Jab's Builds: Fear Lords, Dark Man, DC's Thriller, The S-Men

Please, tell us about your character! This section is custom-made just for your heroes (or villains) to hang out in and strut their stuff.
Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Fox, Dingo, Wolf, Coyote, Arthur, Griff

Postby Jabroniville » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 pm

My own personal Goliath-moment: I never realized how hot Demona was until I saw her human form- I don't really get the whole "Gargoyle girls are hot" thing, but that's mainly because I have an issue with the legs & clawed hands. Turns out she's wicked-hot as a regular lady.

DEMONA
Played By:
Marina Sirtis
Role: The Manipulator, Paranoid Freak,
PL 10 (217)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Aerobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+14)
Deception 8 (+12, +14 Attractive)
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+8)
Expertise (History) 9 (+12)
Expertise (Warrior) 6 (+9)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 7 (+10)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 6 (+8)
Persuasion 6 (+10, +12 Attractive)
Stealth 5 (+10)
Technology 3 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 4 (Blaster), Evasion, Fascination (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Unarmed, Blaster), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Startle, Takedown, Taunt

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

"Pact With Macbeth"
Immortality 14 (4 minutes) [28]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Equipment:
"Laser Cannon" Blast 8 (16) -- (17)
    AE: "Mace" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Penetrating 5) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Weapons +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Laser Blaster +11 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Involuntary Transformation (Human By Day)- Demona is eventually afflicted by a magic spell that reverts her to Human form by day. This mortifies the anti-human bigot, but proves useful. However, her Human Form drops all her Powers (save those from the Pact With Macbeth), and reduce her stats to ST 2, STA 2, AGI 3 & FIGHTING 6 (she apparently gains a lot of her fighting skill from her Gargoyle speed, as Elisa absolutely handed her her ass in a fight). The rest of her stats are as normal.
Reputation (Psychotic Loner)- Demona has betrayed everyone with whom she has ever partnered. The Wyvern Clan, Macbeth, Xanatos, and more. She is alone through her own paranoia and machinations, leaving her cold and vicious.
Responsibility ("Alone")- Demona has often sought out new alliances, despite her insane paranoia.
---
Temper- Demona's temper is as fierce as Goliath's.
Prejudice (Monster)
Prejudice (Hates Humanity)- Demona is more hateful of humanity than any other Gargoyle, seeking nothing but the destruction of the entire species. When she discovered Puck had turned Manhattan into an island of Gargoyles, she was actually offended that they weren't dead, and instead given "the GIFT of being a Gargoyle!"
Power Loss (Pact)- If One Lives... Both Shall Live. However, if Macbeth is the one who slays Demona, she will stay dead (and he will finally have his rest). Due to their pact, Demona will be afflicted with whichever conditions Macbeth is (it is unknown as to how far this reaches, though Weisman has suggested that distance weakens the effect, as he was irked when the writers had it happen when they were in separate rooms).
---
Enemy (Macbeth)- Demona betrayed him centuries ago after assuming the worst about his plans- this led to the destruction of Macbeth's kingdom, and the death of his son. He is now Demona's most implacable enemy, and he has hunted her for a dozen lifetimes.
Relationship (Goliath)- The two were once the Gargoyle equivalent of "married", but when she revealed her evil in modern times (and revealed her role in the Clan'd demise), they split apart. She still cares for him somewhat, but is twisted by hate and anger.
Relationship (Thailog)- Thailog has replaced Goliath in Demona's life, but his unnatural evil and disassociation from positive emotions has led him to betray HER, too.
Relationship (Angela)- Demona's first positive emotion in a LONG time came from discovering her & Goliath's daughter, Angela. She hunted her due to her link to the Clan, and was angry at her "I HATE you!" remark, but ultimately chose to sacrifice her safety to save her daughter's life.
Enemy (Elisa Maza)- Once it became clear that Elisa represented Goliath's newfound love of humans, Demona swore vengeance upon her. Her jealousy and anger knows no bounds, and she often specifically tries to destroy Goliath's new love.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 76--38 / Advantages: 35 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 16 (217)

-Oh, Demona, where would "Gargoyles" be without you? Brought in as a 'shocking revelation' that she was still alive early-on, she turned out to be a crazed anti-human murderer right off the gate, and turned on Goliath & company in short order. Still occasionally allying with Xanatos, she even betrayed HIM once too often, and THEN we learn her entire monstrous backstory with Macbeth (he'd saved her & she him, but she finally betrayed him due to her own paranoia, leading to an eternal blood-feud), as well as creating The Hunters. We learn that every problem she has comes from her own nature as a paranoid, hateful lunatic, and thus she is completely alone in the world. She ends up as the most PERSONAL of all the Gargoyles' enemies, especially once most of the others join the side of the angels by series' end.

-It's the nature of Demona's personality that makes her as a villain- physically she's not a match for the entire Clan, and she'd probably lose a straight-up fight to Goliath. She's one of those villains you could innately feel sorry for, because she often had understandable intentions. It's just that she was too crazy to accept the goodness in anyone. It was like you KNEW she was evil, but you could understand why. I can't really think of another villain quite like her out there- this pathetic, flailing, vicious woman who was a dangerous foe while also wailing at her own guilt.

-Demona is built more-or-less like the Boys & Angela, but is much more accurate, equally Goliath in PL, but going WAAAAYYYYYYYY beyond him in points-cost, like a true villain should. She's strong, fast and quite good in the Mental Stats, as well as having tons of Skills & Advantages due to such a long life. She can fight as well as anyone in the series, and can even search out & cast magical spells (using the Grimorum Arcanorum of course). THEN you add in the fact that she can resurrect from any damage in minutes thanks to her link with Macbeth (adding to the Gargoyle Template power-set). She's a bit of a nasty piece of work.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

catsi563
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Jab's Builds: Dingo, Wolf, Coyote, Arthur, Griff, Demona

Postby catsi563 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:09 am

You know what? An Interesting thing about Demona is like Magneto before her I cant actually find it in me to call her evil persay. Did she do evil things? almost certianly City of Stone was a lot of nastiness, as was her wish for all the humans to be gone.

But if you look as her past you see this fearsome warrior who was in many ways actualy scared more often, and this fear drove her to hate. But worse like Magneto before her she had proof of the humans misdeeds. the destruction of her clan was an act of casual brutality, the loss fo the others to the hunter, the betrayal of macbeth a misunderstanding.

Its like she says at the end of City of Stone. "Its the humans, alway the Humans!" her every bedevilment while often of her own making almost always has a human and their perceived or direct betrayal of her and her kind. Also in some ways I think she was psychologicaly damaged alot by her fighting her own natural isntincts. gargoyles protect she saw herself as a protector of her clan but her actions and behaviors lead often to putting her clan in danger or even to its destrctuon on no less then 2 occasions. That had to be hard on her psyche.

In the end she was a villain and committed many evil acts no doubt. But it does beg the interesting question of what if she had heeded Goliaths warning.

or even more so what if she had heeded the word sof Future Goliath in the marriage episode, and what if history had not been immutable? what if she ahd embraced love as Goliath suggested?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

The Litterbox

http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 am

and the worst part is, however right your words are catsi, it's equally true that her hatred is all just an excuse

Demona: "What have I...what have THEY done?"

John Canmore: "What have I...what have THEY done?"

that's the thing about 'evil, but for a good cause'. one needs to find any sort of scapegoat or beleif to cling to, or it will have all been for nothing.
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:34 am

Yeah, however bad Demona's life might be, however sympathetic she might be presented, she lives in a Hell of her own making, and refuses to take responsibility for it. And as long as she blames others for her own mistakes, she's going to continue this vicious circle and remain alone. Red Cloak of Order of the Stick has a similar problem, whereby he's stuck in this downward spiral of evil that he feels compelled to keep doing, because if he acknowledges that he's gone too far or was in the wrong, it will make the sacrifices he's made meaningless, and so he basically keeps trying to bail water out of a boat that's already 3/4ths underwater and sinking fast.

HustlerOne
Zealot
Zealot

Postby HustlerOne » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Was Demona always a paranoid racist? I know she used to work for a dark wizard (can't remember his name right now) who was abusive to her. Perhaps that's what made her hateful to humans even before her clans near destruction in scotland.

Really does make you wonder how Goliath fell for her in the first place. What did he ever see in her to get (nearly?) married to her is beyond me.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Demona wasn't always totally evil. certainly she had ambitions, and viewed pragmatism over clan traditions

that, and at the time of the betrayal, the humans of Castle wyvern were treating the gargoyles like crap, and the captain of the guard agreed with her

then she woke up to the massacre of Haakon altering the deal, and her mind snapped like a twig rather than live with the guilt
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Demona is almost more like Lady Macbeth than the ACTUAL Lady Macbeth (Gruoch) was. Goliath was attracted to her strength, beauty and energy from the looks of things. She was always a bit duplicitous and dangerous, though- betrayed the Castle to the Vikings was the first step. Goliath did note later that the centuries had changed her- it was extremely notable to him right away.

