Ignore Function?

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Ignore Function?

Post by Black Mamba » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:38 pm

Does the Forum software have an Ignore function? I searched for one but I am unable to find it. If one does exist then I would appreciate it being turned on so that I can use it. Participation on these Forums is beginning to become a chore rather then a joyful occurrence. An Ignore Function might help curb that feeling for many people.
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Re: Ignore Function?

Post by Nikchick » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:47 pm

Black Mamba wrote:Does the Forum software have an Ignore function? I searched for one but I am unable to find it. If one does exist then I would appreciate it being turned on so that I can use it. Participation on these Forums is beginning to become a chore rather then a joyful occurrence. An Ignore Function might help curb that feeling for many people.
The request has come up before, but I believe all "Ignore List" options are third party mods that Evan has been reluctant to install because it makes our boards vulnerable to hackers and script kiddies. Since we've had a lot of trouble with that kind of thing in the past (though not for a while now, knock wood), we've been reluctant to open up any potential security holes.

I'm sure if there's a way to do it that meets SassyRonin's security requirements we'll do it. :)
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

Black Mamba
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Post by Black Mamba » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:07 pm

Thanks. :)
In this world of armchair bloggers, who've created a generation of critics instead of leaders, I'm actually doing something. Right here. Right now; for the city. For my country" - Oliver Queen, Smallville

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Post by EL » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 am

Whats an ignore function?
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SassyRonin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:35 am

EL wrote:Whats an ignore function?
These are features of some forum system that allow you to designate other users whose posts you don't want to read. Then their posts either don't appear for you or automatically show up as read--I'm not sure which. There's still not an ignore mod officially released for phpBB, though, and until there is we're all going to have to ignore people without technological assistance.

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Post by EL » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:36 pm

SassyRonin wrote:
EL wrote:Whats an ignore function?
These are features of some forum system that allow you to designate other users whose posts you don't want to read. Then their posts either don't appear for you or automatically show up as read--I'm not sure which. There's still not an ignore mod officially released for phpBB, though, and until there is we're all going to have to ignore people without technological assistance.
Well I think its important to note that ignoring people without technological assistance is something you only get better at with practice. I'm just going to keep practicing.

thanks for the quick definition help. :D
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester