Infinite New Vindicators Book 2: 10 years Later

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Book 2: 10 years Later

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Code: Select all

[size=85][i]Bonus Feature-[/i][/size]

Basalt

PL 8 120PP

Name: Antero Tuominen
Height: 6' 2"/ 8'
Weight: 200lb/ 1500lb
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde/ None

Abilities-

Strength 14/30 (+2/+10) Dexterity 10 (+0) Constitution 12 (+1/+10)
Intelligence 10 (+0) Wisdom 12 (+1) Charisma 12 (+1)

Feats-

Attack Focus(Melee) 4, Diehard, Dodge Focus 1, Improved Block 2, Improved Grapple, Improved Overrun, Improved Pin, Power Attack, Ultimate Toughness

Skills-

Climb 10(+12), Diplomacy 8(+9), Drive 6, Intimidate 8(+9/+11), Language 2 (Native: Finnish+ English, German), Medicine 4(+5), Notice 6(+7), Sense Motive 4(+5), Stealth 0 (0/-4)

Powers-

Density 4 Extra- Continuous Flaw- Permanent PF- Innate
+8 Strength +2 Toughness (Impervious), Immovable 1 Super-Strength 1 Mass x3

Enhanced Constitution 14 PF- Innate

Growth 4 Extra- Continuous Flaw- Permanent PF- Innate
Size: L Combat Mod. -1 Grapple +4 Stealth -4 Intimidation +2 +5 Lifting Str.

Immunity 11 Critical Hits, Life Support

Impervious 3 Toughness

Super-Senses 3 Tremorsense

Super-Strength 3 Heavy Load 24tons

Saves-

Toughness +1/+12 (Impervious 5) Fortitude +1/+10 Reflex +4 Will 5

Combat-

Initiative +0
Attack +2
Melee +6/+5 DC16/DC25
Ranged +2/+1
Defense 14 ff 11

Complications-

One-Way Transformation- Changing into his stone form is easy. Changing back to human is not. Antero has to relax and let the power bleed out of him. This process takes hours of de-stressing. (Common/Minor)

Totals-

Abil. 10+ Feats 13+ Skills 12+ Powers 67+ Saves 9+ Combat 12- Complications 3= 120PP.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Bonus Feature-

Autarchist

PL8 120PP

Name: Janez Vidmar
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 155lbs
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Abilties-

Strength 12 (+1) Dexterity 14 (+2) Constitution 14 (+2)

Intelligence 14 (+2) Wisdom 12 (+1) Charisma 14 (+2)

Feats-

Defensive Roll 3, Distract (Bluff), Dodge Focus 4, Equipment 1, Fascinate (Bluff), Taunt

Skills-

Bluff 10(+12), Computers 4(+6), Concentration 10(+11), Dilplomacy 6(+8), Gather Information 4(+6), KS:History 4(+6), KS:Pop Culture 5(+7), Language 3 (Native: Slovenian+ English, German, Czech), Notice 6(+7), Search 4(+6), Sense Motive 6(+7), Sleight of Hand 6(+8)

Powers-

Animate Objects 8 Extras- Range (Perception), Horde PF- Progression 3

Equipment-

Vindicator's Uniform Protection 3, Subtle, Commlink 5ep

Saves-

Toughness- 2**/5*/8 Fortitude 6 Reflex 8 Will 8
** without uniform or defensive roll
* without defensive roll

Combat-

Initiative +2
Attack +2
Melee +2 DC16
Ranged +2
Defense 18/14* ff 12
* without dodge focus

Totals-

Abil. 20+ Feats 11+ Skills 17+ Powers 43+ Saves 17+ Combat 12= 120pp

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:20 pm

10 Years Later:

Ch. 2 What Happened To Gym Class?-

In the last standing hall of the wastelands the giant raged. For years he'd kept his prisoner alive, in anticipation of the day. Now the day was here and the prisoner was resisting. In his anger he wanted to rip the man-creature from its cage and tear it to shreds. The giant knew he could not though, which made his rage even worse. He had worked so hard to enslave the man's will. Schemed so carefully to gain just the right weapon. The man was ruined. His reputation among his own kind would earn him only death. The giant had gloated over this when he issued his command, but the man had laughed at him. Laughed at him and made rude gestures. Somehow over the years the spell of mastery had lost potency. Now the giant would have to perform the ritual again. Every day the last child survived was a day the giant could himself be slain. The head had not warned him of this possibility and he seethed. It was a strong reminder that he had no allies, only slaves. Mastering himself, he set about the task of reworking the ritual. He would bend the man-creature to his will again. He would not be stopped and soon, he would never die.

