Query: Atlantis Unleashed Atomic Horror or Gaslight?

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Query: Atlantis Unleashed Atomic Horror or Gaslight?

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:10 am

For those who've been following ALL of my Atlantis Unleashed stuff, specifically Cattin' Around which is not on here due to terms of service, (and I'm not complaining- I understand and honor those ToS) I have a question. As some of you MAY know, in the CA storyline, Trey just found out that he has a little brother (actually by the time of the next issue, Wynn will be about six I think) and the that left him wondering what was going on, because there are only ever supposed to be 9 magecats on Earth at a time. Well, in the original game, that was a set up for Wynn (who unbeknownst to every one except Trey's parents and Emory is really an illegal clone- don't you just love drama and plot twists in comics?) to be tossed into an alternate dimension where he grows up until the death of a major supporting character at the Battle of Wolf Creek allowing him to once again return to his home dimension.

In the game we originally played through, he got thrown back in time to an alternate dimension to the nineteen fifties Atomic Horror World. Basically think of every Sci-fi B movie you've ever seen and it happened some way in that universe. Time moved slightly faster in that world, so that by the time he was able to return to his own world five years later, almost twenty years had passed for him.

Now this is set up for an upcoming story where Wynn disappears from Trey's life, and sets up an opportunity for some new storytelling. Sort of a spinoff series if you would. Now what I'm considering is this: Redoing his adventures so that instead of ending up in the atomic horror world of the 1950s, he get thrown back further into the classical birth of speculative adventure fiction. Now he's in a world where Captain Nemo, Phineas Fogg, John Talbot, Dracula, Doctor Frankenstein, Alan Quartermaine, and the original War of the Worlds are all taking place around him.

This would in no way take away from or spell the end of my Cadre 5 series or my other AU series, just be a logical tangent to explore for half a dozen or so issues. Which kind of stories would you guys rather see, the original Atomic Horror story lines or the Gas light ones?

Cobalt-Blue

Horsenhero
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Query: Atlantis Unleashed Atomic Horror or Gaslight?

Postby Horsenhero » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Hmmmmm...given the choice, I suppose I'd have to go with the original Atomic Horror setting. Everyone and their brother, including Batman has been tossed into a Gaslight setting...ususally to battle Jack T. Ripper (again?*yawn*). Atomic Horror hasn't been seen much in recent years. A staple of the Silver Age of comics, at least early on, it has fallen out of favor. I guess giant monsters aren't quite as "realistic" as shapeshifting robots with no discernable power source, but I digress.

Anyway, that's my vote, for what it's worth.

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Re: Query: Atlantis Unleashed Atomic Horror or Gaslight?

Postby cobalt-blue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:55 pm

You have a very good point. And I will admit, as a trained historian, I've found the historical sources on the target era (@1845) to be very biased and one sided. If you read modern history books there was nobody in the South with any moral values whatsoever until, well now.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”