S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series by Whedon

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series by Whedon

Postby The_Watchman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:40 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
The_Watchman wrote:You continue to be my favorite cereal urine content tester, Saint :lol: I like the poster and it's nice to see Marvel studios doing some talent crossover with their comics branch (since the posters are done by artists working for Marvel). Maybe next they could get some writers involved...or maybe not. Unless they're going to drive a dumptruck of money up to Greg Rucka's house.

I think the point I was making at stupid-awake o'clock was I'm not impressed with the creation of posters to support a sub-par tv program. Its marvel, they make so many posters already that the creation of new posters for each episode of this show is not at all impressive. Its the safety scissors & glitter because you can't be trusted to do real work with the rest of the class approach.

I got it and I agree. I was just being goofy. It does seem irrelevant to the quality of the show itself. I love title cards ala Batman:TAS and the posters are a bit like that. Though one could also argue that the poster is trying to seem deep and significant while really offering little...which seems like AoS before this last episode actually...
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Monolith wrote:I find this on the forum to be strange too. It seems to me if people don't want spoilers they shouldn't go into thread about the subject. Everyone else shouldn't be penalized for wanting to talk about something already out.

I don't expect anyone to do things the same way I do them. I just hate it when things get spoiled for me (case in point, I never read the Harry Potter novels, but I thought the movies were pretty good...I had it spoiled for me because at the time it was considered funny to be a troll on some other forums and do a post that merely said "Snape kills Dumbledore!" with no context or anything else to say. Just being a dick.) so I try to be considerate to others who may be fans of something but not fully up to date.
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

thaumonuclear
Comrade
Comrade

Postby thaumonuclear » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:58 am

ghostman76 wrote: it was considered funny to be a troll on some other forums and do a post that merely said "Snape kills Dumbledore!" with no context or anything else to say. Just being a dick.) so I try to be considerate to others who may be fans of something but not fully up to date.

That generally happened on forums that had nothing to do with Harry Potter, and you wouldn't expect that to pop up (I remember giving up on slashdot between the release of Deathly Hallows and when I had finished reading it). I've generally stayed away from reading more than a few comments in this thread after a new episode comes out. At this point, anyone reading the thread should see that it's moved beyond just general review "it was better than usual/nice tie in to Winter Soldier" to dancing around plot points. If you haven't seen the episode yet, it's time to stop reading this thread till you have.

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 am

thaumonuclear wrote:At this point, anyone reading the thread should see that it's moved beyond just general review "it was better than usual/nice tie in to Winter Soldier" to dancing around plot points. If you haven't seen the episode yet, it's time to stop reading this thread till you have.

ABC and Marvel certainly don't seem to care about spoilers. All the ads for SHIELD on ABC are giving away the plot points.
"This is all your fault! You shouldn't have taken that cat! You don't teleport into strange metal places and steal pets!"
Builds

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 am

The_Watchman wrote:ABC and Marvel certainly don't seem to care about spoilers. All the ads for SHIELD on ABC are giving away the plot points.

Which makes the above posts aboute spoiler alert and spoiler dancing even funnier to me.

I do agree though, it`s time that if you don`t want spoilers that you should stop reading the thread because the mole was.... 8)

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:16 am

Bladewind wrote:
The_Watchman wrote:ABC and Marvel certainly don't seem to care about spoilers. All the ads for SHIELD on ABC are giving away the plot points.

I do agree though, it`s time that if you don`t want spoilers that you should stop reading the thread because the mole was.... 8)

Salutations Secret Empire
Aloha AIM
Builds

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 am

Ha ! That was spoilerific to anyone with a grasp of aliteraton !

On a serious note, or more serious anyway, I find it interesting that all the talk about overlap between SHIELD and AOS omits what Cap found on the Helicarrier in Avengers...

The episodes themselves might not appeal to some people, and seem lackluster, but the metaplot is actually quite good and worthy of the characters involved (Iron Man, Cap, Fury et al).

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

Let's not drop anything from cap in this thread, cause while I saw AoS, I haven't seen cap yet. (not really surprised at anything shown from it, the previews painted "OMG SHIELD IS EVIL" pretty blatantly.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:12 am

The_Watchman wrote:I got it and I agree. I was just being goofy.

Yeah I get that, sorry if I sound snarky: Still being awake at stupid-awake o'clock due to headache make Matthew very cranky.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

The_Watchman
Mastermind
Mastermind

Postby The_Watchman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:40 am

Stormson wrote:Let's not drop anything from cap in this thread, cause while I saw AoS, I haven't seen cap yet. (not really surprised at anything shown from it, the previews painted "OMG SHIELD IS EVIL" pretty blatantly.

I think that's reasonable. The HYDRA cat is out of the bag but there's still some excellent twists that SHIELD hasn't spoiled. Agents Of SHIELD spoiled the infiltration and I suppose also spoiled that the good guys stop the evil hellicarriers but I don't think "the good guys stop the bad guys' evil plan" really counts as a spoiler for a superhero movie.
Builds

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am

To be clear - I wasn`t referencing Cap at all.

I was referencing the Hydra weapons that Cap found in Avengers.

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Bladewind wrote:To be clear - I wasn`t referencing Cap at all.

I was referencing the Hydra weapons that Cap found in Avengers.

You know...I hadn't considered that, but it's a really good point. I doubt the brain trust behind the MCU are thinking THAT detailed on their future plans, but there is a serious tie there that they could leverage in the storyline. In Avengers, Fury said they were using those Hydra weapons to get themselves on par with all the super powered individuals that were dropping out the sky recently, but perhaps there were some more nefarious people who were supporting the use of HYDRA weapons and technology?

That's cool if they use it.
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

badpenny
Overlord
Overlord

Postby badpenny » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Bladewind
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Bladewind » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 am

Last night they aired last weeks ep followed by a new one.

I had heard that the "proper" viewing order was The Episode 2 weeks ago, Winter Soldier, then this week.
Of course I didn`t do that, and I`m glad.

Seeing the Ep 2 weeks ago, last week's ep, cap and last week`s again was interesting. Gave the show more depth.

That said, last night's new ep fell flat from last week for me. I find Coulson and Co far too trusting. Of each other and of those they encounter. That and SHIELD are idiots. (Reference the Fridge for that last one.)

Shock
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Shock » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 am

Bladewind wrote:That said, last night's new ep fell flat from last week for me. I find Coulson and Co far too trusting. Of each other and of those they encounter. That and SHIELD are idiots. (Reference the Fridge for that last one.)

"Evil will triumph because good is stupid."

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”