More episode notes:

"High Noon": This is all-star animation here- the best since the Pilot Five-Parter, with all the little flourishes and head-bounces when people talk. This one shows Demona & Macbeth as slaves of the Weird Sisters- I never quite liked how THE VERY NEXT EPISODE showed them doing this- I figured they'd hold off for a bit. Plus, seeing two great villains as mere slaves was disappointing. Demona establishes herself as superior to Brooklyn (same strength, more viciousness), but the old "I feel his pain" leaves her vulnerable to him & Bronx (whose Power Level seems to go up or down based off of what they need- sometimes he's a severe danger to even Demona, at other times any ol' human bad guy can deal with him). Weisman actually discusses his disappointment with parts of this, and I can see it- it's just too many villains for too much of it, and isn't quite as epic as you'd expect a three-way team-up to be. He also complains about Demona's sexpot poses (in front of Elisa, no less) and the fact that the three "Desdemonas" don't have Weird Sister Hair in Coldstone's mind- I guess even the A-team animators screw up once in a while. I like Evil Coldstone going all pervy for the Elisa/Demona catfight (which establishes that Demona SUCKS at fighting in human form).

"Outfoxed": An interesting episode that introduces Fox's daddy, Halcyon Renard, a man obsessed with honor, integrity and being accountable for one's actions. There's some neat moments between Renard & Goliath about Goliath accepting his failures (it was Renard's company that got ripped off a year ago when the Gargoyles were working with Xanatos), but it comes across as rather preachy, and it seems like a weird thing to be obsessed about, this "always accept blame!" thing. I mean, I GET IT, but it's just odd. This one led to some fan complaining about Renard's assistant Preston Vogel looking like a dark-haired version of Owen Burnett. They shoulda known that the show's writing team would plan it a billion episodes in advance that it would be important.

"Revelations": Hahah, I love this one. It totally gave me an appreciation for whacko conspiracy theories and the Illuminati- I was almost kinda sad that the idea's been done before (and is based off of real conspiracy stuff), because it seemed original to Teenage Jab at the time. At least if I rip the idea off for my own stuff, it doesn't seem plagiaristic of any one thing ('course, Weisman admits that this episode freely ripped off an old "Avengers" episode with the "Hotel Cabal"). I never liked how Matt had to basically be all "I'll keep your secret if you do me A FAVOR", but at least he explained it afterwards with his whole plan. And at least Elisa was willing to admit why she hid the Gargoyles from EVERYBODY (even people she trusted). The Hotel itself is like a better, more crazy version of what Arcade throws out in Marvel Comics. I love that I can now recognize the DCAU's "Alfred", Ephram Zimbalist Jr. as Mace Malone.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:17 pm

DETECTIVE MATT BLUESTONE
Played By:
Tom Wilson
Role: The Partner, Conspiracy Nut
PL 5 (65)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 7 (+7)
Expertise (Police Detective) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Investigation 6 (+9)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+3)
Technology 1 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (Member of the Illuminati), Equipment 2 (Police Issue Firearm +5), Improved Aim

Equipment:
"Pistol" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pistol +5 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (NYPD)
Obsession (Taking Down the Illuminati)- Matt has been reading about the Illuminati for years, and is obsessed with discovering the truth about them. He doesn't even realize how close he is- they kept tabs on him with his old FBI partner, and he even became a member after impressing them.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (65)

-I always liked Matt. He was a 'normal' guy, rather than a super-cop, and was never depicted as anything other than a very good detective who could maybe hold his own in a fight. Thus, the writers avoided the usual scenario of making Elisa's partner an incompetent, barely-literate whiny douchebag who always whined after his superior partner. Think of Vernon from "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and how he was the butt-monkey compared to April O'Neil.

-Matt's whole search for The Illuminati was initially played for laughs, and then we found out that he was RIGHT, and he eventually found his own way in through simple detective work. Actually, I think Gargoyles may have the best take on the Illuminate/Freemasons/Whatever in fiction, simply because they're STILL mysterious. Matt merely gets in the front door, but he's nowhere close to who's in charge, and the series never dwelled on it overly-much. Hell, even XANATOS was a mere minor Illuminatus.

-Matt is a solid PL 5. He's good, but not great, at many things, and could hold his own temporarily in combat against most Minion-types, but any really important character would make short work of him. He's like Elisa minus points in pretty much everything.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 pm

ANGELA
Played By:
Brigitte Bako
Role: The New Girl
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+3)
Expertise (Warrior) 3 (+4)
Insight 1 (+2)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Relationship (Father, Goliath)- Angela wants a real father-daughter relationship with Goliath, which he rejects by Gargoyle custom. Eventually, the two do grow close.
Relationship (Mother, Demona)- Unlike Goliath, Demona is harsh, cruel and vindictive. Angela's last words were a snarling "I HATE you!", having given up growing close to Demona as she had with her father. Still, when she is feared lost, Angela is upset.
Relationship (Broadway)- The two hook up as the series winds down, and will eventually bear offspring.
Responsibility (More Human Than Gargoyle)- Angela was raised by humans, and as such, has little knowledge of Gargoyle culture. She acts like a human, and expects relationships to go accordingly.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (118)

-Angela was a second season addition to the cast, once the focus shifted from the Manhattan Clan to "Goliath & Co. travel the globe to fight every mythological figure ever because Weisman and his buddies chose Folklore as a Major in College". She's one of the Eggs that disappeared in the show's initial arc, now given the classic "Age to adulthood" that all comic character children ever have recieved (though this is one of the more clever explanations for it), and she's Goliath's daughter. Of course, ol' Goliath thinks that all the Gargoyles in the clan should share 'fatherhood', but that's not how Angie sees it. She's sort of the "Elisa" of this part of the series, now being the naiive outsider who gets everything explained to them, such as why nobody wants to talk about her Mom, whomever she is.

-Angela was a nice little character, really, and a solid addition to a testosterone-heavy cast of misfits. More calm than most of the Boys, she was nonetheless more trusting and innocent than they were.

-Angela stats up mostly like Brooklyn, as they're comparable sizes, though she gives up a tiny bit of strength to him. She's an excellent team player; she spent her fighting days as a member of the Avalan Clan against the Archmage (can't really stat him up, by the way- it's basically "Variable Power" with all that crap he has on him) and spent the rest of her time teaming with Goliath, Elisa & Bronx on the World Tour. So she's pretty strong, very fast, and has a good set of skills, despite being raised far outside our world.

WanderingMystic
Hireling
Hireling

Postby WanderingMystic » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Jabroniville wrote:Archmage (can't really stat him up, by the way- it's basically "Variable Power" with all that crap he has on him)

Start out with the someone about on par with the magus (a bit physically weaker). The eye of Odin grants him massive stat increased brings him physically up to around someone like Macbeth and a lot in Int and Awar. The Eye allows him to eat his own book removing the device part from it lastly slap on the phoenix gate and you have an Archmage

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Wolf, Coyote, Arthur, Griff, Demona, Angela

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 am

I'm just about to the "Avalon" arc in my DVD watching, so I'll see how statt-able he really is there :).

More about the "World Tour" arc, and something that I didn't remember: The sheer length of it (20 episodes, or about one-third of the ENTIRE SHOW) was added to by endless repeats. This is probably why I only saw the whole run years after it'd been cancelled, when it was on Canada's "Family Channel" (basically a Disney Channel).

This meant that a minor arc was "interminable", Weisman's assessment of the fans' opinions. He basically admits that the whole thing went on way too long, and that the writers hadn't realized how popular Hudson & the Trio were with fans. He still doesn't apologize for it however, as he liked expanding the world, the cast, and the stories. Personally, I still find it the weakest part of the entire show (ESPECIALLY considering it followed the City of Stone/Love Story/Etc. portion of the show, which was it's creative peak.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Jab's Builds: Wolf, Coyote, Arthur, Griff, Demona, Angel

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Other episodes:
"Double Jeopardy": The age-old classic storytelling trope- The Evil, Super-Aged Clone. Well Thailog just looks about as bad-ass as humanly possible (black skin and white hair, plus he's a Gargoyle). And of course he betrays everybody, proving even XANATOS screws up once in a while. And yeah- smarter than Xanatos and as strong as Goliath?

"Upgrade": The Pack starts actively jobbing to the Clan four-on-four, so they decide to get an upgrade with cybernetics & genetic engineering, while Dingo just gets a suit of sweet armour. This was kind of necessary and cool, as the Pack was notoriously weak by this point already (being a bunch of human mercs with gadgets), and needed a big boost to stay competitive. Of course, after this episode, they started jobbing with even numbers again, but it was something. I love Jackal's response of "well THAT's sicker than usual" when Hyena drools all over the giant Coyote-bot. Wolf gains a more bestial appearance as the fight gets longer, but the show soon dropped that bit since it didn't come across clearly enough.

