Cosmo the Moon Monkey, now for sale

Check here for Official Announcements. Seriously.
Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Cosmo the Moon Monkey, now for sale

Postby Nikchick » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:55 pm

Cute little Cosmo plushies, that is!

Cosmo the Moon Monkey is the lovable blue furry sidekick to Freedom City's crime-fighting Atom Family. Eager to advance his career, Cosmo has obtained an agent and created his own line of look-alike blue monkey plushies. We're proud to support Cosmo in his efforts, and hope you will help him out, too.

The first batch of Cosmo the Moon Monkey plushies sold out before we could even put them on the Web, but now they're back in stock. Get yours today!

http://www.greenronin.com/cgi-bin/produ ... rodid=9101
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

Kid Vorpal
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Kid Vorpal » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:16 pm

HAHA - worship the blue monkey!

the Haunt
Bystander
Bystander

Postby the Haunt » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:11 am

It may be a nice blue monkey but lets face it, what the fans "REALLY" want are ~deep sigh~ Angel Android dolls. :lol:

"Go away monkeys,..... bad monkeys..." -the Rock
People are afraid of you Nations are afraid of you. - Superman
I'm a Kheran Warlord. I'd be disappointed if they weren't - Mr. Majestic

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:40 am

the Haunt wrote:It may be a nice blue monkey but lets face it, what the fans "REALLY" want are ~deep sigh~ Angel Android dolls. :lol:

I can guarantee you those would cost more than $12. :D

Nicole
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

MDSnowman
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby MDSnowman » Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:01 am

Nikchick wrote:
the Haunt wrote:It may be a nice blue monkey but lets face it, what the fans "REALLY" want are ~deep sigh~ Angel Android dolls. :lol:

I can guarantee you those would cost more than $12. :D

Nicole

Hey if you knew what I spent in RP products buying my own Angel Android would't be too far out of the question.

Buddha the DM
Hireling
Hireling

Postby Buddha the DM » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:38 pm

MDSnowman wrote:Hey if you knew what I spent in RP products buying my own Angel Android would't be too far out of the question.

Same here man.
Harold "Buddha the DM" Nichols
AIM:
Buddha the DM // ICQ: 42065919
Buddha's Character Archive

Comissar Agony
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Comissar Agony » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:41 pm

the monkey is weak compared to one life form toothy the true lord of all existance to find out about toothy you must im the pope of toothyism me
Bruce:In my head i don't call myself bruce
Terry:what do you call yourself?
::Bruce stares::
Terry:thats who i am now
Bruce:tell my subconscious that

Sentinel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sentinel » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:07 am

OK, so the little blue monkey is cute and al, but I think what we players really wnat to see is less time spent on nice plushy toys and more game related material. What happen to the Nocturnals Release, huh? And the release of the first Mutant & Masterminds Annual is NOT expected in stores this January, but they give us a toy monkey instead...Please.

More offical gaming material before more cute dolls....

OK...

Unless they are the Angel action figures.
Arghhhh, where did we go wrong?

Good Gaming Everyone
Justice needs your help, young Hero!
YAHOOOOO!

Sentinel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sentinel » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:10 am

OK, so the little blue monkey is cute and all, but I think what we players really want to see is less time spent on nice plushy toys and more time spent on giving us more game related material. What happen to the Nocturnals Release, huh? We have to wait until March just to see it pushed back again? And the release of the first Mutant & Masterminds Annual is NOT expected in stores this January from all the data I can collect from on-line and gaming store sources, but they give us a toy monkey instead...Please.

OK...

Unless they are the Angel action figures.
Arghhhh, where did we go wrong?

Good Gaming Everyone

YAHOOOOO!

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:35 am

Sentinel wrote:OK, so the little blue monkey is cute and al, but I think what we players really wnat to see is less time spent on nice plushy toys and more game related material. What happen to the Nocturnals Release, huh? And the release of the first Mutant & Masterminds Annual is NOT expected in stores this January, but they give us a toy monkey instead...Please.

Well, Sentinal, it's not as if the Green Ronin Design Staff is sitting around sewing the monkeys instead of designing the books. *I* had an opportunity to BUY some blue monkeys this summer, and so I BOUGHT them. It took about thirty seconds to complete the deal with my supplier.

