Tales of the Tattooverse: SiaSP Part 10

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Libra » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:57 am

Have you been peeking at my notes? :wink:
Oh no, that would require forethought and underlying logic behind my bad jokes. I'm not that sort of fellow at all. . . 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 8

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:27 pm

A Night at the Museum: Part 9:

The Curator continued to go and on about his collection and his technology to transport it across the galaxies while Vega was fighting the urge to simply attempt to force his hands into his chest and rip out whatever it was that was inside it.

Vega only half listened to what the Curator was saying while he looked over the android’s frame, looking for a crack, a small hole, something that he could maybe get part of his hand inside and force larger. ”Man, I hit him with the “human rocket“ trick and knocked him down good but he‘s not showing nothing from it. Hell he‘s probably got some kinda self-repair function, meaning I gotta hit him like that again but I can‘t do that here with all these aliens and the critters.”

Unknowingly missing his guest’s intentions while he was lost within his own boasting the Curator turned to Vega. ”That is why transporting the Vorem is such a delicate matter given it‘s unique atmospheric requirements.” His tone still had that odd tone to it that Vega had noticed only a few minutes before.

“Uh-uh.” Vega struggled to stall but he wasn’t tech-savvy enough to carry that kind of conversation. It was then that he noticed something on the Curator’s side that had just came into his view that almost forced his eyes to bulge out of his visor. ”Finally! Some kind of damage showing on him!” The sight of the crack in the Curator’s side was a relief for Vega, despite that it was barely an inch in thickness at most it was a sign that the Curator could be damaged. ”Gotta wait for the right time to make my move then, cause once I go for that he’s gonna go all out on me probably.”

The Curator, still unaware of Vega’s plan, started to walk down the hall formed between the different cages pointing out other points of care for the various aliens and animals that were being kept in those cages. Vega moved to keep up having to walk quickly to keep up while the animals were attempting to get away from the pair by backing up as far as possible inside their cages. Clearly they knew that they were not on their home worlds and that the strange being speaking was somehow responsible while the intelligent aliens made efforts to plead to the Curator and Vega to release them from this prison they were held in. They would yell and plead in various languages, most of which Vega was unable to understand, which he was glad for. ”Hell, this is gotta be what POW’s went through kinda. This is just wrong but I can’t do nothing yet, I gotta wait for a chance for me and the Curator to not be so close to them.”

Suddenly an odd noise began to come from just ahead of the Curator and Vega, while the Curator stopped what he was saying and stared curiously at the space before them where the noise was coming from a small, jagged inky black line began to form.

”This is unusual, I have not seen this phenomena before. It seems that some kind of dimensional breach is happening within that space. None of the subjects I have gathered here possess an ability to generate such a thing naturally or by the use of technology.”

Vega simply grinned as he recognized what they were looking at, it was something he had seen several times. Especially given that it was in the shadow of the massive animal from Bolivic II known as the Yazz. “Oh I don’t know Curator, I think you may know what it is. It’s just you didn’t pay enough attention the last time you saw it.” As he spoke Vega rose up in the air behind the Curator bring up his fists and his eyes filling with a familiar crimson glow.

The Curator had no time to respond to Vega’s remark as he watched the black tear in space grow larger in the shadow until it was large enough for Blackstone and Echon to pop out of it, only a few feet away from him.

Blackstone looked right at the Curator, her eyes still filled with the crackling black energy she controlled. “Curator, you’re done here!” Her anger was clear as her shadow weapon was forming in her hand, normally a identical replica of a staff only solid black. Now it was as if it were bursting with additional energy, it’s form was almost like it was struggling to contain the energies inside it.

Echon immediately took to the air as well, he said nothing as he began generating an odd high-pitched whine from somewhere inside his body.

Vega looked down at the Curator as he nodded towards the reunited gathering of the Alliance with a smile on his face. “Remember when I told ya that we were gonna take ya down? Guess what happens now?”

To be Continued…….
Next Time: The Big Showdown.
World of Freedom Setting 3E

"Your ignorance is not my burden."
-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 8

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Well another few months and time for a new part of the story. Man it takes me awhile to get these put together. Anyways I've still got a few days left on my vacation and I plan on putting some serious effort into writing the final part of this story line.

After that what I hope to do is to set aside some time and get several parts of the next story written and done before I start posting them. With all my other projects I'm working on the writing takes the backseat the most due to the amount of editing and checking I do to keep all my references and such correct that I do. As it is once I get a new part done I always want to hurry up and get it posted for whoever here wants to read it in an effort to at least attempt to keep the stories going. So once again sorry for the slow goings but thank you for reading.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 9

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Interlude:

He looked down at two of the three people he actually knew in this place, and their robotic friend. He rubs his hands together in anticipation as he grinned a toothy grin while he watched them fight against the Curator.

“This is gonna be wwaaaaayyyyy better than anything that slacker could come up with.” His topknot bounced on and he laughed, “Now I’m gonna show him how to tell a real story.”

Since his viewing place was technically a few hundred miles straight up in the air, on the edge of a cloud to be specific, needles to say that the cosmic kender was very surprised when someone tapped on his shoulder from behind.

