Ground Control to Green Ronin...

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ground Control to Green Ronin...

Postby Black Mamba » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:48 am

Come in Green Ronin. Are you out there? :)

It has been nearly seven weeks and no new Super-Vision updates. It has been four weeks and the maps which were supposed to go on the online store after Gen Con still have not gone up; and still no sign of the promised updated errata to help us cope with the UP changes. It has been two weeks since the Freelancer book information was supposed to end - with an assumed poll to come out. My FLGS has had Ultimate Power on the shelf for nearly a week but still no sign of it in the online store. Things seem to be very quiet from the company, and quiet always makes me worry - last time they were quiet they sprung 2E on us. :)

We need some periodic reassurances that the sky is not falling. :)
Last edited by Black Mamba on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Bretbo
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Bretbo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:09 am

Jeez, Mamba, next thing you know you'll want is exact release dates for future products. :P

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Re: Grown Control to Green Ronin...

Postby Kit » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:54 pm

Black Mamba wrote:We need some periodic reassurances that the sky is not falling. :)

Or, you could assume the sky is NOT falling until you hear otherwise.

The GR crew is busy. Be patient.
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Black Mamba » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 am

Kit wrote:Or, you could assume the sky is NOT falling until you hear otherwise.

I do not know how long you have been around this industry by my experiences is that when a company misses several established deadlines that there is usually something going on. I pimp for M&M on a lot of forums - some of them in hostile territories. Sometimes I like to know my pimping is not in vain. :)

The GR crew is busy. Be patient.

I tell you a secret Kit: we are all busy people living busy lives. Never assume otherwise. And I would have thought waiting 4+ weeks before saying anything was being patient. Thanks for the advice though.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Kit » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:47 am

Black Mamba wrote:
Kit wrote:Or, you could assume the sky is NOT falling until you hear otherwise.

I do not know how long you have been around this industry by my experiences is that when a company misses several established deadlines that there is usually something going on.

The examples you cited are NOT deadlines. We're not talking about a company failing to release products on time. No. Writing and posting free Super-Vision articles, compiling and posting errata, making extra things available-those arent "deadlines" to be missed. Those are things done when the schedule permits. When the company is busy, as it is right now, those things are backburnered. A "delay" does not mean the sky is falling. Its really that simple.

Black Mamba wrote:
Kit wrote:The GR crew is busy. Be patient.

I tell you a secret Kit: we are all busy people living busy lives. Never assume otherwise. And I would have thought waiting 4+ weeks before saying anything was being patient. Thanks for the advice though.

Yes, people are busy. That's why one should be patient.
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,

And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Bretbo
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Bretbo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:29 am

Well, if I can take a guess, I'd say that: 1) Steve has been away from a computer for the past week and as the "main man" for MnM, well things are going to be slow on the Super Vision front. 2) Green Ronin is also busy publishing True20 material (which, again, Steve is highly involved in) and they are no doubt dividing their forces to produce two very popular games. I mean we do have Chris on here talking about Time of Vengence and Scott talking about Agents of Freedom, so were are getting feedback; just maybe not at the speed of everyone's liking.

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:56 am

Perhaps it's time for Steve to invest in some ranks of Anatomic Separation then? :wink:

SLC
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SLC » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:11 pm

... Or for Steve to finalise the deal he was doing with Overshadow for a cloning tank :lol:
(as discussed on another thread)

... Or some ranks in Superspeed so he can write faster :wink:

On a more serious note, I wouldn't like a repeat of a experience I had with another RPG company who, in response to a similar query I sent to them, laughed at me and explained all the things that were going on at the company. Their next communication was a press statement a month later, saying they were closing down and passing on their products to another company...

Steve Kenson
Mastermind

Postby Steve Kenson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm

Fear not, folks, updates are coming. The convention season, followed by my much-needed time off, has just slowed a few things down.
Steve Kenson - steve@greenronin.com
Green Ronin Publishing

goodtremere
Paragon
Paragon

Postby goodtremere » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:20 pm

Steve Kenson wrote:Fear not, folks, updates are coming. The convention season, followed by my much-needed time off, has just slowed a few things down.

Time off? The great mastermind needs his rest and relaxation, so everyone just back off! :wink:
@goodtremere on Champions online
Former Special Secretary For Nocturnal Liquidation and ATT LinkMaster
:( :cry: Weak in Search Fu :cry: :(
MM&M

Return to “Suggestion Box”