Sinners beware!

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
Kraah
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Sinners beware!

Postby Kraah » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:06 pm

Heh, got this funny mail the other day, and thought I'd share it. Reminds me of those old Anti-DnD Chick tracts. Beware parents! Your children may be gothic disciples of SATAN!!!

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick, or nailpolish.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

-Takes drugs.

-Drinks alcohol.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.
This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

-Is excessively awake during the night.

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

-Misbehaves at school.

-Misbehaves at home.

-Eats excessively or too little.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

-Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

-Masturbates

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism,
Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
-Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately. The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center.

~St. Mary's Catholic Church
- Kraah! -
"I'm not evil, I'm morally challenged."

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Kit » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 pm

goth: vegetarian pretending to be a vampire :twisted:
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Webhead
Disciple
Disciple

Postby Webhead » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:07 pm

LOL! Some of this stuff is hilarious! Ok, some of it I can agree is indicative of very bad life choices (self-mutilation or blood drinking for example), but some of this is just silly!

Sleeps too excessively or too little.

Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

Huh?

Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

I don't know about most people but I started hanging out with friends "unaccompanied" since I was 8. :roll:

Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

Yeah...right...

Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.

*ugh*

Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Scientology, Philosophy, Hinduism and Buddhism.

Yeah, there's a big hint that this is probably religious propaganda.

Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

:?

Sheesh! That's all I've got...sheesh!
"You can't stop me! I'm the Fed-Exorcist! I'm like the Magneto of styrofoam!"

witchfire
Zealot
Zealot

Postby witchfire » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:53 pm

it's a joke right?? :shock:

i'm a church going catholic & i do about half the stuff in that list

Heck ! the local priest goes to the movies almost weekly ,
i met him in the teather more than once & the movies were :
gladiator , pirates of the carabeans , hellboy & AvP

he must be in league with the :twisted:
Some people struggle daily
They struggle with their concience
'Til the end
I have no guilt to haunt me
I feel no wrong intent

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:33 pm

Yes. Yes, he is. And you are damned. :twisted:

The one thing I agree with in that list is on keeping your kid away from Scientology. Or, rather, keeping them from joining Scientology -- let the kid research it all he wants, let the kid see that there are Very Disturbed People Out There.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom
Location: a huge, ever-growing, pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

Postby Strict31 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:19 pm

While I try like hell to be tolerant, this is the kind of thing that really pisses me off to no end. At first, I chuckled a great deal when reading this. But then it occured to me that there are people out there who actually believe this. Since I'm a tolerant person, it means I also have a base level tolerance for fools. As such, I can't sit back and fault these people for believing whatever it is they think Catholicism is all about; that's their perogative, I reckon (I never encountered any of this stuff in the catholic schools I attended).

Thing that gets me is them trying to impose their belief system on others.

Of course, humans tend to do shit like that. It's one of the ways we socialize. Unavoidable. But when the dogma is based on such blatant and close-minded ignorance, it always manages to tick me off. Of course, this ain't the first time some bunch of evolutionary reprobates has tried to get other people to fear the "bright shiny ball of wicked fire in the sky". This is just the most recent one to cross my path.

I don't mind some of the faithful (or whoever) going out and preaching the gospel to whoever will listen. That's their business. But this is the equivelent of someone saying "Trying to understand gravity is bad because when you fall you get hurt." Gravity must be the work of the Dark Lord. And understanding it is embracing the Dark Lord's heated buttocks in a frenzy of profane lust.

I could just relax and laugh about it, I suppose, and usually do. But it also makes me afraid that there is a growing element in my own country that swears by ignorance, and imposes its ignorance on others. I don't mind ignorance as such; it can be treated with a small dose of knowledge. But what I hate and fear are ignorant sum-bitches who wallow in their ignorance.

I just hope that people like this really are a laughably absurd minority in the modern enlightened world.

Strictly Speaking

SuentisPo
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby SuentisPo » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:25 pm

Since when is philosophy a religion? I thought it was a branch of the social sciences concerning the analysis of the fundamental parts of society and thought processes. I just looked it up:

"Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline."

Sounds terrible, doesn't it? :roll:
Diplomacy is the art of saying, "Nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:47 pm

Something that might be of interest: Major Religions Ranked by Size (as of Sept 2002).

Oh, something I meant to post a link to earlier -- Jack Chick tracts (in .pdf format).

And to think, I was first exposed to RPG's at Immaculata Catholic School -- they were having a book sale, selling off some of their excess inventory from their library, and I picked up the AD&D 1st Ed. Monster Manual. At first I thought it was just a Big Book o' Monsters, and then I started noticing the stat blocks. At first I tried to cobble together my own game, based on the stats & rules in the MM, but later I picked up some more AD&D books from a local Hungates.
Last edited by Dr Archeville on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom
Location: a huge, ever-growing, pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

Postby Strict31 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:48 pm

SuentisPo wrote:Since when is philosophy a religion? I thought it was a branch of the social sciences concerning the analysis of the fundamental parts of society and thought processes. I just looked it up:

"Love and pursuit of wisdom by intellectual means and moral self-discipline."

Sounds terrible, doesn't it? :roll:

It's much much worse than Janet Jackson's mommy-bag flapping out during the super-bowl. It's decidedly profane. None of that "love" and "wisdom" talk out of you!

Strictly Speaking

coyotegrey
Hireling
Hireling

Postby coyotegrey » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:21 pm

Hmmm...I have a hard time finding items on the list that don't apply....

My favorite part is this:

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism,
Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

They so f'ing wish that Buddhism and Hinduism are cults instead of full religions with more followeres than the big crucified guy.

Ok, my head was hurting before I read this, now my headache is really killing me...going to go lie down now...
Robert Burson

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:05 pm

Hate to break it to ya, but Christianity has more followers than Buddhism & Hinduism combined.

Islam also has more followers than Buddhism & Hinduism combined.

coyotegrey
Hireling
Hireling

Postby coyotegrey » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:24 pm

So what if I'm ignoring South America, I have a license for it.

But seriously, I think adherents.com has their head up their behinds. ;) Language statistics don't support their data (counting India and China as predominantly non-christian).

But it's all a moot point anyways. The rational people are still outnumbered.
:roll:
Robert Burson

Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Postby Strict31 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:42 pm

Ah, screw it. I'm powering up the Impeller.

Strictly Targeting

Scavenger1
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Scavenger1 » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:42 pm

The one that kills me:
having an interst in sex

We are talking about teenagers, right?
Warforge (our resident metal golem): At least the Atom Family doesn't have a mechanical member.
Tornado(NPC being played by Tempus): Well, neither do you!

Drechuin
Bystander
Bystander

Re: Sinners beware!

Postby Drechuin » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:55 pm

Kraah wrote:-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

How can you be homosexual AND bisexual ? :shock:

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”