MANGAVERSE MADNESS!!! Episode 9 (Rainbow Princess)

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: MANGAVERSE MADNESS!!! Episode 6

Postby prodigyduck » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 pm

DEXTER, Boy Genius

Real Name Dexter Freeman (BC: Neil Patrick Harris)
Affiliation: Independent

STR 10 (+0), DEX 10 (+0), CON 12 (+1)
INT 24 (+7), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

SKILLS
Computers 7 (+14), Craft: Chemical 7 (+14), Craft: Electronic 7 (+14), Craft: Mechanical 7 (+14), Craft: Structural 7 (+14), Disable Device 7 (+14), Drive 3 (+3), Knowledge: Earth Sciences 3 (+10), Knowledge: History 3 (+10), Knowledge: Life Sciences 15 (+22), Knowledge: Physical Sciences 3 (+10), Knowledge: Popular Culture 3 (+10), Knowledge: Technology 7 (+14), Language: 3 (French, German, Latin [English is native]), Medicine 3 (+5), Notice 3 (+5), Perform: Keyboards 3 (+4), Pilot 3 (+3)

FEATS
Attack Specialization 3 (Pistols), Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor

POWERS
Neural Disruptor:
Device 12 (Easily Removed) – 36 points
Stun 10 (Extra: Range – Ranged [+1]), Linked to Drain Intelligence 10 (Extra: Range – Ranged [+1], Total Fade [+1]; Power Feat: Slow Fade 6 [1/day])

COMBAT
Initiative
+0
Attack +3
Neural Disruptor +9 (Ranged, Stun 10 plus Drain 10)
Unarmed +3 (Melee, Damage 0)
Grapple +3

SAVES
Defense
13 (+3 base); flat-footed 11
TGH +1, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +9

DRAWBACKS
Nemesis:
Margaret “Dizzy” Dryden.

Ability Scores 22, Skills 22 (88 ranks), Feats 6, Powers 36, Combat 12, Saves 13, Drawbacks –0 = 111

:!: Dexter is a character who wil slowly come into his won. He is only PL 10 at the momoent due to his impressive Life Sciences skill rank. Otherwise, he would be far less in PL. Currently, he is a joke of a nemesis for Dizzy, but he will have his day!
Last edited by prodigyduck on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Terrorism is the tactic of the weak." -Reza Aslan, Muslim Scholar

Mediocrity always attacks excellence.

Please see my MnM Beastiary.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:28 pm

DEIRDRE, The Dancer
Real Name Deirdre Freeman (BC: Demi Moore)
Affiliation: Independent

STR 34 (+12) / 28 (+9), DEX 18 (+4), CON 28 (+9)
INT 16 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+11), Bluff 7 (+9), Drive 3 (+7), Handle Animal 7 (+9), Intimidate 3 (+5), Knowledge: Current Events 3 (+6), Knowledge: Popular Culture 7 (+10), Notice 3 (+7), Perform: Dance 7 (+9), Sense Motive 3 (+7), Swim 0 (+12)

FEATS
All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Attractive 2, Chokehold, Dodge Focus 3, Environmental Adaptation (underwater), Favored Environment (underwater), Improved Grapple, Improved Grab, Improved Pin, Power Attack, Uncanny Dodge (hearing)

POWERS
(6) Enhanced Strength 6
(6) Flight 3 (50 mph)
(3) Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, High Pressure)
(2) Super-Senses 2 (Darkvision)
(12) Super-Strength 6 (heavy lift: 40 tons [90 tons underwater])
(5) Swimming 5 (50 mph)

COMBAT
Initiative
+4
Attack +7
Unarmed +7 (Melee, Damage 9)
Grapple +22, +25 underwater

SAVES
Defense
20 (+7 base, +3 dodge); flat-footed 13
TGH +9, Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +7

DRAWBACKS
(1) Power Loss (Enhanced Strength [1 rank per 10 minutes removed from water])

Ability Scores 62, Skills 13 (52 ranks), Feats 15, Powers 34, Combat 28, Saves 9, Drawbacks –1 = 160

:!: Dee-Dee is the constant companion of her brother. She has been genetically modified with dolphin DNA to become a superhuman being and Dexter's physical protector. Future genetic modifications will occur as Dexter increases in power and influence.
Last edited by prodigyduck on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Thu May 12, 2011 9:06 am

EPISODE 7: THE LORD OF THE RINGS (Yeah... I know...)

Finally relaxing from her day at school, Dizzy decides to find the Prismatic Rings. The team asks to borrow Priscilla’s car to find the rings. Upon seeing her massive 1970s auto, Akane mentions: “I think if we rented a yacht it would be smaller.” However, Priscilla mentions she needs her car to go out that evening. Thus, the team borrows Stanford’s Mini Cooper.