The Nocturnals book has been resolicited for March because it's changed a bit during the design process, including more then doubling the size of the original comic that Dan did for the book.

The Annual is nearly final, and is NOT significantly delayed from its announced release.

Thanks so much for your support. I'm ever so sorry that I tried to share the cute and funny little product of Cosmo the Moon Monkey with you. Rest assured that I won't be going out of my way to do so with anything else like this in the future. :x
Nicole Lindroos

Green Ronin Publishing

www.greenronin.com

Sentinel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sentinel » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:54 am

Hey, man, I'm sorry, I really had no idea that the little blue plush toy ment so much to all the M&M gamers out their. Perhaps I have become to use to the fact that many other d20 systems seem to have books upon books upon books coming out at a fairly fast pace (yes, sometimes to fast ). And, hey, I did admit that it was cute, right? Maybe our group should also buy one to stand up as a DM's buddy so to speak, Protector of the GM Screen. And I did agree with the comment about the Angel Androids also. So if I hurt anyone with my comment about preferring more gaming material over more plush toys I am sorry. I think I have been under the effects of a Wizards of the Coast/Sword & Sorcery Studio brainwashing for far too long.

YAHOOOOO!

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Shadow » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:13 pm

Um, Sentinel, just why are you under the impression that plush toys and gaming books are made by the same people, such that if one is being made the other is not?

Good grief. I'm sure Green Ronin farms that stuff out. And if GR had as many people and resources as WotC, I'm sure they would have enough volume to please you. If you want them to have that many people and resources, I suggest buying their products, even if they're plush blue monkeys, rather than complaining.
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Sentinel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sentinel » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:53 pm

I just keep apologizing for not liking the little blue plush toy as much as some others do. Let me see, I did already give in to saying that my group would buy it. And I own all the other M&M store bought products. I guess I just want to give even more money to Green Ronin's M&M department, what else can I say. If they put out anything I will buy it. If that will help out the Company, great. I think that is what All of us want to do. And I am thinking about maybe getting two of them so I can give one as a gift to my 5 year old nephew who loves monkeys! I think He would really like it. Tell me, does your Cosmo have small parts that would not be good for a child his age? That would be the only thing keeping me from buying two of them. As a father of two (boys 10 & 11), myself things like that concern me as you can well understand.

YAHOOOOO!

Ronin
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Ronin » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:11 pm

Sentinel wrote:I just keep apologizing for not liking the little blue plush toy as much as some others do. Let me see, I did already give in to saying that my group would buy it. And I own all the other M&M store bought products. I guess I just want to give even more money to Green Ronin's M&M department, what else can I say. If they put out anything I will buy it. If that will help out the Company, great. I think that is what All of us want to do. And I am thinking about maybe getting two of them so I can give one as a gift to my 5 year old nephew who loves monkeys! I think He would really like it. Tell me, does your Cosmo have small parts that would not be good for a child his age? That would be the only thing keeping me from buying two of them. As a father of two (boys 10 & 11), myself things like that concern me as you can well understand.

Sentinel, this is not about you not liking plush blue monkeys. Can you explain why you thought you had to give Nik and the other Green Ronin staff grief for doing a little extra for us, their fans? They may not put out as much of a volume as is available for D&D (remember that they have far, far fewer people than WoTC and all the D&D supplement companies, including I might add Green Ronin itself), but what they put out is of excellent quality.

Nik, please don't let the attitude of the rare complainer discourage you. I think I speak for the majority (and I'm certain that they will inform me if I am mistaken :) ) that the extra efforts like Cosmo plushes are appreciated.
"That was back when comic book worlds were places you wanted to escape to... not from." - Squirrel Girl

Sentinel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Sentinel » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:55 am

I am thinking about maybe getting two of them so I can give one as a gift to my 5 year old nephew who loves monkeys! I think He would really like it. Can any one tell me does Cosmo have small parts that would not be good for a child his age? That would be the only thing keeping me from buying two of them.

YAHOOOOO!

Return to “Official Announcements”