Campaign Gone Wrong!

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Duckman37
Bystander
Bystander

Campaign Gone Wrong!

Postby Duckman37 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

In our campaign, the head of a crime fighting organization, whom we had all come to be very fond of, came to us and asked us to break 5 (innocent) NPC's out of a super hero prison. he gave us every detail we could ever need to accomplish it.

The mission was a success except for one small hiccough, the "leader" of the organization that came to us was actually just a mimic of the real leader. The code that was given to us to open just the 5 cells that we needed unlocked the entire prison. all of the inmates escaped as well, so in a sence, we were framed.

I have no idea how to fix this, any ideas would be VERY much appreciated.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Campaign Gone Wrong!

Postby Michuru81 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Duckman37 wrote:In our campaign, the head of a crime fighting organization, whom we had all come to be very fond of, came to us and asked us to break 5 (innocent) NPC's out of a super hero prison. he gave us every detail we could ever need to accomplish it.

The mission was a success except for one small hiccough, the "leader" of the organization that came to us was actually just a mimic of the real leader. The code that was given to us to open just the 5 cells that we needed unlocked the entire prison. all of the inmates escaped as well, so in a sence, we were framed.

I have no idea how to fix this, any ideas would be VERY much appreciated.

It sounds like your GM has the makings of a good game. From here, each session could become your group traversing the world trying to put everyone that you let out back in their cells.

For the sake of the story, there shouldn't be a simple fix when it comes to these sorts of blunders. Examine the situation from the perspective of your character. Would he admit that he screwed up? Would he work to try and set things right? If so, build on that.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Duckman37
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Duckman37 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:36 pm

You make a really good point there. I just don't like the fact that we are basically on the run from the city that we were once protecting. We have an excellent GM. So I'm sure that you're right. Thanks.

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Postby Michuru81 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:16 pm

Duckman37 wrote:You make a really good point there. I just don't like the fact that we are basically on the run from the city that we were once protecting. We have an excellent GM. So I'm sure that you're right. Thanks.

Honor is never about making the right choices but having the strength to deal with their consequences.
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Duckman37
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Duckman37 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Michuru81 wrote:
Duckman37 wrote:You make a really good point there. I just don't like the fact that we are basically on the run from the city that we were once protecting. We have an excellent GM. So I'm sure that you're right. Thanks.

Honor is never about making the right choices but having the strength to deal with their consequences.

That's deep. I'm impressed. And I'm not mocking you either.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”