Split Game Room into 2?

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Marshal Law
Superhero
Superhero

Split Game Room into 2?

Postby Marshal Law » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 am

Would it be worth splitting the game room into 2 areas, one for recruiting posts and one for the actual games?
HAWK-Girl: Init +9; Melee: +8/+8; Def: +8 (Ff +2); Saves T/F/R/W +8/+5/+5/+5

roguescribner
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Split Game Room into 2?

Postby roguescribner » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 am

As long as the various threads are clearly identified, I don't see it as being necessary. Any game threads will update without issue because people have a reason to search them out. Recruitment threads can be reupped on occasion and if there's interest it'll get by without issue; if there's no interest then it should sink to the bottom of the list.
GM - Age of Heroes Chapter 2
Sarvak - The Injustice Gang

Marshal Law
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Marshal Law » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 am

I have observed, though, that if the current games and their OOC threads are very active, the recruiting threads can easily be pushed down out of sight before anyone has a chance to reply.

If there are 15 active games, each with an equally active OOC thread, and all of these get a reply before the recruitment post does, then the recruiting post gets pushed onto the 2nd page before anyone has seen it.

Is it *necessary* to make the split? Of course not. Would it be helpful? Yes - especially if more games become- and stay - active.
HAWK-Girl: Init +9; Melee: +8/+8; Def: +8 (Ff +2); Saves T/F/R/W +8/+5/+5/+5

3vilCipher
Bystander
Bystander

Postby 3vilCipher » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 pm

I agree with a lot of what has been said already.

The Game room seems to be one of the more active threads here, [Interest Check] Threads can somewhat easily be clustered and lost among all the already active [OOC] and [IC] threads. Many threads are not even labeled and it makes finding what your looking for more difficult for new people, such as myself, to find what she/he is looking for.
I'd take it a step further and split the Game Room into:

In Character.
this is where you and your players role play your games.

Interest Checks.
Have an idea for a game? post it here to find players or even a GM.

Out of Character.

Game set? good, but now you need somewhere to filter all the out of character jabber, questions, and information. do that here.

userpay
Bystander
Bystander

Postby userpay » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:12 pm

I'd like to see this happen as well. While I'm relatively new to this site right off the bat the IC, OOC, and recruiting threads all jumbled together doesn't look very appealing. I'd also have to echo what Marshal Law said as I've seen similar things happen on other sites many times.

jemal
Hero
Hero

Postby jemal » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:33 pm

I think the recruiting/ooc/interest threads could all be put into an "OOC" forum, and have the actual games in an "IC" forum, keeps it cleaner, and the faster-moving stuff doesn't push the new or slower recruiting threads off the first page.
Out of sight out of mind, and all that..

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:27 pm

3vilCipher wrote:Interest Checks.
Have an idea for a game? post it here to find players or even a GM.

Out of Character.

Game set? good, but now you need somewhere to filter all the out of character jabber, questions, and information. do that here.

Interest is a relatively recent phenomenon. People used to pitch an idea and recruit at the same time.

Most Interest threads go the route of Interest, Recruitment, OOC so dividing that one is actually making more work for most people trying to run a game in that they have to open another thread by default. Some people do (which is a boon to people who check with their sticky lists). But most just rename their thread to Recruiting or OOC.

Besides, there's this guy, he make a conscious effort to keep a master game list. I actually hear he's pretty good looking to boot. :P

Return to “Suggestion Box”