Antero found himself frowning in thought as he showered. If not for the fact he had goop from a barge carrying garbage on him, he wouldn't need to shower. His stone form did not sweat. As it was, he, Felix Reiter and Vincent Catargi were alone in the boys' shower after Enhanced Physical Education, while mallorie Weber and Paula Cabrera cleaned up in the girls' shower. Physical education as taught by Mr. Karrell seemed to consist of pushing their Neo-Sapien abilities to the limit while performing community service. Today it had been playing fork lift for welders repairing a damaged barge. On the whole it hadn't been too bad, especially those times when he got to watch the sleek form of Paula Cabrera slicing through the water.

The big Fin was amazed that only five members of his class had neo-sapien abilities that qualified them for the enhanced physical education class. He and the Austrian underwent a complete physical metamorphosis, while Vincent could use his powers without any anatomical changes, unless he needed to fly. Mallorie and Paula underwent no transformation at all. Paula was adapted to the water like few others. In fact, to Antero's knowledge, only Mr. Karrell, the teacher code-named Narwhal and Flavia Henchoz, the Swiss girl who could turn into living water were as well-suited to the environment.

Paula was sleek and attractive, but it was mallorie he actively envied. Mallorie could fly. Vincent could fly if he manifestd his wings, but the German amazon could simply fly. Not much moved Antero to jealousy, but flight...what greater freedom could there be?

Stepping out of the shower, he snagged his towel to dry himeslf. He still was confused about the physical education program. He'd heard work outs at the school were far more energetic. Honestly, if this was indicative of the training program, his younger sister was just as well off staying home and going to school there. He dressed hurridly and hustled out of the locker room, nearly colliding with Paula Cabrera.

"Ho! Sorry. Pallas, what are you doing here?"

"Pallas? My name's Paula. Pallas is a nifty code-name for the public, so the toy companies have something to put on the action figure."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Where are you headed?"

Antero cocked his head to the side as he looked at the svelte, dark skinned girl dressed in a serape and sandals. "Umm...to my room. I need to talk to Jan." Then after a brief hesitation; "Are you wearing anything under that?"

"Sure." Smiling, she hiked up the poncho-like garment to reveal a pair of white shorts and pierced belly button. "See? Shorts. I'm decent. Actually I'm fantastic, but I digress." With a sultry look, she snaked her arm though his. "So...your room? Lead on."

"I'm not really sure this...who's that?"

Ahead of the pair, a petite girl, mouse brown hair worn in a pixie cut, sat patiently in her fringed suede jacket.

"My roommate. Sophie Brouwer meet Antero Tuominen. Antero...Sophie."

"Hallo." Sophie said, smiling shyly. "So how was the boys' shower Paula?"

"Scenic." The island girl said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Antero shook his head in mock disgust to hide the fact he was feeling like there was a level to this conversation he was missing. "I've still got to talk to my roommate."

Paula snagged Sophie's hand in hers. "Let's go talk to Janez."

When they opened the door to Antero and Janez dorm room an epic battle was in progress. The drapes were locked in deadly thread to thread combat with Jan's comforter. The dark haired SPB from Slovenia was seated, his back against the wall, controlling the action like a video game.

"Tero! How was slave labor...I mean physical education?" He asked as his bedding wrapped into the curtains with a snake-like move. Then he spotted the girls with his roommate and grinned. "Aww, you brought me a present! Now I feel bad for the brutal defeat your algebra textbook suffered battling my hockey skates."

"Can we talk?"

"Absolutely."

"Can you pay attention to me, please?"

"I am paying attention. Die, evil bedspread!"

