Anyone play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Anyone play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:17 am

Because it's incredibly fun and awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dofacvjRkc

I just finished it.

Great-great game.

Arkrite
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Anyone play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?

Postby Arkrite » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:31 am

I bought it, and I enjoyed it.
I had flash backs to all those sci-fi movies from the 80's.

It wasn't terribly deep, but I found it to be an amusing ride through a macho action sci-fi movie. And really, that was more than enough for me to love it.

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby danelsan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:37 am

I played a bit for the 80's absurdity, but I really can't stand first person shooters, so I never finished it
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

Charles Phipps
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Charles Phipps » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:54 pm

danelsan wrote:I played a bit for the 80's absurdity, but I really can't stand first person shooters, so I never finished it

Well, that's your problem. It's more a first person STABBER.

:-)

It's about a year later than I wanted to play the game but I finally got around to downloading and playing it. My formal review thoughts can be found here.

However, really, this is just an awesome game. It works on multiple levels by taking the very fun Far Cry 3 gameplay and divorcing it from the less-than-likable Jason Brody protagonist. Rex Power Colt may be a silly-silly protagonist but he's a likable protagonist and it's good to see Michael Biehn getting work. Throw in Grey Delisle (Viconia from Baldur's Gate 2 and 3, Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender) and you have a great voice in your ear during the game too.

You also get to fight T-Rexes who shoot lasers from their eyes with a chain gun.

The second level is the pure 1980s nostalgia and the constant game of references. Robocop's gun, the mini-gun from Predator, the training montage from Rocky IV, the fact the plot is a weirdo version of Apocalypse now, and a dozen other bits of fun you'd need TV tropes to sort through.

The fact they're making a sequel is really smart business.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”