Sovereign New Vindicators Ch. 10

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
McGuffin
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Sovereign New Vindicators Ch. 10

Postby McGuffin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Would love to read some more Sovereign New Vindies. :)
McGuffin's Workshop: Warp, Naga

Why crawl when you can walk? Why walk when you can run? Why run when you can fly?

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Sadly, I seem to have lost my notes and story outline, so I don't think this will go any further.

I do remember some highlights...so here goes:

Vlad dies.

Martin's mom dies at Beatrice's hand (or depleted uranium bullets actually).

Beatrice dies.

Martin lives.

Jason becomes the world's greatest villain.

Lex becomes an Aesir.

The NS homeland issue is left unresolved.

Emily gets put in a persistant vegetative state.

Kasimir dies. (It's true, while I'm as big a fan of a high bodycount as anyone, but I'm not comfortable killing pc's that aren't my own, thus the deaths are all npc's or my characters).

That about covers it.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am

I'm sorry to hear that there won't be any more coming. I was looking forward to reading it.

Horsenhero wrote:Vlad dies.

It's a trick. Aet an axe!

Horsenhero wrote:Jason becomes the world's greatest villain.

Strangely I thought he was already there by the beginning of the Sovereign story. Leave it to Jason to be an over achiever ;~)

Horsenhero wrote:Lex becomes an Aesir.

Now that surprised me.
I figured for sure Lex was on the top of the "dies horribly" list ;~)

Of course now that I think about it if he's immortal (somehow) he could die horribly multiple times.

Horsenhero wrote:The NS homeland issue is left unresolved.

Probably the biggest surprise. For some reason I figured this would be one of the bigger points since it's key to original confrontation.
The superpowered homeland concept always seems like a really fun idea for stories because it always seems like you have tons of directions to go in. (How do we keep ourselves alive? Defending against the outside, trying to keep people from taking over from the inside, fighting off spies, dealing with foreign nations, dealing with superpowered crime)

Horsenhero wrote:Kasimir dies.

Poor Kas, I had been hoping that Randy was going to teleport to the Kelp and save him.

But even Horsenhero has fallen victim to this "killing off Horsenhero's characters in alternate realities" trope ;~)

Oh well, sorry to hear that there won't be more.
But I'm looking forward to your next project! (And hoping there is one)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:08 am

I'm working on something. Probably going to be a resurrection of my old Crashers! stories (refined and rewritten) or an exploration of the Night Breed campaign setting I outlined on the settings page.

It may take a little while because I'm toying with the idea of illustrating it. I've been slowly recreating my studio in my apartment and am just about at the point where I could pull off an illustrated story.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:32 am

That would be awesome

flynnarrel
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby flynnarrel » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:58 am

Martin's Mom is a separate entity or does she take over Martin, and if so, how does she die and he not?

And... depleted Uranium bullets.... nice!

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:45 am

flynnarrel wrote:Martin's Mom is a separate entity or does she take over Martin, and if so, how does she die and he not?

And... depleted Uranium bullets.... nice!

I believe the way I had it written is much like what's happened in the pbp. Martin and his mother in their struggle for dominance split. Jeanette is trying to escape, so she nerve gasses Beatrice, who lives long enough to unload a clip of depleted uranium rounds she'd been saving just in case Martin's Vindicators attacked Vlad's Abolitionists, into Jeanette. The hot uranium breaks down her molecular bonds, killing her.

In the end, after the whole thing shakes out, Jason establishes himself as a nihilist (only the dead are without bigotry) and Vlad having suspected such a thing had gone on a quest for a golden apple. Vlad's powers are lame though, and so he had Jack disguise himself as a groupie and slip said apple to Lex, who ate it unsuspecting of its true nature.

At the end, it's Jason against Lex (death god versus rock god) and a necessary detente between Martin's Vindicators and Jack & Otso's Abolitionists because of that conflict.

There was a LOT of stuff that was supposed to happen to lead up to all these major plot points. I just lost my outline of what those things were.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Sorry to hear about that, HH, I really enjoyed this story.

Lex vs Jason seems as common as HH's characters dying in alt universes. For variety when I post my own Earth-137 alternate tale I'll avoid those elements lest they become a cliche.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”