Antero rolled his eyes. In the week they'd lived together, the big Fin had come to the conclusion Janez didn't like people. He was cheerful and friendly, but constantly distracted. Maybe he just had A.D.D.

"Janez...'

"It's allright Antero, I've got this." Sophie said managing to sound irritated and meek simultaneously. Disengaging from Paula's grasp, the elfin girl's features hardened in concentration. A low buzz filled the air. Suddenly, she thrust her hands forward. A teeth rattling hum shook the room and the curtains and comforter both shredded into random fluff.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?" Janez complained.

"I need to talk to you and I need you to pay attention. It's important." Catching Sophie's eye the blonde teen mouthed thank you.

"Well you have my attention 'Tero." The other boy said peevishly. "What's on your mind?"

"Gym class."

"Excuse me?"

"Gym class. I mean, what we do is challenging and all, but it certainly isn't the type of physical education I was expecting."

Suddenly Paula perked up. "You want combat training."

"Yes I do. In fact rumor has it there used to be this tradition."

Janez nodded, his face somber for once. "The Sophmore Blitz."

Antero snapped his fingers at this eureka moment. "Exactly! The Sophmore Blitz!"

"There hasn't been a Sophmore Blitz in six years and there probably won't be another as long as Newton is headmaster."

"Why not?" Sophie asked. She spoke, but all three were looking at Janez expectantly.

"Because the sophmore class of 2012, plus the academy's headmistress were all killed during that yers' blitz."

"No way!" Paula gasped.

Janez shrugged in response. "Professor Lamperouge was crippled too. He doesn't sport all those cyborg accessories because he's got sugery addiction, you know."

"What happened?" Antero leaned closer.

Another shrug. "I'm not certain, but I know some people who might be better informed."

"Who?" Antero pressed.

"Mallorie Weber, some norwegian kid in the freshman class and those creepy girls...the Bertrands."

"Why would they know?" Asked Paula.

"Mallorie's sister, the freshman kid's sister and the twin's brother were all in that class. They all died. I figure the school had to tell the families something, right?"

"Thanks Jan." Antero said, turning to leave.

"Hold on big guy. Since you ruined my playtime, I'm coming with you."

"Me too." Said Sophie a bit more quietly.

"This really isn't the afternoon I had in mind." Paula groaned, but she followed anyway.

Janez was inclined to search out mallorie Weber or even the, as yet unidentified freshman to get the story, but Sophie was certain the twins had a study period in the Biology Lab and thus, would be easiest to find. Jan argued against the French girls vociferously. They were spooky. Horror movie spooky. Even Iulia Catargi, the vampire teacher wasn't as spooky. Mallorie Weber on the other hand was awesome. At 6' 4" tall and 180lbs, she was built like a comic book amazon...at 16! Not only might she be able to provide the information they wanted, but maybe she'd need comforting after her tale of woe and Jan was ready to comfort. It wasn't until Paula insisted no girl in their class wanted Jan to comfort them that he shut up.

When they arrived at the Biology Lab, sure enough the twin French girls were there. At first glance Danielle and Darielle Bertrand did not appear to be identical twins. Danielle was platinum blonde. her sister had hair as black as pitch. Darielle had a porcelain complexion. Danielle was riviera tan. Eyes of honey gold. Eyes of deepest indigo. If you looked more closely though, the resemblance between the pair became clear. The shared the same bone structure. The same build. The same classical features and the same mannerisms. The same disconcerting stare. many of their classmates didn't like them because they studied people intently, like scientists studying alien lifeforms. Sophie made a conscious effort to ignore their quirks. Paula was so self-assured she simply wasn't fazed.

"Excuse me. Danielle, Darielle may we talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course Sophie." The girls chimed in unison. Antero found the purring accent attractive, yet the vacant way they spoke, free of inflection, sent chills up his spine. For an instant an image of sexy, french maid, zombies flashed in his minds' eye.

"I don't want to dredge up painful memories, but we were wondering if you might be willing...that is... Antero wanted to know why we don't combat train...and..." Sophie trailed off as she searched for the words to politely ask about what can't be politely asked about.

Danielle lay her warm hand on her classmates' arm. "You want to know about the murders..."

