Quotes of the Week

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
nighthunter
Hero
Hero

Re: Quotes of the Week

Postby nighthunter » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:35 pm

In a new game I was playing as Moonlighter: Freelance Superhero.

It's the first encounter, one of the heroes who is to join our team is tied to a chair in a warehouse surrounded by a mean biker gang called "The Tunnel Snakes". Mean dudes, wearing leather jackets with patches on them.
Overhearing that they are going to dip his feet in concrete and throw him in the river I kick open the door and step inside. Staring down all the bikers.

"Hi, I'm selling these fine leather jackets..."

I think it's my best character introduction yet.
"What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!" -H.P. Lovecraft

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:57 am

My character, Skeleton Key (a dimensional-hopping teen who's had many and varied adventures), and and two other characters, Kaito (werewolf martial artist) and Yuki (animal shapeshifter who is overly-confident in herself because she's a super-hero super-fan who got powers), get sucked into an astral plane by the big bad's machine. We meet a giant glowing owl.

GGO (after calling the bad guy a sociopath to his face and being cryptic answering a question of Katio's): (turns to Yuki) And you, stop being so damn arrogant. Its going to get you killed. Again.

Yuki: Uh, what?

Kaito: (he turns to Yuki) Wait. Again?

SK: We're not dead, if that's what you're thinking. I've been dead. This doesn't feel like dead.

Kaito: (turns to Skeleton Key) What?

SK: It's not like it's a hard state to achieve!

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:52 pm

stated during my face-to-face M&M game yesterday...

"Wait... wha? We get paid?"

"Yes, we actually get a weekly paycheck to cover our expenses if we stay on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies that the Freedom City Police Department sends out."

"So we get paid real money?"

"Yes, we get two hundred dollars a week..."

"So we get two hundred dollars a week AND free room and board if we stay on call?"

"Uh, yes..."

"YES! I can quit working at Chick-fil-A wearing that horrible cow costume to pay off my student loan and move out of my parents basement!"
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Yesterday's face-to-face M&M session...

The two stalwart adventurers are hiding while watching a group of minions of two rival gangs are talking... Bull E Boi shows up in a white Cadillac Escalade with gold trim, LED lights on gold rims studded with diamonds. And his six-foot-six bodyguards are all wearing really nice white suits with gold buttons.

Guzman: "Yo man, you do realize the boss wanted this meeting to be under the radar right?"

Bull E Boi: "Yo man... this is the smallest thing Ah Gottz!"

Hooker No. 1: "Yeah right..."

After Bull E Boi and Guzman left to meet with the boss...

Guzman No. 1: "That guy is a real <censured>..."

Bull E Boiz No. 1: "You ain't kidding... i've seen things that I have nightmares about... the only good thing is this," he says while taking out a Desert Eagle 50AE pistol plated with silver, gold and diamonds.

Guzman No 1: "Oh that's beautiful..."

Bull E Boiz No. 1: "Yea it is aint it... but the best part is that I replaced all the real diamonds off my gun and the rims with fake ones, and he's totally in the dark about it!"

At this the two players wanted to stay and listen to the minions talking about how bad their bosses are!

And because of this, there is now a "Minions Union Local 360" in the game! :D
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 am

After another in the line of a running joke as to the team's dog getting into adventures while the team is away leads to me suggesting that the dog get his own comic book:

"I am NOT running a separate game for Arkrite's dog!" - Shock

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Characters wander outside to investigate noise to find that sky is raining parademons down on them and Granny Goodness appears before them

Shadow Shaman upon seeing her for the first time "I'm in love. She's gorgeous"

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:23 pm

From GenCon this year, after finding out the bride (a cousin of a PC) had been kidnapped from a wedding:

"*sigh* Always the rescuer, never the bride..."

(Also, after one PC accused another of witchcraft, and was told there wasn't time to throw accusations around)

"There's -always- time for witchcraft!"

And the best, just due to an almost total lack of context: I was GMing a LARP, and while walking past the (secret) major villain talking to one of his henchmen, simply hearing him sigh and say, "Oh very well. I guess we'll let her live."
(I never -did- find out who they were talking about...)

CENTINULL
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby CENTINULL » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Played a villain based campaign and decided to retcon the characters into heroes, after watching Flashpoint Crisis. The characters travel to the future they were instrumental in destroying, fight future versions of themselves, meet Deadpool, then snap back to the current time, where one the team is now replaced with Deadpool, and another character ceased to exist. Only two of the characters remember the old continuity, one of which is Deadpool.

Quickstrike "Remind me again why we let you join this team?"
Deadpool "I killed and replaced that DJ guy that was on your team, but you don't remember him, which is okay because he was a total douche, and I'm cooler than he would be, if he wasn't dead, but he is, so let's get Tacos"

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:05 pm

"Wow, somebody gets whiny when you blow up their Yaris."

Let your minds fill in the blank.

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm

"A simple rule of thumb for me has always been to never pay more for a beer, than what someone would have to pay for a gallon of gas..."