He quickly spun around, his topknot following after him as the daylight played across his blue skin, giving it varying hues. The sight of another person standing on the cloud just like he had been doing wasn’t something that Elemenoh P. Quarez (his parents needed to learn Common) was expecting to see.

“So who in the name of Josh Whedon are you?” As he spoke Elemenoh reached into the bag slung across his shoulder and pulled a moderately thick book that was covered with several large letters printed across it that read;

Offical Handbook of the Tattooverse:

Elemenoh quickly opens the book up, dons a pair of glasses he didn’t have a moment before, and at a speed that would rival Jet turns through the pages inside and when done looks up at his surprise visitor. “You aren’t in the book.”

I wouldn’t be in that book Elemenoh.” He reaches down and takes the book from the kender’s grip.

Elemenoh looks around nervously, “Did my parents send you?” He asks as he continues looking over his surroundings.

No they didn’t.” The other answered, “I represent the interests of this universe and we’ve got a mutual friend online, so ta speak.

“Online? That stupid, limited thing most those guys on the ATT use to build stuff and play things for that one game that’s nothing more than numbers on a piece of paper and ruled by chance?”

Yeah, that. Anyways now that yer done insulting my hobbies, our mutual friend’s name is Michuru81.

At the mention of the name Elemenoh’s face scrunches up as he starts thinking. “Let’s see,” he says as he holds up a hand and starts to count off names, raising a finger for each name he calls out. “Manintights, GPrime, …..ummmm there’s Flashpoint, and NateDogg, that new guy SandersonCooper. Who else? I know I’m forgetting someone, who is it?”

Here, lemme help ya out.” The other said as he shrugged out of the jacket he was wearing. Underneath the jacket he was wearing a sleeveless shirt, tattoos covering his arms from shoulder to wrist in a series of designs and colors that were a mixture of various colors. Even his fingers were tattooed in an old style block letters.

Elemenoh looked over each arm and smacked his forehead. “oh.” His face lost it‘s normal cheery demeanor. “I’ll be going now.”

The other nodded his head. “Ah figured.

“You realize that stuff I said in the OUBLIETTE Universe was just a joke. Right?”

Yep. No worries, I get wrapped up in working on other stuff.” Tattooedman shrugs as the last words come out.

Elemenoh reached for the door that hadn’t been there before and as he opened the door Tattooedman brought his hand up and gave a small wave of his hand as he spoke his parting words.

See ya round Mich’s parts of the multiverse Elemenoh. Don’t hurry back.

Once the kender had gone through the door and it had disappeared just a suddenly as it had appeared, the Tattooedman sat down at the edge of the cloud where Elemenoh had sat and grabbed a bag of Spicy Doritos that hadn’t been there before and watched the world move on.

As he looks down, settling on the inside of the Curator‘s ship, he mutters under his breath. “Least I can get some builds put out. That‘s gotta balance out all his story posts.

Couldn’t resist the temptation here to try my pen (so to say) at bad joking Michuru. Hope you don’t mind how I treated Elemenoh and that you liked the short. :wink: Now, on we return to the story.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 10

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:16 pm

A Night at the Museum: Part 10:

The Curator silently regarded the gathering of heroes around for a few moments as they were readying their coming attack on him. Then he simply brought his right hand up and pressed another of the studs on his chest and suddenly a bright blue light filled the room, preventing anyone from seeing what was happening around them.

“What the HELL?!? Vega blurted out as everything was replaced by the blinding light.

Blackstone called out to Vega and Echon, “Hang on! He’s teleporting us!”

Once the light faded and their eyes cleared the group saw that they were still on-board the ship but they were in a different part than they had been and the Curator was nowhere in sight.

Blackstone looked over towards Echon still hanging in the air, still only about 10 feet away from her. “Echon, see if you can detect the Curator. Vega you’re on search duty too, you’ve got senses that are better than normal.” With that Blackstone brought her hands up together in front of her face as she began to look through the Shadow Fields to see if she could locate the Curator.

Echon nodded his head as he began to hover higher in the air to gain a better vantage point to do his scans from. ”Agreed” His tone was back to it’s normal, detached state. The concern and frustration that he had previously shown was completely gone as if it hadn’t ever been there.

Vega’s face was almost the total opposite of Echon’s calm and collected composure. Clearly he was angry, almost red in the face. Whatever he had seen here on the Curator’s ship had really pushed him more than Blackstone had seen before. He said nothing else and like Echon he raised up higher into the air.

The room looked something like some kind of an assembly line Vega thought. “Between the various hover platforms, the conveyer belt, the robot arms that must move whatever from the platforms to the belt, hell there’s even a thing that looks like a giant donut at the end of it.

The Curator’s voice suddenly came from all around them, filling the room with his flat-tone speaking. “You have become more of an interference with my protocols than was originally extrapolated. I shall abide by your actions no longer, my drones shall finish you and remove you from my vessel.”

As he speaks several shapes seemingly grow from the walls, ceiling and floor. At first they’re only metallic blobs, but quickly focus into a form recognized by all three heroes.

