (these differences are immaterial to their powers, really).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:05 pm

Skavenger wrote:How many other people in Marvel have luck powers, anyway?

Jabroniville wrote:I think it's just Longshot, Black Cat, Domino and kinda/sorta The Scarlet Witch.

^_^ And Shamrock of course, assuming you're not intentionally forgetting her.

scc
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Jab's Builds: Longshot, Dazzler, Mojo, Spiral, Eternity

Postby scc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 pm

For a little bit there you were building all the characters I hated like Longshot, Impossible Man but then you surprise me with Eternity. As far as the abstracts go he is not my favorite but still it is cool to see a build of him. Great job!!

Return to “Roll Call”