New Play-by-Post Site opening

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

New Play-by-Post Site opening

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am

Greeting and salutations,

There is a small group of us who are putting together a play-by-post forum website ( http://www.mnm-freedom-city.fleet-conne ... /index.php ) for a Mutants & Masterminds 2e role-playing game that is set in the Freedom City-verse that incorporated some elements from the DCU, the Marvel Universe and others thanks to the aftermath of the Time of Crisis event that restructured and recreated the entire universe. For the game we have set up a wiki that will allow the more in-depth database that can provide new players an easier chance of getting caught up in the universe and be able to jump right into the game ( http://mnm-pbp-fc-liberators.wikispaces.com/ ).

And thus, I am extending this open invitation to anyone who is looking for an online campaign with structure, but flexible and open enough to accept new members.

We are looking for dedicated games masters (whom will also be allowed to run their own unique player characters) whom will become part of the hierarchy of the staff of the site, and there are many here on the Atomic Think Tank who seem to have the kind of qualities that we are looking for in those, that would be perfect for making up the core staff for the Site.

I have been working on getting together a group of games masters who will become the core of the site moderators, and to help establish a leadership hierarchy for the community that I want to build with all this work that I started back in late-2009/early-2010.

I have been working on trying to come up with the rules & guidelines that would not only govern the behavior of both players and the other members in the community... but the behavior of the administrators, global moderators and games masters in an effort to ensure that they will not abuse their power & authority. I know that I have experienced such in the past, and I do not want to have that happening in what I am building here. We want to build a friendly community that provides an atmosphere dedicated to crafting and maintaining an environment that promotes the creativity of the members here on the state, as well as providing an environment that promotes a semi-serious gaming environment that allows for us all to have an enjoyable and relaxing time.

Mutants & Masterminds 2e: Freedom City Play-by-Post campaign

Mutants & Masterminds 2e: Freedom City Campaign is a PbP game that will be set in a version of the Freedom City-verse that has elements (characters & locations) drawn from other comic book universes to help flesh out the Pulp, Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Ages in an effort to establish legacies that players could adopt for their original characters (or even allow them to play a version of their interpretation of their own favorite characters from various comics).

The world is much like the one outside our windows… but with the introduction of meta-humans, super-science and aliens into it that we see in comic books. Players will be helping shape the background by weaving and incorporating the various elements from the comic book companies into the game to create a rich and vibrant collaborative universe. Players will be helping create not only the heroes, but they will also help create the villains we’ll be encountering along with the supporting cast and even those types who exist in the gray areas that are neither hero nor villain.

But, please note that this game is for players who are 18 and up… because language, situations and the like might be brought up in the game if the Characters end up going that way. Thus the reason why we have the ‘Parental Advisory Explicit Content 18+ Only’ warning logo, that has been incorporated into the site title to hopefully reinforce this fact. This is also done to help protect against any possible legal or moral complications that could occur, such as accusations of ‘corruption of a minor’ and the like. Laws being what they are, it's better to be safe than sorry.

The campaign is just getting started, and I have had several people who have volunteered their time and talents in helping me get all of the things set up on the new forums that have been established for the game, and I am asking for players from here to join since I have noticed that there are some real quality players whom are more adult and mature that use this site to come together as a community. And I want to create a community of players that will come together to create something amazing! So much so that I am donating my artistic skills as well as time to create the place for people to play this game.

The Forums are located here ( http://www.mnm-freedom-city.fleet-conne ... /index.php ) and the Wiki for the campaign is located here ( http://mnm-pbp-fc-liberators.wikispaces.com/ ).
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: New Play-by-Post Site opening

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Sounds interesting, but, the fan resource page or similar would be a better thread to post this on than the creative writing page.

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:20 pm

I thought this would also be a good place to put it, since i had noticed others posting what appeared to be stories about their campaigns. I want to use this thread for something similar... where we can post updates and stories from the game. If i was wrong to put it here, i'll see if i can get it moved.
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

It's just that many of the people who post on this forum don't actually play PBP...at least not on the ATT. Many of us do, but, mostly this is just storytelling. Then again, there's been a skype game using this page for their OOC thread, so what do I know?

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm

That's why i put it here, when i saw the skype thread thinking it was okay. I'm hoping to be able to do monthly posts on this thread writing about the storylines we'll be making there. if you're interested on giving a pbp a try you're more than welcome. most of the people who are joining up haven't had a chance yet... but i have several from the Roll Call board who have said they will be joining up, even if it's just to be technical advisors to help with rules and the like.

Sacremas
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Sacremas » Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Ever wanted to play as the Fantastic Four?

How about a Fantastic Four game where Victor Von Doom happens to be another player character (mine), fully intending to conquer the world?

