Spider-Man 700 SPOILERS

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Spider-Man 700 SPOILERS

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Batgirl III wrote:Don't take this as a "I never want to see my characters change" rant, I just mean it to point out the silliness of the "fans cannot relate to a married hero" argument.

Indeed it is a silly argument: One none of us here would ever make.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Thorpacolypse
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: Bloomington, IL (Summer home in the dark recesses of the human psyche...)

Postby Thorpacolypse » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I called it!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/official-peter-parker-returns-april-2014-in-amazin/1100-147877/

Just in time for the Amazing Spider-Man 2 as I knew would happen!
Shop J-Mart!

Service with a smilie! :)

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 am

Thorpacolypse wrote:I called it!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/official-peter-parker-returns-april-2014-in-amazin/1100-147877/

Just in time for the Amazing Spider-Man 2 as I knew would happen!

But they promised he was gone forever! I am so disillusioned! /snark

It was a good ride and a far better one than I expected. I can't help but hope that Ock won't be returning to the status quo after this.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 am

The_Watchman wrote:But they promised he was gone forever! I am so disillusioned! /snark

Oh didn't you hear? Peter is returning, with a twist... But don't worry, I'm sorry they'll spoil the twist by the end of January.... February at the very latest.

The_Watchman wrote:It was a good ride and a far better one than I expected.

Its not over yet.

The_Watchman wrote:I can't help but hope that Ock won't be returning to the status quo after this.

I'm hoping for Doctor Octopus in a Spiderman clone body. Oh maybe have him decide to become a vicious vigilante hero, rather than going back to being a super villain.
Last edited by saint_matthew on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 am

Im oddly most curious how they'll handle the issue of Ock's girlfriend in the process. I mean, most of the old Pete Supporting cast, you're gonna have issues, but you're also gonna have Pete come back and be in a relationship with a complete stranger unless she gets discarded prior to the swap.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:15 am

Stormson wrote:Im oddly most curious how they'll handle the issue of Ock's girlfriend in the process. I mean, most of the old Pete Supporting cast, you're gonna have issues, but you're also gonna have Pete come back and be in a relationship with a complete stranger unless she gets discarded prior to the swap.

Hopefully not before the spine-tingling "Aunt May has issues with little people" storyline is concluded. But seriously, I could imagine Anna either dying and being a breaking point for Ock or else learning the truth and either joining him or running away.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Sidious
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Sidious » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm thinking clone the original Doc Ock body, only have it be younger (about Peter's age). Transfer his mind into the clone. Presto, the status quo is maintained and no new changes remain.
Live fast. Love hard. Die with your mask on.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”