Rumour: Batman Arkham city announcment

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Rumour: Batman Arkham city announcment

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 am

Has anyone else heard the rumour that they are meant to be announcing the next instalment of the Arkham series of games today?
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Rumour: Batman Arkham city announcment

Postby ghostman76 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:17 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66397

Yep.

Kevin Conroy is back...check

Rocksteady is back....check

Getting to drive the Batmobile, FINALLY...check

I hope it's a return to the high quality of the first two games, and not the treading water of the third game.
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

Beleriphon
Paragon
Paragon

Postby Beleriphon » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:07 pm

ghostman76 wrote:I hope it's a return to the high quality of the first two games, and not the treading water of the third game.

As soon as I saw Rocksteady in the trailer I knew things were looking up.

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:50 pm

I knew it, I knew it

*does a little dance of happiness*

Not sure about the trailer though.... It looked a little awesome & the last time we got an awesome Arkham trailer is wasn't a very good game. But this is back with Rocksteady, so I'm hoping its good.

Personally I'm hoping that they were working on this the entire time, while WB was messing up the second game & Rocksteady has decided to make it a little more sandboxy. With civilians in the way, in the streets of a huge, beautifully detailed Gotham.
“Anti-Intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge’.”
-Isaac Asimov

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:48 pm

saint_matthew wrote:Not sure about the trailer though.... It looked a little awesome & the last time we got an awesome Arkham trailer is wasn't a very good game. But this is back with Rocksteady, so I'm hoping its good.

I know man...after that trailer with Deathstroke and Deadshot and knowing that Black Mask was the main villain....let's just say that the story was a let down.

I don't know if anyone else will know what I'm talking about, but this trailer really reminded me of the Wrath of the Lich King trailer for World of Warcraft, with the voice over of the father, and his words being ironic double entendres with the main characters current life.
"One must first experience pain in order to be able to appreciate it's absence."

saint_matthew
Overlord
Overlord

Postby saint_matthew » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:05 pm

ghostman76 wrote:
saint_matthew wrote:Not sure about the trailer though.... It looked a little awesome & the last time we got an awesome Arkham trailer is wasn't a very good game. But this is back with Rocksteady, so I'm hoping its good.

I know man...after that trailer with Deathstroke and Deadshot and knowing that Black Mask was the main villain....let's just say that the story was a let down.

yeah that was a real bait and switch move that annoyed a lot of people. Heck the entire game smacked of a low effort inclusion across the board.
-Isaac Asimov

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:28 pm

Got some more info from Game Informer....really interesting stuff!

GENERAL INFO:
- Next-gen only.
- Single player only. No multiplayer.
- Arkham Knight isn’t just the name of the game, it’s also the name of a brand new villain. Rocksteady is working with DC’s Geoff Johns to create the character from scratch.
- Batman starts the game in the Arkham City suit, but gets a new costume early on.
- Takes place in a central zone of Gotham City split into 3 islands. 5 times bigger than Arkham City.
- The level of detail in Gotham City is some of the most impressive Game Informer has ever seen in a video game.
- Takes place one year after Arkham City.
- With The Joker dead, Gotham’s villains come together to try to take down Batman.
- Scarecrow, Two-Face, Penguin, and Harley Quinn are all confirmed.
- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman. Troy Baker is Two-Face, Nolan North is Penguin, Tara Strong is Harley Quinn, and Wally Wingert is Ridder.
- Batman visits with Oracle in the game, she’s not just a voice in his earpiece anymore.
- Cut scenes are all done in game, so it doesn’t feel like you’re playing a game and then watching a movie.
- The characters are incredibly detailed. One has the polygon count of Arkham Aslyum, the whole environment.
- Batman’s cape and character’s clothing reacts realistically to wind and movement.
- All quick-fire gadgets can now be used during flight.
- Batman can perform a quick ground strike to downed opponents.
- Interrogations are back.
- Batman can incorporate the environment into his combat combos like never before.
- Fear takedowns allow Batman to take out multiple enemies in slow motion, as long as he isn’t spotted.
- This is Rocksteady’s last Batman game. There will be a clear ending to their Arkham trilogy. It’s possible that WB Games Montreal may still make Batman games set in the Arkham Origins time period.

BATMOBLIE INFO
- Rocksteady set out to make the best car in any game ever.
- It’s so detailed it would take up the space of an entire Xbox 360 game.
- It’s the only drive-able vehicle.
- Players can bring the Batmobile to their location with the press of a button.
- It can do burnouts, jumps, boosts, and even rotate in circles at a full stop to get you pointed in the right direction.
- It can smash through barricades, trees, and building corners.
- Batman can eject out of the Batmobile and go directly into gliding through the city.

BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT
Release: October 14, 2014
Developer: Rocksteady Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Platform: PS4, Xbox One, PC
Plot: In the explosive finale to the Arkham series, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...J4xbQ8VBZq2.99

danelsan
Daredevil
Daredevil

Postby danelsan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 pm

By next-gen only, does it mean no PC either, I wonder?

I find driving and cars in general to be boring and uninteresting (in real life or in games), so the Batmobile doesn't get my attention, but all the rest seem good news
My DeviantArt page
Batgirl avatar by ArtNerdEm

ghostman76
Luminary
Luminary

Postby ghostman76 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 pm

It's confirmed for PC as well as PS4 and Xbox One.

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”