Metal Gear Kruezritter (Part 14)

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
kingk
Cohort
Cohort

Postby kingk » Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Awesome stuff!

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 am

Indeed! I can hardly wait to see what happens next. . .
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Libra wrote:Most excellently explosive! :mrgreen:

(I've been wanting to see Blake get his just desserts ever since I first read about him in Watchmen.)

Image "mentally broken, beaten half to death and then thrown out a window to finish the job.

"how, iron age of you..."
Kreuz Control Promotions: over 2800 builds served, and counting...
Crinoverse: Contributions

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 am

Well yes, but that wasn't Just Desserts, that was an assasination by the Villain of the Piece. It's a basic case of "You have failed me for the Last Time."

This was a fight between equals and the Good Guy won spectacularly.

That is what I call Just Desserts - like Ozymandis' chastisement by The Dark Knight Returns version of Batman on Baron's first edition statting thread.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed May 20, 2009 11:30 am

Part 10: Battle of the Giants
Shadow Moses, Alaska

The woman once known as Susan Murphy was in pain like nothing she had ever experienced before. This wasn't a pain of the body, but rather of the mind, screaming at her from all her nerve endings at once. Her hands clenched her head, and slowly the pain faded.

Awareness rushed back to the giantess known as Ginormica. There had been a man in her head, but he was gone now. Perhaps the Quantonium that gave the white-haired woman her size and strength interfered with his mind control. It didn't really matter at this point. All that mattered was stopping him.

Ginormica turned towards the sounds of battle, near the main Shadow Moses facility, when she heard a voice that was quite literally inhuman.

"Sensors indicate you are no longer one of Mantis loyal followers. You have betrayed the Master, and must therefore be reprogrammed or destroyed. Cease your ambulations and submit to repairs." The voice was coming from a gigantic behemoth of metal, with a humanoid body and a head that reminded Ginormica of a robot she had seen in a very old movie once.

"You can tell your master that Ginormica doesn't surrender." The towering woman had more to say on the matter, but before she could speak, a flash of blue light emerged from the robot's face-plate, crashing into her body. She steeled herself for the pain, but instead, she didn't feel anything, merely a slight glow of heat. She smiled as the robot's voice was heard once more.

"Error. Subject 'Ginormica' appears to be unharmed by radiation. Alternate method of capture necessary. Re-calibrating attack patt-" There was a sound of crushing servos as Ginormica charged forward with a shout, one enormous fist ringing out against Liberty Prime's head. The robot actually took a step back to avoid falling over, as such was the impact of the young woman's strike.

"Subject stronger than previously recorded. Possibly red Chinese enhancement. Preparing for-" Once again, Ginormica pummeled the metal monstrosity, this time lashing out with a powerful foot crashing into his chest. The robot's servos whined at this new stress, but Prime stayed upright. Somehow, though, he righted himself and lashed out with powerful metal arms. Susan raised her arms, crossing them over her torso and the steel fist crashed into her without causing her any harm.

She tossed the robot a sly smile. Liberty Prime, despite being a lifeless being, actually sounded slightly afraid this time. "Assistance required. Subject's strength possibly greater than that of Liberty Prime. Ginormica must be stopped. Shadow Moses must not be liberated!"

He had more to say, but Ginormica wasn't listening. She stepped forward and brought her fists together and down on the robot's head, hoping it was as important to him as it was to a real person's. Luckily, she was right, and when her fists smashed the former cylinder into a misshapen lump, the robot staggered, voice coming again, weaker this time, with static filling every word.

"Liberty Prime requires repairs. Error, error, er..ror." There was more blue light, and as the great metal beast fell, crushing a few of Mantis' hapless lackeys, he exploded, leaving torso gone and naught but a few limbs left in the cold white expanse of the tundra.

Turning to face the rest of Mantis' assembled forces, Ginormica placed her hands on her hips, voice proud and challenging. "Who's next?"

Initiative: Liberty Prime-20, Ginormica-11

Liberty Prime and the big G are fifty feet apart. To open the round LP will attempt to demoralize as a move action, with a -5 penalty. That’s a +3 to the check, opposed to Georgica’s +8, she wins with an 18 to his 6. Then, Prime will use his death ray, just hitting with a 13. Unfortunately for him, Ginormica is completely Immune to radiation damage. On her round, Ginromica charges, Power Attacking for 2. Her attack modifier remains unchanged thanks to the bonus for charging, so it’s a +5. She rolls a 20, so that’s a critical, the DC of LP’s save rises to 35. He rolls toughness 8, failing by 11, Fiat to re-roll this time he fails by six. He’s Injured and stunned.