Darielle lay her cool hand on Sophie's other arm. "...about our brothers' death."

"Ummm...yeah? Please?"

"We know what the school told our parents, but we've never seen where it happened." They said.

"Where did it happen?" Antero asked, finally getting up the nerve to speak.

"In the lowest level of the school. The Wreck Room. Unless you've got the key to the elevator, it's inaccessible."

For once, Sophie looked clever not shy. "I bet the elevator can be opened from the inside and I... can walk through walls."

Paula shook her head. "I'm as curious as the next girl, but this is where I bail. I'll play lookout, but traipsing around murder scenes isn't anything I list as a turn on for my online dating profile."

It was surprisingly easy to locate and access the elevator. Sophie opened it and Janez used his power to override the programming locking out the lowest floor as a destination. He simply animated the elevator and directed it downward. They were all feeling pretty clever, a feeling that wouldn't last long.

The door to the Wreck Room slid open silently. Janez was a little disappointed at that. he had honestly been expencting a more creepy vibe down here, after all, to his knowledge, no one had been in this room in six years. The door opened smoothly however and as soon as it did, the lights slowly came on. There were no flickers from struggling flourescent bulbs, no clouds of dust or appearance of neglect. Looking around, the large room was clean. Clean as if an army of maids had scrubbed it fresh.

"This is it?" Whispered Sophie, as she pushed an errant lock of hair out of her eyes.

"Oui. They all died right here." Danielle and Darielle said in unison. That sent shivers up janez' spine. Leave it to the French girls to ratchet up the creepy.

Antero walked over to a wall and seemed to be looking at it carefully. "There is no sign of violence. No blood stains. No odor. Nothing."

"Of course not Basalt," the twins chimed in stereo. "the room is self-cleaning."

Janez couldn't take it any longer. "Would you two please stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"That!" He hissed. "The talking at the same time! Normal people don't think in hive mind. It's really unnerving."

"Oh. Of course," Said sunny, blonde Danielle. "all you had to do was ask." Finished the raven haired Darielle.

Janez grit his teeth. Finishing each others' sentences was no better, but he was resigned to the French girls finding some way to make him crap himself and it was too late to ask them to go away.

"I can't understand it." Sophie whispered again.

"Can't understand what Sophie?" Antero asked, moving his muscular bulk over to stand protectively near the Dutch girl. "And why are you whispering?"

"I am?" She seemed startled by the observation. "I...I don't know. Maybe I don't want to disturb the spirits of the dead?" She was speaking a little louder now.

"I wouldn't worry about the dead." A sharp voice made them all jump. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

Next: A Tale of Woe...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Bonus Feature-

Pallas

PL 8 120PP

Identity: Paula Cabrera
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 130lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green

Abilities-

Strength 20 (+5) Dexterity 20 (+5) Constitution 16 (+3)
Intelligence 10 (+0) Wisdom 12 (+1) Charisma 16 (+3)

Feats-

Acrobatic Bluff, Animal Empathy, Attack Focus(Melee) 5, Attractive, Dodge Focus 6, Elusive Target, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Takedown Attack

Skills-

Acrobatics 4(+9), Diplomacy 2(+5/+9), Handle Animal 6(+9), KS:Life Sciences 4, Language 2 (Native: Spanish+ English, German), Notice 6(+7), Stealth 4(+5), Survival 4(+5)

Powers-

Immunity 3 Environmental Cold, Drowning, Pressure

Paralyze 8

Protection 3

Super-Senses 4 Low-Light Vision, Sonar

Swimming 7 250mph

Saves-

Toughness 6 Fortitude 8 Reflex 10 Will 6

Combat-

Initiative +9
Attack +3
Ranged Attack +3
Melee Attack +8 unarmed DC20 Paralyze DC18 Fort.
Defense 20/14* ff 12
*without Dodge Focus

Complications-

Vulnerable: Sonic Attacks x1.5 effect (uncommon, moderate) 2pts.

Totals-

Abilities 34+ Feats 18+ Skills 8+ Powers 33+ Saves 15+ Combat 14- Complications 2= 120pp

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Bonus Feature...