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Shadow » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:38 am

Heard this week in our FATE Sword & Sorcery campaign. My character Shade is a sorcerous thief who has lately been impersonating an Imperial Inquisitor to get the cops to take out a really dangerous cult. He's just been cornered in his 'real' identity by a military officer with a lot of men.

"I give you my word of honor as an officer that I will not arrest you today if you cooperate... though I make no promises for the future." "Very well. Then I give you my word of honor as a thief that I shall return."

He wasn't quite sure how to take that, but when Shade actually returned with the material as agreed, he commented, "It has been a curious... honor, to meet you."

Later, it finally struck home to Shade that he'd been putting himself in enormous amounts of danger lately, and that this was out of character for him, given the amount he was being paid. "It makes no sense! It's stupid! And the craziest part is, if I had it to do over again, I think I would!"

His teammate Iskander asked gently, "Perhaps, my friend, you are discovering that there is more to life than just profit?"

Impatiently, "Well, of course! There's revenge, too."

That game has been richly quotable all around, actually. Playing the (fake) Inquisitor, Zelotes Anakrites, has been a ton a fun - the PC's have built up an aura of omniscience around him, and the local cops are in awe of him by now. (The name means 'Zealous Inquisitor', by the way - Google Translate is your friend. :)

Anakrites is a man of few, well-chosen words.

The local military commander: "Do you play chess?" Anakrites: "Not well. I prefer politics."

The local leader of the Graycloaks, Church wizards who ferret out sorcerers: "...I would not want to play poker with you." "Nor I with you. ... I would hate to take money from a man of the cloth."

Upon discovering a notorious book full of explosive secrets about noble families, a cop says, "My lord... this book!" "...is one you did not so much as open, much less read." Snapping the book shut in a panic, the cop responded, "I never did learn to read very well, my lord!" "Good man." "I'm not sure I can even make out the title, in fact." "Quite." Turning to the other cops present, Anakrites says, "None of you saw this book. Am I understood?" "What book, my lord?" "Just so."

"My lord, I don't understand! We have ample evidence to execute him for counterfeiting... why on earth would you downgrade his charges to possession?!" Explaining patiently, "So he would give up his confederates... and because I also have ample evidence to convict him on other charges we can execute him for." "You knew this, before you cut the deal with him?" "I did." "...You are a truly terrifying man to work with, my lord." "Why thank you."

Oh, and my all-time favorite exchange was much earlier in the game. We had faced a noble sorcerer who was basically possessed by a god, who cast a +9 spell at Shade. That's... a really big number, in FATE. I expended almost all my character resources defending myself from it, still took some damage, then we promptly ran for our lives. Later we sent in the Graycloaks and the army after him, and he was finally killed. But we wanted to *make sure* he was dead. So while he was lying in state, we disguised Shade and his teammate (and inveterate con artist) Timios as a minor noble and his servant to check on his body.

Shade: "Alas, he is dead! It is insupportable!" Throws himself dramatically over the body, weeping, then whispers to Timios, "He's still alive!"

Timios: "There, there, master, I'm sure he's in a better place now!" Whispering, "So what's the plan?"

Shade: "Oh, how can life go on without him?! ... My plan involves stabbing."

Timios: "...I am okay with this plan."

At that point, we had to take a break because the GM couldn't stop laughing. :)

Afterward Shade said to Timios, "You know, much as I hate to admit it... that was actually kind of... fun." "Once the con bites you, it never lets go!"
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:21 pm

A few quotes from a couple games...

"This is what, the SIXTH flipping time some alien empire has invaded the Earth in this pass decade alone... don't you think at some point the damn aliens in this galaxy alone would get the fraking message to just leave us the hell alone?"

"You know bureaucracies... the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and the right hand sure as frak doesn't know what the left has done."

"When this is over, you're buying the beer..." "Hell no, we all know you can't get drunk. I'm rich, but not that damn rich!"

"Why are you guys looking at me? This wasn't my idea, my idea had a lot less shit blowing up..!"

cobalt-blue
Superhero
Superhero

Postby cobalt-blue » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Line from tonight's game set in an alternate Smallville world:

"You popped the cherry that saved the world and you're bitchin' about it?"

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:13 pm

From last week's exalted game:

The wind-up: Emise, tired of the constant battles between his fellow PC's and a local necromancer, has decided to use diplomacy (he's a diplomacy monkey) to end hostilities with her. He does some good, but in the end literally signs on to a deal that says if the PC's try to kill the necromancer, he'll side with the necromancer.

The pitch: Before Emise can tell the party any of this, the new PC shows up and gets in good with the party heavy-hitter. The two of them have a major bonding moment that ends with both of them pretty much re-dedicating themselves towards killing the necromancer in the most violent method they can come up with.

The swing: Chains (Party tank-badass) sees Emise's facial reaction when the two tell him their new cause, and just shakes his head.
"Sorry about your petard there."

It was glorious.

Pardum
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Pardum » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:03 am

A sister and brother are playing two different characters. When the first meet she says "I punch Seth in the genitals". Because her character was made using the quickstart character generator she was playing a paragon with the power "find weakness", so after that find weakness translated to punching people in the genitals.

Return to “M&M Story Hour”