Vega smacked a hand against his forehead as he saw the shape being taken. “MAN! I am getting so tired of these stupid drones!” With that he took off at full speed towards a grouping of them, scattering several them. Their semi-solid forms splattered like man-sized buckets of jell-o, painting the walls around them.

Echon was having similar results with his sonic attacks that pierced the air around with the hum of white noise and the wet noodle sound the liquid metal droids made when hit at this stage of forming. Echon looked over his various targets and noticed their movements despite the efforts of himself and the others. Computer, evaluate current threat and recommend best combat options unit can use.

”Compliance. Evaluating current threat of target designate: Unknown.”

Even Blackstone was able to keep the liquid metal beings at bay, her shadow blasts tearing through them just as easily as Echon’s sonic emissions. Despite her accuracy though her being the only grounded member meant that she faced more of the newest threat than her airborne allies. Soon she was forced to move, flipping and twisting through the air with her long, black hair and the ebony energy her eyes were lit with trailing behind her.

After several minutes of this fighting the three members of the Alliance found themselves seriously outnumbered by the growing drones that seemed to be mostly immune to their efforts to stop them. For every drone they hit two others moved to replace it, while the downed drone quickly recovered by liquefying itself and then reforming it’s body anew.

While Echon continued to blast silently from above them the other he always carried with him spoke to him.

”Evaluation complete.”

Resultsof evaluation?

”Based on sonograph results target designate: Unknown indicate that they are a whole, amalgam Mercury based metal that operate on a individual cellular level.”

Each drone is a nanite in nature? Each piece of it operating independently of one another, communicating and working together to achieve it’s programming guidelines?

”Correct.“

Suggestions for dealing with the entirety of the gathered units impeding the efforts of unit and allies designate: Blackstone and Vega?

”Generation of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound frequency would generate an intensive enough heat source that could cause the amalgam nature of the metal to remain in liquid state permanently.”

Proceed.

“Compliance.”

Seconds later a low, bass-like hum filled the room. The sound almost had a physical quality to as both Vega and Blackstone could almost feel the sound press against their bodies as they continued to fight against the liquid metal drones who had a very different reaction to the sound.

At first their movements slowed, then their bodies began to smolder, then the drones bodies locked up in various positions. Several of them were unable to remain standing as a result and fell over onto one another while others were still in the process of reforming themselves. Those still in a more liquid state reacted by simply smoldering and their mass splattered to the floor almost immediately.

Vega looked up towards Echon hovering above him in the air. “Weird noise tricks that’s hurting these things? Gotta be Echon.”

Blackstone simply continued her assault by flipping head over feet followed by a push off the floor that allowed her to clear the height of one of the solid drones head while she focused her shadow energies into her hands. The ebony staff appeared instantly as she started swinging her arms towards the drones head, the forming staff struck squarely and went straight through. As the staff broke through the back of the drone’s head, bits of it trailed after due to the force of the impact. Blackstone landed with a practiced grace on her feet as she spun around just to be sure that her target was dealt with.

As the split-headed drone fell backwards as small grin grew across her mouth. “Finally. Something that keeps them down, keep it up Echon!”

No sooner had the words left Blackstone’s mouth than the sound wave Echon was generating increased. Blackstone felt the wave of sound now, it caused a prickling sensation on her arms.

The drones began to smolder even more and a metallic, burnt wiring smell filled the large room as the dozens of drones began to feel the full effects of Echon’s efforts. Unnoticed by the trio of heroes was the bubbling noise that was growing, though Vega was the first to notice the visible reaction.

“Uhhhh, Echon? Ya might wanna maybe tone it down a bit, it looks like these putty boys are gonna ….” Was all he managed to say before the next reaction happened.

Suddenly the room was filled with the sounds of reverberating explosions and the air filled with the liquid metal of the drone’s body mass as they blew apart in a series of violent self-explosions that forced Vega and Blackstone to take cover.

Vega looked down at the room, now covered in the shiny, liquid silver metal that had just moments ago been his foe. The walls and floor looked like someone let several art therapy classes go wild, bits of the metal all over the room were running down walls, dripping off the ceiling. All pooling on the floor wherever gravity took it, painting the room in a silver on silver mashing.

Echon‘s eyes bulged at the effect of his attack, visibly stunned as his mind raced to understand what had happened. Computer! What caused the explosive result!

”Cavitation occurred. Resulting microbubbles rapidly forming and collapsing within their forms causing massive damage generated an intense enough shock wave effect on a cellular level that along with the generated heat effect resulted in target designate: Unknown‘s imploding.

Why wasn’t this part of the evaluation given?

”Unit did not allow for full evaluation.”

Blackstone appeared out of one a shadow portal , based out of one of the mechanical arms that hung over the conveyor system. “Echon, are you alright?? She looked at him for a moment, taking in his expression and body language for a moment before she turned her attention to Vega to check on him.

”I am fine Blackstone. The drones implosion was an unexpected side-effect of the sound wave I was generating. I apologize for that.” He had managed to recover from his initial surprise and regain his usual stoic appearance, though Blackstone did notice that he seemed somewhat annoyed but said nothing of it.

