Hello!

Discuss anything vaguely M&M related here, such as comics, movies, and action figures.
rwknoll
Bystander
Bystander

Hello!

Postby rwknoll » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:51 am

I'm so glad that registration is open again! I discovered the M&M game and this website weeks ago, but I couldn't register and have been stuck on so many random questions. As soon as I have a chance to type them up, I will be sure to seek help. In the meantime, I wanted to say hi and hate that I am really excited to delve into this game.

I am hoping to GM a game of M&M 3e with my friends set in the X-Men universe. I will probably run a one-shot game just to test the waters and whet my players' appetites for the game. One thing I haven't been able to find yet on these boards is a great repository of setting info for the X-Men universe. I found a lot of great builds I can use, but I would rather not rely solely on my background knowledge and Google searches for a compendium of the X-Men universe and plot ideas. So, does anyone have any useful resources for X-Men stuff, or ideas for a one-shot game? Thanks!

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Re: Hello!

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Well, this would probably be better in the GM's Eyes Only forum here, but it so happens that the first 3E game I played on the Tank here (mostly for people to get used to the new rules) was an X-Men one.

We basically played through a Danger Room training session battling Sentinels, and then Magneto. It was a lot of fun.

rwknoll
Bystander
Bystander

Postby rwknoll » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Arthur Eld wrote:Well, this would probably be better in the GM's Eyes Only forum here, but it so happens that the first 3E game I played on the Tank here (mostly for people to get used to the new rules) was an X-Men one.

We basically played through a Danger Room training session battling Sentinels, and then Magneto. It was a lot of fun.

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure where to post this topic. Thanks for the suggestion, I might check out your game if it was a play-by-post game here. Do you have a link to it? I think I missed it when searching.

Arthur Eld
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Postby Arthur Eld » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 pm

I'll scrounge up a link for ya. It was a long time ago.

Here ya go. Hard to believe 3E's been out for 4 years.

Orville
Bystander
Bystander

Postby Orville » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Hello guys

I was also very happy to see that I was able to register today. I have been hanging around for a few months and not being able to post anything.

But here I am with my first post.

As rwknoll I am also planning to run my first M&M game and I am trying to set up my own universe based upon X-men, the tv show heroes and various masked vigelantes type characters. Like green arrow and others.

I will also take a look on the link Arthur Eld posted above, thanks for that.

I want to write more about my campaign, my thoughts around it and perhaps we can discuss. But I´ll do that in the GM room.

I have been a comic book fan as a kid and now in the mid thirties I have re discovered the world of superheroes again and started buying: Star trek ongoing, Action comics Superman, justice league and various captain america issues. I have also read a handfull of thor adventures.

Also thinking about buyng court of owls or the death in the family series from DC.

Oh, I have been listening to a lot of gamer´s heaven stuff and I wonder if anyone knows when they will continue the story with the heroes Blue streak, Cerberus, Crimson bolt and others? I really enjoyed those podcasts.

Great to be here

Return to “Sidekicks Lounge”