Justice League film [2015]

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
GrayPumpkin
Superhero
Superhero

Postby GrayPumpkin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Libra wrote:Hmmm. He looks the part, but I pity the poor soul for his surname.

He must have the patience of a saint to put up with the ribbing.

Either that or he's a baaaaad mother and nobody dares to do so in his presence. :shock:

Well is full name is apparently "Common Sense" if that makes you feel any better.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:36 am

Oh thank Heaven. It seems that this is a deliberately-chosen nom-du-rap instead of one of those little parental gifts you dearly wish you could return. . . 8)
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

Rule Brittania! Praise the Hoff and the Grin!

Warning!: May cause Thread Drift.

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:05 am

According to this, it seems that the s-cript would've had the JL dealing with both the expulsion of Batman & the death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday. Which is why those two would not actually be in the movie.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity
Location: On this side of insanity, or was it that side? *shrugs*

Postby EL » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:26 am

Dr Archeville wrote:According to this, it seems that the s-cript would've had the JL dealing with both the expulsion of Batman & the death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday. Which is why those two would not actually be in the movie.

That would be awesome!!!! Especially if they showed Superman's last minutes.
THAT was for my MOM, you Son of a B!TCh!!! -Dean Winchester

Dr Archeville
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Dr Archeville » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:05 pm

EL wrote:
Dr Archeville wrote:According to this, it seems that the s-cript would've had the JL dealing with both the expulsion of Batman & the death of Superman at the hands of Doomsday. Which is why those two would not actually be in the movie.

I don't think they'd be showing any of it. Just mentioning them.
Come join us at http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/index.php ! (current status: site and chat stable, Wiki pending)

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Hmmm. On first sight I was a little suspicious of the concept, but it actually makes sense from the perspective of a Justice League film, as opposed to a 'World's Finest and Chums' movie.
Founder of H.E.R.O.I.C, Complimenter-in-Chief, Co-Arch Henchman to the Grin, Servant of the Hoff!

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:09 pm

Dr Archeville wrote:
EL wrote:

I don't think they'd be showing any of it. Just mentioning them.

well that would be kind of lame. Especially considering that they had casted people for the roles of Superman and Batman.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:14 am

That does sound daft. The lads could at least make cameos.

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:43 am

supermanhomepage.com wrote: JFX Online spoke with Common about his role as Green Lantern in the up-coming JLA movie...

Common responded, "Now that the writers strike is over, [the script is] going to head back to the writers for a cleanup. God willing, it'll get done. This would be a big role for me."

While IESB.net's sources in Australia indicated that the movie could be back in production by the middle of this year

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:35 am

Hmmm. That sounds. . .positive at least. I'll have to refrain from saying whether or not I think it's a good thing until I see the actual film.

EL
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby EL » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:30 pm

www.supermanhomepage.com wrote:Reports were circulating late last week that producer Joel Silver told chud.com that the "Justice League of America" movie had been "tabled".

I briefly cornered producer Joel Silver to ask him how the Justice League movie would affect Wonder Woman. The answer: it won't. According to Silver, who would be in the know, Justice League has been 'tabled.'

Today, a trusted insider who was working on the JLA movie told the Superman Homepage that the film is indeed dead...
Apparently much of the crew were given termination notice a fortnight ago, spending the past two weeks chaotically attempting to archive everything "just in case".

"It's a pity, there was a lot of good stuff in it - stuff that would've been fairly new to the screen", said my inside source. "But also some not so good stuff... so who knows...".

So is that it? Is the JLA movie dead and buried?

"There's a glimmer of hope that it will still be done... but that's a lot of planets to align."

and just like that...

It was gone.

Emerald Flame
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Emerald Flame » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Hangs head and cries...

:cry:
Emerald Flame's 3e Builds
Emerald Flame's 2e Misc. Builds

The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort, but where they stand at times of challenge and controversy. -Martin Luther King, Jr.-

BlackDragon1200
Zealot
Zealot
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australasia, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky Way...

Postby BlackDragon1200 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:22 pm

I just picked up the New Frontier on DVD last week and was wondering if the JLA movie had any chance of being as good (i guess the answer is now no). But as far as a JLA movie goes, i am pretty happy with the New Frontier.
Fear is the mind killer...

Strict31
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom
Location: a huge, ever-growing, pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld

Postby Strict31 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:33 pm

BlackDragon1200 wrote:I just picked up the New Frontier on DVD last week and was wondering if the JLA movie had any chance of being as good (i guess the answer is now no). But as far as a JLA movie goes, i am pretty happy with the New Frontier.

I think the JLA movie was a disaster waiting to happen. Hell, I have the feeling Superfriends would have been better than this movie would have been.

Sucks that there won't be a JLA movie any time soon. But is that better or worse than a JLA movie that truly bites? I'm gonna go and watch some JLA DVDs, lads.

Libra
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Libra » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:36 am

Curses! :x

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”