No time to write my own adventures.

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Mouseguard77
Bystander
Bystander

No time to write my own adventures.

Postby Mouseguard77 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:18 am

Hi guys.

i'm new to M&M but not to rpg's.

Because of family commitments and career commitments I simply dont have enough time to erite my own adventures anymore like i used to.

I find time to read a few times a week, while on trains etc, so using other premade scenarios is ideal for me.

but ive noticed unlike other rpg games ive played D&D, WFRP. M&M seems to lack any premade material as far as scenarios and adventures go. I assume there is still a good amout of backing for M&M as it is pretty ground breaking as far as super power/ hero rpg's go.

is there any sites out there, places to download adventures from ? has anyone had good experiences adapting other adventures from other systems to work with M&M? are there places to get good solid ideas and adventures or even campaigns from ?

cheers for your help

MG

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: No time to write my own adventures.

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:50 am

2E or 3E? Green Ronin has a number of adventures for both, more for 2E, both free and paid. DriveThruRPG and OpenRPG had various GR and third-party adventures for sale, although I don't know if anything's been released for 3E yet. As for adaptation, most adventures from 1E and 2E can be converted pretty readily and I've heard a couple people say that it's not difficult to convert other True20 games over.

kipling
Superhero
Superhero

Postby kipling » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:15 am

Not prepared adventures but you might be able to save some time by stealing from other peoples' stories of their adventures.

Just a thought.
Stories: Occult Investigation, Freedom City, Listening to the Universe
Not sick now, the tumour is out--thanks for wondering!

hypervirtue
Zealot
Zealot

Postby hypervirtue » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Mouseguard77 wrote:Hi guys.

i'm new to M&M but not to rpg's.

Because of family commitments and career commitments I simply dont have enough time to erite my own adventures anymore like i used to.

I find time to read a few times a week, while on trains etc, so using other premade scenarios is ideal for me.

but ive noticed unlike other rpg games ive played D&D, WFRP. M&M seems to lack any premade material as far as scenarios and adventures go. I assume there is still a good amout of backing for M&M as it is pretty ground breaking as far as super power/ hero rpg's go.

is there any sites out there, places to download adventures from ? has anyone had good experiences adapting other adventures from other systems to work with M&M? are there places to get good solid ideas and adventures or even campaigns from ?

cheers for your help

MG

M&M is unique in that there is no "standard model" like there is with D&D and other games. That makes it hard to write really good premade adventures.

"Lets make a murder mystery!" Is very difficult when one of your PC's smiles and says, "Okay, we are at the scene of the crime? I use postcognition to look back in time and see what happened and who did it."

"The villains have trapped the civilians in a bank vault!"
That's cool. We have insane super strength, teleportation, insubstantial, dimensional travel, etc.

M&M it is very important to know the character in question, and therefore it simply doesn't lend itself easily to pre-made adventures.

I learned this when my old character Soulfire partook in the published adventure, "Little League."

Soulfire was a wizard who had his own Saturday morning cartoon show (and this justified the Feat "cool") and was very attractive and social. So it was all too easy for us to win every single diplomacy check with the regressed Freedom League. Our cadre of powers made that entire adventure more or less trivial without exceptionally heavy editing.

My advice for you, honestly, and not being cruel here, is to simply find the time. It is well worth it.

I used to use a digital voice recorder to "write" my adventures down, I found that helped me a lot.
One can lift a rock with pure power, but a pure heart can move mountains.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”