The Red Panda Adventures (Superhero Radio Drama)

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
FuzzyBoots
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: The Red Panda Adventures (Superhero Radio Drama)

Postby FuzzyBoots » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 am

^_^ And a new episode went up today. There are other fans out their. Arkrite has done a 3E build and CrazyIvan has referenced a few episodes.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:56 am

Episode 90 is out today, but even bigger news. At the end of this month a Red Panda comic book will be available through comixology... If any of you good folks are interested. I just spammed Mary Sue, CBR & Newsarama; (since i have no shame and) i want to get word out there about this exciting product.

An just to get your motors going, here is the first issue cover page. Try telling me you don't want to purchase that?

“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Fri May 31, 2013 7:09 pm

New episode:

The Red Panda Adventures: Episode 94 "The Rookie"

He may be the most powerful man in any allied nation. So why has Mister Amazing been left on the sidelines for this long? Is there a terrible secret that has held him back, and can he overcome it to become a true hero at last? The Red Panda must find out as he trains... The Rookie

This episode (and all the previous ones) can be found (for free) on at the Red Panda Adventures Radio Play Website
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Mask of the Red Panda Update: The Kickstarter

I'm not usually a fan of kickstater & i doubt thats going to change now, but i am a fan of the Red Panda. They have decided to turn the recent Mask of the Red Panda comic into a fully voiced version. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/440 ... ?ref=email
-Isaac Asimov

Crazyivan777
Zealot
Zealot

Postby Crazyivan777 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:28 pm

I've been burnt over kickstarters before (from both ends), and thus I was hesitant. But for Red Panda? (And Decoder Ring Theatre in general) I'm all over it.

Beside, I'll be getting an official Red Panda agent number! (one of the various 25 dollar rewards)

And if I had an extra 225 beyond that, I'd so have gone for an appearance in one of the episodes!

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 am

Crazyivan777 wrote:I've been burnt over kickstarters before (from both ends), and thus I was hesitant. But for Red Panda? (And Decoder Ring Theatre in general) I'm all over it.

Beside, I'll be getting an official Red Panda agent number! (one of the various 25 dollar rewards)

And if I had an extra 225 beyond that, I'd so have gone for an appearance in one of the episodes!

Yeah, i can't contribute this time: Expensives university fee's are coming due again, so there goes a couple hundred bucks (bordering on a grand). But i did get a little info out of the guys, that there is a chance that the Mask of the Red Panada will be released as a trade... Now thats certainly something i can focus on paying out for.
-Isaac Asimov

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:46 pm

New episode:

The Red Panda Adventures: Episode 95 "power Struggle"

When the poster boy for duality gone wrong returns with old scores to settle, the entire city is in his crosshairs! There's only one man who could stop him, and for once, he doesn't wear a bright red mask or leap off rooftops in the company of redheaded squirrels. Who will emerge victorious in this... Power Struggle?

This episode (and all the previous ones) can be found (for free) on at the Red Panda Adventures Radio Play Website
-Isaac Asimov

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arkrite » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:02 am

The most recent episode, Naughty and Nice, is probably the funniest episodes they've done.
It does assume that you've been listening to all the episodes though, so if you just jump right in at the most recent episode you'll probably miss most of the references.
Regardless, it's really fun.

Also they're bringing out a print version of their comic "Mask of the Red Panda" out through IDW publishing. It's due out in February.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Arkrite wrote:Also they're bringing out a print version of their comic "Mask of the Red Panda" out through IDW publishing. It's due out in February.

Yeah, i accidentally broke that news on the Red Panda site, before the Red Panda site had. Funny story: I'd been asking them for a while about them making a TPB version & they were being all coy about the possibility. Well i happen to be looking at getting one of the novels & saw it was up for presale on book depository... So i jumped into my Facebook feed & said "hey look what i found."

Apparently they were waiting until the offical IDW solicitation had come out to announce it. :lol:

Anyway, congratulations on making it to 100 episode guys.
-Isaac Asimov

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Mask of the Red Panda part 1 just went live on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoZWbzXltQs

Its a motion comic, minus the motion... mostly.
-Isaac Asimov

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”