Getting Logged Off

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Getting Logged Off

Post by The Shadow » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:11 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this seems closest.

I don't know what it is, but all of a sudden the Atomic Think Tank keeps logging me off. Sometimes right after I get done logging IN! (Very frustrating, that.)
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Brainbot
Zealot
Zealot

Post by Brainbot » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:56 pm

Keep at it; goto profile if you have to.
Post signing is for dweebs and lesser dorks.

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Post by The Shadow » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:54 pm

Um, I don't know what you're talking about, or why you, a non-moderator, are saying this to me.
"All right, I am not the Shadow. You have nothing at all to worry about. Except, oh, wait, I'm pointing a gun at you."

--The Shadow

Piratecat
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Post by Piratecat » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 am

I'm not a mod here either, obviously, but I have a suggestion. Shadow, have you tried deleting your Atomic Think Tank cookie? If the cookie has gotten corrupted, that might be behind the weird behavior.

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SassyRonin » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 am

Piratecat wrote:I'm not a mod here either, obviously, but I have a suggestion. Shadow, have you tried deleting your Atomic Think Tank cookie? If the cookie has gotten corrupted, that might be behind the weird behavior.
Sorry I didn't see this until now. I second Piratecat's suggestion.

In case you (or anyone else needing help with this) aren't sure how to delete a cookie or which one to delete:

If you use Internet Explorer in Windows, locate your cookies directory, then find the one called
[your name]@mutantsandmasterminds.txt
and delete it.

If you use Firefox in Windows, click on Tools -> Options -> Privacy, then expand the Cookies section and click View Cookies. Find the one from mutantsandmasterminds.com named phpbb2mysql_data, highlight it, and click Remove Cookie.

If you use another browser and/or operating system and aren't sure where your cookies are, let me know and I'll track the information down.

Hopefully upon returning to the Atomic Think Tank and logging in again you'll stay logged in. If it doesn't work post in here again and we'll keep trying to figure it out. If this works for you I'll try to write up steps for cookie deletion in the major browsers in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux and post it as a sticky thread.

-Evan

The Shadow
Luminary
Luminary

Post by The Shadow » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:31 pm

I dunno about this - it happens on several different computers.

And unfortunately, since I get on through a public-access computer lab, I can't do anything to the cookie. :(

--The Shadow

mactavish
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mactavish » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:24 pm

Switch to Firefox. That has avoided all of the IE6 pratfalls with logins and such on my end.

mactavish out.