Liberty Prime- 1 Injured
Ginromica- 3 HP

Round 2. Prime does nothing on his turn, and Ginormica attacks unarmed again, no mods this time. She rolls a 7, which just hits, and Liberty Prime fails by 9, so he’s stunned and injured again.

Liberty Prime- 2 Injured
Ginormica-3 HP

Round 3

Prime uses fiat to act this round, and attacks unarmed. He hits with a total of 22, so Ginormica has to save against DC 31 with a toughness of 12. She needs a 19 or better and she rolls a 19. And she now has 4 Hero Points. On her turn, she Power Attacks for 5 and rolls a nat 20 again. The DC is now 40 and Liberty Prime rolls a 9, so he fails by 17 and is destroyed.

Liberty Prime-Destroyed
Ginormica-4 Hero Points

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 am

Image "Cursed obsolete eight month old technology! immunity to fortitude saves should have cancelled stunning effects.

I...

...What do you mean I have to provide stats for Shadow Moses itself?"

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed May 20, 2009 1:11 pm

See, I've always wondered about that myself. But then I found a reference to Talos (of Freedom City fame) being stunned, so it didn't seem so strange to me.

After all, being effected by a stun effect, like a taser? Immunity should cover that. But as far as being thrown off balance by attacks? That should effect pretty much everybody in my mind.

And it would be nice. Along with an updated index of your builds. I had to hunt for a while to find Prime.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 am

Part 11. The Unexpected.
Siberia, Foxhound base 04

It was supposed to be a simple mission, get in to the base, and procure a small, sealed one-man water vehicle for travel to Shadow Moses. The man known as Snake knew by now that things hardly ever went according to plan, and the easier the plan seemed, the worse things were likely to get.

There were times, however, when he really wished life would prove him wrong. As he was parachuting from the small plane Campbell had given him he had noticed a large boat docked next to the Foxhound base, a mostly intact grey perimeter of various stocky buildings. Most likely Mantis' goons, although why they had come here Snake couldn't guess, unless he had simply anticipated this move.

So he was skulking in the snow once again, weapon in hand. This was a modified pistol, customized to fire tranquilzer darts and affixed with a silencer, that Colonel Campbell had given him, along with a few very special darts, right before he had gotten on a plane to this god-forsaken place. He needed to get inside soon, before he got sick. Getting into Shadow Moses would be tricky enough without having to worry about hypothermia.

He was close to the base now, a few dozen yards from the actual perimeter wall, along which were various entrances. He couldn't see many people about, but Snake knew they were around here somewhere, either passively patrolling or maybe actively looking for someone.

There, a few yards to his right, behind one of the few small trees in this region, was a man with an assault rifle of some kind. He looked like one of FOXHOUND's old Genome soldiers, though Snake thought they didn't have a long enough life-span for all this. FOXDIE and all that, but apparently, Mantis had found a few in storage somewhere.

Not that it mattered, Snake knew. All he had to do was approach stealthy from behind, raise his trangulizer gun, hold for a moment, steady the barrel, and...

With a single quiet sound, the man suddenly had a dart lodged in the top part of his neck. He barely had time to realize something had struck him when he collapsed to the floor, falling quite easily into a very deep sleep.

Moving forward in a hurried crouch, Snake approached the man's still form. Confident that he was out and would be for some time, Snake took his assault rifle, slinging it over his back before heading towards the base once more. It was tricky, he knew, but what he needed to do was make for one of the buildings. It would be a lot easier to dodge patrols in there, he knew the layout better than anyone else here was likely to, and there would be fewer patrols inside.

As he approached the base, army crawling, all Snake could do was hope that Mantis didn't have a former member of FOXHOUND here along with the rest of his flunkies. He was close to one of the buildings now, a small barracks bunk room that he hoped would be empty. Any second now he would be inside, and still no one had spotted him. But that was what years of practice did for a man.

Still on his stomach, Snake was now next to the door, and he quickly rose to his feet. He took a moment to holster his tranqulizer gun, drawing his SOCOM. He reached for the door handle with one gloved hand, opening it quickly and dashing inside, shutting it quickly but not loudly behind him.

The small beds were there, just as he had remembered, but they were all scattered around the room, lined up about fifteen feet from the door. Snake wasn't concerned with that, though. What got his attention was a certain woman standing behind the assembled beds.

Though she was quite attractive, that wasn't what he was fixated on. Rather, it was the large gun in her hands, the one she was pointing right at him.

The woman who considered herself terribly unlucky smiled girmly. "For once it seems that I actually have some Fortune after all. Prepare to die, Snake."

Snake rolls Notice, getting a 15. The Genome near him isn't using Stealth, so spotting him is DC 10. Snake sees him and rolls Stealth, getting a 23. The Genome gets a natural 7. Snake's behind him, so he Sneak Attacks with his new tranq gun (Fatigue 5, Ranged, Subtle) . He hits (he needed a 2 or better) and the Genome has to save against DC 17 Fortitude. I'm ruling that Sneak Attack applies to save DCs other than Toughness. Power Attack does, anyway. The Genome rolls a 9, for a total of 16. As a Minion, he suffers the worst result, and is unconscious.

Snake rolls Stealth again, getting a 25 this time.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:46 am

Image Fortune, I want you to listen very carefully. I have gone through considerable trouble getting things ready for Snake's inevitable visit, and I'd hate for my moment of inevitable triumph to not only be marred by problems with Kreuzritter's computer, but you killing the guest of honor before he arrives!

"yes, I'm telling you to take a dive. but since Snake can't really think things are too easy, put some fight into it."

"Yes, I'm fully aware it would be easier to have her kill Snake right then and there, but i do confess there is a most visceral thrill to acting like a republic serial villain. now, if I could just find Solidus, this'll really be a party..."

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Wait a minute, you want all three of the Snakes in one place? Remember you're already dead and can't take the easiest escape route from all that bad science. . . 8)

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:35 pm

Part Twelve: Operation: Metal Gear Make Go-Boom, Part Three
Metal Gear facility, Zanzibar Land

"Freeze!" Raiden's voice rang out, shortly followed by the sound of an assault rifle clattering to the floor.

Raiden kept his pistol trained on the man in front of him. He looked like one of Mantis' GENOME soldiers, although the blond had never confronted any such men personally before. Still, he had been able to sneak up on him easily enough. Once the man had a gun at his back, he dropped his gun like anyone else would. All he had to do now was pump him for information.

"So, how many other Metal Gears are here?"

For having the barrel of a pistol jammed against his spine, the other man was relatively calm. Which meant he still sounded like he was covered in a cold sweat. "If that explosion just now was your buddy disabling the one in hangar one, there's one left, and its almost up and running. The green hotty will kill you then, pretty boy, so enjoy this upper hand while it lasts."

"Yeah, well," Suddenly Leon's voice rang out from Raiden's radio. Trying to hide his surprise, he reached for it with his free hand.

"I've taken care of the REX in hangar 1, and its guard. What about you?" The former cop's voice was tinged with static, but Raiden was simply glad he was alive at all, and thrilled to hear his news.

"Hangar two was empty, but I've got one of Mantis' goon's at gunpoint, and he says there's one left, and its almost operational. But-hey!" For just a moment, his gun had come off the other man's back. And in that instant, the seemingly ordinary soldier moved with extraordinary speed. Before Raiden knew what was what, the man was facing him, a pistol in his hands. There was a sound that nearly deafened Raiden, and pain, radiating from his shoulder.

Still, he was alive, he could move, and that was enough for the young man who had been killing since before he was old enough to shave. His pistol fell from his hands as he grabbed his High Frequency blade, drawing it and slashing in one smooth motion. There was a small flash of scarlet down the other man's front, and he sort of yelped in pain. He seemed more surprised and agitated than hurt.

"Screw this!" The pistol-wielding man said, firing off a hasty shot before dashing from the room. His bullet passed Raiden harmlessly, but the door was closed before the blond could give chase. Not wanting to rush into anything, Raiden grabbed his gun, sheathed his sword and moved through the door, pistol at the ready.

He didn't see anyone, just a narrow, long hallway. How could anyone have gotten away so quickly? Worse, how long would it be before he altered everyone else to Raiden's location? And where was Le-

Bang.

The crack of the gun was clear, and Raiden's body reacted before his brain could think, trying to avoid the danger it knew was imminent. There was another jarring impact, and Raiden knew he had been shot again, but how badly he couldn't say.

Luckily, he could see his foe again, only he'd ditched some of his outfit and was now inexplicably wearing a hat. Not bothering with the 'why' or 'how' Raiden simply aimed and fired, hoping that this strangely tough goon would actually drop this time. But there was no such luck. His bullet had hit, he was sure of it, but the man somehow stayed on his feet, reaching for a communicator.

"Requesting back-up in corridor 4, near Hangar 2, authentication code zero-two-oh, screw it, this is Octopus and I need backup, alright!" As he shouted into the comm, this man-Octopus, Raiden now knew, FOXHOUND's master of disguise, fired again, but the bullet was stopped by Raiden's sneaking suit. About time this thing started being useful.

"Why would Mantis send someone who likes to play dress-up to do a soldier's job?" Raiden's voice was almost insulting as he drew his blade once more, but his taunt would have been more effective had his overhead chop not missed the hat-wearing Octopus.

"Says the guy with hair (build and face, too) like a girl." Octopus retorted, lunging forward in an attempt to tug Raiden's sword out of his grasp. But, femme or not, Raiden twirled out of the way, slashing straight across, the thin edge of his blade catching Octopus in the ribs. There was another splatter of blood, and some cursing. Very, very loud cursing.

Before Raiden could savor his newly found advantage, with his opponent bleeding and obviously off-balance, he heard a distinctive sound of surprise. Looking up, he spotted three GENOMES down the hall. "Crap, backup."

Gritting his teeth, Raiden acted quickly, lunging forward and thrusting his H.F. Blade. With a satisfying thunk, several razor-sharp inches of sword dipped into Octopus' chest. Withdrawing his sword with a slight flourish, Raiden took the briefest moment to glance at the reinforcements-specifically their assault rifles-before turning and dashing back to the room he had encountered Octopus in.

Pausing to pick up the discarded assault rifle on the floor, Raiden radioed Leon.

"Leon, we have to act quickly, the last Metal Gear is almost operational. Odds are it'll have guards, though."

"What else is new?" Leon tried to sound pithy, but he was worried. Raiden wondered if he was in better or worse shape than he was. "Well, tough or not, its our job, so meet me in...corridor 6, and then we'll go together."

"Got it."

Back in corridor 4, Octopus laid on the ground and bled, hands futiley trying to hold his vital organs inside. The soldiers milled about him, bothering him with their chatter.

"Are you alright sir?"

"Should we go after him sir?"

"No, don't go after him, you nimrods, just find a stretcher or something for me before I bleed out in this hole. And radio Shego, tell her to expect company." For a man near death, Octopus managed to put quite a bit of anger and command in his voice. The soldiers hustled to their duties, and the hat-wearing FOXHOUND member simply felt glad he would live. However, he also felt slightly sad he wouldn't be able to see his attractive boss wipe the floor with that damn pretty boy. What kinda sissy used a sword, anyway?

Raiden rolls Stealth, Octopus fails his Notice check. Raiden holds him up and moves to melee range. Distracted by Leon’s call, Octopus has a chance to attack without Raiden shooting him (he had a Readied action) so they’ll roll init. Octopus gets a 26, Raiden gets a 10. Decoy will draw his pistol, turn and attack (I’m giving him the turn as a free action cause its such a small amount of movement). He hit’s a flat-footed Raiden easily with a 26. Raiden takes a Bruise and an Injured. On his turn, Raiden will drop his gun, Quick Draw his blade, and attack. He just hits, and Octopus fails by 4.

Raiden-1 Hero Point, Injured, Bruised
Octopus-Injured, Bruised

Round 2
Octopus attacks and then runs from the room. He hits, but Raiden makes his save. The room is small enough for Octopus to get through the door in 30 feet. Once outside, he rolls Stealth. He gets a 22.

Raiden picks up his gun and goes through the door, making a Notice check. He gets a 12. Octopus now Sneak Attacks, he hits and Raiden has to save against DC 21. Raiden fails by 12, uses a Hero Point to re-roll, still fails by 2, so he takes another Bruised and Injured. Octopus rolls initiative, which we’ll use after the surprise round, getting an 18.

Raiden-Injured 2, Bruised 2
Octopus-Injured, Bruised

Round 3.
Raiden rolls initiative, and he gets a 19. On his turn, he’ll attack with his pistol, he hits with an 18. Octopus fails his save by 2. On his turn, Octo will attack and use a move action to call for back-up. They’ll arrive in 3 rounds. He hits Raiden, who makes his save.

Octopus-Injured 2, Bruised 2

Round 4.
Raiden will drop his gun, Quick Draw his H.F. blade, move and attack. He misses. Octopus attempts to disarm him, but he misses too.

Round 5.
Raiden attacks again, and he gets a 19. That’s a critical, so Octopus has to save against DC 25. He fails by 8 and so he takes another level of Injured and Bruised, and he’s also stunned.

Octopus-Injured 3, Bruised 3

Round 6.
Genomes show up, further down the hall, behind Octopus. There are three of them. They roll init, getting a total of 13. They’ll go last, after Octopus.

As Octopus is flat-footed, Raiden Sneak Attacks and he crits again. He gets a 15 total, so he fails by 11. He’s Staggered, Disabled and Stunned. Next, Raiden goes back into the room he was in. The Genomes are gonna check on Octopus, which gives Raiden time to get outta dodge.
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kreuzritter
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Kreuzritter » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:25 am

Libra wrote:Wait a minute, you want all three of the Snakes in one place? Remember you're already dead and can't take the easiest escape route from all that bad science. . . 8)

Image "But I have learned to make that bad science work for me, and death isn't even the obstacle I'd already overcome in MGS4.

"as for the Snakes, I remind you that Solidus is a 9 volt idiot who still thinks AOL Instant Messenger is a more secure encryption than CODEC, and Liquid.... it's Liquid, 'nuff said. In any event, they hate Solid much more than me, so as they say, the enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. if
La-Li-Le Lu-Lo got involved, though, then i'd confess i'd be in trouble, to say the least."

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:35 am

Part Thirteen: Inklings of the future...
Shadow Moses, Alsaka

"Cursed obsolete eight month old technology!" As usual, Mantis was in a less than chipper mood, and seeing the destruction of Liberty Prime had only added to the fires of his rage. "Immunity to fortitude saves should have canceled stunning effects!"

There were times when the Boss, as skilled and intelligent a woman as she was, still didn't know what her master was talking about, and now was one of them. She did know, however, that the destruction of Liberty Prime was unfortunate, and the giant woman's apparent immunity to the master's control was a problem. "Should I go and deal with this Ginormica personally, sir?"

There was a brief moment of silence in the monitor room, nothing but the flickering of video screens and the hum of Psycho Mantis' gas-mask assisted breathing. "No, I can't risk having you stepped on, although I don't doubt with the right conditions you could stop this fifty-foot woman's attack. I have a better plan. Alert these three."

In a bolt of mental awareness, the Boss knew of which three her Master spoke, and merely nodded to him. "It will be done, master. I have some other bad news, I'm afraid. The one called Mentor has escaped from his holding cell, and he's been able to free some of his companions as well."

"Curse that hairless alien fool! I suppose it makes sense, after all, he escaped from the last evil warlord to have him under his Dominion. However, they will not be able to escape this place. I have the Ultimate contingency plan in mind for any superteams who might try to flee. I'll see to it personally. Once they are crushed, and after that crazy Russian brings Snake to me, my plans will almost be complete! Try to get in contact with Shego's team as well. I want my damn Metal Gear!"

In the snowy tundra of Alaska, Ginormica watched as most of Mantis army (the portion that was outside Shadow Moses proper, that was) took more than a few steps back from her. Now if only she had BOB, Link, and the rest of her friends with her, she could give this Mantis and his goons a real lesson.

Her attention was diverted for a moment as she heard a sound similar to what one might hear at an air show. Something was streaking through the sky. Something red, white and yellow...

"Superman?" She said, disbelief clear on her enormous features. He wasn't a real person, she knew that like she knew the same thing about Santa Claus, but the things she had seen in this desolate place were forcing her to face new realities. The figure hovering in place in front of her was indeed Superman, from the bulging muscles to the square jaw, right down to the spitcurl in his hair.

"He turned to face her, and Ginormica still couldn't believe she was talking to Superman. "Hello there, miss. I take it your not part of this evil conglomerate?" She could only nod in response as Superman turned his head away from her for a moment, bathing the area in X-rays.

"It seems like too long since all I had to deal with was supervillains." He was talking more to himself than her, and despite the near-obvious invulnerability of this man, Ginormica thought, for a moment, that he looked a little old. "Well, just stick with me miss, and we'll get through this. These giant villain team ups never last too long, I've seen it all before."

"Uh, Superman, it looks like we're about to have company." From high in the sky they came, three of them, although Ginormica could really only make out details of one of them, the biggest by far. "Oh, great, another giant robot" She muttered under her breath.

The robot landed with a thud and cracks in the ground all around him. With cold eyes he regarded the giant woman, hands raising for the joining of combat. Above him, roughly level with Superman's altitude, stood a man in red with a yellow cape, a sort of atomy-looking symbol on his chest and muscles to rvial Superman's. The other looked like somebody's idea to clone Superman gone horribly wrong, wearing the same costume.

As the five powerful figures faced off, Superman spoke without a trace of his former wistfulness, now slightly bemused. "This, on the other hand, is something new."
Last edited by Arthur Eld on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Severance
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Severance » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Lordy, Lordy...it's a good thing this is going down in the arctic otherwise there'd be alot of collateral damage.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 am

I'd say there's a strong chance of that anyway. :wink:

Return to “M&M Story Hour”