"Protection": This one always irked me, but at least it's established that Dracon doesn't REALLY think Elisa is a crooked cop on the take (granted, a woman like that could probably make me listen to an album of Katy Perry songs, so who knows what Elisa could persuade him to believe?). But everything here just feels too... awkward. Everyone's too gullible, and Tony is somehow dumb enough to say IN FRONT OF WITNESSES that he's going to blow up a store. And then he & his buddies open fire on the police- now I know it's just a cartoon, but they aspired to a bit of realism here. NO professional criminal would be dumb enough to have a firefight with the cops- if he ended up killing Matt & Elisa, then the entirety of the New York Police Department would've come down on his head. My best friend is a cop, and he's pretty clear on this- unless Dracon turned himself in, he'd have about a zero-percent chance of survival in New York if he'd actually iced a couple of cops in such a manner. Elisa babe-ing it up to intimidate people into giving protection is too funny to be dramatic.

The best part is actually Greg Weisman's notes on this episode- he said that "Jalapena!" being shouted was a Keith David thing that he wrote into the scripts. But Greg got SO into it that he over-used it, pissing off the entire staff (and a portion of the fanbase, apparently). Since I always felt it was kind of cheesy, I see where they're coming from.

"The Cage": The Labyrinth Clan returns, finally settling on a location (and set of appearances- Talon & Maggie turn into sleeker designs instead of messy, fuzzy characters). I wasn't so into these guys, but the episode's an interesting display of Power Levels- the guys are about equal to the Trio in combat, but their Blasts give them an advantage (they can shoot from afar while flying and stuff). They're less ACCURATE with them, however, as nearly every shot misses (but what DOES hit tends to leave victims a little loopy, showing that they're harder than physical blows, but not by a HUGE amount). Claw actually gets pushed back by Broadway and is unable to break a metal grating without leverage. Funny stuff: I spot Fang turn into Talon a few times thanks to model errors. At least it's not as bad as "Transformers" could get with that.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:12 pm

ANANSI
Played By:
LeVar Burton
Role: Trickster God
PL 10 (205)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Survival) 2 (+5)
Expertise (Craft Webs) 7 (+10)
Expertise (History) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+13 Size)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 6 (+5, -3 Size)

Advantages:
Benefit (Child of Oberon- King of Spiders), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bite), Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
"Arachnid Physiology"
"Arachnid Senses" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
"Tremorsense" Senses 4 (Ranged Touch- Accurate 2 & Extended) [4]
"Chitinous Exoskeleton" Impervious Toughness 9 [9]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Burrowing 2 [2]

"Too Fat For the Ground" Enhanced Fighting 4 & Dodge 4 (Flaws: Limited to When On His Webs) [6]
"Natural Size" Growth 8 (Str & Sta +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (24 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]

"Spider-Bite" Strength-Damage +1 Linked to Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) & Affliction 4 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Quirk: Takes 3-4 Rounds to Start -2) (29) -- [30]
    AE: "Webbing" Snare 8 (Flaws: Touch Range) (16)
"Child of Oberon"
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Immortality 5 [10]
Regeneration 4 [4]
"Control Spiders" Mind Control 1 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +5) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) [7]
"Magic" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Exhausted/Transformed) (Extras: Continuous +3) [24]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Web-Fighting +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Bite +8 (+11 Damage, +6 Weaken & +4 Affliction, DC 26, 16 & 14)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (+7 On Webs, DC 13-17), Parry +4 (+8 On Webs, DC 14-18), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Anansi cannot use his legs to easily manipulate objects.
Motivation (Eating)- Anansi wants more people to hunt for him- he gets lazy and wants others to do all the work.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 123 / Defenses: 15 (205)

-Anansi is a Child of Oberon that threatened Goliath & Co. in an episode featuring Elisa's mother (Nichelle Nichols, another "Star Trek" alum) teaching children the story of werepanthers. And in this episode, we realize that the legends are TRUE, and some modern man turned himself into a werepanther, then did it to his GIRLFRIEND, so that she would always be with him (ain't it always the way, fellas? You turn a girl into a werepanther and is she appreciative? NO. Every single "I turned my girlfriend into a werepanther" story from my friends ends this way). Anansi here is effectively an upgraded version of my Giant Spider build, except that he's "so fat that he can't fight" when not on his web, turning him into a big pushover if you just tear all the big tendrils off. Otherwise, he's a PL 10 Monster in combat (+5 Impervious and +10 Damage are pretty crazy in the Gargoyles-Verse, so it would take the entire squad to fight him).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Jabroniville » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 pm