Resonance

PL 8 120PP

Identity: Sophie Brouwer
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 105lbs
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Brown

Abilities-

Strength 09(-1) Dexterity 14 (+2) Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 12 (+1) Wisdom 16 (+3) Charisma 14 (+14)

Feats-

Attack Focus(Ranged) 4, Attack Specialization(Buzz Saw) 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 5, Equipment 1, Improved Aim, Precise Shot

Skills-

Acrobatics 6(+8), Computers 6(+7), Concentration 8(+11), Craft: Electrical 4(+5), Diplomacy 4(+6), Disable Device 6(+7), Drive 2(+4), Gather Information 2(+4), KS: Physical Sciences 6(+7), KS: Technology 8(+9), Language 4 (Native: Dutch+ English, German, French, Swedish), Notice 8(+11), Stealth 8(+11)

Powers-

Vibration Control 9 Ranged Damage Extra- Penetrating
AP...Buzz Saw 9 Touch Range Damage, Penetrating, Secondary effect
AP...Nauseate 9 Extra- Ranged
AP...Insubstantial 4

Immunity 1 Her Own Powers

Equipment-
Vindicators Uniform Protection 3, Subtle, Commlink

Saves-

Toughness 1/4*/6** Fortitude 7 Reflex 8 Will 6
*with vindicators uniform
** with uniform and defensive roll

Combat-

Initiative +2
Attack +3
Ranged Attack +7 Toughness DC24 Fortitude DC19
Buzzsaw Attack +7 Toughness DC24

Totals-

Abilities 30+ Feats 25+ Skills 11+ Powers 28+ Saves 12+ Combat 14= 120pp
Last edited by Horsenhero on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Assuming I'm not shouting in a cave here, I have a question to ask...are the character sheets actually of any interest or are they distracting from the story flow? I know they don't have backgrounds on them at this point, but some of them have backgrounds that figure into the plotline dontcha know.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 pm

I like it. Even without background it gives me a little idea what the character is about. Especially with the skills and feats, which don't always stand out in the narrative likes powers do.

It also helps me practice my self-control as I struggle to avoid making jokes about a teen with Vibration Control. ;}

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Seconded. I always like me some character sheets.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:16 pm

I really wasn't even sure anyone was reading, but thanks for responding. I'll keep posting the sheets for the active members of the cast then.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:20 pm

I was going to say something sooner, but I didn't want to interrupt the flow of the narrative. I really like everything so far, though.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:50 pm

I don't think the character sheets take away from anything, and it can be interesting to get an idea of what their powers are.
I'm amused to see a water based hero who's functionality doesn't immediately disappear the instant they leave water.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Arkrite wrote:I don't think the character sheets take away from anything, and it can be interesting to get an idea of what their powers are.
I'm amused to see a water based hero who's functionality doesn't immediately disappear the instant they leave water.

Well, Pallas has the standard aquatic-hero powers. Swimming, breathe underwater, higher than average strength to cope with her preferred environment, etc, but I did give her a jellyfish-like sting that sets her apart some.

I don't like characters whose abilities are too broad, but I have a hard time making characters who have mostly useless powers. Michuru is much, much better at creating characters with oddball powers than I am.

Thus most of the characters will fit into pretty easy to identify archetypes with focused powersets. My character creation preferences are heavily influenced by alot of early Kirby stuff (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Inhumans) and the New X-Men before the writers' lost their minds and everybody had to be Phoenix level potentially.

EDIT: Heck, the storyline has already changed the powers of a character. Pallas was originally Peerless, a Reflex Memory type.
Last edited by Horsenhero on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:05 pm

10 Years Later:

Chapter 3: A Path of Sorrow-

Mallorie Weber was used to being stared at. She was used to people talking about her behind her back. All during her childhood She'd been one of the biggest, strongest kids in her neighborhood. The second child of a single mother, she'd never had nice things. Her mom worked hard, usually at more than one job, leaving Mallorie in the care of her older brother, Gunnar. Gunnar was a lousy nanny and the girl far too big for her age was left to fend for herself. Unlike her brother, who was admired for his size and strength, she was ostracized for hers. Who wanted to play with a four year old girl who could beat up ten year old boys? As a result, she spent most of her time alone.

