Player Locator

Tell us what you think of this site, request features, make suggestions, or let us know what you would have done differently. We'll always listen to what you have to say, and sometimes we'll even change things accordingly!
HG
Luminary
Luminary

Player Locator

Post by HG » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:38 pm

Can you please organize the Player Locator by Region (then perhaps by State within that region).

That means take the threads from one region (ie TX, OK, LA, NM) calling it South Central Region and then we can look there, and no that we are looking through posts by players in that region rather than sifting through all of them.

I know there is a search function but it does work that well

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Re: Player Locator

Post by Kit » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:24 pm

HG wrote: I know there is a search function but it does work that well
Hm. Works well enough for me
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

HG
Luminary
Luminary

Post by HG » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:02 pm

Ok I want to know all the players who have posted for Kentucky, Ohio. I have to type in lots of terms and 'AND'.

The request is not unreasonable. It works for Kit, ok fine so what but I think coming and finding your region and then looking up and at least knowing that all the posts in that section are from your area makes it so much simpler to see current and past posts without digging.

Plus I am new to my area and thus someone might want to look for a region they aren't living in and see what might be there.

So the current system works, but in an inefficient and flawed manner. But that is good enough for Kit.

farik
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Location: I'm lost in some distant part of Nebraska, on a ship -- a LIVING ship

Post by farik » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:19 pm

HG wrote:Ok I want to know all the players who have posted for Kentucky, Ohio. I have to type in lots of terms and 'AND'.

The request is not unreasonable. It works for Kit, ok fine so what but I think coming and finding your region and then looking up and at least knowing that all the posts in that section are from your area makes it so much simpler to see current and past posts without digging.

Plus I am new to my area and thus someone might want to look for a region they aren't living in and see what might be there.

So the current system works, but in an inefficient and flawed manner. But that is good enough for Kit.
The real problem is going to be getting players to post in the right region.
One man's hobo booze is another man's fiiiine sippin' wine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't use drawbacks in my game, just complications.