Justice League: War

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Justice League: War

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Looks like the next animated feature is Justice League: War. And, as some have feared, it is based on the New 52.
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Justice League: War

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Thakowsaizmu wrote:Looks like the next animated feature is Justice League: War. And, as some have feared, it is based on the New 52.

I've already opted out of the animated movies with the Flashpoint one... The movies have got a little shallow leading up to Flashpoint & flashpoint was my flashpoint of no longer caring. An that saves me more money in the long run.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Kit
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Postby Kit » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Interestingly, the next one after this is Batman and Son followed by one based on the Arkham games
You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves.

--Christopher Marlowe, Edward II, Act II, Scene I

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:46 pm

Kit wrote:Interestingly, the next one after this is Batman and Son followed by one based on the Arkham games

Oh, really? That's actually rather disappointing to me. I may actually not be getting some of these titles :(
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:40 am

Kit wrote:Interestingly, the next one after this is Batman and Son followed by one based on the Arkham games

Wait? An Arkham City Game Movie? Really?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

King Snarf
Paragon
Paragon

Postby King Snarf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 am

Can't they just make The Judas Contract already?!? Or a sequel to the Wonder Woman one, that'd be cool too.
Arriba Flight es muy macho!

Visit my blog! http://teentemplars.blogspot.com

Visit my author page!

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 am

Pass.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Thakowsaizmu
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Thakowsaizmu » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm

So, this comes out on the fourth of next month. Who is planning on getting/watching it? As for me, I am pretty sure this'll be the last DC animated movie my household will be purchasing.
♀♥♀
百年如石、一點如漆

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Thakowsaizmu wrote:So, this comes out on the fourth of next month. Who is planning on getting/watching it? As for me, I am pretty sure this'll be the last DC animated movie my household will be purchasing.

Nope. Just looking at the butchered costume design on the cover annoys me beyond all rational thought.
-Isaac Asimov

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Is this the adaptation of Geoff Johns' first New 52 Justice League storyline?

Think I'll probably pass unless I suddenly feel the need to be angry about something. Granted, it probably can't be as bad as the Flashpoint adaptation, and I sat through that nonsense, Wonder Woman killing children and all.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:27 am

Kyle wrote:Granted, it probably can't be as bad as the Flashpoint adaptation

Oh ye have little faith. When you think DC & Marvel cant sink any lower they make us look foolish by proving that they can.
-Isaac Asimov

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 am

Just watched the preview online... And it looks like Flashpoint Paradox all over again... Maybe even worse, if that's actually possible... :|

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:16 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
Kyle wrote:Granted, it probably can't be as bad as the Flashpoint adaptation

Oh ye have little faith. When you think DC & Marvel cant sink any lower they make us look foolish by proving that they can.

It would take a lot for something to be worse than 'Flashpoint Paradox'. To the best of my knowledge, Johns' Justice League has had only a bit of heroes killing one another, and no child murder. So unless the feature strays a ways from the source material, it's already a few points ahead.

Kyle
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Kyle » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Comics Alliance posted this clip today.

Whomever the voice director on this is dropped all the balls when they cast Batman. That is some amateur hour nonsense.

I do, however, love the giant billboard that just reads, "FOOD".

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 am

No Justice LEague War for me, but I am watching DC's Necessary Evil. A cool documentary about DC Villains.
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”