We're looking for four players interested in taking the roles of Mister Fantastic (Dual PL: PL 12 normally, PL 14 for Int and inventions), the Invisible Woman (PL 13), the Human Torch (PL 11) and the Thing (Dual PL: PL 12 for everything but his Toughness which is PL 14). You'll be playing the Fantastic Four from just after they have received their powers, with the entire world and the universe(s) beyond open for exploration, on a journey that will make you the First Family and the greatest superhero team the world has ever known. Up for the challenge?

This will take place in the same world as outlined above by American Patriot, with three GMs watching over your progress, and an amalgam world with everything from Galactus to the Guardians of the Universe, to the Preservers of the Freedom City setting (aka the Celestials) out there for you to bump heads with; imagine the Fantastic Four stranded on the Fourth World, caught in the war between New Genesis and Apokolips... and Galactus is on his way to devour the New Gods!

Want to play something else? How about Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, at the height of his career as one of the most experienced heroes in the world that are still active, or his daughter, May 'Mayday' Parker, the Amazing Spider-Girl just starting out at PL 10/150 points, or the the Incredible Hulk, or Thor... or how about Superman instead? A PL 15 Superman strong enough to move the moon without too much effort... can you handle that kind of power? The entire DC and Marvel universes among others lie open to you, or you can create your own characters like most of us have done (by default PL 10/150 points as normal) and join in the fun, to either join the PC team the Liberators or to strike out on your own as a hero, a villain, or something inbetween.

If you're interested, please follow this link and register, post your greetings in the introductions thread, and get started! http://www.mnm-freedom-city.fleet-conne ... /index.php
"I am what I am and that is all that I am."

Moira
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Moira » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 am

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Been this way for a while.
RIP Angel 1989-2011

Sacremas
Compatriot
Compatriot

Postby Sacremas » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:52 am

And now the entire board is apparently gone, or rather there's a new one there called the same. I have no idea what's going on as I'm not on that end of things.

EDIT: Ah. "We Got HACKED and lost everything. I can't believe this... And I am very sorry." Crap on a smelly stick. I didn't have any backups of all my builds or even characters...
"I am what I am and that is all that I am."

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 am

We got hacked big time. Who ever hacked our site really attacked everything we had... we lost EVERYTHING. From what we have seen and learned... Someone did this on purpose. We had people who had come from another PbP campaign where the members of their moderators had become a closed-minded clique that would abuse their powers and authority, and make things miserable for them. Shortly after their arrivals we then got hit by a major attak by spambots (a couple of hundered in just a couple hours). That was bad, but getting hacked twice in just a couple months was worse. The owners of the domain that we set up has been told that we do have a legal recourse that we an go through... but we decided that we were not going to go that route. We felt it would just be better to let everyone know in the Community that there is someone among us that is malicious and vicious... who is more 'villianious' than they can ever be virtuous or heroic. So that their own Bad Karma can deal with them in a way more fitting of the things they have done.

We would like to create a new site, but we aren't going to do it until we know that we can set something up that can be backed up and protected against someone hacking us and destroying everything we had built.

Sac and the others had written a wonderful series of stories based on Doctor Doom establishing his hold over Latveria. And that's just ONE of the stories that was destroyed.

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Greetings and Slautations to everyone during this most greatful of seasons,

I really wish I was not having to post this message, but it's something that needs to be done...

As many know, there was a small group of us on this site (and several others) who came together to build something new and entertaining... We had people who joined up at oru site and was on the way to create a new FC PbP that had the potentional to be great and wonder.. We had some very writers who were crafting some of the best storylines I've had the honor of reading. We also had dedicated and gifted moderators whom were performing amazingly well despite the constaint attacks being undertaken by someone whom was assoitate with another PbP site.

And much to our horror, there was someone who had kept repeatedly hacking our site, and bringing everything down. More than likely it was someone who couldn't handle 'competetion' that there was going to be another M&M Freedom City PbP campaig out there. Several of the people who had signed up had come from another PbP game, and shared with the group problems they had. Shortly afterwards our site was hit by a major amount of spambots that made it hard for us to find out who was real and who wasn't, and then the site was finally was hacked and destroyed.

My roomate & her husband uses the original server that we had set up to host seveveral groups that she has been assoiciated with for the past thirty years. And when the hacker started to try and get access to thsoe webpages to trake them down as well... the two of us aggreed that it would be better to take the site downl.

Now, whoever did this will deal with the bad karma they themseles create... those of us who had paid for the creation of a domain for our game have been told that we do have legal recourse if we wish to use it for such malicious intent focused on us. But we've decided to just tell everyone what happened and let the community here know that there is someone amoungst us that has a personality that is more fitting of being a real life 'villain' than they would as a hero.

If anyone is intersted in helping me get the site bak up and running, please send me a PM.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”