The team travels out to Pacific Heights and finds the energy of the rings very quickly using Dizzy's scanner. Hans and Dizzy leap over the wall while Akane transforms into a bird and scouts the home. While the others wait, Akane witnesses a blond man and woman fighting in a dojo with broadswords. Akane enters the home as a squirrel and discovers the scent of the Last Son. In a fit of fey-like vengeance, she chews through all of his entertainment system’s electrical wires and clothes in the hamper.

Akane witnesses the blond pair leaving the dojo and entering the bathhouse for post-workout cleaning and... personal grooming. Akane eventually returns to the others.
Dizzy: “Did you find the rings?”
Akane: “Oh… No.”

As the inhabitants are “distracted with grooming” the team enters the home to find the Prismatic Rings. Dizzy traces the energy into the dojo, where the Orange Ring is sitting on a pedestal. She notices a pressure plate security system on the pedestal and attempts to disarm it. Before she can complete the task, the blond man enters the dojo.

Akane quickly turns everyone invisible. Despite this, the man senses their presence and summons armor with the Purple Ring, revealing him to be the Last Son!

Akane lashes out with a fey sword and severs the hand of the Last Son. Hans quickly punches the staggered man, knocking him out. However, at that moment, the woman enters the room.

Noticing her dying partner, she transforms into her true Valkyrie form and attempts to stab Akane with her golden sword. Akane quickly assumes her spirit form, and the sword passes harmlessly through her body. Dizzy grabs the Orange Ring and runs away. Akane uses her telekinesis to grab the Last Son’s hand and also flees. Hans follows suit.

As the team runs away, they witness a flock of ravens fly towards the mansion and a bright light flashes behind them. They quickly get into the car and rush away.

Arriving home, Dizzy is in shock from the violence. While Hans calms her down, Akane goes outside, removes the Purple Ring from the severed hand, and immolates the hand with fox fire.

Later, Dizzy combines the rings and places them on her finger. Her body is suddenly transformed into prismatic energy and she feels herself in touch with the cosmos. She witnesses a light from above and gestures upwards, creating a rainbow bridge. Deciding against using the rings immediately, Dizzy removes them and hands them to Akane for safe keeping.

That evening, while everyone else sleeps, Akane goes out to commune with the spirits. She contacts an urban spirit who is amazed at all the supernatural activity in the area. He suggests Akane speak with the dryad in Pacific Heights to learn more. To get the dryad’s attention, she will need a suitable “lure”: a young handsome man. Akane uses her powers to visit Claude in his dream and possess his body. She takes Claude to the park and summons the dryad. The nymph agrees to find out what happened.

When the dryad returns, she mentions Thorfyr Viddarson was attacked and a flock of Valkyries took him away. She tells Akane about the events of WWII and Ragnarok; how the Asgardians were thrown out of their kingdom and scattered across Earth. The dryad was, in fact, placed in San Francisco to keep an eye of Thorfyr and his doings, as he was seeking out a way to return to Asgard. All the ways were sealed by the Daughters of Yggdrasil, the Cherubim, and the Kirin. However, since a Bifrost Bridge was recently seen in San Francisco (oops) a new way may have been found.

The dryad accepts Claude as payment for her information, promising to return him at sunrise. Akane returns to the Donoghue home and tells Dizzy and Hans what she has discovered.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: MANGAVERSE MADNESS!!! Episode 8

Postby prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

EPISODE 8. INTO THE RAINBOW KINGDOM

To prepare for their journey into Asgard, Dizzy builds “The Juggernaut,” a massive tank-like device. It has six legs, rather than treads, for all-terrain travel. The Juggernaut is also equipped with VTOL flight capabilities.
Akane: “You built an AT-AT… it’s not very decorative.”
Dizzy: “I built it LAST NIGHT!”

Dizzy spends the rest of the week putting final touches on the Juggernaut, including wood paneling and brass fixtures for her signature steampunk look. In the meantime, she and “Jenny” go to school for their special courses.

Wanting to document their trip into Asgard, Akane wants to get a camera. She and Dizzy go shopping for a good digital camera. Shortly afterwards, Akane becomes a nuisance with her taking pictures of everyone and everything. She uses her powers to sneak into people’s rooms while they are doing private things and take pictures of them. Akane then prints out the pics and show them off for everyone to see. During this, Stanford sees a picture of Hans giving Dizzy an “O” face.
Dizzy: “I fell down… and he was… helping me up…”

Eventually, the weekend comes and the final preparations are made. Dizzy sits down with Stanford and informs him of what they are planning to do. He asks her to be careful and know that his blessings are with her.

