Aaron Allston dead at 53

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
DSumner
Hero
Hero

Aaron Allston dead at 53

Postby DSumner » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Aaron Allston writer and game designer, has passed away in Branson Missouri at age 53. Aaron had a big hand in shaping a lot of the games I loved during the 80's. Champions, Car Wars, writing for The Space Gamer, and many others. He will be missed. :(

https://plus.google.com/+AllenVarney/posts/8ogyNeuYUgY
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Death is certain, life is not."

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Aaron Allston dead at 53

Postby Arthur Eld » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm

I read a lot of Allston's Star Wars books-Wraith Squadron was the first X-Wing novel I read, and even after reading true whole series, it stays with me the most. His NJO stuff is kind of odd-but eventually I realized that was a good thing.

He wasn't interested in getting every aspect of Jedi lore right, or even making sure his stories fit smoothly into established canon. He was more about writing a fun, entertaining, and compelling story with interesting characters.

And that's what it's all about. Very sorry to hear this.

Mr Mole
Firebrand
Firebrand

Postby Mr Mole » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:33 pm

I generally make a point of not commenting when someone dies... But I've loved Aaron Allston's work for most of three decades and I can't even count the number of products I've owned with his name on them... The guy was incredible at what he did... I'm sorry to learn that's come to an end... He'll be missed...

greycrusader
Superhero
Superhero

Postby greycrusader » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:49 pm

The man's Strikeforce sourcebook is an amazing superhero rpg resource, even playing outside the HERO system; he was also the author of the Doc Sidhe novels, which blended pulp and urban fantasy.

Far too soon.
The Contingent: When all other super teams fail...

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”