Infinite New Vindicators Book 2: 10 years Later

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Book 2: 10 years Later

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:09 am

One little note to any ATTers who are European and reading this...I apologize that my characters speak more like a gang of Americans than Europeans, but aside from a couple British colloquialisms, I don't really know any slang from any european nation. Thus it ends up reading like a bunch of people from the US pretending they're in europe...kind of like Kevin Costner in Robin Hood.

I hope it doesn't lessen anyone's enjoyment of the story too much. Maybe my next INV story (whenever that happens) will be set in the US...at least that way my screw ups will be less egregious.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 pm

I'm impressed with Chapter 6. That was a lot of characters to juggle.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:54 pm

Shock wrote:I'm impressed with Chapter 6. That was a lot of characters to juggle.

Thanks. Occasionally I try to channel my inner michuru. I'm glad to see it worked this time.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Funny, every time I try to channel my inner Michuru I wind up firing diet coke and pudding through my nose ;~)

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Arkrite wrote:Funny, every time I try to channel my inner Michuru I wind up firing diet coke and pudding through my nose ;~)

Well even though many of the views I'm getting are probably "Bots", I'm pretty pleased with the number of views this story is getting. After all, views and feedback are what keep people like me writing...as opposed to the boundless wealth this provides me. :wink:

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:53 am

Horsenhero wrote:
Shock wrote:I'm impressed with Chapter 6. That was a lot of characters to juggle.

Thanks. Occasionally I try to channel my inner michuru. I'm glad to see it worked this time.

You're trying to channel your inner Michuru? You're doomed... :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm with Shock: that was a lot to juggle, and you pulled it off pretty well. No one felt lost--demoted from cast to background dressing. That was pretty solid, and one of the best chapters yet.

Arkrite wrote:Funny, every time I try to channel my inner Michuru I wind up firing diet coke and pudding through my nose ;~)

I've actually given up on carbonated beverages, for the sake of my teeth. Now it's a mixture of butterscotch puddin' and Arnold Palmer that rockets forth from my nostrils.

Horsenhero wrote:After all, views and feedback are what keep people like me writing...as opposed to the boundless wealth this provides me.

We need to figure out a way to get paid for sittin' on the ATT each day, tossing out stories and injecting healthy doses of strife into the lives of PCs. Perhaps sponsorships are what we need? Think I've got a shot with Brisk Half & Half or Snack Pack Pudding? [crosses fingers]
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 am

Well, next chapter a couple people die and a whole heapin' helpin' of NVAE cadets go the hospital. A student with barely any speaking lines thus far saves the day and the whole thing sets off the quest for a sword, which will prove among other things you can build a ginger bread house to code.

And yeah, getting paid for this would be awesome, but I'm way too disorganized to actually write superlink adventures or a setting guide or whatnot...so I'm stuck doing the work I always do to put food on the table.

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:09 am

So, I'm up late working on the latest chapter (which I shouldn't be because I have places to be tomorrow) and I'm wrestling with who to kill off. I can't do meaningless death well in my stories because I don't necessarily like meaningless death in my fiction. Real life is full of meaningless death and I have a hard time perpetuating it in fiction. I mean, I write fiction to get away from the crappy parts of life (meaningless death, car insurance, being between girlfriends, not having super-powers for real, you name it), so sometimes I have problems reinserting those crappy parts into my stories.

Especially car insurance (effin' rip-off). Anyway, it may take a couple extra days to get this chapter up as I force myself to stick to the plan and cut some characters lives' short. I know I shouldn't care, since this is just a short story, but since after the first INV story I said I wasn't doing anymore and yet, here I am, there's always the possibility I might want to touch on these characters again at a later date (I mean, I wrote up character sheets and everything).

Anyway, that's why chapter 7 ain't up yet.

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 am

You're the writer, man. Nothing you do is meaningless ;}

More seriously, I think a death is only meaningless if it doesn't fit in with the rest of the story. An accidental death unrelated to the plot is probably meaningless. If it's setting tone, or the magnitude of the threat, or furthering the development of the other characters, then I don't think it's meaningless. Even a random death can be meaningful if the effect on the other characters drives their motivations.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”