Then when she was eight, her brother did something amazing. He flew. Gunnar was thrilled. Now, besides being taller, stronger and tougher than every other boy they knew, he could fly. That was when Mallorie heard a term she'd never never heard before; speeb. Slang for super-powered being, it was generally bandied about as an insult. Gunnar was a speeb, which meant Mallorie was probably one too. The most common form of speeb were Neo-Sapiens, people who inherited their powers from a parent. Granted, not every potential neo-sapien manifested powers, so she might not become like her brother. Now her nightly prayers were conflicted. For the longest time all she prayed for was to be like everyone else, to be a normal girl. After her brothers' nature revealed itself, new prayers sometimes crossed her lips. Prayers that she too would be revaled to be super-human. Then she could make those that shunned her very, very sorry.

That kind of thinking made her feel queasy inside. Her wishes to make her tormentors pay were never fantasies imagined in great detail. The blonde girl felt certain that if she was to give form to those fantasies, they would prove to be very wicked. That certainty made her feel guilty, as if she'd commited a crime. That led her back to prayers for normalcy...but never for long.

When Gunnar turned fifteen years old some men came to their village and took him away. He was going to Austria, Vienna to be precise, to a school filled with special youths. Kids who were super-powered. Neo-Sapiens and espers and mages. To nine year old Mallorie it sounded like the most marvelous place in the world. Gunnar wasn't so sure. He enjoyed being special and how special could he be in a school full of special people? Their mother was overjoyed though, since this was a chance for her beloved son to have a better life than she could ever provide.

At sixteen, Gunnar, his classmates and the headmistress of the special school were all murdered. Mallorie would never forget the day the man came to deliver the news. She didn't know the man then. She just knew he was proper and sad. His clothing was slightly out of style and he wore his hair pulled back in a pony tail. Accompanying him was a girl who didn't quite seem human. Unlike the man, neither her body language, facial expressions or even her eyes reflected any sorrow. Mallorie's mother, Elizabeth wailed in her own grief, insisting her son could not be dead. Certain the sad eyed man was mistaken, but he was not. In fact, something he said still confused Mallorie.

"There are ways to kill even those of your children's lineage. I'm sorry."

Mallorie didn't understand it then and the meaning of that cryptic phrase still escaped her. She knew it made her mother weep harder, which broke her heart in two. The man and the strange girl, who Mallorie now knew to be Sir Isaac Newton and his "daughter" Anne, left the next morning. They carried a heavy burden. There were many more families to deliver the news to.

Under normal circumstances the death of a child would bring condolences and support from the community. Most times neighbors would rally around a mother so stricken, to help her cope. This was not most times. If anything, the Weber's lot worsened. Elizabeth found it difficult to get work. She cleaned houses for a living and her clients turned their backs on her, as if somehow, tragedy would follow her into their homes. It got worse for Mallorie too, as lingering envy of Gunnar was redirected toward her. People who had once simply ignored her or politely refused her overtures of friendship now actively tomented her. Gunnar was referred to in the most despicable terms and the young girl was told more than once, he probably deserved what happened. This went on for two years until one day, after facing another gauntlet of being reviled at school, Mallorie came home to find her mother dead. It had finally become too much for Elizabeth to bear and she slit her wrists in a tub of scalding water.

At twelve years old she was homeless. No relatives stepped forward to adopt her. No local orphanage would take her in. The people whose homes her mother so diligently cleaned turned their backs on her. She begged and performed the most humiliating jobs to survive. mallorie was on the verge of starvation when they appeared. Vindicators. They came for her. It wasn't the same as when they came to recruit Gunnar to the school or even when they came to break the news of his death. Then they'd come quietly, dressed professionally, in suits, as business people, making as little disruption as possible. This time their jet set down in the town square, forcing residents to flee to avoid injury. A pair of uniformed Vindicators came for her. The first was the American, Cacodemon. With his scaly, gray skin, curling horns and dragon wings, he could not be mistaken for anyone else. Smoke seeped from his skin and his red, glowing eyes made everyone he turned his gaze on tremble in fear. The second hero was a British woman with chestnut hair done up in a stylish bob. Her deep brown eyes were simultaneously comforting and implacable. She was Violet Lear, more commonly known as Groundswell, a geo-kinetic of immense power. They came for her. They came to save Mallorie from her life.