Akane, Dizzy, and Hans pile into the Juggernaut and create the Rainbow Bridge. The Juggernaut begins walking up the bridge as though it was a solid object. Suddenly, they are transported through space (insert 2001 scene with rushing lights) and find themselves in a realm of towering buildings made of gold, silver, and gemstones of all the colors of the rainbow. The sky is filled the aurora borealis.

As they walk towards the buildings, a massive pair of figures leap out from the sides and blocks their path. These figures appear to be massive bear-like creatures with glowing runes along their arms and bellies. More of these ursine figures appear around the Juggernaut and order the occupants to surrender. The team also witnesses as a herd of horse, their hides of all the colors of the rainbow charge towards them from out of the sky; running as though they can walk on the very air. Akane identifies these creatures as ki-rin; celestial horses from the Asian mythos.

Finally, another horse approaches. This horse carries a rider: a beautiful blonde woman with sparkling blue armor with rainbow bands, and a dazzling scepter topped with a bright star-shaped gem.

The woman identifies herself as the Princess of New Asgard and orders the team to evacuate the Juggernaut and explain their intrusion. Dizzy leaves the vehicle and approaches the princess, followed from a distance by a fox-shaped Akane (towards whom the Princess smiles). Dizzy explains they are explorers interested in science and knowledge, with no designs of violence. The Princess confers with the ursine-like creatures, who say they sense no evil or lies from Dizzy. The Princess then gives Dizzy a warm smile, a massive hug, and welcomes her to New Asgard: the Rainbow Kingdom.

As Hans exits from the Juggernaut, the ursine Kherubim and equine Ki-rin become agitated and aggressive. They identify him as an Asgardian, to which Dizzy and Hans are confused. Akane mentions that this would make sense, as Hans has always seemed to be unnaturally strong. Hans is taken into the custody of the Kherubim, while Akane and Dizzy are led into the Rainbow Kingdom with the Princess.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: MANGAVERSE MADNESS!!! Episode 8 (Rainbow Kingdom)

Postby prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 12:21 pm

ASGARD: The Rainbow Kingdom

The concept of Asgard came from my continued laziness. I love how it operates in the Marvel Comics mythology, but I also have to counter that with how the characters were perceived in normal mythology. The gods of Asgard were like the people who worshiped them: strong, brutal, and overbearing.

I stole a concept from the Elementals comic, in that Ragnarok had already happened, and the Asgardians had lost. During WWII, the Asgardians sought to overthrown the rest of the universe. They represented the forces who wanted to rule the weak because they were strong. This was felt on Earth as WWII, where the Asgardian agenda was represented by the forces of Nazi Germany. Just as the facists were opposed by the Allies who sought to live in a free world, the Asgardians were opposed by the mythical forces of freedom, peace, and love. These beings were many and varied.

The most plentiful of the forces of good were the Kherubim. These were angelic beings who looked like bears with runes along their arms and bellies. The runs are words of divine power, often symbolic of the aspect of goodness that each Kherubim represented (Love, Honesty, Bravery, Compassion, etc.). They are very much of the Lawful Good persuasion.

Next were the Ki-Rin, celestial horses of goodness and nobility. These creatures came from the Nirvana of asian mythology to bring enlightenment to those who sought chaos. They are Neutral Good.

Finally were the Daughters of Yggdrasil; powerful dryads who tended the branches of the World Tree and the portals to the worlds into which the tree branches. They are free-willed and of high spirits; beliveing in freedom above all else, but tempered with using their freedome to promote goodness. They very much belive in the Wiccan concept of "Do as you will, but harm none." They are Chaotic Good.

The three forces of goodness, along with several lesser allies managed to overcome the Asgardians and banish them from the Nine Realms. They then closed the various doors to Asgard so that the Asgardians could not easily return and gain any wepoans or magic they had left behind.

When the fighting was done, the forces of good discovered a newborn Asgardian infant. This girl was the last child to be born in Asgard to its former rulers. They decided to raise the infant in a manner to inspire peace, harmony, and righteousness. The child eventually grew up to become Aeryn, the Rainbow Princess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the concept of the Rainbow Kingdom came from combining a lot of different elements. The main idea came from my love of the 1980s and the toys from that era. I'm just going to come right out and say it: New Asgard is all inspired from the girls' toys of the 1980s!

The Rainbow Princess = Rainbow Bright.
The Kherubim = Care Bears.
Ki-rin = My Little Pony.
The Daughters of Yggdrasil = Strawberry Shortcake.