Vega on the other hand was wiping some of the metallic remains off himself as he hadn’t escaped entirely scot-free, though the smile on his face showed that he was unharmed.

“Still, that was a pretty slick trick there. Plus it was cooler to see than anything I’ve seen KISS do. Bonus points for creativity there pal.” As he spoke Vega brought his free hand up and gave the “metal sign”.

“Serious time still Vega.” Blackstone’s voice cut into his normal habit of joking after a fight. “We’ve still got the Curator to deal with and I’m sure he’s not too happy, or whatever he’d feel, with how things just turned out.” She looks around the room again. “So let’s see just how much he values his equipment. This all looks like it could be pretty useful to his daily operations.” She gestures towards the conveyor with the robot arms behind her and what looked like hover carts and her smile grew just a little bit bigger.

“Lets break it and see how fast he’ll show up.”

To be Continued......
Next Time: Damage Control

-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Tattooedman wrote:Couldn’t resist the temptation here to try my pen (so to say) at bad joking Michuru. Hope you don’t mind how I treated Elemenoh and that you liked the short. :wink: Now, on we return to the story.
I don't mind at all. In fact, a friend of mine thinks you went too easy on the little guy...
To Be Continued... wrote:You should have pried his fingernails off with toothpicks...
...but at least we agree that it was a nice introduction to the return of the Alliance. Now comes to the arduous three month wait for the next chapter. :-p

I suppose I could pass the time by posting builds but... eh... too much effort. ;)
OUBLIETTE - NVAE: IC | OOC

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:21 am

Michuru81 wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Couldn’t resist the temptation here to try my pen (so to say) at bad joking Michuru. Hope you don’t mind how I treated Elemenoh and that you liked the short. :wink: Now, on we return to the story.
I don't mind at all. In fact, a friend of mine thinks you went too easy on the little guy...
To Be Continued... wrote:You should have pried his fingernails off with toothpicks...
Well, if it makes him feel any better my first draft included things like piledrivers and DDTs but I thought that might be a little too harsh so the fight got dropped.

Maybe next time. :D

Michuru81 wrote:...but at least we agree that it was a nice introduction to the return of the Alliance. Now comes to the arduous three month wait for the next chapter. :-p
Don't be too sure, I realize I suck at getting new parts of the story posted by the writing muse has struck me and I've already gotten the first draft done and about half adjusted to the second draft. At the pace I'm going it could be the middle of next week, maybe end of at worst, and I'll have the new part posted for your viewing pleasure. :wink:

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Night at the Museum: Part 11

Post by Tattooedman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:06 am

A Night at the Museum: Part 11:

The room was filled with various sounds of destruction and flying parts of machines as each of the three members of the Alliance set themselves loose on the equipment of the Curator. Each did their part in their own way, Echon mostly used his sonic blasts, Blackstone put some of her martial training to use as she moved up and down the conveyor, striking various places with her shadow staff while Vega was more than happy to simply rip pieces apart with his bare hands.

Vega’s face showed that he was somewhat enjoying this small opportunity to let loose with his strength in such a manner. “Hey Blackstone, have I mentioned just how much I like this plan?”

Swinging her shadow staff into the base of a floor mounted robot arm, Blackstone rolled her eyes as she answered. “Only every time you pull something loose. That last time makes the total count somewhere around ten or so.”

“So how much longer do we do this?” Vega asked as he looked around for a new target while he tossed a five foot section of the conveyor belt over his shoulder nonchalantly.

Blackstone stepped back and looked over the total damage the three of them had done in such a short time. “Honestly I thought he’d have done something by now. It’s been a couple of minutes since we started trashing this stuff.”

”Perhaps he simply assumes that once we are done demolishing his equipment that we will take leave of his ship.” Echon’s voice came from above the pair.

Vega’s face turned a shade of red as he considered Echon’s statement, he then puts his fist through the conveyor belt causing about three feet to both sides of where he hit to buckle inwards from the force he exerted. “Ain’t gonna happen!” He raises up into the air as his voice grows louder, “Hear that Curator? We AIN’T LEAVING til you’re gone!” Vega’s head turned all around while he spoke, almost like he was looking to find the Curator hiding himself in some odd corner and suddenly reveal himself.

When that didn’t happen Vega turned back to the conveyor belt and looked it over for a new target for his rage. His eyes found that the majority of the belt itself and most of the robotic arms that would load it were well past being considered useable. Then his gaze settled on the large hollow ring that sat at the end of it and a slightly wicked smile crossed his face.

“Bet he’d show if we messed with that part.” He said as he willed himself near it. It looked like it was made out a different kind of metal than the rest of the ship and the dual set of rings held within it were covered with an alien language he couldn’t understand. As Vega took ahold of the outer edge of the ring he tested the sturdiness of it with a slight squeeze.

As the sound of creaking, yielding metal filled the room Vega’s smile grew larger.

Vega put his other hand on the ring in a place that allowed him to exert more leverage against it. “Hey gang, watch this.” And with that he sunk all of his fingers through the outer shell and then pulled his arms back. The resulting spray of sparks and dancing reddish-yellow energy that flew out several feet and washed over him as he pulled the outer shell loose caused Blackstone to turn her head away to save her vision.

