The new Doctor Who [SPOILERS]

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Re: The new Doctor Who [SPOILERS]

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:03 pm

From evereything they are letting get out is daing that due to the fact that Eccleston didn't want to come back for the end of the great time war.... so they are now going to have to shoe-horn the John Hurt doctor between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston. thus making the eleventh doctor (Mat Smith) the twelth doctor.

Matt Smith deciding to leave the role has let alot of people talking about that person being the thirteenth doctor. which could become the Valeyard... it's strange. and no knowing what to do.

Mr Mole wrote:Now you have me trying to remember each regeneration to see where there may be gaps. Okay, I remember several on-screen regenerations off the top of my head. The main one that jumps out at me that wasn't depicted was the Eighth Doctor's (Paul McGann) regeneration into the Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston). Were there any others that weren't depicted? I think I remember most of the rest...

1st (William Hartnell) --> 2nd (Patrick Troughton) ***SORT OF*** 3rd (Jon Pertwee) --> 4th (Tom Baker) --> 5th (Peter Davidson) --> 6th (Colin Baker) --> 7th (Sylvester McCoy) --> 8th (Paul McGann) ***GAP*** 9th (Christopher Eccleston) --> 10th (David Tenant) --> 11th Matt Smith

The transition from the 2nd Doctor to the 3rd Doctor wasn't a typical, on-screen regeneration and there's a gap between the 8th Doctor and the 9th Doctor... But I'm gonna guess that John Hurt is going to be either before the 1st Doctor (as we know him) or between the 8th and 9th Doctors. The oddities between the 2nd and 3rd Doctors don't strike me as significant enough to accommodate an entirely new incarnation of the Doctor.
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)
"Sometimes... success is measured just one little victory at a time."

kenseido
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby kenseido » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:33 pm

I don't think the John Hurt is playing the part that Chris would have played. I think maybe they were planning on all three modern Doctors work together; but Chris didn't want to get involved.
-----------------------------
Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:15 pm

kenseido wrote:I don't think the John Hurt is playing the part that Chris would have played. I think maybe they were planning on all three modern Doctors work together; but Chris didn't want to get involved.

Yup... and that's what's werid about the rewrites of the Doctor's back story. And it's going to be great. because it's doctor who! i just hope that it's going to be something we all will want to watch faithfully!
American Patriot (MSG Nathaniel Hale Spaight, US Army - Ret.), American Meta-Human Super-Soldier (PL10/150pp.)

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:43 am

Has anyone else seen the video from Matt Smith to the fans from the set in Detroit?

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:42 pm

American_Patriot wrote:Has anyone else seen the video from Matt Smith to the fans from the set in Detroit?

I googled it after reading your post. I also read some of what Moffat said about Smith leaving the show. Matt Smith really does seem like a decent guy. I hope things go wonderfully for everyone involved, whatever direction life takes them.

tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby tomorrow » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:32 pm

The New Doctor has been announced... Peter Capaldi.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:02 pm

tomorrow wrote:The New Doctor has been announced... Peter Capaldi.

Being unfamiliar with Capaldi, I checked him out on IMDB. Aptly enough, one of his credits is "W.H.O. Doctor" on "World War Z." :roll:

tomorrow
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby tomorrow » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Interesting that they are going back to an older Doctor. Several folks have been asking for that (even here). Have to wait and see how that pans out though... in terms of ratings and appeal to the non-old school fan-base.

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Beleriphon » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Mr Mole wrote:
tomorrow wrote:The New Doctor has been announced... Peter Capaldi.

Being unfamiliar with Capaldi, I checked him out on IMDB. Aptly enough, one of his credits is "W.H.O. Doctor" on "World War Z." :roll:

He also played the Roman father in the Vesuvius episode of Doctor Who.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm not the most knowledgable Dr. Who fan, but I do know Peter Capaldi is great.

If you haven't watched The Thick of It, now's the time.

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:13 am

The new Doctor should be good news. There may be less running and more intelligence. But we have to hope the writers take this into account. And while we are on wish lists a return to a somewhat normal companion would be nice like Rose.
Dangerous when cute

American_Patriot
Zealot
Zealot

Postby American_Patriot » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 am

Don't look at me like that. You know that you'd be watching it right beside me. And I'd be watching Docpurr Who not just because he'd be cute as hell. And it'd be a wonderful way to get to see rabid fan-girls having brutal knife fights over which one is cuter wearing a fez. Matt Smith, or this little guy!

:D

Jameson
Luminary
Luminary

Postby Jameson » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Forty six and two are just ahead of me.

Read my M&M product reviews here

death tribble
Disciple
Disciple

Postby death tribble » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:19 am

The episodes found are two Patrick Troughton tales. Enemy of the World is now complete and Web of Fear is missing one episode. The former has Troughton playing two roles, the Dr and the evil political leader, while the latter is a UNIT story and has the Yeti wandering around the London Undeground.
Dangerous when cute

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”