How about a "Game Support" forum

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
rando1000
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

How about a "Game Support" forum

Postby rando1000 » Wed May 19, 2010 6:14 am

I currently have a thread posted in the Game Room, but truth be told, it doesn't really belong there. It's for my players to ask questions about and learn more about the game world of my Chat based campaign. I looked for a good place to put this, and "Game Room" seemed the closest. A separate forum for people who aren't actually doing PbP but still want to post info about their game might be a good thing.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: How about a "Game Support" forum

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 19, 2010 6:31 am

Honestly, this sort of thing usually shows up in the Settings thread. Most people there are building more or less independently of a game, or for their offline games, but it is indeed a place where questions are asked and answers are posted. It also means that you're free to natter on as much as you want about fiddly details of the world.

Or are you asking more along the lines of people posting "Hey, since he has a defense of 18, shouldn't my last attack have hit?"

rando1000
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby rando1000 » Wed May 19, 2010 7:34 am

FuzzyBoots wrote:Honestly, this sort of thing usually shows up in the Settings thread. Most people there are building more or less independently of a game, or for their offline games, but it is indeed a place where questions are asked and answers are posted. It also means that you're free to natter on as much as you want about fiddly details of the world.

Or are you asking more along the lines of people posting "Hey, since he has a defense of 18, shouldn't my last attack have hit?"

No, pretty much questions on character generation, how the world works, etc. Any "does my attack hit" questions will be done in the chat.

FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby FuzzyBoots » Wed May 19, 2010 7:47 am

{nods} In which case, the Settings forums may very well be what you're looking for. Personally, I have no problem with recruitment threads in the Game Room for games elsewhere, although I know others are less sanguine about it, because they only really exist for a short while when characters are being submitted and then fade away. Here, it looks like these are the kinds of questions that flesh out a world, things like "Does Midnight Rider have a grandson who carries on his legacy?" or "Whatever happened to the Cerulean Savager?" which fit nicely for fleshing out the campaign.

Overall, posts in the Game Room for games not being held there are kind of like someone walking into a bar to take a phone call. If they're just ducking in take the call (set up the game to be run somewhere else), it's a bit of a distraction, but it's a temporary thing. If they come in day after day to run business without buying a drink or joining in the karaoke, it rankles a bit more. Does that make any sense? :) I'm known to pick some fairly opaque metaphors.

Return to “Suggestion Box”