HALCYON RENARD
Played By:
Robert Culp
Role: Honest Businessman
PL 9 (29)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -2 AGILITY -4
FIGHTING -2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+12)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 9 (+16)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth- Multi-Billionaire), Equipment 6 (Super-Chair), Inventor, Ultimate Technology Skill

Equipment:
"Super-Chair" (30 points)
Enhanced Dodge 4 & Parry 2 (6)
Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)
Flight 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Hovering) (1)
"Laser Blaster" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate 4) (22)

Offense:
Unarmed -2 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Laser +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative -4

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -2, Fortitude -2, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Integrity)- Halcyon's main schtick is integrity, honour and accountability- he hates it when people whine, shift blame, and lie. This obsession has cost him his wife Anastasia and daughter Janine, and left him fairly bitter.
Disabled (Dying)- Halcyon is wasting away, crippled without his Chair. Eventually, fear of death with cause him to break his own personal rules and steal the Jewish Golem of Prague.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (29)

-Halcyon was a neat side-character, adding a new aspect to the generic "Rival Company" in the series' premiere. His unique obsession was a trait that Greg Weisman admires, and so we got preached to about it for a while. It was kind of awkward, but I found it interesting- in a world where people shift blame and avoid taking responsibility ALL THE TIME, it's good to have SOMEBODY there teaching the kids (and adults) at home how to act.

PRESTON VOGEL
Played By:
Peter Scolari
Role: Right-Hand-Man
PL 2 (55)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 7 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+8)
Expertise (Business) 7 (+12)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 8 (+13)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Loyalty to Halcyon Renard)- Preston Vogel is the ultimate Right-Hand Man at first- loyal, self-sacrificing and straight as an arrow.
Motivation (Money)- Vogel is a loyal lieutenant to Renard, and will only betray him for TONS of money. He also justifies several nasty operations (such as clear-cutting a Mayan forest) to get more of it.
Secret (Lack of Integrity)- Despite working for Renard, Vogel keeps many secrets from him, often engaging in practices the boss would likely find distasteful.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (55)

-Vogel is a stick-in-the-mud character, but a bit interesting nonetheless. He's basically like Owen Burnett (and is, in fact, the template for Owen), and yet another example of the Garg-verse's obsession with "Right-Hand Man" characters- you've got Owen, Brooklyn (sometimes Hudson), Glasses, The Shoulder-Pad Gargoyle in old Scotland, and now Preston. However, Preston's a bit corrupt, despite his boss being MISTER UPRIGHT AND HONOURABLE.

THE GOLEM
Played By:
Robert Culp
Role: Unstoppable Powerhouse
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA -- AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+12)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 9 (+16)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Benefit 4 (Wealth- Multi-Billionaire), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Inventor, Power Attack, Ultimate Technology Skill

Powers:
"Unstoppable Golem"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 13 (Extras: Impervious 13) [26]
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Integrity)- Halcyon's main schtick is integrity, honour and accountability- he hates it when people whine, shift blame, and lie. This obsession has cost him his wife Anastasia and daughter Janine, and left him fairly bitter.
Disabled (Dying)- Halcyon is wasting away, crippled without his Chair. Eventually, fear of death with cause him to break his own personal rules and steal the Jewish Golem of Prague.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 11 (139)

-Halcyon embodying the body of the Golem of Hebrew Mythology (just like Marvel Comics, the only religion that ISN'T real is apparently the Christian one :)) is among the strongest beings in the entire Garg-verse- it's strong enough to grab a VTOL (Vertical Take-Off & Landing) ship ever so common to this universe in mid-flight, then viciously slam it into the ground, breaking the whole damn thing. He's a big, ponderous construct that doesn't have much in the way of agility, but he doesn't need it- he's virtually unstoppable to most harm capable of being dished out by even guys in Goliath's weight class. Put him into the Marvel Universe and he's a much more normal, basic guy, but HERE? He's just too tough.

Mike5000us
Zealot
Zealot

Re: Jab's Gargoyle Builds: Griff, Demona, Angela, Golem, Anansi

Postby Mike5000us » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:19 pm

I am so loving your Gargoyle builds please make more!!! Can I make a request? Can you stat up the Archmage and the Weird Sisters?
"Ah man, I guess I'm just going to have to kill you now!"

Return to “Roll Call”