“Vega! Be careful with that! We don’t know what it does for sure and tearing it up could make things worse!” Blackstone’s tone was harsh but she didn’t want to be to mean as she had allowed Vega to go ahead with his idea. Now seeing the results she wished she had done things maybe just a little bit different, but it was too late now so damage control was the best she could do.

The Curator‘s voice filled the room.”You have no idea what that device is capable of doing when it isn‘t damaged. Cease and desist now and leave this vessel.“ A flash of blue light flooded the room, bright enough that it washes out the energy leaking from the ring Vega had just damaged for several seconds. As it fades away the Curator is left standing on a hover platform above the members of the Alliance.

He fixes his gaze on them, in an odd way it almost looks frustrated. Though the tone of his voice clearly indicates that he is. ”Your action make no sense, I simply am following my directives by cataloging various samples of the more evolved planets in the known systems so that they may be remembered in the future.” The Curator shakes his head momentarily before he continues, ”Your continuing resistance to my efforts are illogical and have been a hindrance to my completion of my directives.”

“Yeah, well that’s pretty much what our job is, Robo-Jerk. Stopping you.” Vega interrupted will his usual lack of patience.

”This is obvious. Therefore I have devised a option that will work for both of our mutual interests.” As he speaks the Curator reaches out to the control panel on his hover platform and pushes several buttons. Seconds later the inner rings on the ring at the end of the conveyor belt begin to spin, circling around several times as if follows it‘s order. After several tense moments the two rings stop spinning and come to a sudden halt, bring out a bubling, popping noise from inside the open section of the ring. Then the view through the center hole warps and bends then suddenly fills with liquid like, orange energy that moves on it's own. Small tendrils of energy flow out several feet from the portal, giving the idea that it's almost like it was a living thing searching for something to pull into itself.

”You shall walk through the portal and be transported to my Archive. There you will be able to defend it against any and all possible threats as well as protect the aliens that live there. While I shall be allowed to follow my directive and gather samples from this planet and add it to the Archive as well.” The Curator brings both his arms up in a grand manner, clearly satisfied with his idea. ”Thus you will still be protecting some of your people and unique items.” He looks to all three of the gathered heroes, ”This is clearly the best answer to the dilemma we are faced with. It is agreeable solution with you as well?”

To be Continued……
Next Time: Choices
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Night at the Museum: Part 12

Post by Tattooedman » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm

A Night at the Museum: Part 12:

Blackstone’s face was a mixture of confusion and anger, the second was mostly due to her dealing with the Curator, who had came to Earth again. This time he’d attack a musuem attempting to steal various items about the history of Drake City and she and Vega had been there to stop him. During that initial fight it looked like Vega had been disintegrated almost and it was only after her shadow-scrying on the Curator’s ship had she discovered him still alive and stalling for time. She was angry at the Curator for putting her through that, and she was willing to make him feel her frustrations.

The first feeling was due to the incredible offer the Curator had made to her, Vega and Echon. Become his personal protection force, keep his Archive safe and protect the various aliens, intelligent and otherwise, from any and all possible threats. The list of possibilities of what she would see and experience were almost staggering. But what she would be giving up here to do that was something that she couldn’t bring herself to consider. She had responsibilities, duties and a commitment on Earth, in Drake City and to herself that were too important to her to just leave behind.

She turned, with the same look on her face, to her friends to judge their reactions. Vega wore a look that seemed to be more confusion than anything else. Echon simply had the normal expression he normally did. Cold logic, and it was with that he answered the Curator.

”No. You seek to distract us with your offer, we will not be swayed. You shall be stopped.”

The Curator shook his head as he heard Echon’s answer. “As I suspected, the three of you are unable to truly appreciate the magnitude of my offer.” As he speaks he once again presses one of the buttons on the control panel of his hover platform, “Now it seems that you have forced me to deal with this issue in a manner more suited to your limited cognitive ability.” Another flash of the blinding blue light flares into being and once it fades out the outline of an animal that none of the gathered members of the Alliance had seen before.

It looked like a lizard of some kind, standing almost fifteen feet tall and covered in scales that started out blue on it’s limbs and head but turned a deep purple hue as they came closer to the center of it’s body. A single, large horn protruded from it’s nose and then a line of smaller spike grew on the top of it’s skull and followed the curve of it’s spine, ending in a cluster of several longer spikes on the tip of it’s tail. It stood still, never attempting to move as a periodic glimmering energy showed that the creature was surrounded by a force field. Though from the look the of the creature’s eyes it was considering the smaller beings in front of it as a possible source of a meal.

”The Horned Devil of Razza 7 is rather well known for it’s aggressive behavior. This particular specimen has been fighting with several of it’s own clutch-mates for this past cycle and while I am programmed to collect species this particular specimen is almost too violent for the good of the others collected with it.” The Curator gestures at the Horned Devil with one hand while the creature unleashes a muted roar from behind it’s energy cage. ”I felt its behavior pattern would be put to better use here before I ended it existence.” The Curator’s hand hovered over his control board for a moment while he spoke and as he finished speaking, his finger quickly hit yet another button.

Suddenly the glimmering force field made a “POP” noise and there was a brief flash of light as the field dissipated and then it was gone. Realizing that nothing stood between it and it’s intended meal the Horned Devil roared again, with a volume rivaling a freight train, and it started forward towards the three lone heroes.

To be Continued…..
Next Time: The beast you know or through the open door?

-- Chiun

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 12

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:56 am

A Night at the Museum: Part 13:

The mixture of sounds was almost deafening, the Horned Devil roaring, Echon’s sonic beam firing, Blackstone yelling out his name. These were the sounds that Vega heard just before his back impacted with the side of the giant set of rings that were covered in an alien language he couldn’t understand. The metal made a noise that couldn’t be replicated unless a person had a car compacter handy, and the entire structure of the rings shook with the impact Vega transferred to it. Though it still held together now there was a body shaped dent just above the tear Vega himself had just moments before inflicted upon it.

As he pulled himself out of his resting place he looked back to where he‘d come from, where at the moment Blackstone and Echon were trying their best to take the monster down without hurting too badly. Vega understood the problem, it wasn’t the Horned Devil’s fault really. It was just following it’s nature and it was being taken advantage of by the Curator for his own ends. The Alliance were just the monkey in the middle in the overall scheme of it all since the Curator was banking on their unwillingness to hurt such a creature.

“Time ta change the rulebook we’re playing from then.” Vega muttered to himself as he started to look around the giant room, trying to locate something the group could use against the Horned Devil. He shook his head as he looked over the wreckage of the conveyor belt and robot arms that were laying on the floor, “Not gonna do it, hell I can bend that. This thing takes my shots without blinking almost so that ain’t gonna do it.

The portal let out a loud buzzing, humming sound as it threw sparks out almost a full six feet that drew Vega’s attention. He turned around and looked at the device for a moment, remembering what the Curator had said about it when another roar from the Horned Devil called his attention back to his teammates. Vega watched as the beast moved to try and bite Blackstone whole, though she managed to tumble just out of it’s reach and into a nearby shadow that she used to put more distance between herself and the Horned Devil. Frustrated by just how close it had been to catching one of it’s possible meals the Horned Devil raised it’s head up into the air and let loose another massive roar, giving voice to that frustration that left reverberations in the bodies of the Alliance members around it.

Vega looked back at the portal as the roaring noise died down. “No other choices, cause we’re coming up too short without the rest of the gang.” With that thought Vega raised up into the air but held back from the fight while he triggered his communicator. “Hey guys, I’ve gotta an idea on how to get rid of big n’ scaly. Herd him back here towards me and I should be able to deal with him.”

“Acknowledged.” Was the response Vega heard from Echon, course that was mostly all the guy ever said to him. Blackstone on the other hand wasn’t as ready to accept the idea that Vega had a plan. Her tone of voice was clear even through the communicator, “What do you have in mind? Aside from punching this thing really hard?”

Vega’s eyes rolled slightly at the question. “Gimme a break, it’s more complex than that.”

“Alright Vega, if you say so.” Blackstone’s voice still didn’t sound convinced but she was willing to trust Vega, he’d come up with a surprisingly good idea in the middle of a fight before. “Echon, use maneuver Alpha 3 when I give the signal.”

“Agreed. My tactical program has already informed me that attack would produce the desired results.” Echon’s tone was more mechanical sounding than usual, though neither of his two allies had any idea of just how close he had come to losing control of his operating systems to his on-board computer.

As they finished they quick planning the Horned Devil vocalized it’s anger again and once it had subsided Blackstone yelled out almost in answer. “A3! NOW!”

At those words Echon unleashed a very focused sonic frequency that was just barely noticeable by human ears but had a very obvious effect on the Horned Devil. Almost immediately it began to shriek, clearly in pain as it began to thrash it’s head around as if it were trying to dislodge some hidden thing from it’s head. After several seconds and no ease to it’s pain coming the beast began to move about, searching for something that was the cause for it’s situation. It was at this point that Blackstone opened a portal within the Horned Devil’s own shadow and simply allowed her ebony energy to freely flow from it.

The combined effect of the of the pained frenzy it was already in along with the sudden release of strange energies that gave off such an other-worldly feel caused the Horned Devil to move back towards Vega, who was still hovering in mid-air waiting with a large grin on his face and his hands gathered into fists.

As the creature came closer Vega waited until it was where he wanted it to be when he launched himself at it like a human rocket. The resulting sonic boom almost knocked the Curator off his hover platform while Blackstone and Echon had been somewhat expecting that kind of attack and had been better braced for it just in case. Echon said nothing as he watched and continued to concentrate on generating the sonic frequency that was the main distracting factor for the beast while Blackstone wasn’t happy with Vega’s choice in tactics. “A flying ram is more complex than a punch? She rolled her eyes slightly, ”Brilliant Jon. Here’s hoping you don’t knock yourself out against that thing’s hide for your trouble.” She chewed her bottom lip slightly, the Horned Devil had taken several of their best shots before it had started to show that it felt anything. Between her blasts, Echon’s sonics and Vega’s blasts and raw strength that wasn’t something to take too lightly.

