[Green] Arrow TV Series

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
hypervirtue
Zealot
Zealot

Re: [Green] Arrow TV Series

Postby hypervirtue » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:41 am

Stormson wrote:
saint_matthew wrote:
hypervirtue wrote:He knows:
1. The vigilante and Ollie have been seen together.

He has? Was this one of those things from season one that I have wiped from my memory.... Along with the rest of season one.

Yes, it's happened at least twice, once to get Ollie out of being initially suspected, and again when Ollie needed his mother questioned. Diggle has worn the hood those 2 times.

Exactly... So if we go on this, and we go on the knowledge that we know that the Detective knows that the Arrow uses a support network, it makes perfect sense for him to assume that Ollie has ties to the Arrow rather than actually is the Arrow.

I mean, seriously, what makes more sense:

A: Rich, irresponsible, immature, billionaire playboy did a complete 180 and became an intelligent, capable, efficient, highly skilled, extremely well trained, combat machine.

B: The Arrow has managed to talk a rich, irresponsible, immature, billionaire playboy into funding his operation.

B just seems far more likely.
One can lift a rock with pure power, but a pure heart can move mountains.

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:30 pm

I agree, I was just clarifying that Oliver and The Hood have been in the same place at the same time more than once.

Jason Langlois
Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast

Postby Jason Langlois » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 am

Renewed for a third season!
Currently reading: Hawkeye, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Fatale

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:51 am

Seriously... Lance has to know (or at least very strongly suspect) Ollie's the vigilante by now... :|

"Hmmm... My long-lost daughter disappeared with Oliver Queen six years ago... He popped back into town just when the vigilante first appeared... And I know his secretary is working with the vigilante... And now my daughter's back in town and she's a kick-a$$ assassin-turned-crimefighter who's working with the vigilante... And my daughter's also now dating Oliver Queen... And I just left the two of them at a party minutes ago, and my daughter shows up at a crime scene in her crimefighter identity and the vigilante is with her... And he's oddly familiar with all sorts of details about Oliver Queen's business... Oh, and he looks exactly like Oliver Queen, only with a hood and a mask and a deeper voice, but with the exact same build, mouth, jaw, facial hair... But I only spent a few years as a police detective, so I'm probably not capable of figuring this one out..." :roll:

C'mon already... Just about everyone who's not a close friend or relative of Oliver Queen already knows he's the vigilante.

On a positive note, I liked that Ollie finally confronted Laurel about her acting like a world class jerk... Although I think it's a bit sleazy of Ollie to wait until he has a new GF (Laurel's sister, no less) before cutting Laurel off... Just sayin'.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:25 pm

I think that was the point of that scene. Laurel finally is starting to turn around, partly due to Oliver, and partly because she's accepting her love of her sister over her long-held grief and new anger.

I like that Oliver went a little too far with what he said. His "go get wasted" was a real low blow, but it also sounded true-people say some really nasty things to people they love/used to love, and unfortunately its part of the ugliness that dealing with addiction brings up. I found that scene really good, but kind of hard to watch.

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Laurel started crying and I screamed "DEAR GOD NO ONE LIKES YOU WILL YOU GO AWAY ALREADY" and wished I had popcorn to throw at the tv.

Wasn't a fan of this particular episode, other than the reveal of why Sara is hanging out with the girl.

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:31 pm

I can't help but smile when Felicity says something cringe-worthy and embarrassing (like her 'your girl' riff this ep), because she sells it so well, and I loved her silly attempt to get in on the scar-discussion, and Sara's comment, 'She's so cute.'

Even the 'NPCs' in this show are sometimes interesting. The Asian dude who was working for Tockman, who was prone to follow directions, wisely kept his mouth shut when the other dude mouthed off and got killed for it, and then, after getting taken down by a bola-arrow, still kept fighting and throwing bullets around, had a pretty good showing for a nameless minion.

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby danelsan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah, Emily Rickards can really sell those awkward moments, which are what makes her character endearing enough that I barely mind Felicity being the vehicle for the "computers are magic" thing that I find annoying in media (though a lot more excusable in a superhero setting).

And I continue to be impressed by Caity Lotz's physique. And I continue to find Green Arrow's endless hypocrisy towards his mother's lying to be amusing.
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:47 pm

danelsan wrote:And I continue to find Green Arrow's endless hypocrisy towards his mother's lying to be amusing.

What you mean the whole "someone bad took advantage of me, it turned to shit & then I had to keep it a secret for the benefit of others" thing.... Yeah I asked Ollie "but what about how you ended up on an island for 5 years?" & he shot me through the leg with an Arrow. I took this as a subtle hint that he didn't want to talk about it. :lol:
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:21 pm

saint_matthew wrote:
danelsan wrote:And I continue to find Green Arrow's endless hypocrisy towards his mother's lying to be amusing.

What you mean the whole "someone bad took advantage of me, it turned to shit & then I had to keep it a secret for the benefit of others" thing.... Yeah I asked Ollie "but what about how you ended up on an island for 5 years?" & he shot me through the leg with an Arrow. I took this as a subtle hint that he didn't want to talk about it. :lol:

There is a Skyrim joke in this statement somewhere...I just know it! :lol:
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

Stormson
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Stormson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:33 pm

It's an Arrow joke, Roy Harper was insisting on helping him and Arrow shot him in the leg to keep him out of things.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:15 pm

This weeks episode did not wow me.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

drkrash
Groupie
Groupie

Postby drkrash » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:33 am

saint_matthew wrote:This weeks episode did not wow me.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I think it contained more promise than it delivered.

My biggest gripe was that Slade's motivation in the present was kinda lame. Ollie was right: get over it. He never had Shado, Shado had already chosen Ollie, and she died a long time ago.

If Slade was angry about this, I can see him holding a grudge and wanting to give one good beat down to Ollie. But this isn't "master villain" motivation to me.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:33 am

drkrash wrote:My biggest gripe was that Slade's motivation in the present was kinda lame. Ollie was right: get over it. He never had Shado, Shado had already chosen Ollie, and she died a long time ago.

That's exactly what I mean.... It was just a really weak motivation. I mean if I were to extract his motivation & place it into stereotypical villain monologue this is how that would read "Mwahahahahahaha, my dear Oliver, I have come back from the dead, instigated a huge plot to destroy the remains of Starling city, after coming back form the dead, losing my eye & turning my self into an internationally wealthy captain of industry, as revenge for someone else murdering a random girl who showed me no sexual interest 5 years ago, because a guy with a gun created a no win scenario in which you could not possible have won & shot her dead."

As far as lame motivations go that is totally the lamest one I've heard recently.
-Isaac Asimov

Setothes
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Setothes » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:24 am

I'm thinking the lack of rational motivation might have something to do with the Mirakiru making Slade crazyflakes and irrational.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”