Halt Evil Doer!: M&M Gone Wrong (Crisis part 1!)

This is the place to recount your superheroic deeds for all to gaze upon with astonishment and wonder.
SLC
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SLC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:53 am

Definitely worth the wait.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Wow. I still say you should make a Cartoon out of these stories. "The Simpsons of Superheros!" Can't you see the posters?
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Sorry I took so long.

Oddly enough I was completing a novel.

Sadly not an HED one but still humorous :-)

Yeah, I was really surprised that American Steel's character kamikazied himself. It actually was kinda heart rending. The character had been with us for thirteen adventures.

Nevertheless, the Patriots had a good run.

Predatorpt
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Predatorpt » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:42 pm

Thanks for sharing with us this great (and epic) ending. It was worth the wait!

I just hope that HED doesn't take long to be published :wink:

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:16 am

I concur.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:54 am

If you have to go out as a hero, go out with a bang. As others have said that was an epic ending to this group of heroes adventures. Great job from you and your players, Charles. 8)

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 pm

OOC:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... ers_id=736

Hey folks, the Halt Evil Doer manuscript is now available at RPGNow! I've been run especially ragged trying to get everything up and ready for its release but I'm glad to see that it's finally up. I think all of you fans of this series helped make this possible.

*bows*

I hope you'll pick up a copy.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:38 am

I'm sure I shall, but you're proabably bored of hearing me say that.

I have read the preview on RPGNow.com though. It looks good. A few quibbles, but nothing too major.

Ares
Hero
Hero

Postby Ares » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Charles Phipps wrote:The characters were thus face to face with Nazi Divinos, which I thought to be quite cool until some people pointed out some flaws. The fact that I described him as being unarmored for instance would come back to haunt me.

American steel's Player: Uh huh, that means that they must dealt with his vulnerability to Annihilation Zone material?

Note: Me not wanting to deal with the a Divinos without his weakness when he broke free of the conditioning....

Me: No, but Orkus successfully managed to reverse it.

American Steel's Player: So, he's vulnerable to regular material?

Me: Oh crap.

Yes, the player characters were already Nazi Divinos' weakness. That sort of undercut the threat before it began. Nevertheless, out of respect, they let Nazi Divinos get off one of his rants.

Hi. A little late for the party, but I've been reading through this thread and loving every second of it. In any case, not to be a backseat GM or Hindsight Lad, but it did occur to me you could have gone with "The energies Orkus uses to control Divinos renders him immune to the effects of the dimension", not only leaving him a dangerous foe but leaving the characters in the situation of knowing that if they free Divinos from Orkus' control, he'd essentially wake up to a universe full of Kryptonite.

SilvercatMoonpaw
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby SilvercatMoonpaw » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:45 am

Ares wrote:Hi. A little late for the party, but I've been reading through this thread and loving every second of it. In any case, not to be a backseat GM or Hindsight Lad, but it did occur to me you could have gone with "The energies Orkus uses to control Divinos renders him immune to the effects of the dimension", not only leaving him a dangerous foe but leaving the characters in the situation of knowing that if they free Divinos from Orkus' control, he'd essentially wake up to a universe full of Kryptonite.

Knowing how Charles's games go it's a lot more appropriate to have the universe screw up. :P

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:54 am

Aaaaah this thread brings back a lot of Good Memories. I tell you that if I ever get the chance to do a HED! limited series (cartoon or comic book) I'm going to use these tales as a base - a very loose basis, but still. . .

Return to “M&M Story Hour”