We need REALLY cool contests!

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Virgo
Bystander
Bystander

We need REALLY cool contests!

Postby Virgo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:22 pm

Contests! More contests! I mean everyone likes to participate right? cool prizes, freaky input! What more do fun loving heroes and heroines need? Yup - Green Ronin M&M contests could make the world a little more perfect.

So where do I sign up?

Virgo :D

p.s the wizards of the coast even do it

Gaea
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Postby Gaea » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:11 am

Maybe once a month, someone could win the PDF of their dreams...
Dr. Of Geriatric Medicine, Pie, Evil Plots and The Consort of SIM!
J.U.D.G.E.

Possible Grandmother of El Humidor?

Silverback
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Silverback » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:28 am

Gaea wrote:Maybe once a month, someone could win the PDF of their dreams...

Once per quarter would be more than enough I reckon. Make it so that there's first, second, and third prizes with possibly x number of runners up.

Show me the monkey!

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Postby EL » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:55 pm

actually I liked the contest that GR ran before where the winner (Ghostman76 if I remember right) got to have his name mentioned as a character in a book. I like that alot better, and it is possible it would increase sales (I know if I had won I'd have multiple copies of the book) and on top of all that it wouldn't really add much to your cost.
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

Edymnion
Hero
Hero

Postby Edymnion » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:49 pm

I'd suggest doing something similar to what WotC does over on their boards.

Once per year, they have "UnCon" the "Unconventional Convention".
Basically, its a totally online convention that makes use of their message boards and chat rooms. They host a dungeon dive D&D game in the chatrooms, they have contests like "Make the best Monster" or "Make the most original magic item" in the differant boards, and whoever wins the contest gets a free copy of one of the books thats laying around the office (I got Ghostwalk and the Draconomicon that way).

It would be very easy for Green Ronin to do this, easier than it is for WotC, as you could simply offer downloads for the books as prizes instead of having to ship free hardcopies.

The contests generally spend a week accepting submissions (that were made specially for the contest, no re-using stuff you've already made), then the mods pick the top 10 or so entries, makes a poll, and they spend a few days letting the boards members vote on which one they think is the best. End of the voting, whoever has the most votes wins the book.

They also offer smaller prizes that don't work here, like custom avatars, as they don't allow you to upload your own, or custom titles (which could work here).

Its a big event over there, usually in early/mid September, and people wait for it all year long.

I've run a couple of the contests over there the past few years, I'd be happy to help organize them here if you wanted.
Roleplay Online - Best PbP site on the net.
"But he that sows lies in the end shall not lack of a harvest, and soon he may rest from toil indeed while others reap and sow in his stead."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:38 am

So I'd like to reiterate that this stuff would be cool. I'm sure many of us are still interested in it. We all know how busy Green Ronin gets so if you need volunteers look no further.

goodtremere
Paragon
Paragon

Postby goodtremere » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:12 pm

EL wrote:So I'd like to reiterate that this stuff would be cool. I'm sure many of us are still interested in it. We all know how busy Green Ronin gets so if you need volunteers look no further.

Ditto. Except the volunteers part for me.
@goodtremere on Champions online
Former Special Secretary For Nocturnal Liquidation and ATT LinkMaster
:( :cry: Weak in Search Fu :cry: :(
MM&M

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:40 pm

goodtremere wrote:
EL wrote:So I'd like to reiterate that this stuff would be cool. I'm sure many of us are still interested in it. We all know how busy Green Ronin gets so if you need volunteers look no further.

Ditto. Except the volunteers part for me.

LOL goodtremere.

We're beginning the annual Green Ronin Summit tomorrow, so I've added "cool contests that don't involve goodtremere volunteering" to the agenda. ;)

Because of the summit you can pretty much assume that everyone on the GR staff is going to be offline and away from the boards and e-mail until the middle of next week, so thanks in advance for having patience with us.
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

goodtremere
Paragon
Paragon

Postby goodtremere » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Nikchick wrote:We're beginning the annual Green Ronin Summit tomorrow, so I've added "cool contests that don't involve goodtremere volunteering" to the agenda. ;)

Woot. :D
@goodtremere on Champions online
Former Special Secretary For Nocturnal Liquidation and ATT LinkMaster
:( :cry: Weak in Search Fu :cry: :(
MM&M

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:37 am

goodtremere wrote:
Nikchick wrote:We're beginning the annual Green Ronin Summit tomorrow, so I've added "cool contests that don't involve goodtremere volunteering" to the agenda. ;)

Woot. :D

Double woot. :D (and to clarify by look no further I meant the boards not me imparticular, in fact I think someone volunteered a few posts back, I'm assuming volunteers wouldn't be able to participate hence my lack of volunteering)

Return to “Suggestion Box”