What about a Living M&M game

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
SAbel
Bystander
Bystander

What about a Living M&M game

Postby SAbel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:37 pm

I was driving home and talking with a very close friend of my when we starting saying :idea: how cool would it be to have a M&M living game, there is Pathfinder (PIAZO), Living Forgotten Realms, Living Star Wars, Living Grey Hawk (WOtC) and I am sure others but, we think that it would be just as big of a draw to have "Living" or something for M&M players. :D
Let me know what you all think?

anji_kenshin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Postby anji_kenshin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:47 am

I'm not sure what this is, could you tell us more?
Check out my Character Thread
Join my Create-a-Contest

ClassDunce
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby ClassDunce » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:51 am

I think He's talking about a LARP, Live Action Role Play.

I honestly would have no clue how you would set up a Super hero LARP. I have the book for the L5R LARP (It was a gift...).

SAbel
Bystander
Bystander

Postby SAbel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm

It RPG systems that make play open to characters and runs events based on compatibility. The main idea is that it is an organized system, for tracking characters and creating a larger play community than just private groups. The base behind the system is that people can play events anywhere and mix with other players in a more efficient manner. This could lead to organized events to be held at various locations with multiply players. It is a way to track your characters progression through these events and create a larger gaming community that is organized and all using the same guiding principals. Many systems have similar organizations but the RGPA would be the oldest and probably best example of what this could be.

I would think that using the existing setting for M&M then a call for adventures to be sanctioned and run by this independent group, after organization of the group happens. The best result would be to have M&M played more often and at larger venues (gaming Cons ect.) a broad tournament style of games could be run.

Possible special could be that players created characters are used for the best of Freedom City Hero supplement or more adventure material is posted for players to enjoy. The systems help with tracking your player/ character progress by the events you participate in and allow a reward system of merit or ranking based of the participation in these events.

This is not a call for LARPing, if I wanted to do that I would just keep going out late at night and fight crime in the downtown streets, like always!
:twisted:

Captain Midnight
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Captain Midnight » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:00 pm

I like this idea-- I think M&M is a great system (obviously) and building a sustainable community of followers at cons and game days would really increase the game's popularity. Great idea! How do we make it happen?
Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Gandhi

Return to “Suggestion Box”