She was taken to an orphanage dedicated to the care of orphaned, abandoned or otherwise rejected SPB children. The woman who ran the orphanage, Fraulein Tiel, was a gentle, nurturing soul. She did her best to shield Mallorie from harm and help her come to terms with what her life had become. After several years at the orphanage, she was enrolled at the New Vindicators Academy in Vienna, one of three schools around the globe the United Nations financed specifically for the education and training of super-powered beings. Most were neo-sapiens like Mallorie, but some were psionics, known as espers. Rumor had it there was a special kind of of neo-sapien called nephilim, but Mallorie had no idea what made them different. Gunnar had been wrong about one thing. There were no wizards. Apparently wizardry required a different kind of schooling. There was however, Volkan Yilmaz. Volkan was unique, the result of some sort of magical experiment. An evil spirit had been bonded to the Turkish boys' soul, turning the young man into kind of a living prison.

With the menagerie of students Mallorie had imagined maybe now she would be treated differently. She was wrong. At sixteen years of age, she was six foot, four inches tall and weighed one-hundred eighty pounds. With her long blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, muscular frame and substantial chest, she looked like a comic book fanboy's fantasy of a norse goddess, thus her school codename, Valkyrie. She would never be beautiful though. At best, her strong features could be described as handsome. This flaw didn't stop the boys from gawking or the boys from being catty.

She had hoped, at the academy, she would no longer be alone, but her extreme physique still made her a freak among freaks. Worse still, she was afraid of becoming too close to anyone. Within the last year she had developed the worst of powers which she revealed to no one. She could see tragedy. More accurately, sometimes when she looked upon another person, she would catch a glimpse of imminent, violent trauma or death. She could not control the sight and despite her best efforts, she'd never been able to stop the tragedy. She lived in fear of falling in love and then knowing when her lover was going to die. So she remained an outsider.

Today after a difficult day in physical education class, she stepped into the girls' locker room intent on showering. A scalding shower would feel heavenly. Her reflection in a mirror caught her attention out of the corner of her eye. Turning, she gasped at what she beheld. The reflection she saw was hers, her body, but broken and bloody. Dead.

Next: The Evil Within...

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Bonus Feature...

Valkyrie

PL 8 120PP

Identity: Mallorie Weber
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 180lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Abilities-

Strength 12/30 (+1/+10) Dexterity 12 (+1) Constitution 12/30 (+1/+10)

Intelligence 10 (+0) Wisdom 12 (+1) Charisma 12 (+1)

Feats-

Attack Focus(Melee) 2, Blind-Fight, Diehard, Fearless, Interpose, Power Attack

Skills-

Bluff 6(+7), Climb 4(+14), Diplomacy 6(+7), Drive 8(+9), KS:Current Events 6, KS:Pop Culture 6, Language (Native:German+ English, French)2, Notice 6(+7), Sense Motive 8(+9), Swim 4(+14)

Powers-

Enhanced Constitution 18

Enhanced Strength 18

Flight 5 250mph

Immortality Immunity(Aging,Disease,poison), Regeneration 1(True Resurrection)

Immunity 4 Environmental Heat & Cold, Pressure, Radiation

Super-Senses 4 Precognition Limited: Tragedy only, Single Target, Uncontrolled

Saves-

Toughness 10 Fortitude 10 Reflex 7 Will 7

Combat-

Initiative +1
Attack +4
Melee +6 Unarmed DC25
Ranged +4

Defense 16 13ff

Totals-

Abilities 10+ Feats 7+ Skills 15+ Powers 56+ Saves 12+ Combat 20= 120pp

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Got to feel bad for Valkyrie.
I can't imagine that power would do anything good for one's personality.

Also the big bad is a little more frightening in that it's capable of taking out immortals. At least if this build is any indication of what her brother was like.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”