M&M Limited Edition Sourcebook - a suggestion

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Apollo
Bystander
Bystander

M&M Limited Edition Sourcebook - a suggestion

Postby Apollo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 am

As stated on Green Ronin's front page, and in the Fundraiser thread in General M&M, we'll have the chance to preorder a limited edition sourcebook, which will be shipped to us for the cost of $40 plus shipping.

I have a problem with this.

Let me be clear: I have no problem shelling out $40 to help the company or support the line. Up until now, however, all of my purchases have been on .pdf. I don't own any physical copies of the 2e rules, and the only 1e book I intend to purchase is Time of Crisis.

I only use .pdf files for a number of reasons - expediency, convenience, carrying the stuff on my laptop - which don't really need to be elaborated on here. A physical book would inconvienence me, and if I need to use if for a session, I'll have to bring it along. Again, not a tremendous problem, but an annoyance nonetheless.

I don't know how much Green Ronin looks at other companies, but recently, Guardians of Order put out A Game of Thrones. The book had a long release cycle, and a delay at the printer's set the schedule of the book back several months. As a reward, GoO gave everyone who had preordered the book a coupon to download the book for free at DriveThruRPG. The coupon was e-mailed to the e-address the customers used to place the order. I would like to suggest a similar arrangement with RPGNow regarding this title.

This isn't a particularly radical suggestion. I know of a few indie publishers (notably, Wicked Dead) who do the same thing. I have no problem getting a physical book so long as I can also put the file on my laptop.

I honestly have no idea of the logistics behind such a suggestion, but that's why I'm making the suggestion early on. I still plan on purchasing the limited edition sourcebook, sight unseen.

-Apollo

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Trapster » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:47 am

Sorry, I'm against a .PDF of the limitied print run items. It automaticly becomes not very limited if digital copies can be made. 8)

I think that whatever KOOL STUFF is created for the book could become a regular Item when M&M goes into a new edition in several years. So anyone who wants to save trees can wait for that.
Instant gradification is over rated. :lol:

Der Rote Baron
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Der Rote Baron » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:19 pm

An extra pdf. is cool with me - only pdf. is not. No sir, no money from the baron.

But does anyone know where the poll is for the special edition? Can't find it.

Anyhow - suggestion for the limited edition source book: What about a sourcebook on Freedom City in the 30s to 50s as an addition to the old Noir and the much anticipated Golden Age?

And if that's not your cup of tea then give me some fine adventures - like a collection of 12 monthly themed modules or - even better a ready-to-run-campaign set in Freedom City (like Savage Worlds Neccessary Evil or the old Hudson City Blues). That would rock too.
"Oh no! It's Der Rote Baron on six o'clock!DIVEDIVEDIVE!" - "Too late, Entente Scum! [MEEEEEEEEEEEEEBUDABUDABUDABOOOM!] - MUhaHAhaHAha!"

Liryel
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Liryel » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:13 pm

They haven't started the poll yet.

Anemone
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Anemone » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:16 am

I'd be interested in places, background, adventures, alternate settings, resources for alternate power levels (e.g., a SHIELD/Stormwatch-level game where most characters are "normals" with good training and advanced equipment), Noir material, etc. What I'm not interested in: collections of NPCs, and long history or timeline.

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:22 am

Der Rote Baron wrote:
But does anyone know where the poll is for the special edition? Can't find it.

We haven't started polling yet. The fundraiser was only announced five days ago. We will be having some discussions about what the product should be, never fear. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves about it until we start officially polling.
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

The Trapster
Luminary
Luminary

Postby The Trapster » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:01 am

Return to “Suggestion Box”