As he flew head-on towards the Horned Devil, Vega quickly stole a glance towards where he wanted the creature to go and focused back on it, all with a wide smile on his face. ”I love this job sometimes!

The Horned Devil remained unaware of what it’s tiny foes had in store for it and continued to try and escape from the ebony energies coming from it’s own shadow as well as still trying to free itself of the pain of the noise it was hearing that was causing it such a large amount of pain like it hadn’t known before. It was as the beast brought it’s head up for what seemed to be the hundredth time in another effort to get rid of the noise plaguing it that Vega slammed into it at full speed. His colliding fists causing a second sonic shockwave that was just slightly weaker than the first one he’d caused moments before with his take off, but this one was powerful enough to cause the Curator’s hover platform, which had still been trying to stabilize itself from the first shockwave, to lose that fight against gravity.

The artificial being it had been holding aloft came unceremoniously crashing to the ground with a loud thudding that wasn’t really noticed by the other two members of the Alliance as they continued to watch their ally deal with the beast the Curator had unleashed upon them. As he started to pull himself up off the floor, the Curator took in the sight for himself and found himself unable to look away.

"Amazing" was the only thing he could say as he watched a being he had thought beneath him battle a monster he’d thought was almost unstoppable almost to a standstill.

Vega’s impact caused the Horned Devil to stagger backwards for a moment and it turned all of it’s frustration and pained anger on him. Thinking that the young hero was the source of it’s sonic discomfort the creature bellowed it’s full rage, showing the full, large set of teeth that looked as if they could easily rend a man in half with little effort. The smell that accompanied the roar brought the scent of rotting meat and raw heat with it, Vega was forced to half close his eyes in reflex to the offensive nature of the sensations but stayed his ground so to speak in mid-air.

“My, my, my Grandma! What big teeth yer gonna LOSE!!” Vega yelled back at the Horned Devil as he wrapped one hand around the other and then quickly brought the joined limbs above his head and back down as hard as he possibly could. The axe handle attack smashed into the top of the animal’s head and once again the Horned Devil was stunned, though this time it was slightly longer as the creature swayed almost drunkenly in place. Vega’s plan had counted on him being able to do that and he quickly moved to finish acting out his attack.

Vega reached out and took ahold of the Horned Devil by the main horn on it's nose with both hands and the proceeded to turn himself in a manner one would do a judo flip, raising himself higher into the air as well in an effort to gain more leverage against the larger animal. Within seconds the Horned Devil’s clawed feet start to lift off the floor of the Curator’s ship as Vega continued to go higher into the air and turn more, facing towards the teleportal unit. The device continued to spit and spray random arcs of electric, orange energy from the places it had been damaged, the field in it’s center pulsing almost as if it were a thing alive and waiting to be fed, and still Vega continued his move.

Echon ceased his emission of the sonic frequency as Vega finished his throwing move of the Horned Devil while Blackstone turned her attention to the Curator.

“Ready to call it quits now Curator?” She asked as half a smile danced across her face and she jerked a thumb over her shoulder back towards Vega and the Horned Devil. “As you can see, your little pet isn’t enough to prevent us from stopping you.”

The Curator wasn’t able to answer her though, he still was entranced by the sight of Vega’s brutish manhandling of a creature like the Horned Devil. The Curator had dealt with members of the Star Core before but none of them had been so willing to engage in such a raw aggression or so directly enter combat like Vega displayed. Though as the Curator watched he was able to see something that Blackstone had missed happening, until she heard Echon yelling.

”Vega! Behind YOU!!”

As Blackstone turned around she saw that Vega had finished his throw and the Horned Devil was sailing through the air towards the portal with no trouble, what Vega was unaware of was the creature bringing it’s tail about in a manner that allowed it to catch him with it’s spiked end and drag him along with it. As they both entered the opening of the portal Vega managed to free himself of the mass of spikes but wasn’t able to alter his course fast enough to prevent his sharing the fate he’d intended for the Horned Devil.

For several seconds both of them seemed to be fine until their outer limbs started to take on a blacked out coloring. Slowly it grew across the bodies, almost as if it were a living thing seeking to join one another from those different points on them as they fell apparently deeper into the portal and further away from where they had been.

Within seconds both of their forms had turned completely black and then faded from sight within the orange energy field held within the device. When they were gone Blackstone turned back to the Curator, her face a mask of several emotions that he was unable to understand. She stood there for several seconds without saying a word, though the building of ebony energy that spewed up from her hands and her forearms didn’t make it difficult to guess.

Suddenly her shadow staff was fully formed and was swinging through the space between them. Blackstone quickly removed the Curator’s arms and legs and then summoned more of her unnatural darkness to lift his torso up so that she could look him eye to eye.

“You are going to help my friends figure out a way to find Vega.” Blackstone said, her tone of voice was almost totally flat. It was as if she was fighting to not lose her self control at this point but was questioning why she should bother. “If I even get the slightest hint of the idea that you are not doing all that you can then I will be sure to send you to a dimension whose inhabitants eat metals and electronics.” She leveled her gaze at the Curator and even though he had trouble understanding emotions he had dealt with biological beings enough to recognize the sincerity she was speaking with. This wasn’t a threat, or even an attempt to bully him. She was telling him a plain fact.

