Play By Post

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
Sketchpad
Zealot
Zealot

Play By Post

Postby Sketchpad » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:17 pm

Hiya Gang ... any chance that there could be game boards added to the Think Tank? I'd love to see something like www.herocentral.net for M&M :D

Bizarro
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bizarro » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:24 am

I second this.

In fact, I'd run the first game! think about it, we've got a whole player locator board with so many people on it from around the world. Giantitp.com has one, and that really attracts a lot of gamers. For M&M, with such a broad range of locations, this would bring folks together more easily.

hypothetically we could just start posting a game in the player locator board, really. Or someplace else.

so Boardmaster(s), what say you? WHAT SAY YOU?!
I don't post much for one simple reason: I find it hard to press buttons that say "submit". Never give up, never surrender!

mortarion
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby mortarion » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:46 am

I third it, that would be a cool thing to have
J.U.D.G.E Official Liason to England and the United Kingdom/Master Of The Mystic Arts
I'm not exactly sure what happened. Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!

Psistrike
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Psistrike » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:05 am

This is a good idea and could help out people who are new to the game get used to the rules and game mechanics. Although with so many people with so many potential ideas, they would need a sub-forum for each campaign/game being run. Otherwise it would become cluttered too quickly.

One section just for running fights with your characters and/or ones from the Roll Call forum would be a good idea. Already have some great fights in existing threads in the RC forum.

Nikchick
Mean Ronin
Mean Ronin

Postby Nikchick » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:57 am

SassyRonin is currently hip deep in putting together the True20 website and boards we're going to be launching, and after that I've asked him if he could do amajore revamp of the Green Ronin main site (which hasn't been significantly revamped since its launch back in, eesh, 2000). It might be a little while before he can get to anything here, especially if it needs any significant monitoring.

I will let him know about the requests, though.

Nicole
Nicole Lindroos
Green Ronin Publishing
www.greenronin.com
www.mutantsandmasterminds.com

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Postby EL » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:48 am

Thanks...

In the meantime could we hijack a the player locator to do a play by post?

Pleeeeeeeeeeasssssse...
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

SassyRonin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SassyRonin » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:50 pm

EL wrote:Thanks...

Pleeeeeeeeeeasssssse...

I made my Will Save and didn't click over to see the pleading watery-eyed gato. I am aware that you guys would like a play-by-post system set up, and have mentally filed it under "For Further Review."

I would like to request you guys not hijack the player locator for this purpose. The database has already swollen to a most impressive size since the ATT got its own site, and I'd rather not try to see just how much stress it can take at the moment, since I have so many other things going on.

Thanks for being patient...

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Postby EL » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 am

SassyRonin wrote:
I made my Will Save and didn't click over to see the pleading watery-eyed gato. I am aware that you guys would like a play-by-post system set up, and have mentally filed it under "For Further Review."

I would like to request you guys not hijack the player locator for this purpose. The database has already swollen to a most impressive size since the ATT got its own site, and I'd rather not try to see just how much stress it can take at the moment, since I have so many other things going on.

Okay doekay. :)
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

Random Alaskendir Xtranj
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Random Alaskendir Xtranj » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:10 pm

SassyRonin wrote:
EL wrote:Thanks...

Pleeeeeeeeeeasssssse...

So it's been a few months, and I don't want to hi-jack anything, but is there any possibility we could start a PbP GM-less campaign here? Not in suggestions, I mean, but on the think-tank boards?

I think I'll try, and if it's not cool you can just delete everything, and we will all understand (I know I will...)
Biggest Brightest Blessings!!!anyway

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Kit » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 pm

[quote="Random Alaskendir Xtranj So it's been a few months, and I don't want to hi-jack anything, but is there any possibility we could start a PbP GM-less campaign here? Not in suggestions, I mean, but on the think-tank boards?

I think I'll try, and if it's not cool you can just delete everything, and we will all understand (I know I will...)
[/quote]

There are no plans for a play by post on this site at this time.
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Edymnion
Hero
Hero

Postby Edymnion » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:09 pm

If you wanna pbp, just use Roleplay Online.
They've got the best pbp system on the internet, and unless the GR guys want to spend a *LOT* of time and money making a better system then RPOL, it wouldn't be worth the effort.
Roleplay Online - Best PbP site on the net.
"But he that sows lies in the end shall not lack of a harvest, and soon he may rest from toil indeed while others reap and sow in his stead."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion

Random Alaskendir Xtranj
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Random Alaskendir Xtranj » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Edymnion wrote:If you wanna pbp, just use Roleplay Online.
They've got the best pbp system on the internet, and unless the GR guys want to spend a *LOT* of time and money making a better system then RPOL, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Thank You!!!
It's been so long since I searched for that kind of thing that I'd given up on it...
Biggest Brightest Blessings!!!anyway

Return to “Suggestion Box”