Rainbow Bright has a wonderful agenda. She is supposed to spread joy and happiness throughout the universe. She rides a magical horse (which I easily drew from both her own series and My Little Pony). She has two magical items to aid her: the Rainbow Belt and the Star Scepter. For Aeryn, I made this the Bifrost Belt, which gives her color control powers, and the Sceptre of Baldr, which gives her power over light. Baldr was the Asgardian god of light, so this fit easily.

The Care Bears have those pictures on their bellies, from which they can produce the "Care Bear Stare." This effect causes those hit by it to feel nothing but good and joy, transforming evil into good. It was easy enought to turn the idea of the pictures on their bellies into angelic runes which could produce the same effect.

The characters of My Little Pony fit nicely into the cosmology with the Ki-Rin. These horses, who contained the celestial blood of dragons, only punished the wicked and were creatures of peace. Being that they came from Chinese mythology, I had a wonderful time of making them fit in as the philosophers of the forces of good.

Fitting the Characters of Strawberry Shortcake was a difficult concept for me to include. I tried to think of how I might fit them into the cosmology. It was only when I thought of Dryads that the ideas came flooding. Dryads are attached to trees and cannot stray too far from their tree; but if the Daughters are attatched to the World Tree, then they could go anywhere! Making the characters dyrads would also complete my D&D alignment trifecta of goodness. All of the Daughters of Yggdrasil have a different type of berry or fruit which they exemplify. I tried to hint at this when I introduced the first one as smelling like strawberries.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Thu May 26, 2011 12:33 pm

AERYN, THE RAINBOW PRINCESS (PL 10)
Real Name Aeryn Lifsdottr (BC: Katie Price)
Affiliation: New Asgard, the Rainbow Kingdom
Height 6’5”; Weight 300 lbs.
Eyes Blue; Hair Blonde

STR 18 (+4), DEX 18 (+4), CON 18 (+4)
INT 14 (+2), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 25 (+7)

SKILLS
Concentration 7 (+11), Craft: Artistic 7 (+9), Diplomacy 7 (+14), Handle Animal 3 (+10), Knowledge: Arcane Lore 3 (+5), Knowledge: Civics 7 (+9), Language: 2 (German, Old Norse [Celestial is native]), Medicine 3 (+5), Notice 3 (+7), Ride 7 (+11), Sense Motive 3 (+7)

FEATS
Animal Empathy, Attack Focus 3 (Ranged), Attractive 2, Benefit (Princess of New Asgard), Connected, Equipment 1, Sidekick 17 (Starstride – Kirin Mount)

POWERS
Asgardian:
Density 4 (Extra: Duration – Continuous; Flaw: Permanent; Power Feat: Buoyant, Innate), Enhanced Constitution 8, Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Super- Strength 7 (heavy lift: 38 tons) – 38 points

Bifrost Belt: Container 5 (Removable) – 20 points
Color Control: Transform 10 (Flaw: Limited to changing colors of affected objects) – 20 points
AP – Color Shapes: Visual Illusion 10 – 1 point
AP – Dazzling Colors: Visual Dazzle 10 (Extra: Area – Burst; Flaw: Range – Touch) – 1 point
AP – Matching Colors: Visual Concealment 4 (Extra: Affects Others, Area – Burst, Blending, Selective) – 1 point

Scepter of Baldr: Container 5 (Easily Removable) – 15 points
Light Control: Environmental Control 10 (Daylight) – 20 points
AP – Blinding Light: Visual Dazzle 10 – 1 point
AP – Healing Light: Healing 10 (Extra: Energizing; Flaw: Limited to Others) – 1 point
AP – Light Blast: Ranged Damage 10 – 1 point
AP – Light of Truth: Nullify Concealment, Illusion, and Obscure Effects 10 (Extra: Area – Cone; Flaw: Range – Touch) – 1 point
AP – Solid Light: Create Object 10 – 1 point
AP – Sword of Light: Strike 10 (Extra: Penetrating) – 1 point

EQUIPMENT
Asgardian Armor:
Protection 5 – 5 points

COMBAT
Initiative
+4
Attack +7
Grapple +19

Blinding Light +10 (Ranged, Dazzle 10)
Color Control +10 (Ranged, Transform 10)
Dazzling Color Area (Melee, Dazzle 10)
Light Blast +10 (Ranged, Damage 10)
Sword of Light +7 (Melee, Damage 10)
Unarmed +7 (Melee, Damage 4)

SAVES
Defense
17 (+7 base); flat-footed 13
TGH +9, Fort +7, Ref +11, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS AND DRAWBACKS
Responsibility:
As the Rainbow Princess, Aeryn is required to bring goodness and joy to all of creation. She is a guardian of peace and happiness.
Virtuous: Aeryn is always kind and polite. She never swears and dislikes other doing so around her.

Ability Scores 35, Skills 13 (52 ranks), Feats 26, Powers 73, Combat 28, Saves 13, Drawbacks –0 = 188

Aeryn is the last daughter of Asgard. Following the defeat of the Asgardians, the victorious Cherubim and Kirin raised the young girl to be insightful and selfless; traits uncharacteristic of her Nordic heritage.

When Aeryn came of age, she was given several tests to see if she had properly learned the lessons taught to her by the celestial guardians of New Asgard. One by one, she past each test and exceeded her mentors’ expectations. After the tests had been completed, she was given artifacts of her heritage: the Bifrost Belt and Scepter of Baldr. She was then proclaimed to be the Rainbow Princess of New Asgard.

Aeryn never travels anywhere without her faithful mount, the Kirin Starstride. Although he is a loyal friend, Starstride is rather vain and believes himself to be one of (if not) the best Kirin in existence.

:!: Aeryn fills the slot of the Magical Princess in the genre. She fights for love and justice. She just happens to be much older and more developed than the typical Magical Princess character.

prodigyduck
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby prodigyduck » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 am

EPISODE 9: THE RAINBOW PRINCESS
Akane and Dizzy speak with Aeryn the Rainbow Princess about their adventures in finding the Prismatic Rings and their activation of the Rainbow Bridge. Aeryn is relieved that they are the ones who use the bridge rather than an invading army. Aeryn takes the two adventurers to see Hans, who is seated on an examination chair while the Kherubim use their powers to examine his aura. Eventually, the Kherubim confirm that Hans is honorable and good.

Confused to the reaction of the Kherubim, Hans is told about how the Asgardians fled to Earth following the war of Ragnarok. He is obviously a descendant of the warriors. Hans now knows why he is so strong and tough. During their explanation, Dizzy notices that Aeryn is flushed as she stares as Hans.

Aeryn invites everyone to dine with her and stay for the evening. A great feast is held. The food served by the Daughters of Yggdrasil (dryads) are all vegetarian dishes, but quite delicious. Akane fills herself up with fried tofu! The group then retires to the guest rooms provided to them. From her balcony, Dizzy can see a courtyard with a large plaza. At the center of the plaza is a large warhammer.

The following day, Dizzy examines the hammer. She notices rune surrounding the hammer which she translates to reading as a barrier against Asgardians. Her tech-pack sensors indicate a strange energy emanating from the runes and the hammer. Dizzy tries to pick up the hammer, but is unable to even move it. Her curiosity piqued, Dizzy spends much of the day examining the hammer.

Eventually, she is found by her companions and the Rainbow Princess. Aeryn explains that the hammer is a powerful weapon, and the wards are placed to keep anyone away who might use it. Hans and Aeryn both demonstrate that they cannot cross the barrier of runes. Dizzy is also told that the hammer was enchanted by the former ruler of Asgard: Odin. Interestingly enough, Odin was said to have survived Ragnarok and vanished from Asgard. Desiring to track Odin down, Dizzy examines the energy aura from the hammer. She than asks Aeryn if any part of Odin was left behind, such as hair or DNA from his throne. Confused at the request, Aeryn take the group to the throne room.

The throne room contains a massive chair seemingly molded from a single piece of wood. The wood emerges from the floor with travels back into a massive door frame. Beyond the door appear to be the void of outer space with a great tree stretching out into infinity. Her curiosity piqued again, Dizzy takes many sensor readings. While Dizzy examines everything, Akane plays a wonderful game of mahjong with one of the Kherubim. Dizzy eventually finds minute traces of DNA which have the same strange energy signature as that from the hammer.

During her examinations, Dizzy also notices that Aeryn is still flushed and distracted by Hans. Later, taking Aeryn aside, Dizzy asks if she is alright. Aeryn explains that she has never seen a man before, especially one as handsome as Hans, and that he invokes strange feelings within her. Dizzy and Akane begins to explain what she may be feeling. Aeryn mentions she knows all about procreation and its function, but that she has simply never seen a man. Being the bundle of teenage hormones that she is, Dizzy explains all of the things sex is good for, much to the embarrassment of the Rainbow Princess.

Over the course of the conversation, it also comes to light that Aeryn has never left Asgard. Akane and Dizzy invite Aeryn to come to Earth with them. Aeryn wholeheartedly agrees to come with them.

Dizzy and Akane spend the rest of the day going through the library of Asgard. One of the books describes a journey to the realm of Atlantis. The party has an idea of where their next adventure may take them…

Return to “M&M Story Hour”