“Do you understand me?”

The Curator looked at the woman, whose eyes were now burning with ebony energy and had just severed much of his outer framing with little effort. ”Of course.”

To be continued…..
Next Time: Did that little blue freak come back without the boss knowing it? What are we going to tell people without Vega here? He’s the pretty much the star of this thread! Someone throw me a frickin’ bone here!
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Re: Tales of the Tattooverse: Night at the Museum part 13

Post by Michuru81 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Go, Blackstone!

Ahem, I should point out that you've managed to get four chapters in since my last one. See? Now *I* look lazy... ;)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Michuru81 wrote:Go, Blackstone!

Ahem, I should point out that you've managed to get four chapters in since my last one. See? Now *I* look lazy... ;)
Right....

Did you forget that you've been "taking a break til after the New Year"?

Though I have to admit I've been feeling the writing muse strike me as of late, so who am I to fight it? That said I do have plans (of course) to keep on with some more stories of Vega. This was the set up for somethings that were done in a solo game his player had wanted to run that I mentioned a lllooooonnnnggggggg time ago in my thread in Roll Call.

In true hack fashion I present some of the following for your consideration.
DIE WARMBLOOD! The being half yelled, half roared at him. Clearly this was something it expected to scare him. Too bad he'd dealt with worse looking things and he had to almsot hide a small smirk.

"Really? That's yer statement that's gonna get me ta give up beating on ya?" He shook his head, almost disapointed. "Not good enough." With that crimson energy filled his eyes.
As he watched the sand swirl around, eventually taking the shape of a very attractive and strongly built looking woman, Vega let out a low whistle. "Wow.....ya know, you remind me of a buddy of mine I ain't seen in a while now. 'Course you're a lot hotter looking."
"DIE THUNDER!" The man screamed as a lightning bolt lanced out from the clouds he'd summoned.

It streaked through the air, heading for it's downed target until it was intercepted by a crimson beam of energy. The resulting clash caused both energies to instantly disapate into the air around them. "An I thought Count Drazer was creep. " Vega said as he flew within speaking range of the man who was still afraid enough of his foe to attack at range. "But you, well you're just an horse's backside ain't ya?"

-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:07 pm

Tattooedman wrote:

Right....

I tried to take a break--really, I did--but that just didn't work out. As much as I would have enjoyed to get a little bit of work done on Illuminati, Oubliette County or any number of other writing projects I'm juggling, I've found myself tirelessly working on the next book. Come 2010, I'll be posting a few chapters to make up for a little time off...
Though I have to admit I've been feeling the writing muse strike me as of late, so who am I to fight it? That said I do have plans (of course) to keep on with some more stories of Vega. This was the set up for somethings that were done in a solo game his player had wanted to run that I mentioned a lllooooonnnnggggggg time ago in my thread in Roll Call.

In true hack fashion I present some of the following for your consideration.
DIE WARMBLOOD! The being half yelled, half roared at him. Clearly this was something it expected to scare him. Too bad he'd dealt with worse looking things and he had to almsot hide a small smirk.

"Really? That's yer statement that's gonna get me ta give up beating on ya?" He shook his head, almost disapointed. "Not good enough." With that crimson energy filled his eyes.
As he watched the sand swirl around, eventually taking the shape of a very attractive and strongly built looking woman, Vega let out a low whistle. "Wow.....ya know, you remind me of a buddy of mine I ain't seen in a while now. 'Course you're a lot hotter looking."
"DIE THUNDER!" The man screamed as a lightning bolt lanced out from the clouds he'd summoned.

It streaked through the air, heading for it's downed target until it was intercepted by a crimson beam of energy. The resulting clash caused both energies to instantly disapate into the air around them. "An I thought Count Drazer was creep. " Vega said as he flew within speaking range of the man who was still afraid enough of his foe to attack at range. "But you, well you're just an horse's backside ain't ya?"
Always a good thing. Story Hour needs more life. It's been great to watch some of the new stories cropping up (and it's always awesome to see old stories continue!)

Tattooedman
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Tattooedman » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am

Michuru81 wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:

Right....

I tried to take a break--really, I did--but that just didn't work out. As much as I would have enjoyed to get a little bit of work done on Illuminati, Oubliette County or any number of other writing projects I'm juggling, I've found myself tirelessly working on the next book. Come 2010, I'll be posting a few chapters to make up for a little time off...
Cool, that now means I can go back to my usual distractions for not working on Alliance stories instead of trying to come up with new ones. :wink:

-- Chiun

Michuru81
Cosmic Scion
Cosmic Scion

Post by Michuru81 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:23 am

Tattooedman wrote:
Michuru81 wrote:
Tattooedman wrote:Did you forget that you've been "taking a break til after the New Year"?
Cool, that now means I can go back to my usual distractions for not working on Alliance stories instead of trying to come up with new ones. :wink:
Yeah, that's not an option. Get to work.